* Format: Renzoku

* Episodes:

* Broadcast network: TV Asahi

* Broadcast period: 2007-Apr to 2007-June

* Air time: Thursday 21:00

* Theme song: by Ueto Aya

* Related shows: Hotelier (MBC, 2001)

Synopsis

Ueto Aya plays Odagiri Ryoko who is a manager of a hotel, which a businessman (Oikawa Mitsuhiro) is trying to take over.

Cast

* Ueto Aya as Odagiri Ryoko

* Oikawa Mitsuhiro

* Tanabe Seiichi

* Saeko

* Oda Akane

* Yoo Min (Yuko Fueki)

* Hori Mayumi

* Azuma Mikihisa

* Komoto Masahiro

* Katahira Nagisa

* Takenaka Naoto

* Bae Yong Jun as Shin Dong Hyuk (Episode 1)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nodoubt

Is this a remake of the K Drama?

Yup n Bae Yong Joon to appear in this drama

yong.jpg

Yon-sama to appear in "Hotelier" remake

Wed, March 14, 2007 (5:46 EDT)

Korean actor Bae Yong Joon will be making guest appearances in the upcoming "Hotelier" drama. He will play Shin Dong Hyuk, the same character he played in the original Korean series. In that series, he was, a businessman trying to take over the protogonist's hotel.

This time, however, that role, will be played by Mitsuhiro Oikawa while Bae Yong Joon's character will be a supporter of the main character (Aya Ueto).

Bae Yong Joon will appear in first episode and in a few later episodes. His scenes will be shot in Korea, and his lines will mostly be in Korean.

It was also announced that Ueto will be in charge of the drama's theme song.

source : Sport Hochi

Credz : Tokyograph

Guest i3lu3fun

i found this very rare, japanesse remaking korean drama. i never follow the whole episode of the k-version. so, maybe i'll watch this one since Ueto Aya is acting.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MissMonika

bae yongjun's photo. :lol:

(not a byj anti or anything - he just looks so ....i dunno... packaged)...

LOL. I think he just needs a haircut. That long hair isn't doing it for me.

Guest choco-late

Thats rare, Japanese remaking of an Korean drama.

No wonder when I search on youtube I found another Kdrama with the same name, so it's the remake.

This one is in my waiting list!

Guest crazyMuka

Of all Kdramas, why oh why did they decide to remake this one? I'm willing to bet with you that they're just trying to ride the popularity wave of BYJ and milking out every possible way to make money off of him (oh Bae-sama!!!, lol. But see, they even went through the trouble to have him star-guested in the 1st episode, which didn't happen in the remake of My boss my hero!) I don't mean that the drama is bad, but it is boring, draggy and the love triangle in there is such a bore imo. But then, when I think about it, Hotelier is a candidate because it is a rare drama where the story deals more about business than love. After all, the Japanese still love their dramas occupation-focused, or so it appears to me. I don't think I will follow this one since I know the story already, and the cast isn't particularly interesting or attractive.

Guest MissMonika

Of all Kdramas, why oh why did they decide to remake this one? I'm willing to bet with you that they're just trying to ride the popularity wave of BYJ and milking out every possible way to make money off of him

LOL. Probably. BYJ is huge in Japan, along with SSH. Japanese women do love their Korean actors.

I don't think I will follow this one since I know the story already, and the cast isn't particularly interesting or attractive.

I don't think this drama should be necessarily called a remake, it looks more like a spinoff to me. I'm curious to see how the producers/directors/writers develop this story. Japanese dramas don't tend to focus a lot of the love story/triangle plot that has been depicted in almost all the Korean dramas I have seen so far. I'm counting on that fact for this drama because honestly, the love triangle thing is so overdone and mundane.

I disagree with you about the casting, though. I give Ueto Aya a lot of credit because the roles she chose to play have been diverse. She's able to hold her own and has developed into a well-rounded actress.

Episode 1 torrent is up in d-addicts! <3 thanks to Ladymercury :wub:

Wow, I gotta say there are A LOT of the same scenes they remake into this one... it's like, dejavu heheh..

I'm not liking the main guy, the one supposedly be the Frank Shin >_< seen him before, but I was wishing he could be more like, ... Bae Yong Joon'ish. :P

The main girl is so pretty! ^^ Ueto Aya? is she a singer?

she sang the main theme also? cool~!

Definitely will be following this one too as I <3 HOTELIER ^^

Archived