☆ ★ [[ V I E T N A M E S E net idols ❤ ]]

Guest Inconnu

Guest Joanne <3

BLACKCAT (MINH)

He's pretty popular in Yeah1. =D It bugs me how much Chinese he

puts on his pictures though... I wonder if he even understands them. x_x

Wish he would not photoshop his pictures so much... he would look

so much better without all those special effects on the pictures.

He's not bad... not bad at all. ;)

I like these two pictures of him best. Love his hair. :)

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Road_less_taken

I don't know if I'm allowed to post my pics up here. (Seen some people do it) But I will.

Btw, I'm only using this account because I don't want people to know my real soompi account. Haha.

If you don't think I'll ullzzang material enough, then I'll remove it.

No bashing like you people did to other memebers. That was just rude. -_-''

41923858ss1.jpg

51205140zk9.jpg

10496594pw4.jpg

49917743vr0.jpg

[Please don't steal. Not that you would want to. ]

Guest precious4e

@ road less taken: I think you're very cute but if you ask me, I don't think you're Uhlzzang material (sorry this is just my personal opinion. I'm not trying to be mean :sweatingbullets: )

lmao. I have to share some information regarding the Viet Ulzzang Contest to you guys.

OMG, it's soo hilarious - well to me it is, hahas since I'm helping Vivian delete spams and I have to tally up the votes etc, I have to go through the votes and gosh, for the guy's ulzzang contest, there is a total of 119 comments (at this moment) and for the girl's one, there's only 8 comments, and it just says something about the whole contest and to me, it's more of a popularity contest for the guys.

AHAHAH, that actually is pretty funny. Maybe I'll vote for the girls' contest now ><

Guest punkrocker2829

hey! i just voted for the gurls and guys. hahah i think it's funny how no one's voting for the girls. COME ON PPL VOTE 4 THEM!!! THEY NEED UR SUPPORT TOO!!

Guest shootingstarz

About the Viet Uhlzzang Contest IMO

I'm disappointed. The rules clearly stated that no photoshop pictures can be use but one of the pic contestant 's picture is photshopped, isnt it? Why is that an exception ><;; I dont know.. i was expecting everyone's pic to be non-photoshop or webcam so it can be fair u know ? oh well it is the first conest and all.. and the contestants all look nice ^^;

Guest cutegurl87

I'm disappointed. The rules clearly stated that no photoshop pictures can be use but one of the pic contestant 's picture is photshopped, isnt it? Why is that an exception ><;; I dont know.. i was expecting everyone's pic to be non-photoshop or webcam so it can be fair u know ? oh well it is the first conest and all.. and the contestants all look nice ^^;

That's what I noticed too. And not just that one...there are others that are questionable too. It should be enforced so that it's fair for everyone. Hopefully the other voters realize this when they are voting because obviously PS can make a whole world of a difference.

i also noticed the other pics too are a little photoshopped. but i just didnt want to say anything until now because its isnt my contest ..but the rules shouldnt be bent even if your photoshopped pics are that nice right?.

oh well..yeah lets just enjoy this contest. i think i already know whos gonna win 1st prize from the boys side...haha i think it is a popularity contest..but all contests usually like this..so yeah..haha

Guest f0reveralways

i was expecting everyone's pic to be non-photoshop or webcam so it can be fair u know ?

took the words right out of my mouth :sweatingbullets:

Guest Inconnu

Honestly I dont think the photoshopping rule should be a big deal...

as long as they dont photoshop their features or put on ALOT of

lighting that you arent able to see them clearly then it should be fine.

From the pictures posted so far, most of the contestants didn't really

do anything much except brightening of pictures or blurring a tiny

bit.

As long as their photoshopping isnt too drastic, I think its still fair.

Besides, what are uhljjangs without a bit photoshop? =]

--------------

edit; I think the reason the Girl Uhljjangs are receiving less votes is

probably because most people didnt noticed that they had to go down a bit

more to vote ... x_x

Guest AAgurl789

don't usually comment around the forum but in this subject, I would like to.

It is most likely true that the Hanoian kids from the pictures posted are kids/grandkids of government officials (commies) because only these kids would have the money to splurge on those fashionable attires. Believe me, fashionable clothings in Vietnam are NOT cheap for the Vietnamese living there. Their shirt can come up to 80,000 or 150,000 Vietnamese dollars at the cheapest and the last time I checked, my aunt works 6 hours a day for only 30,000 VN dollars (which = $2.00/day over here).

