Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Top 10 male Korean actors chosen by a Japanese film magazine

2,394 readers were to choose 3 Korean actors (March, 2018)

Spoiler

10) Jung Woo Sung

- Tall, cool face, looks like a handsome baseball player from Osaka

- Good at all kinds of acting like thriller and romance

- Some dislike him because he has an anti-Japanese image

9) Jo Seung Woo

- Big impact from dramas 'Horse Healer' and 'Stranger' (hits in Japan)

- Good voice

- Doesn't have this throat-scratching sound unique from Korean men

- More male fans than female fans

8) Yoo Hae Jin

- The person who appears in every Korean film

- Unique actor

- Actor whom everybody recognizes but not his name

7) Song Joongki

- Korean version of Tsumabuki Satoshi

- Handsome and lively

- Lots of love from Japanese women by dramas 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' and 'Descendants of the Sun'

- Fans became very busy after he got married

6) Choi Min Sik

- Great acting, return of Nakadai Tatsuya

- Treasure of Korea

- Mixed opinions but everybody approves of his acting

- Some dislike him from 'I Saw the Devil'

- He seems a bit anti-Japanese but his acting is good

5) Bae Yong Joon

- Father of hallyu, everything about hallyu

- Popularity decreased from the lack of promotions & his marriage

- He's very forgotten but still has fans

4) Jang Dong Gun

- He's warmly & coldly handsome and very popular by women

- He starred in 'Taegukgi', its Japanese version 'Brotherhood', and drama 'Gentleman's Dignity' which are some of the most favorite projects by Japanese people

- He's considered more handsome as he's aging

3) Kang Dong Won

- Korean type of handsome men that can't be found in Japan - sharp lines(?)

- He does a lot of projects so he's popular in Japan despite no Japanese promotions

- His popularity skyrocketed between 2014~2017

Spoiler

2) Won Bin

- He can't be seen in projects but he's the actor with the biggest impact in Japan

- He reminds of Kimura Takuya's peak days

- No project but his existence brings popularity

1) Ha Jung Woo

- Actor with thick lines that can't be found in Japan

- His acting and everything about him is likeable. His low-tone voice is liked by Japanese women.

- He's a typical male Korean style

Pann: Top 10 male Korean actors chosen by a Japanese film magazine

1. [+107, -1] Yoo Hae Jin ㅋㅋㅋㅋ "The person who appears on every Korean film" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+86, -0] Now that I think about it, I can't think of a man who has thick(?) looks like Ha Jung Woo from Japanese people. They all seem skinny, short, and tiny.

3. [+76, -0] Kang Dong Won's look is Japan's type.

4. [+38, -0] They also like Song Kang Ho because he's good at acting.

5. [+35, -0] The infamous Harajuku disaster of Kang Dong Won

6. [+21, -0] I hope Kang Dong Won and Won Bin has a lot of kids to preserve their species.

7. [+21, -0] Japan likes defined faces with strong features.

8. [+20, -0] Won Bin ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ No project but his existence is enough ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+16, -0] What's the throat-scratching voice from Korean men?

10. [+16, -1] Agree that Yoo Hae Jin appears everywhere ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

http://kpopkfans.blogspot.com/2019/05/top-10-male-korean-actors-chosen-by.html
https://pann.nate.com/talk/346410124

© monotube_official

[TRAN]

sung by 강동원 Gang Dong Won
guitar by 강동원 Gang Dong Won
original song 누구도 일러주지 않았네 (No One Told Me) by 루시드폴 (Lucid Fall)

2019. 05. 25 Monotube Channel Open

#KangDongWon #GangDongWon #GangDongWonVLOG #StarVlog#Monotube #GangDongWonSong #YouTubeChannel #Openon25th

• Like 1

Kang Dong Won To Give A Sneak Peek Into His Daily Life In Reality Vlog Series
by D. S.kim

Kang Dong Won will be giving a sneak peek into his life in Los Angeles!

On May 25, the first part of Kang Dong Won’s upcoming reality Vlog series “Kang Dong Won & Friends, Viva L.A Vida” will be released through a YouTube channel called MonoTube. The channel serves a purpose of showcasing unique lifestyles of various celebrities, and it announced its official launch in partnership with Kang Dong Won.

For the first time in 16 years since his debut, Kang Dong Won will be showing off his daily life to the public. He plans to showcase his life in Los Angeles, where he is staying for a year to shoot an upcoming Hollywood film.

The actor will be joined by his friends including actor Bae Jung Nam, musician Joo Hyung Jin, fashion designer Se Yi Shin, and others, who have flown out to Los Angeles to accompany the actor in his journey to becoming a Hollywood star.

