Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

June 13, 2014
Chemistry for Ha, Kang in ‘Kundo’The two stars face off in bandit-filled movie about Joseon era
By CARLA SUNWOO Korea JoongAng Daily
12202023.jpg
Director Yoon Jong-bin’s latest film “Kundo: Age of the Rampants” is about a group of bandits who fight for justice during the rule of King Cheoljong in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). Provided by ShowBox
In one of the most anticipated blockbusters of this summer, Ha Jung-woo and Kang Dong-won will team up to wreak havoc in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).
At a press junket held Tuesday, the two actors joined director Yoon Jong-bin, along with the rest of the A-list cast, to talk about “Kundo: Age of the Rampant,” a tale based on 19th-century bandits who waged war against the nobility and corrupt government officials. 
“I tapped into movies that I used to love as a child,” said Yoon, when asked where he drew his inspiration from.
“Rather than making an intellectual film, I wanted to get hearts racing,” he said. 
12202042.jpg
Ha Jung-woo and Kang Dong-won star in the upcoming film “Kundo: Age of the Rampants.” [NEWSIS]
And while the star-filled cast alone could do just that, it is the dynamics between the two leads, Ha and Kang, that has tongues wagging.
In the film, Ha plays Do-chi, a butcher turned bandit who is out for revenge, while Kang plays Jo-yoon, an officer who makes life difficult for the peasants. 
The film marks Ha’s fourth collaboration with Yoon, who he most recently worked with on “Nameless Gangster.” Meanwhile, “Kundo” is Kang’s return to the spotlight.
“Not because he’s a friend, but really, I find his work so interesting,” Ha said about Yoon. 
While it’s Kang’s first time working with Yoon, “Kundo” is significant as it is the actor’s first full feature since he starred in “Love for Sale” (2010). 
Kang admitted it was hard getting back into “things like breathing techniques” after a hiatus following his military service. 
“It’s been 10 years since my debut, and it’s only recently that I started thinking that I was a decent actor now, but then something like this [the film] makes me realize I still have a long way to go,” said Kang.
And while wearing socks in the middle of summer and handling a sword the size of a small man was challenging, Kang said the film did come with rewards, namely the chance to work with Ha, whom he said was a great leader and ice breaker. 
“He’s just so funny,” said Kang, unable to stifle a laugh as he looked at his co-star during the press conference. 
“Even looking into his eyes makes me laugh.” 
Meanwhile, Ha was quick to return the compliment by saying he was “grateful that Kang Dong-won got my jokes and responded so favorably.” 
Ha added that Kang was “very different” to how he imagined he would be. “I realized that Kang Dong-won is worth his name. There’s no-one like him,” he said.
When asked if any difficulties came up while shooting, Ha said it was more the preparation rather than the acting that was challenging.
“I filmed a period drama [before] and fell off a horsem,” said Ha. “So this time I asked the director if I could run instead, but he said don’t be ridiculous.”
And while getting back on a horse was difficult, there were also some other issues.
“Having to shave your head everyday was a lot of work,” said Ha. “Personally, I found putting on the beard and riding horses to be the most grueling jobs .?.?. After makeup, you’d be exhausted.” 
Lee Sung-min, who plays the head of the Joseon gangsters, said there was something special about the set. 
“There was just this amazing energy force because of the predominantly male cast,” said Lee. 
“But for that reason there were times when I just felt like I couldn’t handle them, although I was the leader.” 
The film opens next month. 

Guest AnJilaah

Hi everyone,
201420341403051058.jpg

KDW and the rest of the Kundo cast (Ha Jung Woo, Lee Sung Min, Jo Jin Jung, Ma Dong Seok, Yoon Ji Hye) will be having a 'Movie Talk LIVE' by Naver Movie on June 30, 21:00 (9 PM) KST.
This Movie Talk LIVE will be like a mini red carpet event where netizens will have an unique opportunity to participate and ask actors in a question and answer portion. Some BTS and action making videos will also be revealed to the public. 
Source: Sports Seoul

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/271198
Kang Dong Woalong with Han Ji Min, Lee Joon, Kim Sung Ryung, and Jo Jin Woong selected as jury for the 13th Mise-en-Scene Short Film Festival that will be held from 26 June - 3 July in Seoul.
He will be in charge for the movie "A City of Sadness", a movie that talks about society.
Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival(MSFF) is one of the most prestigious short film festivals in Korea. MSFF differentiates itself from the short film festivals by trying a new concept that short films can also be categorized into a genre. In other words, the basic idea of MSFF is that it would be interesting and fresh to view short films within the genre tradition and also to read against the grain at the same time. MSFF proudly presents a variety of Korean short films annually under the catchphrase of "Beyond the Barrier of Genres." The festival is held every June in Seoul, Korea.

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 24px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Showbiz Korea - CINE-ZOOM "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant"

Guest AnJilaah

"KUNDO" Kang Dong-won practices action

photo451670.jpg

The most anticipated film this summer is "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant" starring Kang Dong-won.

Kang Dong-won, in the role of Jo Yoon, performed all action scenes on his own without a stunt double. He's also been training for four months prior to the intense action scenes which he's had to perform during production. His training included swinging the sword hundreds of times every day at action school.

Unlike the action he showed in the previous film "Duelist", the action here required a lot more strength, as the sword was made especially for him. He's restricted himself to a strict rule which is repeating the same moves hundreds of times, boosting his strength. Not only that, he's also been focusing on weight training since he faces a huge army by himself in the film.

Kang Dong-won said, "I am sure there are people who are better than me and can perform stunts for me, but I think it'd be more interesting for the audience if I did the action myself".

"KUNDO: The Age of the Rampant" is an historical action film about an army of honest soldiers who join forces with the people of the country during times of corruption and exploitation. Ha Jeong-woo stars in this movie as Do Chi and Kang Dong-won stars as his opponent Jo Yoon. Other casts include Jo Jin-woongMa Dong-seokYoon Ji-hyeJeong Man-sikKim Seong-gyoonKim Jae-yeongLee Kyeong-yeong and other famous stars. To be released on the 23rd of July.

photo451669.jpg

Source : isplus.live.joins.com...

via HANCINEMA

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 670px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"The 13th Mise-en-scene Short Film Festival opening ceremony 26 June 2014

20140626_1403769595_30416400_1.jpg
1403769396_721327.jpg
201406261700778754_53abd372165b3.jpg
201406261730362810_1.jpg

more.. http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com.tr