It still good enough he didn't wear his slipper there...hahaha... But seriously, I don't like that binnie. I prefer cap/hat. I think new fans (korean and international) got a bit shock seeing him like this :D Eric just being himself. I like he doesn't care too much what people say. As long as he still know when he should clean up (lol), I think it's okay...hahaha....

Seems Eric and his little bro (Ho Jung Min) becomes so close to each other. I wish they have more scenes together. I always enjoy their inetraction in OHYA. And of course with the ducklings. Ho Jung Min will go to Phuket too. So, they can spend time more for playing there... :D

37 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

It still good enough he didn't wear his slipper there...hahaha... But seriously, I don't like that binnie. I prefer cap/hat. I think new fans (korean and international) got a bit shock seeing him like this :D Eric just being himself. I like he doesn't care too much what people say. As long as he still know when he should clean up (lol), I think it's okay...hahaha....

Seems Eric and his little bro (Ho Jung Min) becomes so close to each other. I wish they have more scenes together. I always enjoy their inetraction in OHYA. And of course with the ducklings. Ho Jung Min will go to Phuket too. So, they can spend time more for playing there... :D

Hi Putri, ye - hahaha - at least, he had his rubber shoes there. Me, I love men in beanie & baseball cap. What I love about Eric is he's so candid - he's always being himself. BTW, I forgot the date - when are they leaving for Phuket? I'm glad that he could get to rest & enjoy at the same time while there. Eric has been so busy filming the drama & he deserves rest after all. I hope the DVD copy would be available in the market soon.  I'm excited to get one for my own copy. It really was a fun drama! It was wonderful... :P

@willenette, Thanks for sharing.  I love that despite it wasn't highly rated and may be slow for some, Discovery of Love is still consider a good rom-com especially for it's well written / quotable lines.   I'm happy Eric's last 2 dramas achieve is well received (by critique & the public).

7 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Putri, ye - hahaha - at least, he had his rubber shoes there. Me, I love men in beanie & baseball cap. What I love about Eric is he's so candid - he's always being himself. BTW, I forgot the date - when are they leaving for Phuket? I'm glad that he could get to rest & enjoy at the same time while there. Eric has been so busy filming the drama & he deserves rest after all. I hope the DVD copy would be available in the market soon.  I'm excited to get one for my own copy. It really was a fun drama! It was wonderful... :P

I think this hobo style would be better with flip flops than sneakers hahaha  It's funny how western peeps make no fuss when celebs wearing flip-flops at casual event like this while it's not recommended in Korea :)  He said after wearing form-fitted clothing for the drama, he'd like to wear something comfy hence hobo Eric is back with a bit of stubble too.  It's like he's out to clear away Dokyung's image from viewers' mind saying I'm back to Eric hahahah

They're leaving fro Phuket on Sunday July 3rd :)

OOps just realize I made mistake there... I mean it's "funny how western peeps make NO fuss" not "make a fuss" XD

• Like 3

14 hours ago, icemaid said:

Hahaha I like his wak  e up look and attire for the wrap up party! :w00t:

Thank you for those pictures @Phi

You're welcome.  and thanks for sharing the wedding pics & gifs.  I still have a hangover of this drama and going through bad withdrawals. doesn't help that they keep updating photos on IG hahaha Praying  for Heo Jungmin & Eric's hanbok fashion at the airport leaving for Phuket HAHAHAHAHA

https://65.media.tumblr.com/0835ccc9fad12d294ee2eac60ab3722f/tumblr_o9koawJ5O51tici12o4_r1_1280.jpg

On 2016-06-29 at 3:05 AM, tok-soompi said:

There is one more.  He is a brave knight!

Source below from http://ericmun.tumblr.com/post/121835684014/150612-reason-why-a-celebrity-went-public-service

According to the plot, it was a scene where Eric was supposed to help Han Ji Min from a car accident.  However, the car did not stop due to the stunt man’s mistake, resulting the car to speed forward to Han Ji Min at 40 mph.

Seeing that (the car not stopping and barged toward them), Eric embraced Han Ji Min and the car crashed onto him.  According to the testimonies of people at the scene, Eric’s knee was hit and as he grasped onto Han Ji Min, he crashed once more on the car’s window.

Still embracing Han Ji Min, he was thrown into the air and rolled down to the ground. Han Ji Min suffered from relatively minor injuries, but Eric was hurt starting from his ankle to his spine.

In the midst of all that, Eric who was in the most pain, embraced Han Ji Min and comforted her by saying, “Ji Min, it’s alright. It’s alright.” ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Eric was rushed into the hospital.  Eric was diagnosed with 8 weeks (to recover & rests) and struggled with restricted mobility.  However, the first thing he asked right when he opened his eyes was Han Ji Min’s condition, “Is Ji Min fine?” ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

He’s amazing…bㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

Thanks for sharing this.

