160518 ‘Oh Hae Young Again’ Eric, the ‘fatal tsundere’ follow-up of Song Joong Ki

tumblr_inline_o7ddnxo7PR1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Every woman’s dream guy – a ‘tsundere’ who is only warm to his girl. Here in tvN ’Oh Hae Young Again’, Eric is sporting this ‘tsundere’ character outstandingly. Thanks to him, hearts are pounding loud weekly.

In the 6th episode of ‘Oh Hae Young Again’ that aired the past 17th, Oh Hae Young (played by Seo Hyun Jin) has started to get on Park Do Kyung’s (played by Eric) nerves. Feeling as if it was his fault she got dumped by her fiancé a day before her wedding day, Park Do Kyung kept trying to set boundaries between Oh Hae Young to prevent further problems from arising, but he’s been unconsciously developing a soft spot for Oh Hae Young.

His ‘Tsundere’ charm outshined even more so. Late night, hearing that it was Oh Hae Young’s birthday, Park Do Kyung knocked onto her room to wish her a happy belated birthday. Oh Hae Young was spotted eating seaweed soup alone. As she stood still startled at the unexpected visitor, Park Do Kyung handed out alcohol and snacks saying, “I heard it’s your birthday. You should at least enjoy yourself some birthday drink. Set up the table. I’ll head over there.”

Oh Hae Young had a ‘mini heart attack’. Soon after, the couple began enjoying their beer, taking a seat facing each other. “I always had it”, said Park Do Kyung, as he casually hands over a music box to Oh Hae Young. Following on, Do Kyung mentions in a blunt tone, “Stop carrying around that doll. That thing makes weird noises”.

Eric’s “I always had it” script left a strong impression. Its resonance was almost as deep as his lifelong trademark “Don’t you smell something burning?” line from “Fire Bird”. This line circulated until the drama ended.

tumblr_inline_o7ddo8g2g11qcufwd_1280.jpg

Park Do Kyung realized that Oh Hae Young pretends she has a boyfriend and puts on an act whenever she orders food over the phone. When the ordered pizza finally delivered to her house late that night, he slipped himself over to her room, casually acting as if he’s her boyfriend. But after the delivery man disappeared into the dark, he returned back to his own room.

Once again, his ‘tsundere’ charm does not stop here. “I’ll put away the furniture in front of the room. If a weird guy breaks in, you would need a place to use as a hideout”, says Park Do Kyung, announcing that he’ll finally open the entrance of his room. “It’s noisy how you always bump into furniture during the night. I always had it. Stop crashing into things, and keep it there”, says Do Kyung as he hands out a light stand.

The shorter Eric’s script is, the brighter his deep eyes shine. Each and every pieces complete ‘tsundere charming guy’ Park Do Kyung. The KBS 2TV 'Sun of Descendants’ Yoo Shi Jin (played by Song Joong Ki) fascination that’s been ongoing until last month is now conquered by Park Do Kyung.

Source: OSEN + translation by Eric Mun.tumblr

• Like 2

[Op-Ed] “Another Miss Oh” Falling for Eric’s detailed acting

tumblr_inline_o7bo3i2loH1rb7x3v_1280.jpg

A bronzed skin through which his passion can be felt, and the intense acting that surges out from it. Eric talking with a fiery gaze, as if an unknowing deep melancholy glimmers in every moment.

Eric is receiving exceptional affection and attention from female viewers while going back and forth between the pent-up frustration and rage towards his ex-girlfriend and the flutters he has towards the girl he is flirting with.

He appears as Park Dokyung, a sound director who has the perfect qualities in tvN’s Mon-Tues drama “Another Miss Oh” and is coined as a “RomCom King”. The drama is a romance drama that talks about the happenings between Park Dokyung and 2 women of the same name, Oh Haeyoung.

