Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Hi, paye_yap...welcome to kdw thread!

thx for sharing that vid, it's not the news of him but about fan tribute vid,

the title trans by google means "looking forward to the best of the Star Kang Dong Won discharged" :)

thanks for the warm welcome oceanluv! :) ohh..i like the news eventhough i dont understand it.haha

thanks for translating it to me.....really, really nice of you.mwuah. kamsahamnida! godbless. :):D

As usual no news on KDW and any related news will really make my day ….

With a message on a placard “Dong Won oppa, will you marry me!” a girl in a wedding dress (despite of the cold weather) proposed to KDW on the street.

z_soompi1.jpg

Another KDW related news: Ha-ha (from Running Man variety show) twitted KDW challenging him for a soccer video game match….

HaHa challenges Kang Dong Won on a soccer video game match-up

Source: Kpopfever (Feb 25, 2012)

HaHa is ready to put a dent on Kang Dong Won‘s perfect soccer (football) video game records.

HaHa twitted on the 25th, “Kang Dong Won!!! Mr.!! To my dongseng Nam Chang Hee you have.. Let’s battle it out!!”.

He continued, “Our age…? I am hyung!!!! Winning. I will show you the feel of a real wind-fighter. The home team is my home. Why don’t you cross over to Hongdae… Sorry for the disrespectful tone. I lived in Changwon too! Hahaha”, and he challenged Kang Dong Won for a soccer video game match that will decide the king of Winning Eleven in the entertainment industry.

A little later HaHa twitted the photo above with the message, “Let’s battle it out!!! Kang Dong Won!!! Mr.. let’s see who wins!! Ahem~ Keuhahahahahahaha”.

Comedian Nam Chang Hee spoke about losing to Kang Dong Won on a video game match when he appeared as a guest on KBS ‘Happy Together’ and it looks as though HaHa is ready to avenge his dongseng’s defeat.

Thx fizzykyle , you make my day too!! Those 3 new news are cute and funny…

Kdw is really famous in playing Winning Eleven Game but never know that celebs want to challenge him like this.

Wonnie, you are perfect in everything you do, even playing a soccer video game!!

HaHa, beating dongwon is not easy, better be ready for a tough fight! (record the match on the clip pls)

Guest bidd010105

oooaaaaaaaa......this girl is so cute......wonder what KDW thinks when he sees this news......LOL....

Thank you fizzykyle for all the news.....can't wait to see him back !!!

US director, McG, during his recent press conference in Seoul for his latest movie This Means War (Starring Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hardy) mentioned that the Korean actors that impressed him .... Lee Byung Hun, Ha Jeong Woo and Kang Dong Won.

Just check this

video clip

Credit to gall.dcinside

Hi. I can't see the video, when I clicked the link it says Malware Detected. Can you help me please? Is there any other links to see the video?Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

POLL

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/who-is-currently-the-hottest-celebrity

Hottest Stars Full List

1.Kim Soo Hyun

2.Big Bang

3.Girl’s Generation

4.Ha Jung Woo

5.Lee Seung Gi

6.Hyun Bin

7.IU

8.Han Ga In

9.Yoo Ah In

10.Ali

Most Handsome Star Full List

1.Won Bin

2.Kim Soo Hyun

3.Jang Dong Gun

4.Jo In Sung

5.Lee Min Ho

6.Lee Byung Hun

7.Kang Dong Won

8.Nichkhun (2PM)

9.Park Yoochun

10.So Ji Sub

11.Song Seung Hun

12.Song Joong Ki

13.Lee Seung Gi

14.Alex

15.Yoo Ah In

16.Jang Geun Suk

17.Cha In Pyo

18.Taecyeon (2PM)

19.Hyun Bin

Most Beautiful Star Full List

1.Kim Tae Hee

2.Son Ye Jin

3.Lee Min Jung

4.Kim Hee Sun

5.Han Ye Seul

6.Ha Ji Won

7.YoonA (Girl’s Generation)

8.Jun Ji Hyun

9.Suzy (Miss A)

10.Shin Min Ah

11.Song Hye Kyo

12.Shim Eun Ha

13.Han Ga In

14.Moon Chae Won

15.Lee Young Ae

16.Jung Yoo Mi

17.Han Ji Min

18.Shin Jae Yi

Do you agree with these ‘experts’?

Source + Photos: Donga via Nate

• 2 weeks later...

I envy you Oceanluv; you’re among a few who had watched Camellia!

Last couple of days Japanese fans who ordered Camellia dvd have started receiving them. Found out from Korean forums that some of them are ordering from this site for its cheaper shipping charges: japan hmv online

Other site where you can purchase the dvd : amazon.co.jp

But the dvd is with Japanese subtitles. Since it’s not been officially released (except in Thailand, Japan and film festivals) I’m not sure if there is any dvd with English subtitles in the future :unsure: .

