Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

^yep! he looks awesome and younger than his age...
more article from http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/kang-dong-won-is-a-bad-man-for-033300397.html class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"
class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kang Dong Won is a bad man for ‘HIGH CUT’
su1n.jpg

Actor Kang Dong Wan recently did a photo shoot for fashion magazine ‘HIGH CUT’, where he displayed his cold gaze and bad man style.

Kang Dong Won showed off his handsome appearance while filming the shoot in Tokyo. In the accompanying interview, Kang talked about his upcoming movie ‘Kundo: Age of the Rampant’, his collaboration with actor Ha Jung Woo, and his thoughts on making a comeback.

‘Kundo’ which is directed by Yoon Jong Bin, talks about a group of thieves who robs the rich to give to the poor, during the era of King Cheoljong of Joseon. Kang Dong Won plays the role of Joo Yoon who is the son of a wealthy nobleman, but isn’t recognized for his talents because his mother is a concubine. Filming is currently into its final stages, and this will mark Kang Dong Won’s first full-length movie comeback since his discharge from the military.

Kang Dong Won said, “I was really lacking while filming the movie. I was able to portray up to 80% of my emotions if I did preparation prior to filming. But after coming back to the set, I was only able to bring out 50% during rehearsals. To find back this feeling, I have to use more time.”

As for his role as Joo Yoon, he said, “As of this moment, it’s one of the most difficult roles that I have encountered. But it is really interesting. It’s a role which doesn’t give a damn about others, and only care about whether he is having a good life. He doesn’t treat people with respect, and always acts as a bully to others. He is all in all a bad man.”

Kang Dong Won was said to have done all the action scenes by himself without a stunt double, as he had prior experience through period movies like ‘Duelist’ and ‘Jeon Woo Chi’ where he wielded swords and stuff. He said, “It wasn’t 99%, but I personally did 90% of the action scenes myself.” His only weapon is a long sword to which he explained, “I also used a long sword in ‘Duelist’. I guess it’s because I am not that tall, so the sword must be long. But it can’t be longer than my hands.”

He also reserved great praise for his co-star Ha Jung Woo, whom he described as being full of energy, and was very active on the set. Ha Jung Woo not only acts well, but also recently took to becoming a director for the first time through his movie ‘Fasten Your Seatbelt’. Kang Dong Won said, “I felt that Ha Jung Woo was a very capable man when I saw him becoming a director. I am envious and respect him a lot. There are some people around me who have suggested me to give it a go as well, but it isn’t the right time now. I feel like I am still lacking, and it would be too tiring.”

By: Park Jin Yong

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Guest AnJilaah

Love his casual wear in the photos! :) and thanks for the news! :) I guess I have new photos to save <3
I saw this on the news, Kang Dong Won's name got mention in a song by an idol group called "BESTie". The song is called Love Option and it basically tells the perspective of females on their "ideal type" or how they want the guy be. But wouldn't it be hard to find a guy like him? kkk
Chorus:"A person who’s slightly tall, who slightly resembles Kang Dong Won and understands a girl’s heart
Who has a lot of money, who doesn’t throw big events
But gives me 100 roses, a diamond necklace and ring"

Awesome! Thanks gals for the High Cut photos and news. :D
 @AnJilaah, I really enjoy the song! \:D/

News and the mv for the the latest single of BESTie released on the Oct 17.
Rookie girl group BESTie returns with 'Love Options' MV
Source: allkpop, October 16By: starsung

BESTie has made their comeback with new single, "Love Options" [Korean title: "Conditions of Dating"]!
BESTie recruited Brave Brothers for "Love Options" which gives a female perspective on ideal types with lyrics such as "tall height", "looks a bit similar to Kang Dong Won", and "a person who understands a girl's heart just a little bit." The song's catchy beat and chic concept showcases BESTie's upgraded image as the rookies to keep an eye on. BESTie will kick off their comeback stages on 'M! Countdown' in just a few hours!

^that sounds cute...kdw is such the icon of girls' ideal type!but it would be better if it cut the first tense of lyrics, guys who are not tall and don't have tiny faces will be sad when hearing this song...
------------------------
other news (some interview in HC Mag)Kdramastars class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); letter-spacing: -0.5px; clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kang Dong Won Is A Sporty Bad Boy In “High Cut”

Despite already being 32 years old, Kang Dong Won still exudes a boyish and youthful charm, as shown in his latest photo shoot for "High Cut".

Wearing clothes from Adidas, which the actor is currently promoting, he roams the modern streets of Tokyo, Japan to show off his model-like body, handsome features and charismatic gaze.

He also talked about his film "Kundo", his return to the industry after his military service and his actions scenes in the movie.