On May 20, MonoTube released a minute-long teaser of Kang Dong Won’s upcoming reality Vlog series, in which the actor is walking along the beach in Los Angeles. The actor also sung and played the guitar for the background music of the teaser.

A source from MonoTube stated, “The new sides of the human Kang Dong Won that were not known to the public before, added on top of the fun and vibrant trip that [he goes on] with his close friends, will catch your attention.”

The source continued, “Aside from Kang Dong Won’s reality Vlog series, we also have a lineup of various stars who are hard to see on variety shows to be featured in the channel’s future videos. Please look forward to the channel becoming an unparalleled ‘star channel’ on YouTube.”

source https://www.soompi.com/article/1326059wpp/kang-dong-won-to-give-a-sneak-peek-into-his-daily-life-in-reality-vlog-series

Actor Kang Dong Won to have his first ever travel vlog series through new star contents channel

Actor Kang Dong Won will be saying hello to the public very soon with his first ever vlog series, 16 years after his debut!

For the past year, the actor has been away from the public eye while residing in Los Angeles, California for about 12 months, immersed in his Hollywood debut production. A new, upcoming star contents channel by the name of 'monotube' was able to partner up with Kang Dong Won during his time in LA, in order to record footage of his life abroad, as well as a fun vacation with some of his closest friends!

The upcoming travel vlog series 'Kang Dong Won & Friends, Viva L.A Vida' launches through 'monotube's official YouTube channel this May 25 at 8 PM KST. Kang Dong Won's good friends including model Bae Jung Nam, musician Joo Hyung Jin, and more also star in the vlog series, flying over to LA to treat the actor to a little bit of home. 

You can check out some of 'monotube's first teasers for Kang Dong Won's upcoming vlog series, below! In the brief, serene teaser clip, Kang Dong Won also contributes his voice and guitar strumming to establish the perfect, peaceful vacation mood. 

source https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/05/actor-kang-dong-won-to-have-his-first-ever-travel-vlog-series-through-new-star-contents-channel

Gang Dong-won, Kim Dong-wook, Ahn Hyo-seop - Stars Who Gain Weight for Work

D7T4y0mUIAEfcpk.jpg

Stars gain weight for work. They struggle to display the right kind of physical appearance for their characters. Since 1~2 kilograms of weight can make a character look different, Gang Dong-won, Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Dong-wook increased their weight through various methods of dieting and exercise. Based on the visuals that fit the character, they succeeded in increasing the immersion of their work and drawing positive reviews for their acting.

Gang Dong-won is known to put on weight every time he goes into something. He usually weighs about 68~70 kilograms, but for the role of Choi Boo-je in "The Priests" he increased his bodyweight to 71 kilograms, and he increased it to 75 kilograms for the movie "My Brilliant Life" for the role of a father. In the movie "Master", he weighed 73 kilograms to play a detective and in "Golden Slumber" he was 75 kilograms again as a delivery man.

source

http://news1.kr/articles/?3617835

https://www.hancinema.net/gang-dong-won-kim-dong-wook-ahn-hyo-seop--stars-who-gain-weight-for-work-129946.html

16 Pairs Of Korean Celebrities That Look Unbelievably Alike

Just like how Katy Perry looks so much like Zooey Deschanel it sends chills down our spine, there are definitely plenty of celebrity twins in South Korea's entertainment industry.

From K-pop idols to actors that are part of the original Korean wave, these celebrities and their equally famous doppelgängers had us doing double takes whenever they pop up on our screens. 

KANG DONG-WON & JOO-WON

rs_1024x620-190522210054-dongwon-juwon.j

When 31-year-old actor Joo-Won shot to fame for his role as Kim Takgu in King of Baking, fans of the show observed that the actor bears an uncanny resemblance to his sunbaenim, veteran actor Kang Dong-Won.

source https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/1043803/16-pairs-of-korean-celebrities-that-look-unbelievably-alike#photo-1007412

Kim Jung Hwa Talks About Working With Kang Dong Won, Gong Yoo, So Ji Sub, And Jo In Sung

Kim Jung Hwa truly has been blessed with amazing co-stars throughout her career!

The actress was a guest on the May 23 episode of KBS’s “Happy Together 4” alongside Jung Young Joo, Lee Joo Bin, Heo Song Yeon, and AOA’s Hyejeong.

Spoiler

During the episode, the hosts brought up Kim Jung Hwa’s popularity during the 2000s. Jun Hyun Moo asked her, “You were incredibly popular then. How was the payout?” She shared, “Once, I filmed 17 commercials at one time. It was enough money to buy around five houses in Gangnam at the time.” When Yoo Jae Suk asked her if she was still that wealthy, she wittily answered, “I’m wealthy even if I don’t have money.”