Hi. I can't see the video, when I clicked the link it says Malware Detected. Can you help me please? Is there any other links to see the video?Thanks.

Hi Hjjh616, I’m not sure if you still want the link to McG interview but there is a youtube link for the same clip: McG video clip (Sorry for the delayed response; I really wish I can frequently visit this thread… :( )

HELLO FRIENDS HERE'S THE LINK OF CAMELLIA LOVE FOR SALE http://search.nate.com/search/all.html?dsn=1&q=%BC%DB%C7%FD%B1%B3&si=0&thr=sbus&asn=000000539&csn=000&ml=1&tq=&rq=&nq=&sg=&fss=&tid=&hlid=&clid=&cbid=

KDW IS SO HOT HERE & THE CHEMISTRY HE SHARED W/ HYEKYO IS SO SWEET! but just like the other independent films that i watch this one is also weird or it's just because i dont understand a single thing cause it doesnt have an english sub i wish someone will sub it to english for better viewing :)

msriz, thx for the link, i'm glad to listen to his original voice (i only watched the Thai dub version)

but a little upset about sound delay...

NEWS

Most Popular Celebrities in First Half of 2012

Posted on Apr 18, 2012

Leespiar (the first independent marketing research firm in Korea) conducted a survey of celebrities’ popularity among 1329 people aged 13-65 in five major cities from March 24th to March 31st.

They did not reveal the complete list.

Male Talent/Actors Top 10

1. Won Bin 16.3%

2. Kim Soo Hyun 16.0%

3. Jang Dong Gun 9.2%

4. Hyun Bin 7.8%

5. Lee Seung Gi 6.5%

6. Kang Dong Won 5.6%

……

Male Singers Top 10

1. Big Bang 18.1%

2. Lee Seung Gi 11.3%

3. 2PM 8.1%

4. Rain 6.9%

5. 2AM 5.7%

……

Female Talent/Actresses Top 10

1. Kim Tae Hee ?%

2. Han Ga In 16.9%

3. Ha Ji Won 12.6%

4. Shin Min Ah 6.8%

5. Song Hye Gyo 6.6%

……

Female Singers Top 10

1. SNSD 26.9%

2. IU 15.3%

3. Wonder Girls 7.3%

4. Lee Hyori 7.1%

5. Baek Ji Young 6.5%

6. Miss A 6.2%

……

Source: hankooki via nate

English translation/summary: tryp96.wordpress.com

http://tryp96.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/most-popular-celebrities-in-first-half-of-2012/

Thanks Msriz. I’m glad that KDW and SHK were paired up in Camellia. They really complement each other and definitely one of the most gorgeous couples onscreen.

On KDW related news, a 6 years record held by “Maundy Thursday” (Our Happy Time) as Korean most viewed melodrama movie (with 3.13 million at the box-office) are finally taken over by “Introduction to Architecture” (starring Uhm Tae Woong/Han Ga-in).

News: dongA.com

Proud that Maundy Thursday held the record for such a long time even without kissing/romantic scenes; just purely based on beautiful but sad story with great acting by Lee Na Young & KDW. It’s a slow pace movie, so the 1st time I watched it I thought I would die of boredom. Glad that I kept on watching till the end. I cried a bucket once it ended and the story lingered on my mind for several weeks ….

The link to one of good reviews of the movie (I haven’t seen a bad one yet…): Maundy Thursday review

Guest MoNaRoSa
  • 1 month later...

Hi  forevergirl, as usual it’s hard (even for the media) to get any news about him. I think he already mastered the art of hiding and to get a glimpse of him is like the rare occurrence of  a solar eclipse itself…

As a fan, I really wish once in a while he allows himself to be visible so we know that he’s doing fine. But  if that’s his choice, therefore he can focus on his work while serving his MS and improve his acting skills during his free time so that he can  ‘wow’ us again once he’s back into the spotlight, anything he does is okay with me…

Stay happy and healthy DW and we’re waiting for your return!

(Actually I came here to post something else but I think I need to understand Soompi new format before I can do that! )

• 2 weeks later...

안녕하세요 여러분 (Hi everyone),

The one that I intended to share in my last post was a news article (came out around April? or May?) about the Korean males most mentioned by female stars/celebrities as their ideal men. I got reminded of it when I came across the news of SISTAR’s Hyorin love confession for KDW. Only on the last few days I was free and I tried to find back the article; but  weeks had passed since the last time I read it, so I failed... sorry gals…

And thanks Oceanluv for reminding me that in a matter of months we will see him again. In the meantime, I think I better post this ‘wanted man’ poster, in case somebody knows his whereabouts.....

soompiavatar4-Copy.jpg

I‘m not sure if I do it right.

I've troubled in adding emoticons, eg: it comes out as ":-SS " (what on earth is that?); I have no idea how to edit my previous post; and, is there any help section in Soompi where I can refer to if I have problems with the format? To all 친구 (chingu) who can help or advice me, thanks in advance ….