[MANHWA] The Bride Of The Water God

Guest jadu

Guest xxrainbowsun

Manhwa (Korean comics) are actually read left-to-right (like books in the west) - that's how they're oriented in their original form. If you know it's manhwa, read it left-to-right, it has nothing to be with being online.

Usually, Japanese manga which is normally read right-to-left; there are some cases where foreign distributors may "flop" (mirror image) the manga (Viz did this with X/1999 and early editions of Neon Genesis Evangelion) or physically cut and reposition the panels so manga is read in the left-to-right orientation (Dark Horse did this for Blade of the Immortal). After reading so much manga, I make the mistake of reading manwha right-to-left too sometimes.

Ah okay! ^_^ Thanks for clarifying. I normally don't read Manhwa's.. Bride of the Water God is actually the second manhwa I have read so far. The first was Snow Drop.

Chapter 85 has been released on MT.

It's not released by chire. But i've contacted Chire about this and i've told both sides (both Chire and the new scanlating group) of a possible joint project, that will (in my opinion) save more time.

:o I can't wait.

I should make a thank you banner for Chire for all the scans and translations..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This is our first chapter with shojo manhwa scans. There was a mix up, and their release of chapter 86 contains chapters 86 and 87 (if you count, there are ~48 actual pages). This chapter (88) picks up after their last release. We're working on going back and redoing the previous chaps in HQ, but for now, I apologize for the confusion

Anyway, we're back in the saddle thanks to SMS, so look for more chapters in the next few weeks ;)

.zip"]Download Chapter 88

Read 88 Online

EDIT:

Working backwards, here are chapters 86 and 87 from volume 12. We wanted to get these out asap so there wouldn't be too much confusion about chapter numbers in volume 12.

.zip"]Download Chapter 86

Read 86 Online

.zip"]Download Chapter 87

Read 87 Online

Guest Meeshelley

This is our first chapter with shojo manhwa scans. There was a mix up, and their release of chapter 86 contains chapters 86 and 87 (if you count, there are ~48 actual pages). This chapter (88) picks up after their last release. We're working on going back and redoing the previous chaps in HQ, but for now, I apologize for the confusion

Anyway, we're back in the saddle thanks to SMS, so look for more chapters in the next few weeks ;)

Thank you so much chire for not dropping this project and thank you so much for all the hard work to all that is doing this project! ^^

A great christmas present? =P

Thank you thank you thank you!

At first I didn't like this manhwa cuz of the summary(she marrying two men) but the artwork kept me going. And today thank goodness I did! For the two men are the same person! :D

Although I agree that the story pace is somewhat slow but hey it's not too bad...I seen worse D:

Anyways I really just want to spazz over the breath-taking artwork! Gosh it's one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL artwork I have ever seen in my whole life! Every details, every strokes, etc. they all are beautifully drawn!

Guest zee1209

Thank you, Chire. The 3 new chaps are awesome. I'm glad that all misunderstandings between Soah and Habeak finally vanish into thin air.  The plot promises sth really interesting in the next chaps  :rolleyes:  

At first, I also didn't understand the panels. Later, I realized that I was reading the panels the wrong way.. :/ Usually it's read from right to left right? But I think it's read from left to right online.

Of course, I could be wrong. It's been a while since I re-read the manga online. xD

I bought the books so I read them the correct way. I caught up with the rest on-line and I'll say that the story does improve but at this point it feels like watching a mediocre sageuk so I'll probably check back in a year or so.

It took me two years to finally find this book in a bookstore in the city I live in. And lucky me, I finally managed to buy volume 1 today! It was the only Bride of the Water God book in the entire 4-floored store.

love the artwork and thank you chire for updating us with new chapters! (:

Guest DnA_fan

I don't think I've ever post here before... but I've been a fan of this manhwa for like.... 2 to 3 years already XD

I just want to says thank you chire and all the other hard working translators out there who took their times translating this fantasically wonderful manhwa... thanks to you guys, I was [i guess you can said] inspired to buy the hard copies of the books because I want to keep it for a very long time [i don't really collect mangas or manhwas unless I find it extremely interesting and worth reading. The comics I usually read have to have interesting story line as well as amazing artwork and this book has BOTH XD]So far, I'd collected all the ones that was published by Darkhorse - which are volume 1-5, I'm waiting for 6 which will be out this February and 7 this June [i think]...

Aniwai, enough of my blabbering... back to the gratitudes.... again, THANK YOU YOU GUYS FOR THE AWESOME WORKS... keep it coming....

Guest xxrainbowsun

It took me two years to finally find this book in a bookstore in the city I live in. And lucky me, I finally managed to buy volume 1 today! It was the only Bride of the Water God book in the entire 4-floored store.

love the artwork and thank you chire for updating us with new chapters! (:

:o ! In the Borders near where I live, they always have at least 3 volumes of Bride of the Water God - it's just I never noticed before OR they started carrying the books for a few months.. but congrats!

I don't think I've ever post here before... but I've been a fan of this manhwa for like.... 2 to 3 years already XD

I just want to says thank you chire and all the other hard working translators out there who took their times translating this fantasically wonderful manhwa... thanks to you guys, I was [i guess you can said] inspired to buy the hard copies of the books because I want to keep it for a very long time [i don't really collect mangas or manhwas unless I find it extremely interesting and worth reading. The comics I usually read have to have interesting story line as well as amazing artwork and this book has BOTH XD]So far, I'd collected all the ones that was published by Darkhorse - which are volume 1-5, I'm waiting for 6 which will be out this February and 7 this June [i think]...

Aniwai, enough of my blabbering... back to the gratitudes.... again, THANK YOU YOU GUYS FOR THE AWESOME WORKS... keep it coming....

^ I SECOND THAT. :D THANK YOU CHIRE!

Guest zee1209

Thank you, chire <3

Finding out you've released new chap, I screamed like crazy :">

I guess I will leave now to read the new chap

Again, thanks a bunch <3

Archived