The Official DSLR/DRF Threadⓥ

Guest erure

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest watcher

does anyone like the fuji dslr? my friend said she has one but i haven't seen it yet.

i haven't done any research yet on which camera i want although my uncle has been hyping up the nikon for me :/

i really can't decide but i'm working my butt off to earn enough $$ to get a really nice one.

you guys sound so pro with all the lens and filter lol xD i feel too noob since i'm coming off basic slr knowledge :x

and for the person who has scratched up negatives.

buy some archive perservers and some lens tissue xD

there's also this liquid you can wipe your negatives with..but i forgot what's it's called.. ;-;

i'm looking for something that would provide me with vivid colours, a reallllly good anti-shake function so like at rock concerts and everything ;-;, and really close focus, and amazing details so like high MP? :P

also a camera with quick functions so like the nobs and buttons are on the top of the camera instead of looking through the menu?

kinda like an old film camera ..... i really need to research ._.

i'd also agree with minji on taking dslr's to rock concerts. i'd personally take a decent compact and start shooting away at high ISO's. also, anti-shake is good to compensate for your movement, but it wont compensate for the subject's movement. increasing shutter speeed would prove to be a better solution in times like that.

anyways... you should go out to a camera shop and check out the different cameras out there. see what you like and figure out what's best for you. oh... and you dont really need high MP unless you want to print out large posters or do larger prints. 7~8MP is more than enough IMO.

However I don't think DSLR's are what you'd want to take to rock concerts because it's really big and clunky... Plus you'd have to be really cautious the entire time because people love stealing DSLR's. And a really good anti-shake function is in Sony's A100's SSS~ Or you could just go with a Canon's IS Point and Shoot.

this might be nit-picky, but in-lens IS will usually out-perform in-camera IS. not that i would complain about having free IS in every lens that i use, even if it's not the best possible :P

YAY! Finally an official thread just for us!

let me introduce myself, i'm silvy :)

i have 3 yrs of experience with film photography.. i love just being able to do everything from start to finish, from taking the photos, developing the film, to making the prints. there's something so satisfying about coming out of the darkroom with a great print you just worked your richard simmons off for.

i recently got my first dslr, i'm starting off with a Canon Rebel XTi, with the kit lens.

i just ordered a 50mm f/1.8 as my first starter lens. ^_^

s75352220.jpg

Up to $1500 :crazy:

Up to $1500? I've seen ones that are $7000 and more... The price is endless =/////=

I'm trying to save up for a telephoto... Hopefully L... So that's like $1700... *dies*

On the bright side, I got myself a decent flash finally. Speedlite 580ex ^____^ I need to learn more photography! Recommend any books? harhar... No seriously >/////<

Guest watcher

YAY! Finally an official thread just for us!

let me introduce myself, i'm silvy :)

i have 3 yrs of experience with film photography.. i love just being able to do everything from start to finish, from taking the photos, developing the film, to making the prints. there's something so satisfying about coming out of the darkroom with a great print you just worked your richard simmons off for.

i recently got my first dslr, i'm starting off with a Canon Rebel XTi, with the kit lens.

i just ordered a 50mm f/1.8 as my first starter lens. ^_^

s75352220.jpg

one of my best shots were with that 50mm f1.8. its light, cheap and plasticky, but man you can take some seriously good pics with it!!!! i hope you enjoy!!!

Up to $1500? I've seen ones that are $7000 and more... The price is endless =/////=

I'm trying to save up for a telephoto... Hopefully L... So that's like $1700... *dies*

On the bright side, I got myself a decent flash finally. Speedlite 580ex ^____^ I need to learn more photography! Recommend any books? harhar... No seriously >/////<

i got a flash link at work. i'll get that to you.

as for that tele lens, honestly, you should get what you need. the 7x~2xx f2.8 IS is a great lens, but if you dont need it, you dont need it. so get what you need. i got the 70~200 f4 and im happy with it.... for now at least. lol

plus, the lens that i have is sharpest and better than all the other lenses at equivalent aperture/focal length. you cant tell if you reduce picture size, but if you blow it up, it can be a world of diff

one of my best shots were with that 50mm f1.8. its light, cheap and plasticky, but man you can take some seriously good pics with it!!!! i hope you enjoy!!!

i got a flash link at work. i'll get that to you.

as for that tele lens, honestly, you should get what you need. the 7x~2xx f2.8 IS is a great lens, but if you dont need it, you dont need it. so get what you need. i got the 70~200 f4 and im happy with it.... for now at least. lol

plus, the lens that i have is sharpest and better than all the other lenses at equivalent aperture/focal length. you cant tell if you reduce picture size, but if you blow it up, it can be a world of diff

Yeah but I figure if I'm spending $800 on a telephoto lens I might as well save up some more and get the good one... My friend [who's much more experienced than I] is telling me to get the 70-200mm f/4 [the one you have ^^] since it's much cheaper... But I want the red stripe!... lol.

