Azumanga Daioh - Official Thread

Guest jahye

343465.jpg

One of the most beloved animes in Japan, this is truly one of the funniest series that exists.
I remember falling off of my chair a couple times when I first watched it.
Truly hilarious and heartwarming.

A must watch for anime-loving fans.

Plot:
umanga Daioh chronicles the everyday life in an unnamed Japanese high school of six girls and two of their teachers: child prodigyChiyo Mihama and her struggle to fit in with girls five years older, reserved Sakaki and her obsession with the cute animals who seem to hate her, spacey Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga with a skewed perspective on the world, Koyomi "Yomi" Mizuhara's aggravation at an annoying best friend, Tomo Takino, whose energy is rivaled only by her lack of sense, sporty Kagura and her one-sided rivalry with Sakaki, and their homeroom teacher Yukari Tanizaki and her friend, physical education teacher Minamo "Nyamo" Kurosawa. Secondary characters include Kimura-sensei, a creepy male teacher with an obsession with teenage girls, and Kaorin, a female classmate with a crush on Sakaki. The story covers three years of tests, talking between classes, culture festivals, and athletic events at school, as well as time spent traveling to and from school, studying at Chiyo's house, and vacations spent at Chiyo's summer beach home and the fictional theme park Magical Land, concluding with the graduation of the main cast. It is generally realistic in tone, marked by occasional bursts of surrealism and absurdity, such as Osaka imagining Chiyo's ponytails being "unscrewed" from her head and an episode featuring the characters' New Year's dreams.

Volumes: 4 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1923Published by: YenPressAnime Episodes: 26

azumanga-daioh.jpg

jToeqMGzc.jpg

Azumanga-daioh-azumanga-daioh-14818432-1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MoonChild

I really like this anime, so random yet so funny. Also, if you like this anime then you should check out "Sensei No Ojikan," in my opinion it's as funny if not more than Azumanga Daioh.

Guest Take Five

lesbians in anime are hilarious.

^i honestly thought sensei no ojikan sucked. all the jokes were the same after awhile. i have to admit, the gay guy and the transexual were funny though.

Guest bella-fiore

A friend told me I act like Yukari, the slacked teacher. I absolutely love this, but I didn`t like another manga by the same author.

-->>Akemi

Guest MoonChild

lesbians in anime are hilarious.

^i honestly thought sensei no ojikan sucked. all the jokes were the same after awhile. i have to admit, the gay guy and the transexual were funny though.

Really? That's too bad. I enjoy Sensei No Ojikan more than Azumanga Daioh, maybe because I really like Kudou.

I really like this anime, so random yet so funny. Also, if you like this anime then you should check out "Sensei No Ojikan," in my opinion it's as funny if not more than Azumanga Daioh.

Hmm, haven't heard of that one. Is it old or current? Because I haven't been watching any current anime for the past year to year and a half. Maybe I know the English title.

Guest MoonChild

^It is not really new, but not that old either. It was released on the internet around 2004. There are three English name that it goes by Doki Doki School Hours, Sensei no Ojikan, and Teacher's Time.

^i don't know if anyone even finished subbing it o.o

Oh really?

I was just about to go look for it online...

I don't want to start a series if I know I won't be able to finish it.

Guest MoonChild

^i don't know if anyone even finished subbing it o.o

Yeah, I don't think the subbing was finished either. I have to lo_ok really hard to find new episode appear every now and then.

On Topic: What was everyone's favorite episode(s)?

My favorite ones are the School Festival, Summer Vacation, and Sports Festival. But hell, I love them all :P

My favorite ones are the School Festival, Summer Vacation, and Sports Festival. But hell, I love them all :P

Ah, I can't just pick 1 favorite episode. Instead I have all my favorite bits in each episode.

Too many to name, but most of them have to do with either Osaka, Chiyo, or Yukari sensei.

Those 3 are my favorite characters.

Guest MoonChild

Yup, I think you just named the three of the memorable espisodes that stand out in my mind.

Guest azuGurl

Kimura sensei..... XD he was blessed with some of the funniest lines in the series.

Oosaka rocks =) I have a slow-witted friend like her! (not to be offensive ^^;;)

I love the part when Chiyo pulled off her pigtails =P so cute.

Guest darkdragon315x

Yeah, I don't think the subbing was finished either. I have to lo_ok really hard to find new episode appear every now and then.

really? i have all the episodes and they are all fansubbed... unless you mean now

this anime is quite random, but i felt it was a bit too slow for my taste, even though there were some cute funny parts

Archived