Chinese Help

Guest putasmileon

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mangchilo

Hello all!

Does 你知道, 你説國語的時候我不懂 make sense? I'm trying to tell this guy (Mandarin-speaking Taiwanese guy, hence 'guo yu') "You know I don't understand when you speak Chinese."

Hello all!

Does 你知道, 你説國語的時候我不懂 make sense? I'm trying to tell this guy (Mandarin-speaking Taiwanese guy, hence 'guo yu') "You know I don't understand when you speak Chinese."

你知道你说国语的时候我是听不懂的吗?

Guest mangchilo

你知道你说国语的时候我是听不懂的吗?

Thanks for answering quickly. ^^ So I understand what I'm actually saying better, how would you more directly translate that back into English?

Thanks a lot for the help. :D

Can anybody translate these Chinese characters for me?

舉行 - to hold (an event, a tournament, etc)

投資 - invest, investment

教授 - professor

榮幸 - honour

爽 - this can mean a number of things. do you have a particular context?

Thanks for answering quickly. ^^ So I understand what I'm actually saying better, how would you more directly translate that back into English?

你知道你说国语的时候我是听不懂的吗?

Do you realise that when you speak Chinese (or: are speaking Chinese), I don't understand?

Guest mangchilo

你知道你说国语的时候我是听不懂的吗?

Do you realise that when you speak Chinese (or: are speaking Chinese), I don't understand?

Thanks, Aziraphale. :)

Can someone please tell me how to download a font from this site? I tried to look for the 'download' button, but I can't find it. I know the word 'download' start with this character 下, right? :sweatingbullets:

http://www.sj00.com/soft/2/

Can someone please tell me how to download a font from this site? I tried to look for the 'download' button, but I can't find it. I know the word 'download' start with this character 下, right? :sweatingbullets:

http://www.sj00.com/soft/2/

Click on the font you want and then you will come to a page like this:

fonttc.jpg

The Chinese word for "download" is 下载 (xia4 zai3). The first two links require you to download some program like Flashget, so I've circled the third link which says 普通下载 (pu3 tong1 xia4 zai3, ordinary download), you can just click on that blue bit and download - it should be an .rar file, I haven't really downloaded to see if it works.

I clicked on a few fonts and they all showed three links, so I think it will be the same for whichever font you choose to download.

Thanks to Aziraphale for the help. ^_^ I give you numerous positive reputation points because I really appreciate your help in helping me translating Chinese characters.

Well, that is very nice of you. Thank you :)

十全十美 - perfect

拉埋天窗 - Cantonese way of saying two people are married

帶眼識人 - means you need to be more careful about how you view people, ie don't be too naive and trusting

另一半 - other half

有喜 - a slightly more old-fashioned way of saying a woman is pregnant

Click on the font you want and then you will come to a page like this:

fonttc.jpg

The Chinese word for "download" is 下载 (xia4 zai3). The first two links require you to download some program like Flashget, so I've circled the third link which says 普通下载 (pu3 tong1 xia4 zai3, ordinary download), you can just click on that blue bit and download - it should be an .rar file, I haven't really downloaded to see if it works.

I clicked on a few fonts and they all showed three links, so I think it will be the same for whichever font you choose to download.

Thank you for helping me out! It worked =]

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to say Hello (teacher greeting to their class) in mandarin simplified?

I'm trying to do this crossword puzzle and 伱们好同学们 doesn't work with it.

You need to flip it around: 同学们,伱们好

How many spaces do you have? Cuz that is a perfectly okay greeting, but not sure if you need something else.

Guest weedpeach

Can somebody translate these?

點解愈來愈多女仔去男家白食白住?

青少年

痴飲痴食痴住

每月拿我們香港人辛苦錢

震撼

1. Why are there more and more girls going to a guys house and freeloading off of his food and home?

2. i believe this means young? Like to describe a young person. >_>;

3. This means freeloading off of drinks, food and home.

4. Taking us Hong Kong people's hard earned money everyday.

im not sure about the last one though. something about shock? :/

i might be a bit off on the english, cuz it's kinda hard to translate. @_@; sorry.

Archived