Guest miyaviyo

Um actually the R1 is not exactly a DSLR... So you can't really compare it to EOS ^^;; And the only DSLR from Sony so far is A100 which can compete with Canon -- I heard it's good but usually for a DSLR it's either Canon or Nikon.

Anyway I got my macro lens today and it's so cool... It's not anything super like an L lens but still good enough for a newbie like me ^^;;

Ah I see, i googled it and some sites compare it to EOS though.

D70s

50mm f/1.8D

18-70mm f/3.5-4.5DX

70-300mm f/4-5.6G

SB-600

Random titanium tripod

Bwaha, I cannot really justify spending that much money on glass, I'm pretty sure spending an extra $1k or $2k won't really be able to change what I am able to photograph that much(or its quality); I can utilize the decent range of lenses I already have to allow me to take whatever subject I need to.

And ya.. film pwns.. I need to go to the darkroom sometime to make some enlargments.

Guest watcher

Yeah but I figure if I'm spending $800 on a telephoto lens I might as well save up some more and get the good one... My friend [who's much more experienced than I] is telling me to get the 70-200mm f/4 [the one you have ^^] since it's much cheaper... But I want the red stripe!... lol.

$800? is that in US dollars? sounds way too high...

anyways... the f2.8 IS L is an awesome lens. im sure when you buy it, it'll almost be like your precious baby. haha

i'll upgrade as my need grows, but for now, the f4 is lovely.

the f4 also has the red stripe (if you didnt know..hehe)

the f4 also has the red stripe (if you didnt know..hehe)

Okay okay. I want the red stripe AND IS... hahaha... I'm about 90% sure that I won't be able to wait and save up the money so I'll probably end up getting the f/4... [it's called baby tele in Korea... cute huh haha] >___<

Guest watcher

Okay okay. I want the red stripe AND IS... hahaha... I'm about 90% sure that I won't be able to wait and save up the money so I'll probably end up getting the f/4... [it's called baby tele in Korea... cute huh haha] >___<

i always thought it looked like a caterpillar... and i want to spray paint it green. maybe if i have lots of money someday, i will. that way i can have a professional looking version, and my own personalized version. im gonna name my lenses someday... haha

i always thought it looked like a caterpillar... and i want to spray paint it green. maybe if i have lots of money someday, i will. that way i can have a professional looking version, and my own personalized version. im gonna name my lenses someday... haha

Thinking about 70-200mm f/4L IS USM... It's a little over a grand right? *saving money*

Guest lackluster

i got a 30d xDD

i absolutely love it

next lens sigma 50 mm f/1.4 i can practically take it in the dark xD

my biggest problem is just that my computer wont regonize the usb from my camera =(

sigh.

my biggest problem is just that my computer wont regonize the usb from my camera =(

sigh.

Probably your USB cable. Get a new cable and try it.

If it works, remember before you take it out to press the "Safely Remove Hardware" button on the Notification Area of the Taskbar.

sigh.

If all you need to do is transfer photos from your camera to the computer you could get a card reader that supports compactflash and use that to upload pictures... It's actually a lot more convenient than hooking up your camera.

Guest watcher

If all you need to do is transfer photos from your camera to the computer you could get a card reader that supports compactflash and use that to upload pictures... It's actually a lot more convenient than hooking up your camera.

i think hooking up your camera through USB is just as easy if not easier. as soon as i link up, the software pops up and asks me for what i want to transfer. it's almost automatic when i do it. 2 clicks will do everything for me.

plus, you have less chances of damaging your memory card when you remove it and put it back in the camera slot. :)

Guest Digital_Daum

whoa! a lot of canons here! i was so close to getting a 350D but after i saw how small and uncomfortable it was to hold, i decided to go for the D70 instead. well it was also cheaper too.

Nikon D70

Tamron 28-75

Tiffen UV filter

I darkened the edges

whoa! a lot of canons here! i was so close to getting a 350D but after i saw how small and uncomfortable it was to hold, i decided to go for the D70 instead. well it was also cheaper too.

Haha I know... I was waiting for tepper and slau but only tepper's replied once so far... ^^;;

Guest EYJAYJAY

whoa a dslr thread, i havent been back to tech forum in a while lol.

Canon Rebel XT

-Canon EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 Lens

-Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

all i can afford for now. as for pics, i have taken a few but havent had chance to look at how they turned out yet and i hope to find some time outside of school to actually work on some photography soon :) xt does feel somewhat small though, but i cant afford a 20D, sigh..

Archived