Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest puppyiz

HI everyone here & 'oceanluv' ( you are welcomed)

I've been a very silent GDW follower since 'Too Beautiful to Lie' / 'Temptation of the Wolves ' but havent been actively updating myself for quite a long time ^^

Thanx for the valueble infos & current updates ppl.. please keep this thread rolling.

However, the first post / page seriously needs to be updated.

Hope anyone kind can offer to help.

Incidentally ... will anyone be in Seoul, the time this movie Premieres ??

Puppyiz, thanx for your kindness...we are looking forward to watching it so much... :)

hantamthieu, SB should be the same kind as True Lies :rolleyes: (SB includes action, drama, thriller and comedy)

It got 4.9 million viewers in the second place. (2010 03 11)

Guest avinn

Hi Puppyiz..

Thanks for dropped by the thread with informative goodies!! Same here, I had been your silent 'Oppa' follower after the Green Rose and Marrying a Millionaire.. B) , really wanna see Into the White Night when it's out and definitely rooting for both hotties for their another highly anticipated movie 'PSYCHIC' !!!

Btw, I've just pmed heavenly angel, the owner of the first post, hopefully she can help us updating it.

Guest puppyiz

Hi AVINN ... hehe :D I am surprised that you too a follower of KOSOO.

Hmm ~ since i am of his age group .. i would use " ssi " ...

when you lucky ladies still have chance to address him adorably as ' oppa ' :D

Thanx so much for passing the message to our thread starter.

[ LoTs of work to do when the updating is required ] So..you girls pls see what you should do to help ya ??

====

I came back to share another of this translated news contributed by our friend.

Full Credits : ELSIE TOH

English translation relating to news dated 2010-03-11

Source : sportsworldi.segye.com

kskdw.jpg

Will there be a triangular relationship among Kang Dong-won, Ko Soo and the leading actress?

The confrontation between the character with supernatural powers and the ordinary guy will make up the main plot of the movie. The leading actress’ role will therefore be relatively small and may even be insignificant. Hence, it will not be an enviable part for top actresses.

When the casting of Kang Dong-wan and Ko Soo was announced, it quickly became the talk of the town. Female fans all over were brimming with excitement. Is it real or is it a dream? How could it be possible to have two gorgeous men in a film together? It will certainly be a feast for the eyes. As the film title pointedly states “The Man with Supernatural Powers” – who will be cast as the man with supernatural powers?

The movie marks the debut of Director Kim Min-seok. Not much has been revealed about the plot but rumours have it that the scenario will be highly unusual and it has a lot to do with supernatural powers.

Who is the hero – Kang dong-won or Ko Soo?

With two top stars in a movie, it’s a matter of concern and interest as to who will assume the top role. In terms of box office, Kang Dong-won seems to have the upper hand as “Jeonwoochi” and “Siblings” exceeded over 600 million and 500 million viewers respectively. He is indisputably a top star for commercial movies. However, Ko Soo’s success should not be overlooked either. Though “White Night” was not as successful in the box office, nevertheless he received critical acclaim for his performance in WISFC. He has been in several commercials and is getting more and more popular these days.

Nonetheless, “The Man with Supernatural Powers” is a two-hero movie. Kang Dong-won and Ko Soo are perceived as two lead characters in the movie. The two actors have put aside their egos and claim that they are a team.

Who will the leading actress be?

There has been much interest as to who will be the leading actress who comes between Kang Dong-won and Ko Soo. She has to be a superior actress in order to provide a good match for the two extremely good looking actors. Two very talented actresses come to mind – Lim Soo-jung who co-starred with Kang Dong-won in “Jeonwoochi” and Son Ye Jin who starred with Ko Soo in “White Night”.

However, the production has disclosed that, as the female lead will not have a significant part in the film, it is unlikely that a top actress will be cast. It will also not be wise to cast a top actress as it will cause jealousies among the fans of Kang Dong-won and Ko Soo.

What is the film about?

Fans are displaying their imaginative power with regards to the plot. In the film, Kang Dong-won is a man who lives with supernatural powers and Ko Soo is an ordinary guy who opposes him.

“The Man with Supernatural Powers” is both a thriller and a comedy. While others are heralding a reversal - Kang Dong-won being the hero and Ko Soo the villain, the production has dispelled this rumour. “This is not the case, as rather, Ko Soo is the better character”.

