K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

Guest nokcha

has anybody bought MBC America's Couple or Trouble DVDs yet?

i'm curious about their subs. :sweatingbullets:

The subs are fine. Can't remember if there were any problems. May have been a typo or two, but nothing major. Overall, anything licensed for the US has vastly improved over the years in the quality of the English subs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1nonlydawb

Has anybody order the dvd set for Heo Jun? How are the subtitles and video quality? I was thinking about getting all 4 volumes but need some feedback.

Guest Elusive

The subs are fine. Can't remember if there were any problems. May have been a typo or two, but nothing major. Overall, anything licensed for the US has vastly improved over the years in the quality of the English subs.

Were the extras subbed?

Guest nokcha

Were the extras subbed?

Didn't watch the extras and a friend is borrowing the set. I'll have to check when she returns it.

Guest kdramafanusa

With all 3 networks (KBS America, MBC America, and SBS International) having their releases for US now, I'm worried that many stores won't be able to sell similar titles from YA ENTERTAINMENT in the future.

YA ENTERTAINMENT released their version of Winter Sonata last summer, but stores like US.YESASIA don't carry them. According to YESASIA, it's not for North American release; it's somewhat strange since I always thought that YE has the rights for North American release. I later contacted YA ENTERTAINMENT about it, I was told that they can't sell this DVD to many of their online retailers dued to licensing issues with KBS. I was referred to them to scarecrow.com

Guest hjkomo

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows the quality of the subs for the Seo Dong Yo 2-volume deluxe set sold at kimook.com. It's called Shu Tong Folk Song/Potato Boy there. I'm Region 1, so I can't watch the 3-volume Region 3 YesAsia version. The subtitles on the deluxe asian versions I've gotten in the past have usually been pretty decent.

Guest kdramafanusa

Were the extras subbed?

According to dvdasian's descriptions, the special features come with English and Japanese Subtitles.

credit: photos/descriptions from dvdasian

Couple or Trouble (aka: Fantastic Couples): Director's Cut ( English Subtitled) ( 6 DVD Boxset)

Starring: Han Ye-Seul, Oh Ji-Ho, Kim Sung-Min

Director: Kim Sang-Ho

Studio: MBC America (US)

Rating: NR

Genre: TV Drama

Product Detail

Audio Format: DD 2.0

Video Format: Widescreen 1.85:1 (Anamorphic)

Languages:Korean

Subtitles: English, Japanese

Region Code: ALL

Year Made: 2007

Running Time: 960

Release Date: 10/09/2007

Special Features

- English and Japanese Subtitles

- Interview with Director in Los Angeles , US

- Gag Reel

- Behind the Scenes

25881_1189693004.jpg25881_1191855667.jpg

----------

Air City : Korean TV Drama (English Subtitled) (6 DVD Box Set) (Region 1&4)

Starring: Choi Ji-Woo, Moon Jung-Hee, Lee Jin-Wook

Director:

Rating: NR

Genre: TV Drama

Product Detail

Languages: Korean

Subtitles: English, Spanish

Region Code: 1 , 4

Running Time: 960

Release Date: 12/04/2007

26153_1194275169.jpg26153_1196692304.jpg

----------

Thank You: Korean TV Series ( Region-1 & 4 ) (6 DVD Box) (English Subtitle)

Starring: Jang Hyeok, Gong Hyo-Jin, Seo Shin-Ae

Director: Lee Jae-Dong

Rating: 15 Up

Genre: Drama(TV)

Product Detail

Subtitles: English, Japanese, Spanish

Region Code: 1, 4

Running Time: 995

Release Date: 12/04/2007

26152_1196691739.jpg26152_1196691785.jpg

----------

Inside The White Tower (aka: The Great White Tower): Korean TV Drama-Special Sale (7 DVD Box Set)

Starring: Kim Myung-Min, Lee Seon-Gyun, Lee Jeong-Gil

Director: Ahn Pan-Seok

Studio: YA Entertainment (US)

Rating: 15 Up

Genre: Drama(TV)

Product Detail

Video Format: Widescreen 1.78:1 (Anamorphic)

Subtitles: English

Region Code:1

Year Made:2007

Running Time:1200 Mins

25363_1197036844.jpg25363_1199455460.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

I saw the DVD boxset of the serie LOVERS made by SBS with english sub will be release 08 juin 2007 at dvdasian site ! What a good new ! I've waited long time for it .