According to the actor, he had a difficulty adjusting after he had been discharged from the military. "I have less stage presence now. I could use 80 percent of what I rehearsed before, but I don't even have 50 percent now. It took me a while before I could become confident again."

On his character in the movie, he said, "He was the hardest I've ever portrayed, but by far the most fun. He's the type to make villains suffer when he himself lives comfortably. He harms humans and he's an evil guy."

He has done his own action scenes for his previous projects, and for this movie, "I did around 90% of the action scenes."

Kang Dong Won's photos will be featured in the magazine's 112th issue.

------------------------------

more clips
FB ScreenX

----------------------------
scanned pics from High Cut vol.112from Baidu/ credit to cafe.daum.net/dongwon81 

odvd.jpg

nucz.jpg

vn7c.jpg

omj1.jpg

r6c2.jpg

x7nd.jpg

o3ud.jpg

t39y.jpg

mhqj.jpg

"Despite already being 32 years old, Kang Dong Won still exudes a boyish and youthful charm..."

Why, it's a miracle he can even walk at the ripe old age of 32! He'll need a hearing aid and hip replacement soon!

October 15, 2013
Daily UNN Survey: Most Admired Individuals in Various Field
Source: Daily UNN, thanks to mistymorning at LBH soompi for the wonderful gist
A survey was recently done by the Daily UNN on 2266 university students related to the most admired person in each field including statesmen, respected figures (domestic, international), politicians, businessmen, athletes, journalists, artists, entertainers, actors, film-makers as well as news and urgent issues (which is the gap between the poor and rich) in the current society.
In the Korean talent (acting) category, the students have chosen the most admired actors as 
1. Ha Jung Woo 19.3%
2. Song Kang Ho 8.7%
3. Won Bin 5.7%
4. Lee Byung Hun 4.0%
5. Kang Dong Won 3.6%
128453_19007_1319.png

While in the film-maker category, Director Bong Joon Ho, whom not surprisingly led the votes with a whooping wide margin of 60.3% followed by Director Park Chan Wook in second place with 8.5%.

:-h all..

I'm newbie here n this is my first posting..

I knew him since he was played in the same movie with my idol song hye kyo.. N just "klik" love his manly, easy going but also some mysterious side about him..

N b coz of the gossip I learn more of him seems his got killer combination of bless of

Good look, charisma, humble n brain power too.. =D>

May I ask .. I readed that some fans called him mr rich or mr money or something like that ? Is it true that he is from rich n reputable family ?

And sometimes his face figure reminding of andy lau the mega star from hongkong..

:)

strawberry555 said: :-h all.. I'm newbie here n this is my first posting.. I knew him since he was played in the same movie with my idol song hye kyo.. N just "klik" love his manly, easy going but also some mysterious side about him.. N b coz of the gossip I learn more of him seems his got killer combination of bless of Good look, charisma, humble n brain power too.. =D> May I ask .. I readed that some fans called him mr rich or mr money or something like that ? Is it true that he is from rich n reputable family ? And sometimes his face figure reminding of andy lau the mega star from hongkong.

...don't know much about him because most of the news and interviews were done in Korean...but I chanced upon this article a while back and am gladly sharing the link below with you...hope it'll help answer some of your questions...

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/11293/20131024/kdrama-actors-who-are-real-life-heirs.htm

Hi @strawberry555, welcome to this thread :). Other than his father is the VP of the SPP Shipping company, there's not much info  revealed by the media about his family. He rarely mentioned about them, maybe he just want to keep them away from the public attention. And yeah, he looks a little bit of the young Andy Lau especially with his intense eyes.
Kang Dong Won High Cut vol.112 

credit: sorarisu9

Have you guys heard about Kang Dong Won accepted a role in a movie called " Good Friends/ Goodfellas"? I'am asking because on Asiawiki website this movie is listed under his name. Here it what it says:

"Three men have been friends since their school days. They do some something, believing it would be nice, but that act connects to them a crime and their friendship ends."

I have tried to look on the internet but all I could find were some news on  korean websites which I tried to translate with Google translate, but it didn't work very well.

강동원, '좋은 친구들'로 상업영화 복귀..12월 크랭크인http://t.co/M3nJLbRVfX 이선필 기자 #OMS_ 12월 중 촬영 시작 예정...거친 친구들의 모습과 내면 연기 보인다

— 오마이스타 (@Star_ohmynews)

October 16, 2013

http://star.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/OhmyStar/at_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0001916581

Anyway if I understood correctly he will play the role of In-Chul , one of the three friends and the filming is scheduled to start in May next year.

@vaninavanini I had no idea about this. How come no English media have covered it? Maybe it's not confirmed? But he is listed in it in Daum, so... Very strange that there wasn't more news of this. Maybe because the director is not very big? Still, it's Kang Dong Won, for crying out loud!