(omit “Another Miss Oh” ep 5 content)

This year is his 12th year as an actor. From the son of a Group owner to an ex-boyfriend, Eric’s transformation in acting shines. He has always shown a depth to his acting. Seeing him overcome reality and achieving a great love resonates well with the viewers. He is not only a member of group Shinhwa, he has been acknowledged for his acting and is chosen as an actor who works hard.

At a press conference held on the 16th, Eric said, “I think I met a charismatic character. After listening to the writer and producers, I am just faithfully following the script and am just feeling thankful that I am receiving so much love.”

sr: Osen
translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

• Like 1

“Oh Hae Young Again” Reveals Packed Filming Schedule And What They’ve Got Planned

“Oh Hae Young Again” Reveals Packed Filming Schedule And What They’ve Got Planned

Starting next week, the drama “Oh Hae Young Again” will be filming for seven days straight.

A representative for the drama said, “Until now, we’ve been taking Mondays off and filming from Tuesday to Sunday. But starting next week, we’re filming for seven consecutive days. We will be filming scenes for multiple episodes.”

oh hae young again

The representative also revealed that the major events have been planned for all 16 episodes. In addition, the scripts have been completed up until Episode 10. Although all the important lines and events have been planned, the production staff adapt the details in order to fit the audiences’ response.

Eric Seo Hyun Jin

“The viewers seem to enjoy Eric and Seo Hyun Jin’s story, so we’re trying hard to build their romance,” they said. “We also still have to address Park Do Kyung [Eric]‘s family history and reveal the secrets behind Han Tae Jin [Lee Jae Yoon].”

As for Park Soo Kyung (Ye Ji Won) and Lee Jin Sang (Kim Ji Suk)’s romance, they said, “The two actors are also careful not to reveal anything about the couple beforehand.”

“Oh Hae Young Again” has been consistently beating its own viewership record, raising questions about possible extensions or incentives for the cast. “We’ve been asking the actors but nothing has been decided yet,” the representative concluded.

You can watch the latest episode of the drama, about a man who can see the possible futures between two women with the same name, below:

Source (1)

SOOMPI

3 hours ago, Phi said:

Thanks @willenette for sharing.  I watch Super Rookie first before I watched Phoenix and for some reason I was more attracted to Super Rookie more even though a lot of Eric fans become a fans from Phoenix... Must admit I like the story line in Phoenix but I just that charming Jungmin can't take Kangho's place.  I guess the 1st moment of attraction is more memorable :) 

Hi Phi, actually, I wasn't able to finish watching Phoenix I guess because I knew that Eric isn't the male lead there after all. I love SR's story except the floppy-haired Eric there - hahaha. The drama is about the passive cruelty of the K-corporate world and the perseverance needed to survive. There was something utterly charming about Eric’s "useless character" there.  There’s a lot of office politics in this drama and as nice as it was to see Eric overcome adversity and prevail.  Eric was way hotter in "Que Sera Sera" though. :P

Guest loveoppayam

@Phi Oenni, nice to meet you again. I follow your twitter too. You are source of Shinhwa information, and the reliable one ^^.

I don't know I always fall in love everytime Eric do his drama. I think he only choose good/great drama or he choose character that suit him, and he play those character really well :wub:

22 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Phi, actually, I wasn't able to finish watching Phoenix I guess because I knew that Eric isn't the male lead there after all. I love SR's story except the floppy-haired Eric there - hahaha. The drama is about the passive cruelty of the K-corporate world and the perseverance needed to survive. There was something utterly charming about Eric’s "useless character" there.  There’s a lot of office politics in this drama and as nice as it was to see Eric overcome adversity and prevail.  Eric was way hotter in "Que Sera Sera" though. :P

I think it wasn't because Eric wasn't lead character in Phoenix that I didn't like it more than Super Rookie but I guess it was my 1st encounter with Eric Mun that left deeper impression than the other one.  And when I chose Super Rookie from the DVD rental place, I was looking for something light and funny.  My friends tease me how come I like chubby slacker Kangho (SR) more than handsome Jungmin (Phoenix), even with the " floppy-haired" hahahaha I thought he was cute with that long wavy hair :D

