Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Kang Dong-won’s dancing video hits 1m viewers

Updated : February 19 2016

A dance clip of actor Kang Dong-won who is enjoying great popularity with his film “A Violent Prosecutor” has recorded a million views.

The clip was revealed online Wednesday as the film surpassed 8 million admission at the local box office.

Kang showed off some dance parades in a scene where he dances during the election campaign of Woo Jong-gil, the villain character in the film.

With the song “Bomba” by Jessy Matador, he performed diverse dance steps, including robot break dance moves, shuffle dance and more.

Posted Image

(Stills from the clip)

Many fans chose it as the most impressive part of the movie.

The comedy action flick is likely to record over 9 million, which has about 8.5 admissions as of 4 p.m. Friday.

It portrays a delightful revenge plot of a prosecutor, named Byun Jae-wook played by actor Hwang Jung-min, who is imprisoned due to a false accusation of murder.

However he gets back at the villain, using Han Chi-won played by Kang, who is a career criminal.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201602191743058225839_2

--------------------

:lol::lol:

Posted Image
source

• Like 5

Hi everybody....  Thank you all for updates... @oceanluv, thank you for the dance video.

"Violent Prosecutor" opened in my city last week, and I went to see it (of course!)

Hwang Jeong Min delivers a top notch performance that we have learned to expect from him. But for me - Kang Dong-Won stole the show.

11523_40603_5153.jpg

He is such a chameleon actor who keeps re-inventing himself. Here, once again - he plays a totally different type of character that is both sexy-hawt and comic at the same time.

To he honest, the plot and the outcome were less important to me than KDW's performance.

He never ceases to surprise me again and again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8 Must-See Films Starring Kang Dong Won

Read more on Soompi

• Like 2

He looks so different in every movie.  I'm not sure if it's the hair cuts, the clothes or his acting.  I think he transforms so well into his characters that he doesn't look the same from movie role to movie role.   He is a really good actor.

I wish I could see his movies with english titles.  I still haven't seen The Priests with English titles yet.  It will be forever before netflix or hulu get his stuff in English.  Im also looking at drama fever and viki.com to see when his movies will be there.  If anyone knows of another place, please let me know via message.  Thank you.

• Like 3

@irilight I really envy you, wait...how about the kiss scence...:P

^I think all his movies are worth to watch...:)

and VP is not reached 10m yet, still 9.36m.

Spoiler

tsJ2Czp.jpg

KOFIC

@theone4me one of the reasons why I love him is because he transforms very well into his characters... :)

Is The priests' DVD available now? but I think you don't have to wait too long for the English subtitles...

here are the new stills...

OyhTs8H.jpg

i6gHkJi.jpg
HJNju0p.jpg

Spoiler

hI8H7O3.jpg

6rNNBja.jpg

gkXJLtX.jpg

Y4FDd1K.jpg

9InRmu1.jpg

ADKFqcI.jpg

dEzjD6R.jpg

1b5rxYL.jpg

es4onSV.jpg

credit dcdongwon

----------------------

kdw's recent pic with his model friend, Bae Jung Nam

how mysterious he is! haha

FeWP8r0.jpg

soooo handsome...

xIxqme6.jpg

source: https://www.instagram.com/jungnam_bae/

news: http://www.dispatch.co.kr/474844

• Like 2

@oceanluv.....ohhhhhh. The kiss scene... melt my heart.... it was so unexpected... (even though I did read the articles before that, on this thread...)  Is this his first kiss scene in a movie or drama? I don't ever remember another one. That is why I said - he is so hawt in this drama. Even the dancing scene - the video that is distributed does not do it justice. By the end  of it - every ahjumma (on the set, and the audience probably, hehe) wanted to take him home with her.

By the way,  it was the first time, I was lucky enough to watch him on the big screen...

Yes, one of the reasons I love him too, is this transformation from one character to the other.  He is truly a Master.... 

@theone4me, I also still want to see The Priests... Looking at all the sites you mentioned. Actually, the first time I saw him was on Netflix with "Secret Reunion" and then I went back to see anything I could find with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kang Dong Won’s Fashion Sense Chills Out in New Pictorial

twol.jpg

Read and see more on Koala's Playground

• Like 3

Kang Dong Won’s Rep Denies Dating Rumor, Will Take Legal Action

Started by Newsie, 38 minutes ago

Local news agency Osen reports that on March 1, another media source posted an article about dating rumor regarding Kang Dong Won using posts from an online community. The article talked about Kang Dong Won supposedly dating an actress of the same age. According to Osen, this was a rumor that kept on appeared as jjirashi (secretly circulated rumors), but disappeared after no evidence supported it. But the other media source even brought in third party – a middle-aged singer – to say that the person introduced the two actors.

To Osen, a source from the public relations department of Kang Dong Won’s managing agency, YG Entertainment, said: “It is completely untrue.”We checked with Kang Dong Won and he said he has never met that actress even once. He is apologetic to the actress because these dating rumors keep erupting. The middle-aged singer was also at a loss to how he could introduce people he didn’t even know in the rubbish dating rumor that has nothing to do with YG.”

The rep said, “Because Kang Dong Won has a sensitive personality, while he suffered because of this malicious rumors, he has endured it.” But this time, the agency will be taking strong legal action against the original distributor of the rumor.

The name that has been attached to Kang Dong Won in the false dating rumors recently was that of actress Jung Ryeo Won.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/29/kang-dong-wons-rep-denies-dating-rumor-will-take-legal-action/

• Like 2

On 2/27/2016 at 0:08 PM, irilight said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read more on Soompi

Sorry to cut your post.  But oh my, how can they not include Duelist?  Okay, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it still is worth mentioning so that people can decide for themselves.  

Duelist is my favorite movie, ever.  I even bought a Blu-ray player just for it.  You know...Just in case I buy a huge 4kHD TV, just for it.  It's an experience.  It's an art piece.  I've watched it several times now and it still has the same effect on me as it did the first time I saw it.  I like what this film critic had to say about it because I agree, it really depends on how you view it.  

http://www.modernkoreancinema.com/p/top-25-korean-films-10.html

And actually, I liked M too.  But I guess that one is even more weird and I just have a thing for Lee Myung-se's style.   Maundy Thursday is one that could be enjoyed by anyone, so I'm surprised that one was left off.  

I've enjoyed a lot of his movies.  He makes great choices.  And I can't say that for everyone, even my favorite k-actors.

• Like 3

KDW hit by a lot of dating rumour lately

Maybe it was because he's been more active now?

Or maybe because he hit age when he supposed to get married or at least have a partner?

No matter what I'm glad that he like to keep his live private and keep doing that 

For me, the film where it hit me right is Kundo

He manage to appear beautifully cruel and the intensity shine from his eyes just gaaawd

I mean, how can he do that?

I still didn't have the chance to watch the priest and vp due to my country limit distribution for korean movie

Lucky you who can go to movie and staring at his face :tears:

I can't wait to watch those tough *keepmyfingerscrossing*

• Like 3