Yoo Jae Suk brought up her previous works, saying, “Kim Jung Hwa’s most famous work is ‘New Nonstop.’ At the time, there was a scandal with Jo In Sung.” Kim Jung Hwa explained, “I debuted through ‘New Nonstop.’ I filmed a telecommunications commercial with him once before. But we weren’t even dating in the drama, so we both didn’t understand why we had a scandal. We laughed it off.”

Kim Jung Hwa shared that the “New Nonstop” cast had recently met up for the first time in 18 years, including Park Kyung LimJang Nara, Jo In Sung, Jung Tae Woo, and Yang Dong Geun. She said, “It was really nice. The sitcom is like family to me. We all made our debuts through ‘New Nonstop.’ It was the first time for every one of us and we were all clumsy rookies. We all easily agreed to meet up and even though it was the first time we met in 18 years, everyone was the same.”

She picked Yang Dong Geun as the one who had changed the most, saying, “Before, he was so into hip hop, where he talked a lot when we acted but in private he always pushed his hat down all the way. Now, he’s so bright. Maybe it’s because he’s married and has kids. Before, he was someone in the darkness but now he’s smiling and he talks a lot.”

Kim Jung Hwa added, “We made a group chat. Jang Nara did a drama a while ago and we told her she was pretty. We also talked about how we should gather again, and that we should film us graduating [college], getting married, and having kids. We even said that the only person that has to say okay is Jo In Sung because of his appearance fees, but he said, ‘Of course I’d want to.’ I really hope it happens.”

She then talked about her other previous co-stars, which includes Kang Dong WonSo Ji Sub, and Gong Yoo. She first mentioned Kang Dong Won, with whom she filmed the drama “Something About 1 Percent.” She explained, “We were the leads so we had a lot of scenes together. I was filming on a hill and a parked car’s brake got undone or something, and it started coming down. Kang Dong Won blocked it out of nowhere, like Superman. That was really cool, it made my heart flutter.” She made the others laugh by adding, “He wasn’t able to stop it, and he ended up getting dragged by it.”

D7RFGVVWwAAoDJ2.jpg:large

D7RFGKXW4AERu1R.jpg:large

Spoiler

Kim Jung Hwa added, “You normally get close when you film a drama together. That’s how the acting gets better. At the time, I was in my early 20s and Kang Dong Won had just debuted. We were both introverted. We filmed scenes where we dated, got married, and got pregnant, but it was so awkward. We even had a scene where we went on our honeymoon and hugged while talking in front of a campfire. But we were so formal when we hugged. At the wrap-up party, we greeted each other with a 90-degree bow. I’m a bit sad that we weren’t able to get close.”

Kim Jung Hwa brought up Gong Yoo, with whom she had filmed the movie “Spy Girl” with. She shared, “He was so extroverted. He took care of me, joked around, and we ate meals together. I was awkward, but as time passed we became close. We even went to famous eateries as we went to promotional events for the film.” She laughed and added, “Even though he’s become the ‘Goblin‘ now, we were close then.”

She chose So Ji Sub as the co-star who had given her butterflies the most, saying, “I filmed a beverage commercial with So Ji Sub. At the time, he asked me, ‘What are you going to do later?’ so I answered, ‘I want to act.’ He said that he’d like to meet me in a project in the future. After that, I acted as siblings with him in my first drama ‘Glass Slippers.’ When I asked him if he remembered me, he said he did. He’s really handsome and polite in real life.”

“Happy Together 4” airs every Thursday at 11:10 p.m. KST.

source https://www.soompi.com/article/1326974wpp/kim-jung-hwa-talks-about-working-with-kang-dong-won-gong-yoo-so-ji-sub-and-jo-in-sung

• Like 1

Kang Dong Won Shares His First Vlog And It’s The Best Thing That Happened To His Fans

He’s still gorgeous.

Actor Kang Dong Won has, for the first time in 16 years since he debuted, shared an exclusive look inside his daily life – through a minute long vlog content which he uploaded on a YouTube channel called Mono Tube.

The video revealed that Kang Dong Won has been staying in Los Angeles, California and preparing to appear in a Hollywood film. His fans were able to catch a glimpse of his place in LA too, as he welcomed a couple of his friends, including model Bae Jeong Nam, on the vlog.

Kang Dong Won and friends were spotted around LA, spending quality time together. Kang Dong Won seemed to be enjoying his life in the States and that made his fans very happy. The YouTube channel promoted that it would be updated with new contents weekly on Saturdays 8PM KST.