@loveoppayam, woooo you're on twitter too? which one is you? :)   I'm not really good with Shinhwa info. It's just I repost stuffs here and at Shinhwa thread (used to) that I remember things but my memory getting worse XD

I think Eric (and all other actors/actresses) do their best in picking the best dramas (be it rating or the quality of scrip/production) but it's hard to say how things turn out.  I'm glad the last 2 dramas are good.  DoR is slow and may not win many hearts but it was well received by critics as well as earning Eric's a triple crowns at year end award despite it wasn't a huge rating for KBS.  I'm so happy with Another Miss Oh.  I think it's good to choose a project/character that suit the actors' & actresses' (whether comfort zone or to challenge themselves). I'm glad Eric has tried several different roles.  I hope he will get to act that role of Matt Bomer in White Collar.  I'm also craving for an action drama/movie... I want to see his MMA skills in action :D 

tvN is polling favorite moment that makes your heart flutter most...

if you have twitter, head over and clock in your choice :) 

1.For Haeyoung's safety

Ci8tcnOUYAIjg6F.jpg

2. Act like Haeyoung's boyfriend

Ci8tcoqUgAAvjTO.jpg

3. Sincerely 'The way u eat is pretty'

Ci8tcpXUoAATZAB.jpg

4. Empbrace Haeyoung who jump high to hug him tightly

Ci8ti5dUUAEuN-y.jpg

5.Follow Haeyoung to act like couple

Ci8ti7HUkAA0Q5L.jpg

6. Give gifts in a cool chic way

Ci8ti9rUgAEjQ5m.jpg

trans: noo_np

160515 Another Miss Oh BTS #3

Some Translation pointers:

● Noodle Scene
Hyunjin: I almost spit on him!
Eric: I waited until your mouth became full (to say my line)

● Flying Hug Scene:
Hyunjin: This wire action is more dangerous to Eric oppa than to me. I just kicked him with my knee
During camera-check after the wire action, Eric kept hold of the wire attached to Hyunjin so that it doesn’t bother her

(translation by klee0216)

Tsundere Eric Mun IS tsundere Park Do Kyung ♥

http://i.imgur.com/P5E2Iyn.gif

http://i.imgur.com/xp8B9o9.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Yi70EKl.gif

http://i.imgur.com/zRtXBdA.gif

http://i.imgur.com/2eSM9SB.gif

160519 Another Miss Oh BTS #4

• Hilarious moment of Ye Jiwon chasing Kim Jisuk on the street
  • Eric & Jeon Hyebin blowing air to each other face during their romantic scene
  • Sweet moment of Eric & Hyejin after she was embarrassed with showing her back/behind to the camera.

Cr: ericmun.tumblr

• Like 1

The drama is doing soo pretty well so far. Hopefully things go perfectly as they're now. I read an article on Soompi that writers thinking of extension to the drama. hmm I dunno but extensions don't do good for the dramas all the time. At times it backfires, & I'm afraid that they continue the drama wz extension idea on their minds, leading them up to slow events down. Dear writers, don't mess up with the drama okay? It's been on the lead, keep it on the lead! plz! 
& The articles, no eng trans .. I saw an article I figured out it was talking about a controversy or so, waited & waited for trans .................... If only I knew Korean, I'd have done that job then.
btw, I've noticed they don't pay attention to some details in the drama :D .. like DoKyung's or HY's hair or style change right in the next shot or she was holding the can wz her right hand that turned into left hand in the close up shot ..etc :D .. it kinda brings me outta of the scene mood & laugh lol .. hopefully they take care of such details ^_^ 

Time for some gif spam :P 

True love isn’t only based on romance, candle light dinner & walks along the beach.
In fact, is based on respect, compromise, caring, and trust.

