Help ! Earring Crisis !

Guest xbaaByette

Guest xbaaByette

MAJOR HELP PLEASE !
okaay so i got a second ear pierce in february,

and as stupid and impatient i was ,

i took out the second ear piece to change it .

it hurt so much .

and today ,

i recently loked at it and saw it and it look like it was sinking into my ear .

so i freaked out .

and so i quickly took out the earring and of course ,

there was blood and stuff .

and as i tried toput a different earring in ,

it just hurts too much and as hard as i try ,

it won't go through not cause it's clogged ,

but because i can't push it through and it hurts a lot .

and because my ear hole is new so there's like a ball around the ear piece .

please help me get a way to put the earring back in that's painless because i'm scared that the hole will close !

PLEASE HELP !

Guest brighteyes

i really don't think you should put the earring back in. from what you're describing, it seems infected so the best you can do to relieve the pain is to rub some alcohol on it and let it heal. you can pierce it again later.

Guest bluesky19

its probably infected. you shouldnt stick an earring back into ur hole since you said its bleeding & "clogged" meaning thats it prob already started to close up. i think its best to just leave it alone to heal. once its back to normal, try piercing it again.

Guest 미소&눈물

I did the EXACT same thing as you a long time ago! With my 2nd piercing too hahahah. Honestly....even though it probably was a bad decision and I shouldn't have done it, I just kept trying and working to shove it through and got it in. It wasn't painless though and the hole is kind of still messed up even now ... around 2 years later, so I'd just let it close up and repierce it a little later.

Guest mikomi

your best bet was to not have taken the earing out, even if there was something wrong and to hvae just kept cleaning it, but since it's already out, the best thing to do is let it clear up and close because if you keep trying to push the earring through you will just mess up your ear even more. if you let it heal back and pierce it again a couple weeks later and keep it in till it heals, you'll be good to go.

Guest x`ind

well even though this is probably not the most "sanitary" advice ( since it sounds like you really want to keep it) just shove it back through even though it will be painful and once the earrings through (though it will be bloody lol) just keep it in there for a long long time. and keep cleaning it w/ the solution.

Guest Elysia

omfg. lol. i have THIS SAME PROBLEM

except my piercing has been in there. for 8 MONTHS.

and i took it out today to change the earring... and i did, i wear these hoops for like a day and took em out

and today there's this huge painful lump where the hole is... and i can't stick my original earrings thru...

i'm really scared it closed... I WAITED 8 MONTHS, it SHOULD BE HEALED BY NOW?

ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest project_4

This same thing happened to me, except it was my first piercings.

I waited patiently for 6 weeks [the absolute bare minimum recommended healing time] and then started switching earrings like mad. One of my ears was completely fine. The other got really irritated, got swollen, and was generally pissed at me.

One day at work, I took it out just to see what was up with it. Literally ten seconds later I tried to put it back in and it had already started to close. As in, I couldn't even tell there was a hole from the front, just this tiny dimple where there should have been a hole. So I pushed it in. It hurt like mad. I couldn't find the exit. Swirling the post around the hole trying to find the exit almost made me cry.

So, being desperate, I gritted my teeth and made a new hole. You can bet it hurt, and I don't recommend it.

I disinfected it daily and took good care of it, but since it was a crappy Claire's earring, it acted up again months later. Swollen, painful, etc. I took it out again. I tried to put it back in and couldn't find the exit. But here's the truth -- the exit is still there. It is. You have to swirl the earring around the hole [hurts like a pinkberry] and use your fingers at the back of the ear to coax the post into the exit. It'll hurt a LOT. But it's ten times better than forcing it through and making a new, unnecessary hole. You have to do it immediately though. In my experience at least, the hole will close fast. I mean, in minutes, it will be too painful.

It acted up again later, so I finally replaced it with proper 14K gold earrings and have been healing it for months. Last week it started to swell and was bleeding and bleeding for no reason. The bump that used to be on the back of my ear has disappeared, so I think it was just finally expelling all those dead cells. And now, finally, it is completely normal.

Moral of the story is, do not change your earrings too soon. You can let your ear heal and repierce it, or you can get a high quality earring and try to find the exit, as much as that will hurt, and then let it heal for another good couple months.

Guest boatswain

I think you might be allergic to the earring material. My sister had the same problem. She was allergic to nickel, I think, and it made her earlobes swell and bleed like crazy. Apply alot alot alot of antiseptic and squeeze with tissues until all the crud comes out. Be sure to wear sensitive or silver/gold plated earrings in order to prevent this from happening again (if you are allergic, that is).

Guest xXSJloveXx

Its infected, but if u really want it back in, then get a needle and poke it, i dont think that there will be a painless way to do it.

Guest cbxjenn

that happened with my second lobe piercing also.. i took it out after 2 months :x switched earrings.. got it infected. it bled and had pus come out. so i took it out.

a week later, i stuck my earrings (another pair that had a thinner um.. 'stick'?) back on. it hurted like craap but i kept it clean and such.

now, it's a-okay :)

edit: btw, when i put my earrings back on, it had already closed up. I basically had to repierce it..

Guest xohiwoxaira

what i did is a get a hoop earring and shove it in there like its nothing and then just get some of that ear thingey from claires and clean it. so if it does blow up lik a balloon then you dunt hav a stud in the back making you all&#%&

it's probably infected. you should take the earring out and let it heal, once its healed, pierce it again.

well said .

julia , if you keep trying to push it in it'll hurt more .

it's not worth it . just get it redone !

Guest illumine*

... you weren't supposed to take off the piercing after 2-3 weeks has passed... the piercer should have told you that...

anyways.. the best you can do is to let it heal. no earrings as it will irritate it even more (even by shoving back another earring).

you don't want it to get infected and become all weird (deformed, or something worse) so just let it be.

when it's healed, you can go get it pierced again.

Guest deportedkorean

well same thing happened to me (2nd piercing in the same hole, i've got thick lobes so i'm prone to infections there). just put an ice cube on it and numb it by doing that, and put some neosporin on the piercing so it'll slide in nicely...to help make it heal, use neosporin and occasionally clean with hydrogen peroxide or a cleaner for your ears (once every other day is fine, but nothing more than that)

Guest HEHE-productions

oh my god.

i had that happen to my second piercing as well -___-

I ended up doing something retarded... and yanked it through the back of my ear. Painful. Bloody. Unsafe.

DONT DO IT (although it's fine right now)

Don't put it back in :\ let it heal and just get it repierced

well said .

julia , if you keep trying to push it in it'll hurt more .

it's not worth it . just get it redone !

yup. let it heal first. trust me you don't want to be in the risk of getting ear collapse.

Guest suga_sw33t

You should go check it out at the place you got it pierced. I know some piercing places give you free checkups (like mine) and most recommend not letting your piercing close because apparently the infection remains inside when it closes?

If your place doesn't give checkups .. go check a doctor lol ^^

The way I put mine in when it wouldn't go in was I put a lot of soap that the piercing place game me all over my earpiercing and the earring so it was smooth and soft and i just shoved it in ><'' or you can try a thinner earring...meh... IF ITS A FRESH CUT I DONT RECOMMEND DOING THIS o_o

Archived