While he hasn’t been the most active in his acting career, Kang Dong Won continues to receive a lot of love and support from his loyal fans! His fans, who have been waiting forever for an update on the actor’s whereabouts and future plans, are now celebrating with the cutest, funniest messages in the comments section!

Today must be the day that I’ve been hanging on to dear life for…! Saturdays are going to be the only thing keeping me going from now on. Good luck to everyone else feeling the same!

— YouTube ID 현

Oh… wow, I can’t breathe… I wish the best for you – to work little and earn a lot. I hope you get healthier with each breath in and richer with each breath out. I can’t believe my 15 years of stanning is being rewarded like this. I’m literally so moved.

— YouTube ID 김세진

I want to live to see tomorrow too, but should I die now I won’t have any regrets! I’ve been your fan forever, Kang Dong Won. You’re the first celebrity in my life whom I sincerely loved and supported. Thank you for sharing this vlog with your fans, who are always waiting for even the smallest updates from you. This makes me so happy.

— YouTube ID 이리오

source https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-kang-dong-won-shares-first-vlog-youtube-best-thing-fans/

Netizens went Wild at Kang Dongwon's Younger Days' Pictures After It was Being Retrieved in HD

He looks amazing now and back then too.

Actor Kang Dongwon has always been known for one of the veteran actors who not only acts well but is visually very appealing too. Born in 1981, the actor is turning 40 really soon and still, his recent pictures don't look his age at all. The actor's visual isn't just shining after he debuted as an actor but way before that and his past pictures could easily prove so. The trend of using an application to retrieve HD quality of pictures in the past that really blurs has been used on Kang Dongwon's younger days' pictures too and what netizens saw blew their mind.

Kang Dongwon was the cutest boy when he was little, dashing when he was growing too.

source https://kstarlive.com/article/2019/05/25/netizens-went-wild-at-kang-dongwon-s-younger-days-pictures-after-it-was-being-retrieved-in-hd-230751

d49tmznu8aaq_w7.jpg-large.jpg

d49yxkivuaahqza.jpg?w=474

d4-25qguyaaadfk.jpg?w=474

61adb3b0ly1g2jvn1ln26j20fi0nsq4z.jpg?w=474

[SBS Star] HD Retrieved Photos of Gang Dong Won's Younger Days Wow the Public

Fans went wild at old photos of actor Gang Dong Won after they were being retrieved in HD.

Recently, one fan retrieved Gang Dong Won's old photos in HD and shared them online.

Born in 1981 and debuted in 2003, Gang Dong Won has always been known for one of the best-looking actors in Korea who is not only good-looking but also excels in acting.

As you can see in the past photos below, Gang Dong Won flaunts his unique, irresistible charm even in his early debut days.

Meanwhile, Gang Dong Won is currently living in Los Angeles, the United States to prepare his first Hollywood film 'Tsunami LA'.

source https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005283886

• Like 1

[Monolog] 강동원&친구들 #1: 생태계 파괴자의 카오스

강동원&친구들, Viva L.A Vida #1
LA에 있는 강동원을 만나기 위해 날아온 친구들, 배정남-주형진-크리스-세이신!
5인방의 반가운 만남 & 계획 없이 관광지를 돌아다닌 여행 첫 날 모습 공개
"이거 어떻게 나올지 상상이 안 가..." 분량&노잼 걱정하며 혼돈에 빠진 강동원!
운전부터 요리까지 은혜로운 '초면 모먼트' 포착!

#매주토요일저녁8시업로드 #모노튜브 #monolog

[Svsta] "No editing please" ... Kang Dong Won daily Vlog, exceeding 1 million view in 2 days
3/6/2562 16:53:40

Actress Gang Dong Won's Vlog video has been gathering topics for over a million views in just two days. Youtube channel 'Monologue' on the 1st of Gang Dong Won Vlog series' Gang Dong Won & Friends, Viva.

Actress Gang Dong Won's Vlog video has been gathering topics for over a million views in just two days.

Youtube channel 'Monologue' on the 1st of Gang Dong Won Vlog series' Gang Dong Won & Friends, Viva. LA Vida ', one of the' Chaos of Ecosystem Destroyer '.

'Kang Dong Won & Friends, Viva LA Vida' is a reality program that Kang Dong Won will show for the first time in 16 years as an actor. It contains the trips with five people from Kang Dong Won including model, actor Bae Jeong Nam, and musician Ju Hyung Jin.