Not sure if you already seen but I also like this fanaccount of a guy who happened to be in the same army training camp with Eric for 4 weeks back in 2009.  His post title was "28 nights and 29 days of spectacular wiving with Eric"  AHAHAHAHA can you smell the fanboying coming?  XD  Just kidding, it's not all that, but from his post, we can see a side of this quiet Eric Mun and his character. 

Part 1: http://ericmun.tumblr.com/post/29465323712/090921-fan-account-28-nights-and-29-days-of
Part 2: http://ericmun.tumblr.com/post/29465993884/090921-fan-account-28-nights-and-29-days-of
Part 3: http://ericmun.tumblr.com/post/29466390070/090921-fan-account-28-nights-and-29-days-of

haha I don't mean to put him on a pedestal because I know he's NOT perfect.  But for the main part, he'd be some one I'd love to to have as a friend, an oppa, a husband, a Dad or a son.  Not because he's Shinhwa's Eric Mun, just because he's the person that he is.  This old birthday wish struck me hard because she wished to be his Mom instead of the more often GF or wife wish.  It's just beautiful, I had to screencap XD

tumblr_njwg4k9yYE1qckmvno1_1280.jpg

• Like 4

@Phi  I am not looking forward to seeing Eric in hanbok airport fashion but him in berms with flip flops!!! :w00t:

Am I the only one who likes him being so causal for the wrap up party! :lol:

Can't wait to read his translated interviews and next week's special episodes of AMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, icemaid said:

@Phi  I am not looking forward to seeing Eric in hanbok airport fashion but him in berms with flip flops!!! :w00t:

Am I the only one who likes him being so causal for the wrap up party! :lol:

Can't wait to read his translated interviews and next week's special episodes of AMO.

hahaha part of me want him to dress up a bit since the press is obviously there but the outfit isn't bad but it's just a bit funny you would think it's fall/winter seeing the top part but the bottom is Summer hahaha  Though, I see this look a lot on celeb in the west so I do like this casual / hobo look on him, and he does have his swagger that suit this kind style well.  I guess it's just the shock from a clean cut dressed up Dokyung to a hobo & rugged Eric in just 12hrs hahaha  This outfit and Heo Jungmin's aren't fashion terrorist, I had seen worse, much worse :)  I love how Heo Jungmin "complain" about it and asking Eric if they should go to the airport in hanbok in retaliation ahaha.  It's so like Hoon in the drama, some how it makes me feel like they're brothers in that short convo.

Been so busy to peek in at our OHYA thread (it often sucks me in if go in ahahah), so sad to see it ends.  btw, what's up with all the haters at Dramabeans' review of the last episode?  It may not be perfect but it's not a disaster as some thought.  I meant it's ok that every one see it in their perspective but some are just down right hateful and some of the things said make me wonder if I watch the same drama....

I can't wait for more interview.  How I wish some one translate Seo Hunjin's interview in full since aside from Eric bits that I saw got translated, she also touched on a few things like some viewers' complain about the wall kiss being violent as well as how she felt about the 2 episode extension... among other things.

I'm looking forward to the 2 episode special. It should be fun.  Really hope viki pick it up for the sub as well.  Does Dramafever do the the sub for the special episodes in other dramas? like DoTS?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Phi said:

Been so busy to peek in at our OHYA thread (it often sucks me in if go in ahahah), so sad to see it ends.  btw, what's up with all the haters at Dramabeans' review of the last episode?  It may not be perfect but it's not a disaster as some thought.  I meant it's ok that every one see it in their perspective but some are just down right hateful and some of the things said make me wonder if I watch the same drama....

I can't wait for more interview.  How I wish some one translate Seo Hunjin's interview in full since aside from Eric bits that I saw got translated, she also touched on a few things like some viewers' complain about the wall kiss being violent as well as how she felt about the 2 episode extension... among other things.

I'm looking forward to the 2 episode special. It should be fun.  Really hope viki pick it up for the sub as well.  Does Dramafever do the the sub for the special episodes in other dramas? like DoTS?

Dramabeans is filled with a lot of opinionated (and sometimes aggressive) people. It's both a good and a bad thing. I don't know if it's something you just learn, but I've read enough recaps and comments on there to be able to sense when the tide is turning on a drama. I stopped looking at any of their posts on this drama around episode 10. Seems that I made a good choice.

Oh, now I want to know what that interview says too. Hopefully someone will translate eventually. I'm not sure about Viki, but Dramafever subbed the special episode of Cheese in the Trap earlier this year, so I think it's pretty likely.