----- end of translation -----

Guest avinn

Puppyiz

Thanks once again for another update..btw, you may call me Amy in here.. :)

Just my two cents on the above article..

The confrontation between the character with supernatural powers and the ordinary guy will make up the main plot of the movie. The leading actress’ role will therefore be relatively small and may even be insignificant. Hence, it will not be an enviable part for top actresses.

The leading actress would be insignificantly relevant if they already have two heartthrobs in a movie. Unless they are focusing on love triangle as the main plot, then a top actress is required indeed.

How could it be possible to have two gorgeous men in a film together? It will certainly be a feast for the eyes.

I have the same thought too. Anyway, this could be part of the producer's strategy in making the film a succesful one. It is absolutely a wise choice of having the two who can surely pull it off.

With two top stars in a movie, it’s a matter of concern and interest as to who will assume the top role. In terms of box office, Kang Dong-won seems to have the upper hand as “Jeonwoochi” and “Siblings” exceeded over 600 million and 500 million viewers respectively. He is indisputably a top star for commercial movies. However, Ko Soo’s success should not be overlooked either. Though “White Night” was not as successful in the box office, nevertheless he received critical acclaim for his performance in WISFC.

Not being bias or anything, but if I were given a choice of who should take the centre stage, KDW should be the one. Am not underestimate Go Soo whose acting skill is at the same level as KDW (that's one of the reason why I like them both B) ), it's just that KDW has made a name for himself as a movie's top star which sounds strong enough to make him play the main role.

Nonetheless, “The Man with Supernatural Powers” is a two-hero movie. Kang Dong-won and Ko Soo are perceived as two lead characters in the movie.

This would be a tough choice when it comes to the nominees of the best movie actor award. :rolleyes:

It will also not be wise to cast a top actress as it will cause jealousies among the fans of Kang Dong-won and Ko Soo.

Seriously as their fan, am not jealous at all. In fact, I love to see them act along top actress especially in love story so as to see how cool or dorky they are towards their girls. :)

In the film, Kang Dong-won is a man who lives with supernatural powers and Ko Soo is an ordinary guy who opposes him.

We'll see how brilliant they are in handling the matters..can hardly wait!!

Guest hantamthieu

SB should be the same kind as True Lies :rolleyes: (SB includes action, drama, thriller and comedy)

It got 4.9 million viewers in the second place. (2010 03 11)

Oh really ? I thought it would be a bit more serious than that! If it's the same kind as True Lies, then I really like it, as I really enjoyed watching True Lies, something light and fun and entertaining.

I have no idea about Go Soo so I can't make any comment. Just hope they will make a good collaboration and get along well. Within this year, I will have 3 more KDW movies to watch !

Guest puppyiz

Hi again Amy !!!

Umm ~ too early for me to comment on the love triangle thingy :P

I will just focus on two talents such as DongWon & KoSoo...for the time being.

Incidentally- both hot guys have collaborated some years back, I mean to say

back when they modelled for a fashion brand.

( I am sure most of you here must've seen their adorable looking faces before in LITMUS ^^ )

I am quite happy to see them both working side by side, again.

socutes.jpg

Nevertheless... i agreed with your write up.

======

Maybe this hasnt been posted.. i havent the time to track back.

G Chris Superstar - Gang Dong Won models 'Chris . Christy' [크리스.크리스티」

source :fashionbiz

These pictures ?? i guess they're for year 2008. :P ( sorry if they've been previously posted)

christchristyfeb2010.jpg

chrischristy5.jpg

christchristy1.jpgchristchristy2.jpg

chrischristy3.jpg

chrischristy4.jpg

- kindly provide credits if distributed elsewhere -

Guest avinn

Hiii..Puppyiz...and the rest of my beloved friends too Unnie (U got to learn something abt Go Soo, trust me they gonna be a superb team :D ), Sis (you've been away for soo long..miss u ..), Mara, Oceanluv and Kamin...

Anyway, thanks for reading my comments.. :) I look forward to read more updates . :D

Btw, I don''t know that they had modelled for the same brand back then..Oh my God, both dongsaeng and hyung look good together. thanks for the pic !