Currently living in Los Angeles for filming Hollywood movies, Gang Dong Won has traveled to Los Angeles with acquaintances who have met in a long time.

Kang Dong Won, wearing a hat and sunglasses, boasts a perfect visual that can not be hidden in his comfortable clothes.

Gang Dong Won also appeared to be unfamiliar with the tangible performance of the show, "Do not you have to sing a song," and also expressed the cute (?) Aspect to worry about the amount.

At the mart for dinner preparation, he also showed his handmade chapters in good English.

Kang Dong Won came back to his home and took off his sunglasses and hat and went out to the camera before preparing for dinner in earnest.

It was enough to catch the attention that the handmade dishes for the acquaintances boasted with deep eyes and a sharp jaw line.

This Vlog, which contains Kang Dong Won's unobtrusive daily life, has exceeded one million views with over 4,000 comments in just two days.

The respondents who responded to the video showed the reaction of a single body admiring 'Gang Dong-won' Gang Dong-won, including "Editors, Do not edit, do you know?", "My savior who came to destroy YouTube," and " .

(Composition = editor Lee Soo-hyun, review = Kim Do-Kyun, source = Youtube "Monotube")

(SBS Steve Star)

source http://www.tellerreport.com/life/2019-06-03---[svsta]-"no-editing-please"------kang-dong-won-daily-vlog--exceeding-1-million-view-in-2-days-.HJn70wGCN.html

gangdongwon.jp update!

1600x1067 pixel 

https://twitter.com/dw_kunn/status/1135845113081368576

D8NVGn3V4AAL9Hg.jpg

• 1 month later...

[Monolog]강동원&친구들 #3: LA의 쇼핑 도우미(for 배정남)

강동원, '빈티지 마니아' 배정남 위해 LA 빈티지 숍 밀착 쇼핑!
쇼핑 폭주 배정남 '무한 권유'에 강동원 '철벽 방어'
얼굴이 복지다, 쇼핑도 영화처럼 만드는 강동원의 위엄!
3개 국어 동시통역, 언어 능력자 면모까지!

#매주토요일저녁8시업로드 #모노튜브 #모노로그

[Monolog]강동원&친구들 #4: 오늘 콘셉트는 코미디-기타와 와인과 국밥의 밤

[Monolog]
강동원, LA 말리부 숙소에서 친구들과 한밤 중 토크!
어쿠스틱 기타 실력 대방출, '강동원 리사이틀' 생생한 현장 공개!
강동원 "벌써 두 곡하고 다 떨어진 것 같은데"
& 주형진 "오늘의 콘셉트는 코미디인가봐?" 
번역기 당황시킨 배정남 '극강 사투리'까지! 절친들의 '아무 말 대잔치' 타임!

Kang Dong Won, Lee Jung Hyun, And More Confirmed For “Train To Busan” Sequel

65709518_449577685836539_784839333999594

Casting is complete for the upcoming film “Peninsula”!

The sequel film for “Train to Busan” recently confirmed Kang Dong Won, Lee Jung Hyun, Lee Re, Kwon Hae Hyo, Kim Min Jae, and Goo Kyo Hwan for the cast and began filming on June 24.

“Peninsula” takes place four years after “Train to Busan” as the characters fight to escape the land that is in ruins due to an unprecedented disaster.

Kang Dong Won plays Jung Suk, who puts his life on the line to fight against the zombies that have dominated the country. Lee Jung Hyun plays Min Jung, a strong woman who leads people and doesn’t give up in her battle against zombies.

Child actress Lee Re will take on the role of Joon, who endures difficult situations together with Min Jung. Kwon Hae Hyo’s character Kim Noh In is the eldest of Min Jung’s crew and does not lose hope about being rescued.

Kim Min Jae and Goo Kyo Hwan will add tension as they lead the peninsula’s military units while hiding different ambitions.

“Peninsula” will also be directed by Yeon Sang Ho of “Train to Busan.”

source https://www.soompi.com/article/1335230wpp/kang-dong-won-lee-jung-hyun-and-more-confirmed-for-train-to-busan-sequel

65212204_449577702503204_163701242679472

[SPECIAL] 강동원&친구들: 강동원 기타 무편집 영상 긴급편성(눈호강 귀호강 잇몸마름 주의)

[Monolog]
무편집본 요청 폭주에 따른 긴급 편성!
기타 치는 강동원 영상 독점 공개!
5년 만에 기타 잡은 강동원, 자신만의 싸움 가동! 지독한 연습!
홍대 여싱 이아립의 연주&노래 도전... 완주에 성공할 수 있을까?