• Like 3

So after the peptalks and the promises they make, the also rehearse sincerely in preparation for the big Wall Kiss.  No wonder there wasn't any NG  :)

160630 Seo Hyun Jin Says Filming Kiss Scenes With Eric Felt Very Meticulous For “Oh Hae Young Again”

tumblr_inline_o9m2prwhob1qcufwd_500.jpg

During a wrap-up interview of “Oh Hae Young Again” on June 29, actress Seo Hyun Jin talked about the various kiss scenes she had with co-star Eric.

She says Eric was quite the perfectionist when filming, explaining, “It felt like we were rehearsing action scenes instead of romantic scenes. If our chemistry doesn’t match perfectly it will get awkward between us, so we rehearsed it very sincerely.”

Seo Hyun Jin also compliments Eric, saying, “He has very good ideas. He was the one who thought of the romantic scene in the last episode. He said that we should try different movements in order to highlight the fact that Jin Sang (Kim Ji Suk) is hiding.”

She also addresses the dramatically intimate scenes, jokingly saying, “The wall kiss scene was so intimate that we became unstoppable after that.”

Lastly, she says that Eric was hard to approach at first, explaining, “When I debuted as a singer, Eric was such a high senior to me that I couldn’t even look at his eyes. But the Eric that I met through ‘Oh Hae Young Again’ was a sweet and kind person. I think I’ve become good friends with Eric thanks to this drama.”

Source: (1) + via Soompi

• Like 2

[Interview] Eric, “Shin Hyesung was nervous in front of Seo Hyunjin”

tumblr_inline_o9m5rwHpC41rb7x3v_500.jpg

Eric received a lot of love acting as Park Dokyung in tvN’s “Another Miss Oh”, which ended amidst much attention, and that was possible because, behind him, he had the strong assistance(?) of the Shinhwa members.

An interview was held with actor Eric at a cafe in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, on the afternoon of the 30th. Eric put up a detailed portrayal of Park Dokyung, who had been hurt greatly but is a considerate person, and created yet another representative character. When talking about acting, his eyes shone with seriousness but that immediately turned mischievous when talking about the Shinhwa members.

Park Dokyung and Eric, when asked which was his true self, he said, “I’m not like this when I’m with the members but when I’m without them, I am shy with strangers, like Park Dokyung. Just like (Park) Dokyung, I don’t really show my inner side when I’m not with people I’m close to.” He added, “The perfectionist and strict side? I’m like that when recording. Which is why (Kim) Dongwan tries not to record with me. (Shin) Hyesung hates it. Minwoo is the type to keep going if he himself has even the smallest of dissatisfaction. Which is why the two of us work well together.”

The Shinhwa members watched ‘Another Miss Oh’. Eric conveyed his gratitude, saying, “Usually only Minwoo makes the effort to watch my dramas but this time round, everyone watched it (laughs).”

In reality, the Shinhwa members are said to carefully consider which parts to make fun of Eric when watching the dramas he acts in. Which side of Park Dokyung did they copy this time round? Eric smilingly said, “This character  isn’t a character that tries to act cool in a situation or outwardly shows it so the members couldn’t find a point to make fun of, be it from the lines or the actions. They just continuously made comments like, ‘It’s funny’, ‘What happens next?’, ‘Haeyoung is really pretty’, ‘Jiwon nuna is really funny’.”

By a chance of fate, the set for ‘Another Miss Oh’ happened to be next to the set of Mnet’s idol survival program, ‘Boys 24′, which Shin Hyesung and Lee Minwoo are appearing in. Thanks to that, Shin Hyesung, an ardent viewer of ‘Another Miss Oh’, was able to say hi to Seo Hyunjin. “When I had breaks in my filming, I would go over and hang around with Minwoo. Not too long ago, I went over with (Seo) Hyunjin and asked her to say hi to Hyesung. Hyunjin said she was really nervous but in fact, (Shin) Hyesung was even more nervous (laughs). I think that’s why he said, ‘I’m really enjoying the drama’ while giving a 90 degree bow. I guess he was really enjoying the drama.”

tumblr_inline_o9m7ma0GB31rb7x3v_500.jpg

Indeed it is when Eric talks about the Shinhwa members that he has a glow on his face. The members were there when he started out in the entertainment industry and are still with him now, and the friendship that has built up over the years is tremendous. It is also because of the fans, who went through difficult times with them and waited for them, that the Shinhwa now exists.

“There are times where things just fizzle out when you can’t see what’s ahead and don’t know what to do aren’t there? But 4 years ago, we said to meet again 4 years later at Shinhwa’s concert, and it is because of that promise and justification that we are able to continue on till now. In truth, after 4 years, the environment has changed and we had to get together on our own to produce an album. There were also limitations on using the name ‘Shinhwa’. There were a lot of problems we had to solve. We only had the wish to once again promote actively when in actual fact, it was really difficult. But still, all of us worked hard, and the fans simply waited for us. I am just thankful for all that.”