No worries about the Chris.Christy pic. We never tired of seeing his modelling pics. In fact, I really hope he could at least do one more round of modelling for them before he gets enlisted in the army...

Guest puppyiz

Heloo again Amy & friends !!

I must say ..GangDongWon...

GOSH ~ he is such a good actor..i've seen the trailer of Sworn Brothers. The role befitted him so !

He's such a cool spy !! I like him more than James Bond's character.

I wonder if anyone here can please update me ??

When is Dongwon ssi leaving for the military ??

Today, i am bringing over more translated news

This one as posted by our member from the neighbouring thread.

Gang Dong-won, Ko Soo cast in new action thriller

2010031514291488996_1.jpg

Top Korean actors Gang Dong-won and Ko Soo have become the main cast of a new action thriller tentatively titled "Psychic," according to movie producers Zip Cinema on Monday.

Gang will play the role of a mind-controlling psychic who tries to lead an ordinary life until he meets Kyu-nam, played by Ko, who is not affected by his supernatural powers.

The movie will be helmed by director Kim Min-seok who has won the award for his film “Memories of Oldboy” at the 2004 Mise-en-scene's short film festival under the action category. He was also the assistant to famed directors Bong Joon-ho and Kim Ji-woon.

Filming is set to begin in mid-May with release scheduled for the latter half of the year.

Gang made his debut in the entertainment industry in 2003 appearing in several dramas but rose to fame after his role in the hit movie "Romance of their Own." He has starred in other movies such as "Duelist," "M," "WOOCHI" and most recently in the action movie "Secret Reunion."

Ko appeared in the music video “Letter” by singer Position in 1998 and has since added numerous dramas and films to his resume. His most memorable appearances include dramas "Piano" and "Will it Snow for Christmas?" and movies "Some" and "White Night."

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...031514291488996

http://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/1679

kskdw2.jpg

Kang Dong-won and Ko Soo – Valiant showdown in “Man with Supernatural Powers”

Kang Dong-won and Ko Soo to become lead actors in “Man with Supernatural Power”.

The film is about a man with supernatural powers (Kang Dong-won) who lives an ordinary life. One day, he meets a regular guy (Ko Soo) and finds that his supernatural powers are ineffective on this regular guy. Hence, the start of an interesting showdown between the two lead characters. The unusual story which happens in Seoul in the year 2010 about a man with supernatural powers who lives as an ordinary man who then encounters a man whom he is unable to exercise his superpowers on, has caught the attention of fans all over.

The film will be directed by Kim Min-seok who won a prize laureate for “Memories of an Old Man” in a film festival in 2004. He is a director with great strengths. It is believed that Director Kim with his team of young and capable assistants will produce a brilliant movie.

Though Kang Don-won’s character has supernatural powers (he could control a person by merely looking at them), he desires a normal and quiet life. However, he changes his mind when he meets Ko Soo who is the only person who does not succumb to his supernatural powers. Ko Soo discovers his secret and is thrown into uncertainties.

Kang Dong-won is currently one of the most bankable actors in Korea. Most of his films are box office successes and fans are concerned about his next project. What really attracts Kang to this project is that this is a very unusual role and this is the first time such a role has surfaced in Korean film history. Hence, his decision to participate in this movie. Kang Dong-won is expected to shine as a mysterious character with hidden supernatural powers. His showdown with Ko Soo in this action movie is eagerly awaited by all.

Ko Soo portrays a common man in the street who doesn’t succumb to Kang’s supernatural powers. He will have an electrifying showdown with Kang Dong-won’s character in the movie. Ko Soo’s character is an ordinary guy who is true to his job, law abiding and will fight for justice when he sees a wrongdoing. He accidentally discovers the true identity of Kang Dong-won and gets involved in a string of unexpected events.

Ko Soo’s mesmerizing charms in a number of movies and TV dramas have captivated the hearts of many female fans. His portrayal of a righteous and endearing character in “Man with Supernatural Powers” will exude a different kind of charm. His complete changeover and his exciting showdown with Kang Dong-won will be the highlight of the movie.

Filming starts May 2010 and the expected release date is second half of this year.

