For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

Guest aznbabe90

they actually dont care

just sometimes.. -> they would make fun of me

like "where should we go on vacation this summer? south korea?" =.=

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jasmine<3

OHHH MYY this thread is perfect! recently i ordered the BIG BANG DVD and Volume one! heheheee .. ermm.. my parents.. think im crazy..

=/. it's sad haha

i love koreans~~~@!!! the dramas! the music!! the people! so hot ;) hahahaaaaa... my parents and most friends are so, unsupportive

Guest monchichi

My mum then tries to get me into her vietnamese music and says I should get in touch with my roots... I can't help it if another country's music is better than my own country's!!! >_<

Guest Numberthree

My mom doesn't care. She's practically in love with k dramas anyway and even told my brother to get a more korean style haircut. :sweatingbullets: I just listen to the music, dramas don't really interest me.

Guest jaeners

My mom said I was weird at first, but then after a LONG while, she got use to it so she doesn't care now. My dad was cool with it. He use to listen to korean music with me all the time. Hahah. But yeah, I've been into korean music for a long time now so she's use to it and doesn't care anymore. (:

Guest indefinable

I don't watch the TV, so in my case it's only ksongs. My parents don't care, they listen to the radio. xD

Guest Mintaka Orionis

Since im from a multi-ethnic family...Korea was just another happy colour in my rainbow. My parents were and are interested in other (sub) cultures.

Guest kdsnabi426

Well my Dad didn't really trip because he's been realized that i'm a little *ahem* different from your average black girl. He'll come in my room dancing to whatever music i'm listening to and be like ''that sounds good! can't understand what they saying but it sounds good!'' My mom's really open to new things so she thought it was cool to hear r&b music in another language.

Guest juicy_fruit

my parents actually don't say much about it, but told me "How could you like to listen to Korean song? You don't even know what the song mean. I bet you like Korean song only because you love the look of those korean guy." Cuz I like to listen to male voice more than female voice.

they're fine with it.. but they dont like me to be obsessed. i am obsessed with dbsk and shinhwa but they think i'm just plain wasting time and money on them since i buy posters/cds and all that fan-merchandise that fans in my country are starving themselves for.. haha just kidding! but i think some people really DO starve themselves to an extent so they can buy thsoe fan-merchandise fast at the start of the month.

ok i'm digressing.

uh.. my parents would watch some dramas too,even when they complain that the plots are ALWAYS the same. -_- and they still watch and take over the TV and such.

oh yeah i bought 'the king and the clown' and my dad went to watch it when i was asleep. he literally came into my room (!!!!!!!!!) and took it out while i was asleep.

rawr.

Guest dudette

My parents don't mind because they're interested in kdramas especially 'MY GIRL' O____O Yes, my dad loves it too XD

Guest xpuckkerr

my parents dont really care much either.

but my parents, and i hate it when ANYONE says this, but

they always say that korean boys look like girls.

ugh, they do not! they are just jealous because

they dont have style like them. urrg!!

but my mom loves korean drama and songs.

:] my dad usually is like "wtf, you dont even understand what they are saying!"

who cares. i like my music.

My dad "Do you have anymore dramas? Give me some dramas! Download longer series. they're better.. like da chrung geum " (i forgot the title name)

"I thought that was mandarin" when i told him i was listening to korean music

XD...

My mom," Turn down that music!!" <- she doesn't really care

sisters, "is that a guy?" (i think this was for Se7en, dbsk or lee junki) then it turn to "Give me more pics of Daniel Henney"

Archived