Celebritites Who Are Christian

Guest mama bear

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think mc mong is a christian cause i thot i heard him say thanks to the Lord on mnet music awards...

i heard about it tooo ! can it be confirmed?

Guest jess9450

As far as I know, Lee Dong Gun is Catholic. I'm sure Lee Junki is Christian. I don't know about Hwanhee. He has been seen wearing cross necklace and earrings. Somebody please let me know whether he is Christian or not.

Wearing accessories with crosses on them is more of a fashion statement in Korea than it is an indicator of a religious belief. Unfortunately, it is unreliable to assume that any celebrity wearing a cross necklace or earrings is a Christian, although some who do may very well be Christian.

I would have to disagree... I mean if you're gonna survey the world and see the % of "Christians" than sure there are many - including catholics. BUT Catholic.. is completely DIFFERENT than baptist, presbyterian, etc... They have their own completely different set of beliefs. Baptists, Presbyterians.. etc do not like to be "in the same group" persay~ because everything about Catholics goes AGAINST their beliefs. I don't want to start a religious battle but people who say Catholicism is pretty similar don't know their own religion too well. Some people still talk like it's part of Christianity - but really, it's like... 2 christian groups... rather than 1...^^ I believe that in 2007 it's safe to say they are 2 different groups.

Just cuz celebrities write they're "christian" doesn't really mean they are. You can't be Christian if you never ever go to church or never read the Bible. Just beliving in A god doesn't mean you really believe in something... they might live their life a completely different life than others. There are a huge number of people who will write in surveys across the country that they are "christian" just because that's the way they grew up or that's just what they were born with - but necessarily don't PRACTICE or BELIEVE in God.

So when I come across these things, I tend to just.. not think too much of it. I'm sure they're nice people but I really hope if they actually DO write down they're Christian, it's not just someting their mom taught him/her - but rather it means that person have some kind of religion/relationship that he/she follows on a daily basis. And saying "thank you God" after winning an award.. i mean, hey - not to say EVERYONE doesnt actually mean "thanks to God" but reallyyyy mest up people say that too in the US.. like singers and stuff - I doubt that all of them who say "thanks God" really mean it and understand it... Same with the dollar bill - or whutever bills in the US haha. "In God we trust." It's just a matter of speech... so to say these people are Christian automatically leaves questions unanswered.

Back to the question: haha,... um~

The only celebrity I know of who actually believes what he says he believes is Tim.

Tim has a RELATIONSHIP with God...

=) yeah i don't want to bash anyone hehe. Dunno the other stars personally so I can't say =)

THANK YOU so much for your post; I was about to say the exact same thing after reading through this thread. There is a difference between saying "I'm Christian" and actually living your life out as a practicing follower of Christ. It can be so easy for celebrities to say they follow one faith, when really their statements should not be (but often are) taken at face value.

I know that Tim is definitely a strong Christian - something that is soo evident in his lifestyle and music. Choi Shiwon from Super Junior is a really strong Christian - he goes to my friends' church and she's heard his life testimony.

The only other celebrities I know are strong Christians are Lee Hyukjae from Super Junior and Kim Junsu from DBSK.

Guest yap1976

These are some of the more notable Korean celebs who are Christians that I can think of off the top of my head right now:

• Lee Yuri (actress)
  • Park Tam Hee (actress / former member of Uptown)
  • Han Hye Jin (actress)
  • Jeon Hye Jin (actress)
  • Jung Ryeo Won (actress / former member of Chakra)
  • Park Ji Yoon (singer / actress)
  • Han Ye Seul (actress)
  • Lee Soo Young (singer)
  • Kim Hyo Jin (comedian)
  • Seo Min Jung (actress)
  • Lee Ji Hoon (actor / singer)
  • Cha In Pyo (actor), and wife Shin Ae Ra (actress)
  • Jung Ae Ri (actress)
  • Kim Hye Ja (actress)
  • Lee Han Hee (Miss Korea/Universe / MC) aka Honey Lee
  • Lee Jin (actress / former member of Finkl)
  • Go Ara (actress)
  • Sean (member of Jinusean) and wife Jung Hye Young (actress)
  • Lee Min Kyung (former member of Diva)
  • Yoo Seung Jun (singer)
  • Sun Ye, Ye Eun, Yoo Bin (from Wonder Girls)

how come no one mentioned HWANG BO!!!!???? She's a christian too!! And a charitable one too... :D

Guest valley girl

Wearing accessories with crosses on them is more of a fashion statement in Korea than it is an indicator of a religious belief. Unfortunately, it is unreliable to assume that any celebrity wearing a cross necklace or earrings is a Christian, although some who do may very well be Christian.

i agree with you there are some atheist celebrities but wears cross necklace and earrings , most Korean celebrity is atheist that's something i know

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest icezera

just to clarify, all of shinhwa have stated that they are Christian and follow that belief.

not just eric, dongwan, and some others, all of them are.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Koreandramaluver

I am wondering if Daniel Henney is in fact a born- again christian? Cause whenever I go to his myspace page, he always has in his music playlist songs that worship Jesus! I hope he is though! he he

Choi Si Won is a born again christian! He stated it in some video interviews on youtube!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest theflamealchemist

Kim Myung Min (aka Kang Mae of Beethoven Virus) is a Christian ;)

YEAH! Finally, someone mentions Kim Myung Min!!!!

He's a pretty dedicated Christian-he gives thanks to the Lord often.

And someone way in the beginning mentioned Yang Dong Geun.

It's good to know he's Christian!

I have heard his Christian songs, and they're really cool! ^^

• 3 weeks later...

what is kim so eun, kim bum, lee minho,kim hyun joong religion?

are they christian?

what i know goo hye sun is christian(from her thread based on fan base)

about lee min ho i read the article about him q&a about religion

and he replied doesnt have any :o ,but his mom and dad budhism.

well sometimes korean people still atheis or dont have a religion.

• 2 years later...
Guest pureheartz

QUOTE (kikki @ Dec 7 2008, 02:12 PM) These are some of the more notable Korean celebs who are Christians that I can think of off the top of my head right now:

• Lee Yuri (actress)
  • Park Tam Hee (actress / former member of Uptown)
  • Han Hye Jin (actress)
  • Jeon Hye Jin (actress)
  • Jung Ryeo Won (actress / former member of Chakra)
  • Park Ji Yoon (singer / actress)
  • Han Ye Seul (actress)
  • Lee Soo Young (singer)
  • Kim Hyo Jin (comedian)
  • Seo Min Jung (actress)
  • Lee Ji Hoon (actor / singer)
  • Cha In Pyo (actor), and wife Shin Ae Ra (actress)
  • Jung Ae Ri (actress)
  • Kim Hye Ja (actress)
  • Lee Han Hee (Miss Korea/Universe / MC) aka Honey Lee
  • Lee Jin (actress / former member of Finkl)
  • Go Ara (actress)
  • Sean (member of Jinusean) and wife Jung Hye Young (actress)
  • Lee Min Kyung (former member of Diva)
  • Yoo Seung Jun (singer)
  • Sun Ye, Ye Eun, Yoo Bin (from Wonder Girls)

how come no one mentioned HWANG BO!!!!????  She's a christian too!!  And a charitable one too... biggrin.gif

also add kwon sang woo..he converted into catholic since her mother is a catholic after he done his movie lovw si divine

Guest JWonNie

You're asking this question so you know who are not "Christians" so you can pray for them, RIGHT? It's not like you're going to like a celebrity a little bit more because they're a "Christian" and like them a little less because they're not, RIGHT? :rolleyes:

Archived