---- end of translation ----

( Any redistribution of this translation..kindly give full credits to ELSIE TOH )

Guest hantamthieu

Hiii..Puppyiz...and the rest of my beloved friends too Unnie (U got to learn something abt Go Soo, trust me they gonna be a superb team :D ), Sis (you've been away for soo long..miss u ..), Mara, Oceanluv and Kamin...

Anyway, thanks for reading my comments.. :) I look forward to read more updates . :D

Btw, I didn't know that they had modelled for the same brand back then..Oh my God, both dongsaeng and hyung look good together. thanks for the pic !

No worries about the Chris.Christy pic. We never tired of seeing his modelling pics. In fact, I really hope he could at least do one more round of modelling for them before he gets enlisted in the army...

Yes I believe you :). I've heard of 'Will it snow in Christmas' (but didn't watch it though). Anyway I've had a look at his profile and it's very impressive. He started out even earlier than DW. I also found out, as Puppyiz mentioned, I should address him as -ssi :). At first I thought DW is the hyung, it turned out the other way around.

I really like his Chris.Christy photo series. Hope he can do one more round of modelling before entering MS.

Edit: Ooppss didn't expect to top the page. Sorry I have nothing to share.

Guest avinn

Thanks puppyiz !! :D

Though Kang Don-won’s character has supernatural powers (he could control a person by merely looking at them), he desires a normal and quiet life. However, he changes his mind when he meets Ko Soo who is the only person who does not succumb to his supernatural powers. Ko Soo discovers his secret and is thrown into uncertainties.

Seriously the highlighted part is almost similar to what I have expected earlier.. :D .

The hardest part is, he can't simply reveal his secret power until someone divulge the truth and confront him. Just my imagination, anyway.. :rolleyes::D

That kind of supernatural powers make it sounds like he plays a role similar to Vampires (as in JP Drama and American TV Series that I have seen so far) which love to control a person's mind as to react toward something in either bad or good manner. Hmmm.. this is undeniably worth watching.. B)

Unnie, who knows you might fall for him when Wonnie is in MS :rolleyes:

Guest puppyiz

Sharing another angle of translation by ELSIE ^^

http://ent.mop.com/movie/3139111.shtml

kskdw6.jpg

Kang Dong-won vs Ko Soo – Showdown in “Man with Supernatural Powers”

Kang Dong-won (29) and Ko Soo (32), two actors with looks and talent to outdo each other in a new film.

ZIP Production Company announced on 15 March 2010 that “Kang Dong-won and Ko Soo have confirmed their participation in “Man with Supernatural Powers” which is about the face-off between a man with supernatural powers and the only man who is not affected by his supernatural powers”.

In the film, Kang Don-won plays a mysterious man who is fearful of his hidden supernatural powers. Though he has the ability to control a person with his unique power, he prefers to live a quiet and ordinary life. However, he meets Kyu-nam (played by Ko Soo) who not only does not succumb to his supernatural powers but sees through his very existence. He thus becomes disturbed.

Working with Kang Dong-won for the first time, Ko Soo portrays Kyu-nam, a guy who is not affected by Kang’s supernatural powers. He is a loyal, ordinary white collar worker, but with a courageous and fiery personality. He has a chance encounter with the man with supernatural powers and is then thrown into a series of unexpected happenings.

Kang Dong-won who has proven to be a box office draw with “Jeonwoochi” and “Brothers”, together with Ko Soo with his breakthrough portrayal in “White Night” will exude a different kind of charm in MWSP. As a mischevious warrier in “Jeonwoochi”, Kang has an extraordinary role as a fascinating yet mysterious character in the new movie. Ko Soo, who played a sad lonely killer in “White Night”, will portray a clumsy yet endearing fella in MWSP. Audiences can expect to see a magnificent battle scene between the two lead actors.

MWSP will be directed by Kim Min-seok who received an award for “An Old Man’s Memories” at the 2004 MSFF. MWSP will be his first full-length film.

----- end of translation -----

Guest avinn

The title sounds ordinary to me, it's like a statement. Hopefully they can find a better or unique one for it..

edit: I just remember, wasn't the earlier title called PSYCHIC ?

