Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Master bts stills

jbs.jpg

jbk.jpg

jbt.jpg

Spoiler

k42.jpg

k4b.jpg

CJ

Lee Byung-hun, Kim Woo-bin, Gang Dong-won shown in ‘Master’

October 31 2016

CJ E&M released the first movie stills for upcoming Korean film “Master,” starring Lee Byung-hun, Kim Woo-bin and Gang Dong-won, Monday.

The stills give a preview of various scenes in the film, including a gambling scene, a helicopter scene and a car chase in the slums in the Philippines.

“Master” is a thriller film about a criminal investigation team led by Gang to hunt down a con artist, Lee, and the brains, Kim, behind a major fraud case.

The cast and crew of “Master” filmed in Korea and the Philippines for five months. The film is scheduled for a December release.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201610311328433484545_2

• Like 1

Straddling fantasy and reality in ‘Vanishing Time’

Director Um Tae-hwa’s “Vanishing Time: a Boy who Returned” offers a mix of genres unfamiliar to Korean cinema -- it is fairy tale-like in its plot, fantasy-esque in its computer graphics, but also firmly rooted in reality.

Um has always been interested in “the area where the real and surreal clash, or influence one another,” he told reporters after a press screening on Tuesday in Seoul.“I imagined what it would be like to live in a place where time stops. I imagined it would be a lonely existence,” he said.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20161102

In the film, Soo-rin (Shin Eun-soo), a young girl, moves to the fictional island of Hwanodo with her stepfather after the death of her mother. She spends her days lost in her own imagination and later befriends Sung-min (Lee Hyo-je), a young boy living on the island. The two become close, developing a language of their own within a shared fantasy, deep in the forest. 

Out of curiosity, the two visit a construction site in the mountains, but everyone at the site goes missing in an accident, except Soo-rin.

A few days later, a grown man, in the form of actor Kang Dong-won, claims to be the young Sung-min and approaches Soo-rin. He explains that he was trapped inside a time warp, where he alone aged while others remained the same. 

Only Soo-rin believes him, while the villagers and police suspect the grown man to be the culprit behind the disappearances.

The bond between the two young souls in a world where everyone is skeptical forms the core of the film, which has the notion of faith as its biggest theme. According to Kang, “this film, essentially, is about people’s ability to have faith, and their innocence.”

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20161102

Kang, 35, who embodies a 13-year-old boy for his character, pulls off the feat convincingly with his trademark boyishness. 

“I had to find the right tone,” he said. “I tried to think of how the audience would perceive the character.”

Actress Shin, born in 2002, is 20 years Kang’s junior. In her on-screen debut, Shin deftly portrays a young girl who is intensely sensitive and perceptive of details that others often miss. 

“I tried to imagine what it would feel like to be in her position,” she said.

The film hits Korean theaters on Nov. 16. 

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com) | KPOP HERALD

• Like 2

Kang Dong Won reveals what's changed since turning 30

By alim17

Actor Kang Dong Won talked about what's changed since turning 30 during an interview on November 2.

"I spent time alone in my twenties," the actor started. "I rarely met up with my friends. Because the world in which I live had changed so much [from their world]. I graduated [high school] as the class of '99 and debuted as a model in '99. When my friends were freshman in college, I started working. I went on leave from school, and even when my friends went to the army and back, I fully did social work."

He revealed that these days, his friends made a group chat box together where he would converse with them. "I said, 'At the time, it was impossible for me to talk with you guys anymore,' and my friends said they could understand," he continued. "They said they could not understand back then, but now that they've tried living in the community [as in out of school and the military to work], they could understand."

Now that he's turned thirty, the actor admitted these days he absolutely hates being alone. "It feels suffocating. I purposely try to go out more and meet people," he said. "These days, I'm so busy with work that whenever I have a day of break, I make sure to make plans [for that day]. There's barely any day I get to rest on my own."

That's why they say the 30's are the new 20's!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/kang-dong-won-reveals-whats-changed-since-turning-30

---------------------

High Cut Vol.185

y5.jpg

xx.jpg

1oe.jpg

1o6.jpg

1of.jpg

• Like 4

Korea’s top 10 movie stars of 2016

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20161103

HeraldPOP compiled a list of the top 10 Korean movie stars in terms of their films’ box office sales. 

No. 10: Son Ye-jin (5,861,609 viewers)

No. 9: Yoo Hae-jin (5,868,506 viewers)

No. 8: Lee Jung-jae (7,074,714 viewers)

No. 7: Song Kang-ho (7,499,766 viewers)

No. 6: Oh Dal-soo (8,000,421 viewers)

No. 5: Kwak Do-won (9,472,847 viewers)

No. 4: Kang Dong-won (9,706,695 viewers) 

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20161103

No. 3: Ha Jung-woo (11,408,347 viewers)

No. 2: Gong Yoo (19,268,927 viewers)

No. 1: Hwang Jung-min (21,909,564 viewers)

There are still 2 more months to go in 2016 so the list could still change.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com) | kpop herald

• Like 1