NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest plusone

So there are reports of Nocioni,Noah and Duhon to memphis for Pau Gasol

if the grizzles are really that stupid to do that trade we will gladly take the man in =D

LMAO!

i remember when they were asking for Deng AND Gordon for Gasol haha

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EYJAYJAY
So there are reports of Nocioni,Noah and Duhon to memphis for Pau Gasol

if the grizzles are really that stupid to do that trade we will gladly take the man in =D

if chicago can pull that one off.. then wow :P they will be a championship caliber team

Guest flipdragn

i think this really helps improve the suns' bench and puts them closer to winning the championship. i don't really see grant hill getting into the starting lineup over shawn marion or raja bell because he's too old but i'm sure he can really contribute to that team.

Guest gary
who's the new Grizz GM? Jerry West's contract expired on July 1.

its the assistant gm from the celtics. hah. worst team in the league takes the gm from the 2nd worst team in the league. smart moves.

Guest Krn_Track_Star
grant hill signed with the suns. good addition

well i dont think so. i think sun's are wasting their money on hill because when wuz the last season hill played all season long. i think he is injury pleagued. i think it wuz a bad pick up for the suns

Guest EYJAYJAY
well i dont think so. i think sun's are wasting their money on hill because when wuz the last season hill played all season long. i think he is injury pleagued. i think it wuz a bad pick up for the suns

to me, i think its a good addition because suns can use another veteran presence (and i think the suns are doing this to replace diaw in the short term). hill is very talented despite being injury plagued, but playing at pheonix, he simply needs to come off the bench. i see the suns putting him on the court when nash is out because he is experienced, is a leader, and has good court vision as well as passing ability. by coming off the bench, he wont have to play too many minutes and this reduces chance of being injured.

Guest Krn_Track_Star
to me, i think its a good addition because suns can use another veteran presence (and i think the suns are doing this to replace diaw in the short term). hill is very talented despite being injury plagued, but playing at pheonix, he simply needs to come off the bench. i see the suns putting him on the court when nash is out because he is experienced, is a leader, and has good court vision as well as passing ability. by coming off the bench, he wont have to play too many minutes and this reduces chance of being injured.

yeah good point i didnt see it like that but i read that he might contest diaw on starting. i mean yea suns do need a veteran player who can read them to the next level like darrell armstrong did but hill has to prove me that even though he doest play that he can still play without getting injured or the suns are just wasting there money.

Guest plusone

its the assistant gm from the celtics. hah. worst team in the league takes the gm from the 2nd worst team in the league. smart moves.

brilliant LOL

maybe they just couldnt get anyone interested in a job. had to snag whoever they could get haha

Rose and Beasley look really good.

who's the Kevin (?) Love kid though? i hear him mentioned a lot, but I haven't seen anything on him.

Guest EYJAYJAY
when u can pick up a player like Hill (who played 65 games last year and averaged 14.4 a game) for 2 million a year for 2 years....why not do it? i mean..they already are paying james jones about 800K more than Hill.

and a darrell armstrong reference??? uhhhhh...he never played for the Suns.... :mellow:

i think for the darell armstrong reference, he was talking about mavs.

and yeah i agree, its worth getting hill. he really doesnt cost much right now

Guest DOVAHKIIN
yeah good point i didnt see it like that but i read that he might contest diaw on starting. i mean yea suns do need a veteran player who can read them to the next level like darrell armstrong did but hill has to prove me that even though he doest play that he can still play without getting injured or the suns are just wasting there money.

Not really. Seeing how they can put Diaw at ANY position, he can come off the bench.

Starting 5:

Amare

Marion

Diaw

Bell

Nash

Regular bench players:

Barbosa

Hill

Kurt Thomas

Meh, who cares.

Guest Krn_Track_Star
i think for the darell armstrong reference, he was talking about mavs.

and yeah i agree, its worth getting hill. he really doesnt cost much right now

wut he just said but i mean yeah itz good to get a good player for a low price but the fact is that can he play healthy. teamz that hill played for cut him because he couldnt play a full season without getting injured. i mean would u sign a player who is just going to get injured all season n u have no choice but to pay him either way.

Well before Grant Hill had that ankle injury in Detroit, he was a premier player. Unfortunately injuries have derailed what would have been a HOF career. I'm not sure if it's a good signing or not for the Suns. Hill is getting up there in age and the Suns play a run n gun style and I'm not sure if that's the best for Hill. If he hadn't had these injuries then yes it would be a good pick up, but he's been injury plagued lately. Since the 01-02 season he's averaged 39 games per season. If Hill can contribute to say 60+ games and the playoffs then it's a good signing, but we'll just have to see if he can do that.

Guest thelivinlegend21

This is a good signing, for both Hill and the Suns. The Suns get a quality role player in Hill for 2 million, and Hill gets his championship opportunity. That's pretty worth it. It's nearly the veteran's minimum and far lower than the mid-level exception. Sure, the Suns play a run-n-gun style, but that doesn't mean they don't have their own halfcourt sets. Besides, with Steve Nash running the point and facilitating the offense, who's to say that Hill won't have a productive season? We've all seen the players on Phoenix get better because Nash was there to find them. On top of that, I don't think we need to over analyze Hill's health. He probably won't be playing 30 minutes a game there anyways like he did in Orlando, so chances that he aggravates his ankle injuries because of aging/minutes is lowered significantly. If anything, Mike D'Antoni will save his legs for the Playoffs, when they need the depth and veteran leadership.

This is a good signing, for both Hill and the Suns. The Suns get a quality role player in Hill for 2 million, and Hill gets his championship opportunity. That's pretty worth it. It's nearly the veteran's minimum and far lower than the mid-level exception. Sure, the Suns play a run-n-gun style, but that doesn't mean they don't have their own halfcourt sets. Besides, with Steve Nash running the point and facilitating the offense, who's to say that Hill won't have a productive season? We've all seen the players on Phoenix get better because Nash was there to find them. On top of that, I don't think we need to over analyze Hill's health. He probably won't be playing 30 minutes a game there anyways like he did in Orlando, so chances that he aggravates his ankle injuries because of aging/minutes is lowered significantly. If anything, Mike D'Antoni will save his legs for the Playoffs, when they need the depth and veteran leadership.

I don't mind the value dollarwise, but it could be a wasted roster spot, although D'Antoni only plays 8 players deep or something like that I believe. The problem with that is the players are on the court for 'shorter' amounts of time but they get a ton more possessions than a half-court set team. However, if Hill can stay healthy then yes it's a good signing. How is it overanalyzing his health when every other year he misses more than half the season? Last season he played in 65.. last time he played 60+ the next season he played in 20 some games.

Here's a few stats to consider with Hill, also have to keep in mind he's not getting any younger.

GP GS MPG

01-02Orl141436.602-03Orl292929.1no 03-04

04-05Orl676734.905-06Orl211729.106-07Orl656430.9

However, I hope that he can stay healthy and do well once again. In terms of risk/reward yes it's good.

On a side note, anyone else disappointed in the lack of big name trades? Well I guess you could say Ray Allen, but I don't consider him the same as say KG, Kobe, Jermaine O'Neal, or even Pau Gasol.

Guest res0nate

Nocioni signed an extension w/the Bulls for 5 years.

Hill is a good addition to any team, a vet presence and good ball handling / distribution skills.

Archived