Guest subduing mara

thx, puppyiz for sharing an article :)

Hi Amy ,we having talk much lately, really miss you and alice too (where are youuuu.....) i also think the title is pretty simple.. they might temporary use it til they can come up with an official title ^^.. you are rite, Psychic was used at the beginning and i think it sound much better :D

Guest avinn

Mara dearie..thanks for the update.... :)

I just can't believe that JWC will be screened in Malaysia starting from 25th March 2010.... :D:D:D

Anyone of you would like to come down to Kuala Lumpur and join me watching Jeon Sshi fighting for his love.....??? It looks like the movie will be screened for a week only... will go catch it this Saturday... :D

jwc1.jpg

Guest nertzzz

Just watched Sworn Brothers today and Kang DongWon totally floored me with his eyes!! <333 It's a great movie..one that will stay with you long after you've watched it.. KDW and Song Kang Ho were perfect in it! and hearing that KDW's next project is with Go Soo..another person with amazingly emotional eyes.. I think I'm in heaven!! Can't wait..sad that he'll go to the military after :(

^

i'm so envy you, want to see it so baddd...

hope he will attend the ceremony tomorrow and win the award...

The 46th Baeksang Arts Awards

Recent Guest List:

MC: 이휘재 (Lee Hwi Jae), 김아중 (Kim Ah Jung)

Performance: 2AM, 소녀시대 (SNSD)

Actors:

강동원 (Kang Dong Won)

강호동 (Kang Ho Dong)

김남길 (Kim Nam Gil)

김병만 (Kim Byung Man)

김윤석 (Kim Yoon Suk)

김지석 (Kim Ji Suk)

소지섭 (So Ji Sub)

양 익준 (Yang Ik Joon)

원빈 (Won Bin)

유재석 (Yoo Jae Suk)

윤시윤 (Yoon Si Yoon)

이민호 (Lee Min Ho)

이병헌 (Lee Byung Hun)

이승기 (Lee Seung Gi)

장근석 (Jang Geun Suk)

장혁 (Jang Hyuk)

정용화 (Jung Yong Hwa)

정재영 (Jung Jae Yeong)

주진모 (Joo Jin Mo)

최다니 엘 (Choi Daniel)

하정우 (Ha Jung Woo)

Actress:

강예원 (Kang Ye Won)

강유미 (Kang Yoo Mi)

고현정 (Go Hyun Jung)

고아성 (Go Ah Sung)

김꽃비 (Kim Kkot Bi)

김남주 (Kim Nam Joo)

김현정 (Kim Hyun Jung)

김혜자 (Kim Hye Ja)

문근영 (Moon Geun Young)

박미선 (Park Mi Seon)

박보영 (Park Bo Yeong)

백진희 (Baek Jin Hee)

서우 (Seo Woo)

손예진 (Son Ye Jin)

신세경 (Shin Sae Kyung)

안영미 (Ahn Yeong Mi)

윤아 (Yoon Ah)

이민정 (Lee Min Jung)

조안 (Jo Ann)

최강희 (Choi Kang Hee)

하지원 (Ha Ji Won)

한효주 (Han Hyo Joo)

credit: cahya

Guest hantamthieu

I just can't believe that JWC will be screened in Malaysia starting from 25th March 2010.... :D:D:D

Anyone of you would like to come down to Kuala Lumpur and join me watching Jeon Sshi fighting for his love.....??? It looks like the movie will be screened for a week only... will go catch it this Saturday... :D

Wow it got screened in Malaysia ! So envy of you ! So today is the first day then, and you'll go watch it on Saturday? I'd love to hear fan's review from someone I know :D

Just watched Sworn Brothers today and Kang DongWon totally floored me with his eyes!! <333 It's a great movie..one that will stay with you long after you've watched it.. KDW and Song Kang Ho were perfect in it! and hearing that KDW's next project is with Go Soo..another person with amazingly emotional eyes.. I think I'm in heaven!! Can't wait..sad that he'll go to the military after

This made me feel ever worse - The few lucky you kekeke

That reminded me of how he floored me with his eyes in Duelist. So much anticipation.

Guest subduing mara

Hi Amy ^^ .. we all wish him the best of luck this evening! .

I'll keep my finger crossed for you, Wonnie

My Bad! I discovered Duelist too late and I had watched him in Temptation of Wolves earlier.

Is there anyone out there who still has the mp3 of him and Ha Ji won singing the song at the end?

I was recently in Singapore and frantically looking for Duelist DVD but no luck :(