At the end, he added, “We are planning to promote with a new Shinhwa album at the end of the year so please wait for us.”

sr: sportschosun
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

DIRECT LINK

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hooklinesinker said:

Dramabeans is filled with a lot of opinionated (and sometimes aggressive) people. It's both a good and a bad thing. I don't know if it's something you just learn, but I've read enough recaps and comments on there to be able to sense when the tide is turning on a drama. I stopped looking at any of their posts on this drama around episode 10. Seems that I made a good choice.

Oh, now I want to know what that interview says too. Hopefully someone will translate eventually. I'm not sure about Viki, but Dramafever subbed the special episode of Cheese in the Trap earlier this year, so I think it's pretty likely.

I don't go often for that same reason.  It still sad to see how some one are just meant to hate/bash/attack rather than constructive 'critique'.  I don't follow most of Dramabeans' recaps consistently on other dramas to see it it's the same type of behavior there too or just OHYA.  It feels the bashing/attack are mostly instigate more when fans of certain actor/actress think their bias didn't get a good development (and I meant in general, not just OHYA). 

This one commentor was saying Haeyoung loves DK because she felt/sensed that he really needed her.  So now HY is Mother Teresa, who loves someone just because he needs her?... I  can't help but laugh if we watch the same drama  XD

It's really a pity because of those people, it sucks the life out of a drama for those enjoying it....

Thanks for the info on Dramafever.  Fingers crossed they'll sub OHYA's 2 episode special

• Like 2

Bit and pieces from Eric, Hyunjin & Hyebin's after drama interview.

CmPTmfrUkAEoaE-.jpg

CmPTngdVYAABt7P.jpg

CmPUcAeUgAA2FV3.jpg

CmPah4CUkAAt0sa.jpg

It's nice seeing Eric putting himself out there when he picked the similarity to Dokyung.
He said frankly instead of picking Dokyung's tsundere traits that both Hyunjin & Hyebin consistently said about Eric. :) 

CmPdJAZUsAA3d-G.jpg

CmPfu00UsAAYYLy.jpg

CmKh-GsUoAA8HT0.jpg

CmKRR4DVEAEG5Wr.jpg

Another version

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9750c880227c2dd1932f351c6173e0cb/tumblr_o9koawJ5O51tici12o2_r1_1280.jpg

CmP5g_yVMAEVO1r.jpg

CmPzuNgUMAAvkrE.jpg

QUESTIONS:  "Is the 'tsundere' character similar to Eric's real-life relationship style?"

CmPv9gpUkAAVaeR.jpg

The other parts of Hyunjin's Interview

CmLGfowWAAANLHv.jpg

Q: "ideal husband type?"

Seo Hyunjin: "I just wish he's not a cheater" (src: edaily)

CmLHwKeXIAAVC42.jpg

CmJ49cOVAAA3Phe.jpg

CmJ1OWPVAAM-LZt.jpg

• Like 3

[Interview] How ‘Another Miss Oh’ fan Eric says goodbye to Park Dokyung

tumblr_inline_o9ma9jVk3s1rb7x3v_500.jpg

“What interests me the most these days is watching ‘Another Miss Oh’ and it has ended. I don’t know how I should spend the rest of my time.”

That is what Eric, who has to say goodbye to Park Dokyung, said. It was like watching a scene from ‘Another Miss Oh’ where Park Dokyung is having a consultation with his psychiatrist. That was how sad he looked to have to say goodbye.

We met actor Eric at a cafe in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, on the afternoon of the 30th, after the end of ‘Another Miss Oh’. Eric revealed his thoughts on acting as Park Dokyung and the sorrow of it ending.

Eric received much love from the viewers through tvN’s Mon-Tue drama ‘Another Miss Oh’ and the character Park Dokyung. From being a ‘tsundere’ to moments of sweetness, each and every word he said not only made the Haeyoung in the show laugh and cry but all the Haeyoungs throughout the nation too. It’s unfortunate to have to say goodbye to the one who made us forget our Monday blues but the saddest person is Eric himself.