Most of the population (the kids who are not born into the wealthy life or have parents who are governmental officials) would NOT be able to afford these kinds of clothes that these so called "uhlzzangs" wear.

Fashion may look like it has changed a lot in Vietnam from these pictures but if you actually come back to the country and walk around to see the people living there, most likely that you won't see kids in these types of clothing. They have more important things to worry about like putting food on their table than walk around posing like "uhlzzang" like these kids here <_< ...

i don't mean to revive old posts and start a war, but I just wanted to get the facts straight that life in VN is better now...The middle class is getting broader and more average middle class people are able to afford nicer clothes...not just the commies... :ph34r:

Vietnam

Plenty to smile about

Mar 29th 2007 | BANGKOK AND HO CHI MINH CITY

From The Economist print edition

A SUSTAINED boom, with annual economic growth consistently around 7-8% since 2000, has transformed Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), its largest conurbation, is bustling, confident and expanding fast. Its fancy restaurants and designer shops are not just for the increasing numbers of foreign tourists and businessmen. The middle class seems broader, and the gap between rich and poor narrower, than in many other South-East Asian cities.

It is over 20 years since Vietnam's ruling communists abandoned collectivism and embarked on their doi moi market-based reforms, not unlike those China adopted a few years earlier. The country has come far since then. In Hanoi, the capital, food was rationed in the gloomy pre-reform era, and even senior officials wore threadbare clothes. “Boat people” were washing up on foreign shores.

Vietnam does not have the billion-plus populations of China and India. But with 84m people, it is no minnow. It is a serious contender in the world economy, especially since joining the World Trade Organisation this year. It has become Brazil's main rival in coffee exporting and Thailand's in rice. Vietnam is one of Asia's most open economies: two-way trade is around 160% of GDP, more than twice the ratio for China and over four times India's.

......The Vietnamese are enjoying new-found wealth and personal choice, including being allowed to educate their children abroad. Party bosses, conscious of what happened to their former backers in the deceased Soviet Union, realise that they must keep the people happy to stay in power. So far it is working. “Right now people don't think about politics,” says Nguyen Kim Dinh, a former city-government worker who now plays Vietnam's stockmarket full-time. “They just think about earning money.”

Source: http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displa...tory_id=8929218

------------------------

Cute guys and cute girls...keep it up guys. =

Guest JooLee

^

thats so awesome ^^ im glad that vietnam is starting to advance cause im going to visit soon!! yaayyy ^___^v

Guest roseltv

i don't mean to revive old posts and start a war, but I just wanted to get the facts straight that life in VN is better now...The middle class is getting broader and more average middle class people are able to afford nicer clothes...not just the commies... :ph34r:

THANK YOU! I love you! :rolleyes: That's all i've been thinking. Thanks again for clarifying those issue.

Yeah, I agree. What a shame, but what can you do? What upsets me though, is that one of the pics I submitted wasn't PSed, but I was told it looked like it was, and I had to replace it w/ a less nice picture of me. I don't even know how to use PS T____T (wish I did though xP)

But yeah, I should just let go ><;; ANYWAYS...

to road less taken: Looks like you have really nice skin, really pretty!

Also, it's nice to hear that Vietnam is doing well. Hopefully, it will become the pearl of the East once again =)

Guest shootingstarz

Yeah, I agree. What a shame, but what can you do? What upsets me though, is that one of the pics I submitted wasn't PSed, but I was told it looked like it was, and I had to replace it w/ a less nice picture of me. I don't even know how to use PS T____T (wish I did though xP)

But yeah, I should just let go ><;; ANYWAYS...

to road less taken: Looks like you have really nice skin, really pretty!

Also, it's nice to hear that Vietnam is doing well. Hopefully, it will become the pearl of the East once again =)

wow that's not right. not mentioning names but a couple of the contestants are popular in this thread so i guess the rule doesnt apply to those ppl because he or she is already popular here, so they just accept that person's picture anyways no matter if it was photoshop. seems like its not fair at all. the rules should applied to everyone no matter how good looking u r in those pictures right? it has to be non-photoshop, unless the owner change the rules and allow photoshopping.

edit - first post again.. lol ok here are some pictures of bao thy. i think she's cute ^_^

422316885_99c7a47784.jpg

422316889_cc5731bdc8.jpg

422319011_bbd0c86307.jpg

410167421_07a2dd1d94_m.jpg

omg sooooo cuttttee ^_______^^;;;;;

Archived