[강동원&친구들]#5: 강동원, 할리우드에 온 것은 (이것) 때문?! 속내 고백!

[Monolog]
강동원&친구들, Viva L.A. Vida #5
"일상이 영화, 얼굴이 복지!" 
강동원이 직접 커피를 내리며 자연스럽게 이어진 심층 토크!
할리우드 영화 도전을 결심한 이유와 현지 관계자들의 리얼한 반응!
"너 이거 100개 있을 것 같은데" vs "다 달라요 조금씩"
빈티지 새벽 시장을 쓸어온 배정남의 TMT 아이템 소개
LA 해변에서 진행한 화보 촬영까지! '말.잇.못' 비주얼 향연!

[SBS Star] VIDEO: Gang Dong Won Talks About His Move to Hollywood While Flaunting His Ageless Beauty

65865450_454825628645078_670926153226754

Actor Gang Dong Won who will be turning 40 next year but still looks like he is in his 20s revealed the real reason why he decided to move to Los Angeles, the United States.

On July 6, monotube dropped a video titled, '[Gang Dong Won & Friends] #5: Gang Dong Won reveals that he came to Hollywood for this! He makes a confession!'.
In the video, Gang Dong Won was making a coffee while sharing his experience with the Hollywood production team and what he has been up to.
Gang Dong Won said, "I've been staying here in Los Angeles for seven to eight months now. It was really nice when I first got here because I felt like I was traveling."
He continued, "But it got harder as time went by. Driving was hard, and working on a film was also tough. Meeting up with people and having a meeting in English was not easy too."
To a question, "What did the production team say after seeing your face?", Gang Dong Won replied, "They just said, 'handsome' in English."
Gang Dong Won added, "They thought I was really young. Like I was in my mid 20s or something. Well, I had no problem with that."
When asked why he decided to take his acting career to the United States, Gang Dong Won answered, "I always wanted to do various, interesting, and well-made films. That always have been my dream."
He continued, "Also, I thought that everyone would watch my film even if it's a Korean one once I succeeded in getting my name out there in other countries. Plus, if that happens, we could invest more money when filming movies in Korea."

Upon seeing this video, his fans commented, "Gang Dong Won is so handsome, so intelligent, so talented and refined. He's almost perfect.", "I guess I've never thought about it that way. He's so thoughtful.", and so on.

(Kang Eunbee, Credit= '모노튜브' YouTube)

(SBS Star)  

source https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005342658&plink=COPYPASTE&cooper=SBSNEWSEND

English Subtitles    Gang Dong Won & Friends, Viva L.A

EP. 0 https://youtu.be/gCd8PtDF3Bs

EP. 1 https://youtu.be/SoRzoz_4BRc

6 Korean Actors with Semi-Long Hairstyle... Their Visuals Save Them from Being a Nay

They have nailed the hairstyle.

We sometimes hear people say 'he/she is handsome/pretty because of the hairstyle.' However, these 5 celebs are the opposite. They look all handsome even with a "nay" hairstyle. Their visuals make the hairstyle just perfect for them.

In South Korea, a semi-long hairstyle is not really common for men -- and most of the times, only a very few of them looking good with the hairstyle.

So, check out who they are below!

KOR https://www.insight.co.kr/news/234080

ENG https://www.kstarlive.com/article/2019/07/10/6-korean-actors-with-semi-long-hairstyle-their-visuals-save-them-from-being-a-nay-243891

Kang Dong Won’s past Relationship Confessions Resurface in Light of His Recent Vlog Updates

Kang Dong Won is currently residing in LA ahead of his filming for “Tsunami LA”.

In the midst of actor Kang Dong Won‘s recent vlog updates, fans have been refocusing their attention on the star while also bringing up a past interview where he opened up about dating and relationships.

A recent post in a particular online community revisited Kang Dong Won’s past interview where he confessed that he is completely unable to flirt with a woman.

He also added, “I’ve only asked one woman for her number before. I don’t like to force anything. I like things to flow naturally.”

Kang Dong Won also surprised fans by sharing, “I’m more confident when it comes to my work, but I don’t have any confidence in dating. I don’t understand women. They’re a complete mystery to me. I often don’t know what they’re thinking.”

Kang Dong Won has been looking so attractive in his recent vlogs that fans are still finding it hard to believe that he has a hard time when it comes to dating.

Spoiler

original interview

' 강동원은 28일 오후 서울 모처의 한 카페에서 진행된 인터뷰에서 "여자 꼬시는 걸 아예 못한다. 연락처를 먼저 받은 것은 생애 단 한 번이다"라며 "억지로 뭔가 하는 것을 싫어한다. 자연스러운 게 좋다"고 말했다.