“I wished the drama wouldn’t end. The sorrow at not being able to see these people, not being able to watch ‘Another Miss Oh’ is great. At the wrap party yesterday, the other actors agreed with this, with everyone saying they wouldn’t be attracted to other works quickly. In all the dramas I’ve been in, this was the one where the chemistry with the actors and the atmosphere on set was the best. Being able to smile while helping each other, and not have any accidents happening, I think I wouldn’t be able to find another drama where everything came together as nicely again. It isn’t easy for an actor to find a ‘representative piece of work’ after all.”

tumblr_inline_o9mbrlout91rb7x3v_500.jpg

The tone in which Eric used to explain Park Dokyung is still full of affection. “Park Dokyung experienced a huge trauma, and is someone who tries to hide that. The memory of his father disappearing quietly when he was young, a mother who makes life difficult for him, and a woman who he loved that broke the promise and disappeared on the day of the wedding. Which is why, in the end, he became ‘incapable of emotions’. Park Dokyung didn’t want to be hurt again because he had been hurt too many times, and Haeyoung was the one who changed him.”

Eric said he ‘stuck as closely to the script as possible’ in acting Park Dokyung. Eric’s version of Park Dokyung, which followed the writer and director’s intent as well as his detailed expression, completely won the hearts of the female viewers. However, because he had mainly portrayed characters who expressed their emotions outwardly, like in ‘Phoenix’ and ‘Discovery of Romance’, he was initially worried if Park Dokyung, who suppresses his feelings, would be boring.

“The character Park Dokyung has a lot locked up so I thought he might be monotonous when acting him. Actually, in the early episodes of the drama, Park Dokyung was in control so I was worried what if he looked too boring and unappealing. But as time passed, I decided on having a ‘blank’ when acting Dokyung. Because in real life, people who have been hurt often, don’t have big actions either. Those blanks were filled up by the music and visuals which actually delivered the emotions better to the viewers.”

The Park Dokyung played by Eric is a top sound director in South Korea. His looks and skills are all perfect but he is sensitive and has an abrasive personality. Eric was extremely pleased by the sound director job that Park Dokyung has. Eric and the sound guys in the show personally learnt from ‘Another Miss Oh’s’ sound director, which is yet another part where he paid much attention to the details. “He made it possible for us to learn on set. Creating sounds, and then really adding them in was what we learnt and what he taught us. A job has always been just a way to not portray the character as an unemployed person in dramas but in ‘Another Miss Oh’, Park Dokyung’s hearing and his job itself are extremely closely connected to the incidents. I liked that it was treated in-depth.”

tumblr_inline_o9mdoevhNF1rb7x3v_500.jpg

Actually, why Eric really feels sad about saying goodbye to ‘Another Miss Oh’ is not because of Park Dokyung but it is the people that were with him and also the set. Throughout the interview, he showed his affection for the set where he had spent months filming in, by calling it ‘the perfect place.’

“There is this weird and distorted view that to be a good celebrity, you have to be a little arrogant, abrasive and conceited. Which is why those who are kind and considerate of others are less able to appeal to others and find it hard to get the attention of others, which is why I like that these kind people are getting the attention. I hope they become better known and want to cheer them on even more. No matter how good someone’s acting is and how well loved one is, if he isn’t like that in real life, it’s difficult to cheer him on isn’t it? I like that the drama, which I worked on with truly nice people, did well.”

Eric expressed his gratitude to those who made ‘Another Miss Oh’ with him. Although his tone sounded indifferent, much like Park Dokyung, at the heart of it, is filled with feelings of warmth. He said, “Not just Dokyung and Haeyoung, but Sookyung nuna, Jinsang, Anna, and even the guys from the recording studio are all well loved. That’s really something to be thankful for. It is sad but the others will soon work on other dramas and greet the viewers again but I hope the viewers will shower them with lots of love and support then too, just like now.”

“What interests me the most these days is watching ‘Another Miss Oh’, now that it has ended, I don’t know what to do with my time. At least there’s still a special broadcast next week so I’m looking forward to that. Towards the end, we had to film for 5 days straight with no sleep for around 2 weeks, and at that time, (Seo) Hyunjin fell asleep in between takes, and made ‘yamyamyam’ murmurs. I hope things like that would appear in the behind the scenes. (laughs)”

sr: Sportschosun
translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

DIRECT LINK

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Phi said:

@willenette, Thanks for sharing.  I love that despite it wasn't highly rated and may be slow for some, Discovery of Love is still consider a good rom-com especially for it's well written / quotable lines.   I'm happy Eric's last 2 dramas achieve is well received (by critique & the public).

