Engagement Rings/wedding Rings

GOOMBA

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Petite_Mal

Coming soon:

2.5 ct. Asscher cut solitaire. E color, VVS2 clarity, plain platinum setting. :sweatingbullets: The wedding band is an Asscher cut, but an eternity band.

I loooooove this stone cut. I was debating over emerald or this one, but finally settled for the Royal Asscher. The facets draws the eye deep into the center of the stone, so it must be REALLY good quality or you'll be able to see flaws with the naked eye. The cut itself is rather complex, but i feel the geometrical shape helps off-set that and makes it elegant rather than gaudy.

asscher_asha_sun_small.jpg

asscher_cut2.jpg

(this one isn't a real diamond, but it shows the depth of the stone.)

Wedding band:

5615e.jpg5615b.jpg

:w00t:

tiffany is really crazy,

My sister's ring, Lucida style, a 3/4 carat, grade E, it cost $10K.

Grade D is the highest, cost 2K more if i'm not mistaken, but a lot smaller.

there's almost no difference between D and E, you've to use that magnifying glass thingie to see it.

diag_diamondcolor.gif

But if your fiance is rich, it's not a big deal I guess :P

Yeah, the gemologists we've talked to said that getting D or E is really silly because there's barely a difference between them and F to H, but costs so much more. But my fiance says if he's going to spend so much money on a diamond, he wants it to be a good investment. I'm more concerned about size, but I think that's pretty typical for a woman... :unsure:

Guest morgan.de.toi

yeah, the rule is the ring must worth 3 months paychecks ;)

oh!! i never knew there was such a rule!!

hohoho i must make my bf work crazy ot during those 3 months

hahahahaha

oh oh~ bunny, what's your ring like?

if you don't mind sharing ^^

White gold with a square cut diamond would be my perfect ring.

Like this:

f10214lf9.jpg

For an engagement ring, of course.

Wedding bands... I... Don't really know.

However, this is all for if I even get married, which will depend on my boyfriend's religion I suppose...

oh!! i never knew there was such a rule!!

hohoho i must make my bf work crazy ot during those 3 months

hahahahaha

oh oh~ bunny, what's your ring like?

if you don't mind sharing ^^

Oh :blush:

Mine is a white gold w/ a round cut diamond.

ring-1.jpg

And later, I'm going to fuse the wedding and engangement rings together >_<

AB03400100_zoom.jpgDM03400100_AB03400100_RD_100_275x250.jpgDM03400100_AB03400100_RD_100_275x250.jpg

I'd want a silver diamond ring..something from Tiffany's :lol:

something like these...

pear.jpg

heart.jpg

something like this, definitely. :D i love the heart one... *kitschy*

Bunnylicious, your ring is so nice. <3 the diamond does stick out but it's not humongus!!!

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

Exactly lol !

my guy told me he'd rather buy a plasma tv instead of a piece of tiny ring, luckily he wasnt serious XD

haha great minds think alike :lol:

well some of our family friends are jewelers so i think im going to custom design the wedding band.

i want a ring of circular diamonds with invisible setting

like the ones at tiffany's. those are sooo gorgeous.

the engagement ring i havent thought too much about yet.

ive got plenty of time to think =D

Guest Acidity

Something simple, vintage, and tasteful.

Antique gold, maybe? Maybe wiith a small diamond or ruby in the middle. *Looks for pics* xD

I detest extremely FLASHY, gigantic pieces. They just look so.. tacky. D:

^Oh, come on, you guys. Two or three month salaries? Engagement ring "rules"???

This is a sad, sad society. Get what you like and feck the rest. Or you go and spend a two to three month salary on something for your fiance, because this is RIDICULOUS.

-ginger

Guest boraxkim

o.o i was just sayinggg...but you don't exactly want to spend a crazy amount of money for a ring you want and then be broke so you won't be able to have the WEDDING you want for another 10 years....

and it's not like i said you have to follow the rules..it's just a guideline

Guest greentea:vee xo

i just want something simple that i`m able to keep forever.

nothing too much and too out there, a rock would be nice, and i`m good [=

Guest morgan.de.toi

o wow bunny, that's gorgeous!

hahaha i can see how that would hurt if you accidentally hit ur s/o

hahaha it'd probably scratch him too!!

>__<

^Oh, come on, you guys. Two or three month salaries? Engagement ring "rules"???

This is a sad, sad society. Get what you like and feck the rest. Or you go and spend a two to three month salary on something for your fiance, because this is RIDICULOUS.

-ginger

o.o i was just sayinggg...but you don't exactly want to spend a crazy amount of money for a ring you want and then be broke so you won't be able to have the WEDDING you want for another 10 years....

and it's not like i said you have to follow the rules..it's just a guideline

well duh, of course. :rolleyes:

I knew nothing about it, I just read them online.

It's just one of rules that those diamonds companies made to make the men miserable

Yah, that's one way to make money, because there are some people would take that rule seriously :phew:

rule or no rule,

if your dream ring is .75+ carat with good level of color and clarity, expect it to be at least 2 months worth of paycheck.

like my sister's .75 carat Tiffany ring, it's worth $10000, that's about 2 months, right?

I almost fainted when I heard that, I could buy a decent new car with that.

engagement ring:

i want a Tiffany's solitaire diamond ring, princess cut set on platinum <3

or a Birk's solitaire diamond ring, amorique cut set on platinum

wedding band:

platinum Cartier love ring

-edit-

wow bunnilicious, your ring looks awesome! ^^

well, he gave my a ring on our first christmas together in 04...and i got another one in oct 06...

both were diamonds of course, but after reading up on them, i'd rather not do diamonds anymore. >_<

I feel the same about diamonds.

Before I knew all this, my fiancee already gave me my ring. I think its perfect. The only things I asked of him was 2 diamonds (to represent Gemini) and something unconventional/subtle but beautiful, I think typical ones are so ugly. They just don't make sense other than to show off the rock. I believe the stone should be a part of the ring, to bring out the beauty of its shape and match the cut etc.

Mine does all of that. I can't find a picture of my ring anymore but he found it in a separate section than engagement rings which endears his choice to me all the more. I showed it to my sister and she agrees, it's dead on.

The only thing that irked me was how much it cost. It's from Tiffany's so yea, but did NOT cost some stupid 10k thank god or I woul've sold it and donated to charity. I'm still thinking of selling it and donating the money, lol, but right now I think I'll keep it.

Archived