Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest YELL;OH

^^ I dunno. Rumor has it Kim Jae Joong of DBSK was tone deaf. *shrugs*

i heard that too, but like someone mentioned before - being tonedeaf isn't something one can exactly fix. i'm not saying it's impossible, but i'm thinking that even jaejoong wasn't completely tonedeaf...

Not the rare case, the musical one. >_>

what?

How can I develop a vibratto? How long will it take? Should I try forcing it?

sikkony: Learning the vibratto can take years or months. Regardless of time, it really comes down to the technique you're using to produce your vibratto because there are forced techniques and natural techniques.

VictorGalaxy: You can try to sing two adjacent notes and switch back and forth. Then, do it more quickly to reach a vibratto.

Sou: It's not good to force a vibratto by fluctuating your air flow with your stomach/diaphragm. It's incredibly unhealthy and it'll result in a dangerous muscle memory. Vibratto, by nature, is a natural oscillation of the vocal cords that help relieve the stress put on them. It has nothing to do with the diaphragm. If you force it, you can hurt yourself.

Sou - actually, vibrato is singing from the diaphragm. the vibrating voice is singing with ur stomach. vibrato has EVERYTHING to do with the diaphragm.

but just singing with ur diaphragmn dusnt make vibrato. u need to noe how to sing with it.

to help achieve it , its extremely hard, but i know my friend whos a flutist started getting vibrato with her flute

because u use so much air with instruments, expec. the flute and when she started singing, her voice started going vibrato also.

vibrato is from ur diaphragm.

Guest sikhye

what?

Tone deafness can refer to a person who can't sing notes accurately. This can be solved with musical training. The rare case you people are talking about is hearing problems between notes. If you people didn't know the difference than I'm sorry I asked a question related to it.

Guest cakesniffer

hi, i was wondering how i could learn to harmonize? does anyone have any tips, or any songs that are easy to practice to? thanks!

Guest punkrocker2829

hello... i need to buy a microphone but i dont really know what to buy. do you buy a microphone for your computer? or an actual microphone? i know probably a stupid question but i'm so confused...

what do you guys use? i know some of you use the microphones where it's PERFECTLY clear and you can't hear any static in it... what to do??

oh and where would you plug a dynamic microphone to? does it go in your computer?

Guest stellabella

ahh I am so frustrated I've been trying and trying to get vibrato but no matter how much i sing I just can't!

did most of you practice to get it or did it just naturally come out?

Guest punkrocker2829

ahh I am so frustrated I've been trying and trying to get vibrato but no matter how much i sing I just can't!

did most of you practice to get it or did it just naturally come out?

i think i've heard from someone once that the more you sing.. the more of a vibrato you will develop. Some teachers and stuff dont teach you to sing with vibrato because it's not natural... so just sing more and you'll get it. no worries ^_^

Guest snoozinhen

These exercises might help you with your vibrato. Personally, I had to learn the hard way >.<

Well, I know this is a bad way to get vibrato but I had to understand how it felt like. So I laid on my back, placed my hands on my diaphram and as I sung a straight tone, I moved my hands in and out to get the feeling. I probably did this like once.

Then, I have no idea if this is a good or bad technique... if it's bad, I'm sure someone will say it is. But I sung a straight tone in a soft voice, then I tried crescendoing and decrescendoing quickly (but without bad tone) to see if that worked. At first, it didn't seem like vibrato but a person singing quiet then loud then quiet again. But as I got more speed, it seemed more natural and vibrato-like. That's it ^^

Guest YELL;OH

Tone deafness can refer to a person who can't sing notes accurately. This can be solved with musical training. The rare case you people are talking about is hearing problems between notes. If you people didn't know the difference than I'm sorry I asked a question related to it.

tone deafness does not only refer to people who can't SING notes accurately. it refers to people who can't distinguish notes when singing AND hearing them.

Guest AMIbunny

Hi! I used Audacity to record my songs....A long time ago when i used it it works perfectly well, like when i sing it goes with the song.. But now, when i RECORD and i listen back, my singing doesnt follow the music.. its slower or faster like i didnt sing in the right place.. The time of the recording and the song is different! i dont know why it is like this.. hellp!!!

Guest lovemickytobits

I'm new here. LOL

I just had a party with my friends last night and all of us end up singing together. And I realized that my voice is FLAT! LOL. How pathetic isnt it? I just wanna ask is there any way to improve my vocal? It sounds very hollow/empty-ish. And vibrato is the hardest thing to learn. >.<

Guest lovemickytobits

^ it's perfectly normal.

usually your voice turns out to sound different than what you think when you listen to a recording of yours

it's because you dont really listen to yourself sing

youre too busy thinking about what you're supposed to be singing. :P

but after a while of listening to your own recordings, you get used to it.

hmm, so the recording one or the one i heard while im singing is the one that others heard?

Guest cjsedthat

ok...i wanna change the pitch of my voice..my pitch right now is a FA on doremi scale

i wanto change it to sol-la

Guest sikkony

hmm, so the recording one or the one i heard while im singing is the one that others heard?

Neither, but the recording one would be closest.

Guest lovemickytobits

Neither, but the recording one would be closest.

hmm, then how to get rid of my hollow-ish voice? my teacher said i have a powerful voice, but when i sing it's just EMPTY! WTH >< i just wish i can sing better. im really sick of my empty-ish voice. >,<

Guest sikkony

hmm, then how to get rid of my hollow-ish voice? my teacher said i have a powerful voice, but when i sing it's just EMPTY! WTH >< i just wish i can sing better. im really sick of my empty-ish voice. >,<

Your teacher means the resonance in the voice is not there although the sound is? That problem occurs from many things, far too many to name, but one major one is imbalance of voice registers and the mixing of middle voice. Experimenting on notes till you get it right is what I recommend. Takes a while, but you know when you are improving or not. Experiment is your best friend in singing.

Guest kfr3sh
hi, i was wondering how i could learn to harmonize? does anyone have any tips, or any songs that are easy to practice to? thanks!
hmm... the easiest way you can learn how to harmonize is by trying to sing the third octave of the base note.. i dont know how to really explain this unless i show you.. but like if the key is Do then sing Mi get it? kind of ? Well im not a singer but i am a beatmaker/programmer recording asst. and thats what i see producers doing, they always say "sing the third" so .. I HOPE THAT HELPED...if you or anyone else has questions on recording or techniques i can help, well ill tell ya whatever i know..
can anybody recommend me a very nice mic?for recording.&something affordable please. im only 15 T_T;;
sm 57 or 58 by shure, its the most basic mic you could and should have to record, its about like from 80-100 dollars. but it is the best for its price..