I think this hobo style would be better with flip flops than sneakers hahaha  It's funny how western peeps make no fuss when celebs wearing flip-flops at casual event like this while it's not recommended in Korea :)  He said after wearing form-fitted clothing for the drama, he'd like to wear something comfy hence hobo Eric is back with a bit of stubble too.  It's like he's out to clear away Dokyung's image from viewers' mind saying I'm back to Eric hahahah

They're leaving fro Phuket on Sunday July 3rd :)

OOps just realize I made mistake there... I mean it's "funny how western peeps make NO fuss" not "make a fuss" XD

Hi Phi,   I love this drama. A drama with a simple and straight forward story.  I wasn't expecting much from the drama but it definitely exceeded my expectations and turn out to be a great drama for me.  Eric is a pretty solid actor and doesn't give the idol actor feel at all (I guess because he has been acting for around many years already).  I think the drama did a good job in handling the relationships in the drama and the characters are really realistic so it's a big + point. It has it flaws but I have to give this drama credit for exceeding expectations. True, it wasn't highly rated since as far as I remember it only had single-digit TV ratings. But, I couldn't agree with you more - it's still considered a good - rom-com. About his get-up during the wrap-up party, it's fine with me that he was wearing that sneakers instead of a flip-flops.  Well, a conservative foreign country like South Korea what you wear is a matter of safety. ... Don't leave the house in your flip flops. ...as much as possible.  Everyone has their own sense of style but not everyone will appreciate it. Thanks for the info about their departure date for Phuket. :P

• Like 1

[News] Eric, “Shinhwa comes before acting”

Eric revealed that activities for his group ‘Shinhwa’ comes before his solo acting activities.

At the wrap-up interview for tvN’s Mon-Tue drama ‘Another Miss Oh’ held on the afternoon of the 30th at Bardot Cheongdam, Seoul, Eric said, “Shinhwa comes before my acting.”

On this day, when asked about how he selects a drama, Eric said, “I choose based on the script. Because Shinhwa’s concert is dependent on the concert venue, I reject scripts that come in if it overlaps with Shinhwa’s promotions,” revealing that he places Shinhwa’s activities ahead of his own acting activities. 

tumblr_inline_o9mj5oCedr1rb7x3v_500.jpg

Eric also showed his affection for Shinhwa, which he has been a part of for a long time. Eric said, “I met the members at a young age, in my early twenties and have been with them for more than 10 years while promoting as Shinhwa. It’s difficult to negate those times. It was also through Shinhwa that I was able to become an actor.”

When asked about his next drama, Eric also spoke of the plans for Shinhwa’s promotions. Eric said, “Shinhwa will release an album in the year-end and will be promoting in Korea. After that, we will be having our Asia Tour till March,” revealing that, in the near future, he will be focusing on Shinhwa’s activities instead of his acting.

sr: Sportsq

DIRECT LINK

• Like 2

I hope Eric back soon in his solo activities before Shinhwa comeback. He can do fan meeting like other members did/do, collaboration works. I really hope he can get at least one CF. But it seems difficult.

The Richyun shipper going crazy about their interviews, including myself XD. I'm sure they both feeling something. At least during the drama. But after drama end, I'm not sure. Eric will be so busy again with his Shinhwa album preparation. Most likely, he will be with Minwoo all the time...puhahaha...

Years ago, when QSS finished filming, everyone started to ship Eric and Yumi because of their chemistry. Even that time there was a rumour that his relationship with park Shi Yeon, broken up because of Yumi. But the truth was revealed years later that two of them even didn't contact each other till the next project, Discovery of Romance XD. See, this is why I don't want to be die hard shipper.

But one thing for sure, Eric seems really has 'something' with Han Ji Min. I don't know why it did't get translated by fans but reporter asked who's actress he wanna act with and he AGAIN answered Han Ji Min. Oh well, after they almost 'died' together and he saved her life till get injured, she must be really something for him ;) But it's good to know they still being friend until now.

• Like 2

[Interview] "Oh Hae-Young Again" Eric Moon meets his life drama

photo741349.jpg

Group Shinhwa's Eric Moon met his life drama. He's become the 'romantic comedy king or roco king' and he's met so many precious people through it.

tvN drama "Oh Hae-Young Again" is about a woman named Oh Hae-yeong (Seo Hyeon-jin) whose life is tangled up because of another Oh Hae-yeong (Jeon Hye-bin) who is more successful than her. Between them there is a man named Park Do-kyeong (Eric Moon) who is a music director and Oh Hae-yeong's lover.

Eric decided to do the drama because of Park Do-kyeong. "I thought Park Do-kyeong had every element of a man I would consider cool. He acts cool, he doesn't try to be acknowledged by others and doesn't take credit to himself".

The second thing that took Eric Moon's heart was the script. He thought the role of the male character wasn't too big when he saw the script. However, he saw the potential in the script. Also, the people around him suggested working with director Song Hyeon-wook. "I heard a lot of good things about him and that I would learn a lot from him".

photo741347.jpg

A third element in Eric Moon's decision to be in the drama was because it was a romantic comedy. "I am also a part of Shinhwa so I can't use up all my time in acting alone. I have to do a little bit of both and a romantic comedy could bring out the best effect". There is no need for big actions and he's found what he likes.