:heart:

tumblr_o7ht9rlk6N1rvbzggo4_400.gif tumblr_o7ht9rlk6N1rvbzggo5_400.gif

tumblr_o7ht9rlk6N1rvbzggo3_400.gif tumblr_o7ht9rlk6N1rvbzggo6_400.gif

tumblr_o7ht9rlk6N1rvbzggo2_400.gif tumblr_o7ht9rlk6N1rvbzggo8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o7ht9rlk6N1rvbzggo9_r1_400.gif tumblr_o7ht9rlk6N1rvbzggo1_400.gif

see her happiness after Do Kyung's text msg? I can totally feel her :D 

then comes the time where that “virtual husband” answers the call lol  :D:D:D:D   

tumblr_o7jvfl4t9i1rvbzggo4_400.gif tumblr_o7jvfl4t9i1rvbzggo1_400.gif

tumblr_o7jvfl4t9i1rvbzggo6_400.gif tumblr_o7jvfl4t9i1rvbzggo5_400.gif

tumblr_o7jvfl4t9i1rvbzggo3_400.gif tumblr_o7jvfl4t9i1rvbzggo2_400.gif

This moment! Another favorite one!
DoKyung's cuteeeeeee awkwardness while giving Hae Young the birthday gift! soooo adorable giving reason after reason for the gift lol .. the message successfully delivered to her, Do Kyung ;) 
and it's Eric & the rabbits again :D:D 

tumblr_o7e8fw80Iz1rvbzggo3_400.gif tumblr_o7e8fw80Iz1rvbzggo1_400.gif

tumblr_o7e8fw80Iz1rvbzggo5_400.gif tumblr_o7e8fw80Iz1rvbzggo6_400.gif

tumblr_o7e8fw80Iz1rvbzggo2_400.gif tumblr_o7e8fw80Iz1rvbzggo4_400.gif

…I wanted to have an excuse to see him somehow, even if it was acting. I wanted to see him. If somebody else did the same things to me, would I like it the same way? No.. I just liked him from the beginning ♥”

how can we not fall in love with him?! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

tumblr_o7bmm5ZeiI1rvbzggo2_r1_400.gif tumblr_o7bmm5ZeiI1rvbzggo7_400.gif

tumblr_o7bmm5ZeiI1rvbzggo4_400.gif tumblr_o7bmm5ZeiI1rvbzggo1_r3_400.gif

tumblr_o7bmm5ZeiI1rvbzggo5_400.gif tumblr_o7bmm5ZeiI1rvbzggo9_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o7bmm5ZeiI1rvbzggo6_400.gif tumblr_o7bmm5ZeiI1rvbzggo3_r1_400.gif

Another favorite scene! lol I laughed a lot for it. Do Kyung & Hae Young's reactions were priceless :D:D 

tumblr_o7b5c0GcP91rvbzggo3_500.gif

tumblr_o7b5c0GcP91rvbzggo2_500.gif

tumblr_o7b5c0GcP91rvbzggo5_500.gif

tumblr_o7b5c0GcP91rvbzggo6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o7b5c0GcP91rvbzggo4_500.gif

A soulmate is the one who can see your pain when you’re fooling everyone else.

tumblr_o78k2zVLXL1rvbzggo1_400.gif tumblr_o78k2zVLXL1rvbzggo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o78k2zVLXL1rvbzggo3_400.gif tumblr_o78k2zVLXL1rvbzggo5_400.gif

Favorite! :D What a family! hahahahaha best combination we could've asked for :D:D 

- Drunk sister: *takes off her shoe & puts it on the table*
- Do Kyung: * throws his sister’s shoe away angrily* 
- Friend: *doesn’t give a richard simmons & continues eating* 
You know you’ve best friends when they’re coping perfectly with ur family issues LOL

tumblr_o74bvi3LN31rvbzggo1_r1_500.gif

even when you'rs surrounded by people ...