그는 "내가 자신감이 넘치는 사람이 아니다. 일은 괜찮은데 이성관계에 대해서는 정말 자신이 없다. 여자들은 모르겠더라. 여자의 속은 알 수가 없다. 무슨 생각을 하는지 모를 때가 많다"고 토로했다. '

source 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0001863421
http://news1.kr/articles/?2558973

source 

KOREA https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2031389
ENG https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/kang-dong-won-vlog-la-relationship-dating-confessions-korean-actor/?fbclid=IwAR3Xk6td-E8y7x2YA4k4SXoftD30-r-kxo6zNj-glaUSTVU4k4K0K52KU0E

Celebrities Who Are Current And Former Students Of Hanyang University

Jul 17, 2019 by L. Kim

Some schools have all the beauty and brains!

Previously, we released an article of stars who are current and former students of Sungkyunkwan University, and today, here are equally stunning celebrities who have attended or are attending Hanyang University.

Check out the star-studded list of alumni and current students at Hanyang University:

Kang Dong Won
Kang Dong Won graduated from Hanyang University with a degree in mechanical engineering. He entered campus in 1999 and made many hearts flutter with his good looks and academic intelligence. His especially good looks permitted him to work as a model ever since his first year in college.

source 

ENG https://www.soompi.com/article/1339065wpp/celebrities-who-are-current-and-former-students-of-hanyang-university

KOR https://www.insight.co.kr/news/233943

• 2 weeks later...

[강동원&친구들]#6:비주얼 맛집 재오픈! 한인 마트에 나타난 조각상과 마지막 만찬 대소동!

This Actor Has The Hottest Trending Face Among Korean Men Looking To Get Plastic Surgery

In the past, Korean men used to reference actors like Kang Dong Won or Jung Woo Sung when consulting plastic surgeons for tweaks here and there. The trend has changed completely, however, and there are new “faces” on the rise for men looking to get plastic surgery.

According to South Korean plastic surgeons, the most popular choice of face now belongs to actor Seo Kang Joon!

Spoiler

남자들이 성형외과에 가장 많이 들고온다는 이 연예인 사진

요즘 흔히들 말하는 성형에도 트렌드가 있습니다. 여성뿐만 아니라 남성들에게도 이 성형 트렌드는 해당되죠. 성형의 광풍이 불었던 2011년이나 2012년에는 정우성이나 원빈 같은 얼굴형이 인기를 끌었습니다. 허나 성형 트렌드가 변하듯 워너비 스타상도 변모하고 있는데요.

요즘 성형외과에서는 이 남자 연예인 사진을 병원 포트폴리오에 따로 저장해둘 정도라고 합니다. 얼마나 많은 사람들이 이 연예인의 사진을 보여주길래 저장까지 따로 해두는 걸까요. 2019년도 남자들이 선호하는 남성상은 어떤 모습일지 한번 보도록 하겠습니다.

보통 성형을 처음 고려하시는 분들의 경우엔 부족한 나의 이미지를 보완하고 또렷하게 돋보이게 하려는 목적보다는 이왕 돈 들여 성형하는 거 인위적이더라도 좀 더 드라마틱하고 임팩트 있게 완성이 되길 바라죠. 그래서 그 해 인기 있는 연예인의 사진을 제시하며 이와 비슷하게 가능한지를 많이들 물어보는데요.

최근 눈&코 전문의 황지훈 성형외과 원장님은 "과거에는 정우성이나 강동원 등과 같은 연예인처럼 해 달라고 많이 했다. 요즘은 이 연예인 사진을 들고 오는 경우는 거의 없다.”고 밝혔습니다. 그러면서 최근 가장 인기 있는 얼굴로 바로 이 분을 꼽았는데요.

이 연예인은 바로 서강준입니다. 황 원장님뿐만 아니라 여러 성형외과 원장들도 이 얘기에 동의하며 그의 인기를 실감케 하였는데요. 서강준 특유의 큰 눈망울과 자연스럽게 높은 코와 콧망울이 그의 인기 요인이라고 꼽았습니다.

source

ENG https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-seo-kang-joon-hottest-trending-face-among-korean-men-plastic-surgery/

KR http://hub.zum.com/smartincome/43019

• 2 weeks later...

MV Joo Hyung Jin (주형진) - Rest (쉼)

Joo Hyung Jin's New Single Album [Rest]

팝재즈 싱어송라이터 주형진의 신곡 '쉼' M/V 강동원&친구들의 LA 여행에서 영감을 얻어 탄생한 곡. 잊지 못할 친구들과의 추억을 아름다운 선율과 함께 돌아보기.