Studio: SBS Production (Korea)

Lovers: Korean TV Drama (Region-3) (7 DVD Box)

Subtitles: English

Country Made: Korea

Region Code: 3

Running Time:

Special Features:

I'm interested in Lovers & Lovers In Prague (Korean version), I am wondering about their English subtitles.

Does anyone have these sets? I'm concerned since they are from SBS, thanks. =)

Thanks, kdramafanusa. This bodes well for the MBC America release of Coffee Prince then!

Hi Elusive, pic of the back side of its DVD set isn't up yet -- not sure if there'll be special features. Maybe the site'll be updated once the set is officially released.

http://www.dvdasian.com/_e/MBC_America/pro...DVD_Boxset_.htm

i got my Fantasy Couple set!

IMG_5645.jpg

i only peeked on the special features. the subs are good. i'm disappointed with the gag reel though - it's so SHORT :(

i wish MBC America releases the same amount of special features the korean versions have. boo.

Guest kdramafanusa

Pictures of the Coffee Prince MBC America set (as well as several others) can be found at this blog:

http://beautifulthingsinlife.blogspot.com/...rean-drama.html

Elusive, thanks for sharing the link - nice to be able to preview the interior design of the DVD sets. =)

i got my Fantasy Couple set!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/starlets/IMG_5645.jpg

i only peeked on the special features. the subs are good. i'm disappointed with the gag reel though - it's so SHORT :(

i wish MBC America releases the same amount of special features the korean versions have. boo.

Chula, thanks for taking pics & updating us on the quality of the subs.

Hopefully, MBC America will have longer features in the future too. =)

Guest kdramafanusa

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows the quality of the subs for the Seo Dong Yo 2-volume deluxe set sold at kimook.com. It's called Shu Tong Folk Song/Potato Boy there. I'm Region 1, so I can't watch the 3-volume Region 3 YesAsia version. The subtitles on the deluxe asian versions I've gotten in the past have usually been pretty decent.

I know someone who bought this drama recently. I see several versions on Kimook's site so I'm not sure if it's the same version as the one you are interested in.

I wanna know whether is it possible that KBS daily drama'll be released in dvd? I'm looking for "I hate You but It's Fine" (Kim Ji Suk & Han Ji Hye) with english subtitle. Thanks...

if you're from the US or Canada, you'll likely be able to buy the drama through KBS' EOR service once the drama is over. It will just be quite costly for the entire set since the drama will likely be over 120+ epis.

Guest Elusive

if you're from the US or Canada, you'll likely be able to buy the drama through KBS' EOR service once the drama is over. It will just be quite costly for the entire set since the drama will likely be over 120+ epis.

How many discs does would a typical 16-episode series come in? How is it packaged? Are the subs burned in or can be turned off? Are they anamorphic widescreen or fullscreen? How much is shipping?

I was looking at the EOR titles the other day and I had all these questions...

How many discs does would a typical 16-episode series come in? How is it packaged? Are the subs burned in or can be turned off? Are they anamorphic widescreen or fullscreen? How much is shipping?

I was looking at the EOR titles the other day and I had all these questions...

they are hardsubbed, and formatting of the screen will be exactly as you saw on KBS World (they are basically the episodes aired on KBS World/KBS America). Each DVD disc [has the KBS America logo printed on w/ the drama's title and episode number/name] contains only 1 episode, and comes in a clear hard plastic case cover.

EOR is meant only if you happen to miss an episode of a drama, and for those dramas that never get an official DVD release, such as the daily dramas. I bought Drama City episodes through this.

Thanks for your response. I'm not from US or Canada. Wow, you said that 1 dvd only contains 1 episode. Wow, it'll be so many discs :sweatingbullets: How about us who lived outside US/Canada? Can we purchase it? Where and how?

Guest Elusive

they are hardsubbed, and formatting of the screen will be exactly as you saw on KBS World (they are basically the episodes aired on KBS World/KBS America). Each DVD disc [has the KBS America logo printed on w/ the drama's title and episode number/name] contains only 1 episode, and comes in a clear hard plastic case cover.

EOR is meant only if you happen to miss an episode of a drama, and for those dramas that never get an official DVD release, such as the daily dramas. I bought Drama City episodes through this.

Thanks for the answer. :)

I am on the fence about getting The Vineyard Man, but if they're going to be hardsubbed and fullscreen (I've seen the KBS World rips online) then I'm not so sure. The only legit English-subbed DVD releases I've seen were from Malaysia and Hong Kong and sub quality might be a gamble with those.

Archived