tumblr_o76u2uYTww1rvbzggo1_r1_540.gif

You’ve recognized it right away. That Park Do Kyung is the man you can rely on. Within the first minute of meeting him, you can tell him everything. Even the things you couldn’t tell your closest friends. Regardless of how close you are to your friends, there’re many things that you wouldn’t tell them, but you end up revealing everything to your man, more so than your decade-long friendship.” 

tumblr_o7f1frdgRl1rvbzggo4_400.gif tumblr_o7f1frdgRl1rvbzggo3_400.gif

tumblr_o7f1frdgRl1rvbzggo1_400.gif tumblr_o7f1frdgRl1rvbzggo2_400.gif

That's so true to a great extend! Esp when you find a man like Do Kyung, Eric~ ♥♥

He's the reason behind her misery & that's been hurting him a lot :( 

tumblr_o7c3jkZkah1rvbzggo7_400.gif tumblr_o7c3jkZkah1rvbzggo6_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o7c3jkZkah1rvbzggo4_400.gif tumblr_o7c3jkZkah1rvbzggo5_400.gif

tumblr_o7c3jkZkah1rvbzggo1_400.gif tumblr_o7c3jkZkah1rvbzggo3_r1_400.gif

GENTLEMAN! 

tumblr_o74jbhp1gj1rvbzggo1_540.gif

tumblr_o74jbhp1gj1rvbzggo4_540.gif

tumblr_o74jbhp1gj1rvbzggo3_540.gif

Someone protect this 3-year-old kid plz! hahahaha :D :w00t: :w00t:

tumblr_o720u9Xz9V1rvbzggo6_400.gif tumblr_o720u9Xz9V1rvbzggo7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o720u9Xz9V1rvbzggo3_400.gif tumblr_o720u9Xz9V1rvbzggo1_400.gif

tumblr_o720u9Xz9V1rvbzggo4_400.gif tumblr_o720u9Xz9V1rvbzggo5_400.gif

Our loyal leadernim :D Mission: promote Shinhwa as much as he can! Let everyone do Shinhwa greeting lol ..
Previously wz Hyunjin & Hyebin, & now wz his sound production team :D 

tumblr_o6yz18MjBO1rvbzggo2_540.gif

tumblr_o6yz18MjBO1rvbzggo1_540.gif

I wanted to do this long before .. & then came Another Miss Oh's vapp to make me put the idea into action. 
I've seen many celebrities don't mind others talk about their handsomeness .. but Eric, One of the best-looking Idols in Kpop, if not the best,  yet he never once bragged about his handsomeness or brought it up in his talk. He does his very best to avoid the well-deserved praise with all means! How can we not love this man! :) 

tumblr_o6sdg4Z5Mu1rvbzggo2_400.gif tumblr_o6sdg4Z5Mu1rvbzggo7_400.gif

tumblr_o6sdg4Z5Mu1rvbzggo3_400.gif tumblr_o6sdg4Z5Mu1rvbzggo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o6sdg4Z5Mu1rvbzggo6_400.gif tumblr_o6sdg4Z5Mu1rvbzggo5_400.gif

I don't know if I'd be able to catch up on the next 2 eps as I'll be on a business trip, but I hope I can at least watch them! wanna know what's gonna happen arghh! :\

leaving you wz those gorgeous mesmerizing eyes~ :wub: :wub: :wub:

tumblr_o6l9abaEtV1rvbzggo1_540.gif 

• Like 3

Survey for your interest in a Blue-ray or DVD box set.

It's not obligatory, just an survey.  You can fill this out if interest.

ENGLISH: form.office.naver.com/form/responseView.cmd?formkey

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Dear K-drama fans overseas,

We created this cafe to estimate the potential demand for Director's cut Blu-ray and DVD of "Another Miss Oh (a.k.a. Oh Hae Young Again) ", starring Eric (Shinhwa) and Seo Hyunjin on TvN (drama channel).