Male Celebs Who Effortlessly Pull Off The Trendy “Comma” Hairstyle

Ever since a few years ago, the “comma” hairstyle has been one of the most popular looks among celebrities.

What exactly is “comma” hair? It’s a hairstyle where the front portion of the hair is curled inwards, sort of resembling a comma. Although there’s no guarantee that it will look good on everyone, it is one of the most wanted hairstyles among Korean men.

Many male stars have also gone for the look, and here are a few recognizable ones who perfectly model the “comma” hairstyle:

Spoiler

Park Seo Joon
Park Seo Joon is the prime example of a star who suits the “comma” hairstyle very well. He especially wowed many viewers in “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” with his good looks, which were accentuated by the hairstyle.

Start watching “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim”:

BTS’s Jungkook
Jungkook was spotted with the “comma” hair back in BTS’s “War of Hormone” era. He pulls off the hairstyle in a chic manner that emphasizes his sharp jawline, lofty nose, and big eyes.

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
Cha Eun Woo is another idol who looks great with the “comma” hairstyle! He has made hearts flutter by sporting the look in both public events and in dramas. He is currently starring in the drama “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung.”

Kang Dong Won

Kang Dong Won looks great in any hairstyle, but he rocks the “comma” hairstyle especially well.

Spoiler

Park Bo Gum
With his boyish good looks and great smile, Park Bo Gum can pull off the “comma” hairstyle with a sophisticated, classy vibe.

Watch his latest drama “Encounter” here:

Yoo Seung Ho
Yoo Seung Ho’s signature hairstyle is the “comma” look, and he definitely looks great in it. He appeared with the hairstyle in the drama “Remember.”

Start watching “Remember” below!

EXO’s Sehun
Sehun is known for experimenting with various hairstyles, from rainbow locks to a slicked-back hairdo. One of his best looks though is the “comma” hairstyle.

Gray
AOMG’s rapper and producer Gray usually sports a shorter, slick version of the “comma” look.

Ryu Jun Yeol
Ryu Jun Yeol is another actor who looks amazing with this hairstyle. He was even spotted with the hairdo at his recent press conference for his new movie “The Battle: Roar to Victory.”

Ong Seong Wu
Fans agree the idol-turned-actor looks dashing in the “comma” hairstyle! He is currently acting in the drama “Moments of 18.” Although he doesn’t sport the “comma” hair in the drama, you can still watch him flawlessly portray an 18-year-old who is a loyal friend.

Catch up to the latest episode of “Moments of 18”!

GOT7’s Mark
GOT7’s Mark is one of the idols who are popular for pulling off the “comma” hairstyle in a stylish manner, as seen in the photo shoot image above. He has sported the “comma” hairstyle in different colors, such as blonde, brown, and black.

Nam Joo Hyuk
Being a model as well as an actor, Nam Joo Hyuk is able to pull off any hairstyle, but his “comma” hair makes him look sharp and chic as well as boyfriend material at the same time!

You can see him sporting the popular hairdo in his latest drama “Radiant“:

source

eng https://www.soompi.com/article/1344698wpp/male-celebs-who-effortlessly-pull-off-the-trendy-comma-hairstyle

kor : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/236236

Gong Yoo voted as star netizens wish to have dating rumor in 2019

Netizens chose actor Gong Yoo as the star they hope to have dating rumor this year.

Spoiler
According to the voting results of Exciting DC - the website which is operated by the trend searching company Mycelebs and the community portal DC Inside, Gong Yoo reached the top spot of the poll "The star you wish to have dating rumor this year?". This poll was conducted within 7 days, from August 11 to 17.

Winning the No.1 position with 661 votes (15.4%) of the total 4,283 votes, Gong Yoo has been receiving the affection that is not less than teenage stars thanks to his warm look, tall appearance, and gentle voice. Notably, he also took the position of the "ideal type" of many girls as he has continuously been successful with the movie "Train To Busan" and the drama "Goblin".

Actor Ha Jung Woo ranked 2nd with 417 votes (9.7%). Thanks to the unique humor which is in contrast to his masculine appearance, he is receiving love from all types of audience. In particular, he is also famous for the appetizing mukbang shows that make viewers feel hungry.

Ranking at third place was actor Kang Dong Won with 397 votes (9.3%). Possessing the appearance and body with unrealistic proportion like stepping out from a comic, he is always at the top of the survey entitled "Which star do you want to become the 'common property'?".

In addition, the following positions belonged to actors Jung Woo Sung, Lee Seo Jin, and Kim Hye Soo.