NBA

Guest Chioster

another thing i loved about anthony parker, probably one of the prettiest fade aways in the game imo.

*edit* also its rumored odom is suppose to close out his deal with the lakers sometime soon, like this week. Reportedly somewhere a little north of 8 mil.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SurpriseSex

McGrady is changing his number to 3 this season to commemorate 3 Points Darfur initiative.

Translation: that's the number of games he'll be playing this season.

Guest knockblock

Apparently, Chicago wants Bayless in the deal, which Portland is against ... And the deal, as you guys said, is dead according to Pritchard.

Bayless is hands off. No way they are giving him up.

Guest Viet_teKniks

DAMN YOU ORLANDO....you just had to sign gortat didnt you...you greedy pigs...ok you took bass....hes great but we need a bigger guy...but then you match the mavs offer for gortat....thats messed up....yea gortat is happy to be paid more...but hes going to be playing spotty mins. behind d.howard...and he actually had a chance to start here in dallas.....

damn you orlando

Guest DOVAHKIIN

DAMN YOU ORLANDO....you just had to sign gortat didnt you...you greedy pigs...ok you took bass....hes great but we need a bigger guy...but then you match the mavs offer for gortat....thats messed up....yea gortat is happy to be paid more...but hes going to be playing spotty mins. behind d.howard...and he actually had a chance to start here in dallas.....

damn you orlando

Not necessarily. Gortat and Bass could compete for the starting PF role with Rashard Lewis sliding back to the SF. They'll definitely use Gortat for bigger match-ups as well.

He's unhappy with the deal's match though. To start or to win?

If Orlando lands themselves a ring one day, he won't be complaining.

Don't complain about greediness, they just want to win as well.

Guest 432521

Does Millsap really deserve the money he is being offered. I don't really follow him, but 10 mill up front really, for his numbers? What is the deal with him, does the front office think he will grow into something, or is it just me and my novice for these type of things.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Does Millsap really deserve the money he is being offered. I don't really follow him, but 10 mill up front really, for his numbers? What is the deal with him, does the front office think he will grow into something, or is it just me and my novice for these type of things.

As a starter, Millsap was a solid 15.5 ppg and 9.5 rpg player. Boozer's return to the starting line-up dropped his stats.

He's an excellent hustler and a tenacious defender around the rim. And he had 19 straight double-doubles during the season, something that even Dwight Howard or David Lee couldn't do.

So to answer your question as straightforward as possible: Yeah, you're an novice for these things.

$5.6 million is just a signing bonus. $4.7 million is his actual salary for '09-10 if he actually plays for them.

The problem is that it's not worth paying him to come off the bench behind LaMarcus Aldridge. With his talents, he should be a full-time starter. Hence if Utah were to match the offer sheet, they should be dumping Boozer to Windy City.

From what I've seen he bangs boards, finishes, and defends.

It may not seem a lot but its very valuable to have. On top of that, if he can just jump shoot all day long, he be too much.

Guest epark1281

damn you orlando

what are you complaining about?

You guys landed Marion.

BTW, you guys have the best 4 in the league today, right?

(sarcasm abounds)

Guest melo.breeze

lakers have cut negotiations with lamar odom for the time being ...

seems odom wants to be paid $10 million a year for five years,

when lakers are offering $10 million a year for three years, or,

$9 million a year for four years ...

i thought resigning odom was a sure thing ...

looks like jerry buss thinks otherwise.

this better not be another failed attempt by a lakers' player agent to reel in more money.

Guest Viet_teKniks

Im just saying that the mavs needed a young offensive center in Gortat...they have an old crusty dampier. and man those magic sure are having a great off season. Now their are talks of L.O coming to Dallas...which i doubt will happen but i do see him going to miami along side d-wade, but what the lakers are doing to L.O is kind of sad...i mean this guy is a above average player. And to talk about millsap...that guy deserved every penny of his contract i seen him play and he plays with heart and tenacity...

Millsap does deserve the money . But not as a backup, which Portland is going to use him as.

The main reason Portland offered the sheet is probably to get Utah to try moving the trade talks along.

Iono what's going to happen now though. There's one more day left in which Utah can match.

EDIT///

Hmmm ... this is an interesting bit of information ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-o...o&type=lgns

Guest lovefool

dang all these agents wanting more money!

the deal jerry buss offered l.o. was above average.

c'mon now!

like how the lakersnation blog said, once jerry buss makes a decision, he doesn't change his mind!

i think we are hearing more about the difference of opinions between the players agent and the players themselves. Look what happened to Ariza...he took Houston's offer, or actually, i should say ariza's agent took the offer and put ariza in houston. I have to admit that i'm going to miss ariza, he contributed ALOT to the playoffs and regular season, but he has still got alot to prove, and i'm glad ron artest is coming to L.A., hopefully he'll have good chemistry with the team members and becomes more of a team player.

For odom, i just hope he can stay in L.A. ! lakers need odom! we can do well without ariza, but odom is way more versatile. I also heard rumors that he wants to stay in LA but his agent wants more money

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Im just saying that the mavs needed a young offensive center in Gortat...they have an old crusty dampier. and man those magic sure are having a great off season. Now their are talks of L.O coming to Dallas...which i doubt will happen but i do see him going to miami along side d-wade, but what the lakers are doing to L.O is kind of sad...i mean this guy is a above average player. And to talk about millsap...that guy deserved every penny of his contract i seen him play and he plays with heart and tenacity...

You guys had Diop, who I liked. Guy was an excellent defensive present in the paint and good rebounder. Dunno why he had to go in the Kidd deal.

Odom and Wade go back to Wade's first season, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if he went to the Heat instead.

Guest knockblock

Hooray! Utah's matching Millsap's offer! :D

Portland nows need to go for Odom. Low chances, but whatever ... Haha

Why do you want Lamar Odom?

After the things he has done to Blazer players... I think not.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Why do you want Lamar Odom?

After the things he has done to Blazer players... I think not.

He's just as good, if not, a better point forward than Turkoglu. More athletic and better post defender too. Not as good as a shooter, but otherwise he might be able to suit their playmaker needs.

Archived