We are trying to get additional features including 'Behind the scenes', 'NG cuts', and 'Commentary' from leading actors and actresses if possible in the Director's cut Blu-ray or DVD. However, there should be enough demand for them to be released. Detailed specification of the Blu-ray and DVD will be ensured after we get enough demand for Blu-ray or DVD, but be sure to check that more demand will lead to bigger bargaining chip such as richer contents with lots of exclusive scenes selected by the Director and editing team.

If you're interested in purchasing Director's cut Blu-ray or DVD, please go to below link to fill out survey form.

Please note that you are NOT obliged to buy a Blu-ray or DVD set at this point. This survey is to get demand estimation only.

http://me2.do/FeHLFrIF

Your active participation would be really appreciated and we are looking forward to your response.

And please feel free to share any suggestions or questions regarding "Another Miss Oh" transparentor's cut Blu-ray and DVD by email or below SNS channels.

CjGK7LDVEAQXLVm.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjGKWvCW0AEljZz.jpg:large

CjEVg4pUoAAzAPs.jpg

Credit: AgainOHdvd

160523 A cute message from Shinhwa Eric to the owner of desk he is using in Another Miss Oh drama “ I’m Park Dokyung who is borrowing your desk for “Another Miss Oh“ filming until Jun.21. I’m leaving this fan cuz it’s getting hot. P.S I always has it...

160523 A CUTE MESSAGE FROM SHINHWA ERIC TO THE OWNER OF DESK HE IS USING IN ANOTHER MISS OH DRAMA

I’m Park Dokyung who is borrowing your desk for “Another Miss Oh“ filming until Jun.21. I’m leaving this fan cuz it’s getting hot.

P.S I always has it (Dokyung’s catch phrase from Another Miss Oh)

Source: giskra30 + trans by klee0216 + Ericmun tumbl

'The Flower in Prison' retreats; 'Oh Hae-young Again' soars

SEOUL, May 23 (Yonhap) -- A TV series about a woman born in prison and trained to be a spy has fallen from the meaningful 20-percent mark in viewership, data by Nielsen Korea showed Monday.

"The Flower in Prison" on the terrestrial network MBC stayed on top of the Saturday-Sunday night drama game with 17.1 percent last week, the data showed. But the figure was a significant downturn from the 20-percent plateau it surpassed in the first week, an accomplishment that gave rise to premature hopes the show would continue to soar in viewership.

"Beautiful Gong Shim," which debuted in the same time slot two weeks ago, appeared to be on a solid path to challenge the period drama, posting an average of 10.5 percent last week. The SBS series about an unconventionally poor lawyer moving in with two low-income sisters had started with just 8.9 percent in the first week.

Scenes from the MBC series "The Flower in Prison" (Yonhap)

On the Monday-Tuesday night front, "My Lawyer, Mr. Jo" surpassed the 15-percent mark for the first time since premiering in March. By doing so, the KBS 2TV series about a prosecutor-turned-lawyer set itself apart from the rest of the shows sharing the time slot, which continued to languish in the single-digit territory.

Meanwhile, a cable series about two women with the same name but vastly different traits finally took off after five episodes. "Oh Hae-young Again," starring Eric Mun of the 2000s boy band Shinhwa, was viewed by an average of 5.5 percent of the TV-watching population on Monday and Tuesday, with anything above 5 percent considered impressive in the cable sector. In the tvN series, heroine Oh Hae-young falls in love with a lovelorn audio director who was dumped by another woman named Oh Hae-young who seemingly has everything the protagonist lacks.

Another tvN series featuring mostly middle-aged actors, "Dear My Friends," continued to smash the preconception that a show must cast 20 and 30-something actors to be successful. It captured an average of 4 percent of the TV viewers on Friday and Saturday, down 0.4 percentage point from the previous week but nonetheless significant for a young cable series.

Scenes from the tvN series "Oh Hae-young Again" (Yonhap)

SOURCE

• Like 1