Engagement Rings/wedding Rings

GOOMBA

:D

I walked by this jewellery store (for those of you who live in Richmond, BC, the new store that took over BW2 in Richmond Centre) and one of the sales reps told me to come in and look at the new rings they just received.

And one that caught my eye was a diamond/white gold wedding ring. The white gold band part of it was absolutely gorgeous with the engravings and everything, but the diamond... was just humongous and hideous. It was like the size of your thumbnail (from the cuticle to the tips).

I just wonder how on earth, and why on earth people would wear a diamond that big? It doesn't look any fancier from what I see and it definitely doesn't look real. :mellow: (It was priced *as what I can remember* 8k.....................)

But yeah..

What would you want YOUR wedding/engagement ring to look like?

:lol:

pictures?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soyeongongjoo

expensive and fancy is all i gotta say

hahaha

i agree, but i dont at the same time o_O

i wouldnt want it really huge or anything

i mean, you have to live with it on

i dont wanna hurt people on accident, you know? LOL >_ <

Guest manlytoe

i wanted him not his ring, but if marriage comes around, i want one that will have a meaning.. a freaking meaningful meaning ring..

one that i can keep, cherish, adore, and remember him by!!!!! that's all i want in a ring..

Guest supereggytoast

I don't really need anything fancy- even though it would be nice to have one...

I like art deco style, but anything he gives me I will cherish :]

Guest morgan.de.toi

hmm....i never thought about that really...

they always change..and maybe i haven't seen one yet

that is just so absolutley stunningly beautiful that i want it. haha

i guess...whatever looks nice and wearable for everyday??

or maybe i'll have a white gold ring w/ a diamond the size of my head

just so i know how much my fiancee/husband loves me :rolleyes:

Guest SUPERSTAR*

i want a big diamond in the middle and small diamonds surrounding it on the band.

or anything just big and expensive, so i could show off :lol:

Guest hellaspiffyx

i dont want anything that sticks out. my ideal ring is white gold[cuz i hate regular gold] with a tiny diamond set into the band, not sticking out of it. and maybe with a cute little design or something.

istockphoto_192326_white_gold_diamond_ring.jpg

jv-s12-18.gif

ib-1510-1.gif

heart ring

doradesign wedding band

ive seen nicer ones but these are the ones i could find for now. jewelryvortex.com has some nice ones. the first pic is my favorite one though =]

Guest morrow94

I would want nothing. I don't believe in engagement or wedding rings. Besides I think they are waste of money. I rather get a snowboarding vacation or a mountain bike.

I would want nothing. I don't believe in engagement or wedding rings. Besides I think they are waste of money. I rather get a snowboarding vacation or a mountain bike.

Now, you're my kind of person! :rolleyes:

Not that I'm "cheap" - and, moreover, not that I'm knowledgeable or have been faced with such a situation - but as a guy, I'd be pretty clueless and intimidated to walk into a jewelry store to shop for an engagement ring. How much is too much ... or too little? I think I heard some kind of 'rule of thumb' as to how much a guy should spend on an engagement ring, depending upon their annual salary - has anyone heard of that?

But going back to morrow's comment, it's not like I mirror the same sentiments - I would surely want to get something nice for my gal that would be symbolic. But at the same time, I have that practical sense of not wanting to break the bank as if it were a measure of how much I loved her. I'd rather get a ring that was reasonable and spend whatever extra money on a better honeymoon getaway, apply it towards the wedding, or something more worthwhile.

(sorry, I kind of went on a tangent from the topic focus)

Guest hellaspiffyx

^true. Well I guess it depends on the girl. I'm not asking for a $600 ring, heck I dont even expect a $400 one. I wouldn't want my boyfriend to go broke just to ask me to marry him, but I do like rings and the symbolism of what an engagement/wedding ring means. So something simple is fine, as long as its meaningful and comes from the heart thats what matters.

And about the shopping for a ring..how much is too much n stuff...Idk maybe its not everyone but my boyfriend is there sometimes when my friends and I talk about jewelry and i've said before I dont like yellow gold, or big rings n stuff so i guess he would kinda remember that when buying something for me? I hope. haha.

Archived