Eric's role of Park Do-kyeong looks uninterested on the outside but is actually very affectionate on the inside and he takes care of Oh Hae-yeong. He worries about her living alone so he leaves his shoes at her house. When he gives her a birthday present, he's shy so he tells her it was something he had lying around. Eric says, "I get a feeling once I look at a script after being in romrnatic comedies so many times now. I tried to bring out the best in what the writer had in mind".

Park Do-kyeong has a special gift. He can see the future very suddenly. Eric found it hard to act this part out because if he didn't do it right, the drama could turn very childish.

Eric overcame this concern with the faith of the staff and crew. "I put all my faith in them. They helped me make a better scene with the cameras or music or technology".

He mentioned the director of photography Han Dong-hyeon and said, "He's the best when it comes to filming. I read an interview of his and he said he researched me and Hyeon-jin for 2 weeks, watching our work and working out the camera angle. Maybe that's why I looked so good in the drama and so did Hyeon-jin".

photo741348.jpg

Eric Moon picked out the 'wall kiss' and 'helping hug' as his favorite scenes. He said, "The wall kiss was where Do-kyeong and Hae-yeong burst out their emotions all at once. There was a lot of pressure because the intensity was high but after that everything was easy".

Filming the scene where Hae-yeong runs and leaps into his arms, Eric wasn't so sure. Seo Hyeon-jin had to wear a wire without practice for the first time in her life so time got delayed and the scene had no music so it looked awkward and comical. Eric felt better when the music was put in. "I think the music made the scene look very fantastical. The music saved it".

"Oh Hae-Young Again" is a meaningful drama to Eric Moon. It brought him the nickname 'romantic comedy king' and quenched his thirst for a successful drama he hasn't had the taste of recently. "Oh Hae-Young Again" continued with good grades ever since the first episode and the final episode hit a record breaking 9.991% in cable drama history.

"My performance? I am happy with it. I have greed for acting now. I didn't know what I wanted to do after a drama in the past, but now I am stimulated. Those people around me have stimulated me; they would laugh and joke during a break but turn their faces around inside the set".

Eric Moon says the drama feels more special because he's worked with so many precious people. "We all agreed we won't be able to get out of "Oh Hae-Young Again" easily. We wonder if we'll ever meet anything that's this satisfying. I can surely say "Oh Hae-Young Again" is my life's work".

In the near future, Eric Moon is going back to singing for a while. Then he might come back with acting. "The most important thing is that the drama has to be fun" he says.

Source : -Young Again” Eric me...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 4

[Interview] Eric, “’Incapable of emotions’ Park Dokyung is within me”

tumblr_inline_o9ml3fJrdl1rb7x3v_500.jpg

Actor Eric talked about how Park Dokyung is similar to himself.

There was an interview with Eric in a cafe in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th, where Eric talked about the similarities between him and the character Park Dokyung.

Eric played Park Dokyung in the much-talked about tvN drama “Another Miss Oh” that ended recently. He portrayed, in detail, a character who was badly hurt by the bad memories of his father’s passing and his love disappearing on the day of their wedding. Also, the ardent romance he had in the show with Oh Haeyoung (Seo Hyunjin) even urged female viewers nationwide to go home early.

Taking out parts of yourself, magnifying it for the character and showing it is an actor’s skill and virtue. In that sense, Eric has taken a thorough look into the character Park Dokyung, and through that, has also discovered himself.

Q: How did you want to define Park Dokyung?
“Firstly, he underwent a major trauma, and is someone who tries to hide that. The memory of his father disappearing quietly from his side, the woman he loved breaking her promise and disappearing on the day of their wedding, those are his wounds. And how he became ‘incapable of emotions’. He is a man who has too much wounds that he doesn’t want to get hurt again.”

Q: He was especially popular with women. That ‘tsundere’ side to him, is it similar to how Eric dates in real life too?
“Park Dokyung does quite fit into what I think of as a great guy. Prior to this, I have always played guys who are sort of like a playboy, seducing women, showing his charms. In reality, it’s all because it is acting, I don’t think that is great. Instead of outwardly showing that I did something good, how Dokyung doesn’t show it actually has more sincerity. Instead of saying how you will turn out, how I have done this for you, being supportive without showing, like how Dokyung does it, is something even I think is great.”

Q: Then, if you are Park Dokyung, Seo Haeyoung and Jun Haeyoung, who would you choose?
“Judging on the person, it will definitely be Just Oh Haeyoung. Yeah (laughs) She is someone whose wedding was completely messed up. To someone who has a trauma of people leaving, the shock of being left behind at such an important moment would’ve been massive.”

Q: Are there similarities between Park Dokyung and Eric?
“There are similarities between me and Park Dokyung, who doesn’t show his inner feelings. Being in the entertainment industry for a long time, whether it is the managers or singers I promoted with, they all disappear after we become friends, or they go to other agencies after we become really close. In the end, the only people I can truly bare my soul to are the SHinhwa members. After that, I don’t really work hard to become close to the people I meet. This is what connects me with Dokyung.”

Q: What is your actual ideal type?
“It keeps changing. I think it’s really not that important. But what never changes is the voice and tone. A warm tone, one that isn’t too high or strong, that’s the kind of voice I like. It’s difficult to understand a person based on looks alone. That’s why I hope her voice is nice.”

Q: Previously you’ve used Mun Junghyuk when acting.
“Initially, when I was filming ‘Breathless’, the director said he hoped I could use the name Mun Junghyuk. I didn’t want the image of me as Shinhwa’s Eric to be an interference either, and hoped people will see me just as an actor. That’s why I started using my Korean name.”

Q: But this time it’s just ‘Eric’.
“At some point in time, it just didn’t seem that important to differentiate between Mun Junghyuk and Eric. If the production company wants me to use Eric, it’s fine with me too. I’ve been in the industry for a long time, and even if I use Mun Junghyuk, people will still think of me as Eric (laughs). Instead of uselessly creating confusion, I think it’s better to go towards what is advantageous.”

Q: A genre you’d like to try?
“The scenarios or my acting will continue to change, so instead of action or noir genres, I think I will have more dramas that appeal on an emotional level. So ultimately it’s still ‘romantic comedy’. Instead of saying it suits me, since they will be different depending on the time and moment, I think as a drama watched on TV, that is the most interesting genre. Korea’s romance comedy dramas are the best.”

sr: Sportschosun

DIRECT LINK

• Like 5

Q: Are there similarities between Do Kyung and Eric?

A: YES. Both are talk less do more :)

I'm so happy Eric seems close with his new buddy Ho Jung Min. He seems quiet active in SNS. So, knowing Eric is that low key, we have another source for his news/gossips beside uri Minwoo ssi XD.

10 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

The Richyun shipper going crazy about their interviews, including myself XD. I'm sure they both feeling something. At least during the drama. But after drama end, I'm not sure. Eric will be so busy again with his Shinhwa album preparation. Most likely, he will be with Minwoo all the time...puhahaha...

Years ago, when QSS finished filming, everyone started to ship Eric and Yumi because of their chemistry. Even that time there was a rumour that his relationship with park Shi Yeon, broken up because of Yumi. But the truth was revealed years later that two of them even didn't contact each other till the next project, Discovery of Romance XD. See, this is why I don't want to be die hard shipper.

But one thing for sure, Eric seems really has 'something' with Han Ji Min. I don't know why it did't get translated by fans but reporter asked who's actress he wanna act with and he AGAIN answered Han Ji Min. Oh well, after they almost 'died' together and he saved her life till get injured, she must be really something for him ;) But it's good to know they still being friend until now.

@PutriSalju, haha may be it's too long ago but I don't feel there was "something" with Han JiMin.  May be because Korea Secret Agent story wasn't really focus on romance.  I feel the chemistry more in the 3 episodes of Wolf than Korea Secret Agent.  Eric also said he'd like to work with Yumi and Hyunjin again too.  I think it's a courtesy to say, thou, these are all good actresses so definitely a yes for me too :D  

I ship RicHyun cuz they're cute and obviously for a good reason.  He did quite a few romcom but none he's this active.  I really love the atmosphere that was in Discovery of Romance production and his chemistry with Yumi but OHYA is 10 times better.  I guess part of it is OHA script has more intimate scenes than QSS or DoR.  Eric & Hyunjin really really work together well to make their scenes memorable.  It's often harder for the actresses to let her guard down for those intimate scenes because of image.  I'm glad she corporate well with Eric and they make those intimate scenes and kisses so natural.  Not just that, when they cry or play dovey dovey... you do feel the butterflies :) 

I really hope these 2 will win the best couple at the award in October :) 

@innasalvatore  & @willentte, thanks for sharing the interviews.  Quiet Eric only open up more to the people he knows well.  It has been that way.  There're time I wish he could be a social butterfly like Minwoo or Junjin hahaha but it's not for the introvert him. It's ok to have a few good friends but I hope he'll keep the relationship with some of these OHYA team.  It's hard after the drama is over an every body move on to something else. Friendship often die out when we don't have anything to chat/talk about...

I love Eric's interviews. He's frank and mention alot of people from Shinhwa to many of OHYA co-stars and production staffs.  I hope to see more translation on the things he talked about the drama :) 

• Like 3