NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest aznkc

raptors needs cash not players...at this spending rate i dont know how they are goin to sign bosh next year...com on ..bargnani for $50 million over 5 years? hes not worth that much...maybe 7-8? turk should be $50 mill and no more... bosh is gonna be expensive next year

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DOVAHKIIN

raptors needs cash not players...at this spending rate i dont know how they are goin to sign bosh next year...com on ..bargnani for $50 million over 5 years? hes not worth that much...maybe 7-8? turk should be $50 mill and no more... bosh is gonna be expensive next year

He'll get a max contract assuming he chooses to re-sign. It's called having Bird Rights, cap room doesn't matter.

Am I the only one who understands how the cap, contracts and exceptions work here!?

Forgive us for not being as enlightened as yourself ;)

Anyways, I hope raps do something good with their MLE. Im not really for linus kleiza, but all the big minutes are taken so their doesn't seem to be room for a first string type player.

Derozans a 2/3 right? What does he primarily play?

^

^

i think so. but your knowledge of this is a plus i guess.

with all this news about the salary cap dropping next off-season, will we see those big free agent moves that everyone is expecting?

and if that Utah/Chicago/Portland trade goes down, i wanna see if Thomas can thrive in Sloan's system.

Guest epark1281

Anyways, another multi-team trade talk is in the way ...

This time with Portland, Utah, and Chicago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

From the talks, Boozer would be heading to Chicago, Hinrich to Portland, and Thomas to Utah. I wonder if it'll go through. Portland needs that PG and Utah wants to keep Millsap.

I'm hearing conflicting information.

Local Bullsblog says there has been absolutely no talk about a trade, while ESPN is saying that they're DEF in talks...

what is going on?

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Forgive us for not being as enlightened as yourself ;)

Anyways, I hope raps do something good with their MLE. Im not really for linus kleiza, but all the big minutes are taken so their doesn't seem to be room for a first string type player.

Derozans a 2/3 right? What does he primarily play?

Derozan's a 3 naturally. There might not be a need to sign Kleiza.

Derozan, Wright, George are all on the team. Delfino's most likely coming back so that's four wing players total behind Turkoglu.

Guest aznkc

He'll get a max contract assuming he chooses to re-sign. It's called having Bird Rights, cap room doesn't matter.

Am I the only one who understands how the cap, contracts and exceptions work here!?

well...putting all money aside...i still stil bosh won't re-sign if turk is gonna get more playing time and more PPG than bosh.. bosh wants to be the hero and star like every raptors. aka carter...mcgrady... but i still do'nt think bargnani is $10 a season...

on a side note anyone seen bargnani before? this guy is pretty funny in person...he has a really low voice with the italian accent and the 2 time i seen him..he holds his shoe and walks in his socks at acc lol

I like Bargs over Bosh.

I hate sharing seasons tickets :(

what section are you at?.

well...putting all money aside...i still stil bosh won't re-sign if turk is gonna get more playing time and more PPG than bosh.. bosh wants to be the hero and star like every raptors. aka carter...mcgrady... but i still do'nt think bargnani is $10 a season...

on a side note anyone seen bargnani before? this guy is pretty funny in person...he has a really low voice with the italian accent and the 2 time i seen him..he holds his shoe and walks in his socks at acc lol

what section are you at?.

Bosh will always have decent numbers because he is central in the raptors offensive scheme. I think bosh is more of a winner than a good just looking to pad his stats. He doesn't want to be the hero, but if they need one, he wouldn't mind stepping up gametime. As for bargnani, ur right, he isnt worth what hes being paid, yet. Hopefully the offseason paid off for him, and he refined his game even more. I'm hoping he becomes a 18ppg 7-10 rpg kind of player.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

As a starter, Bargnani was already in the 18 ppg, 7 rpg game range.

Poor man's Dirk if you must. Rougher in the post now though.

Anyway, I read in the news that Bosh actually played part in convincing Turkoglu to come to Toronto. So he might stay after all. It just depends on how far the Raptors get this season.

50 win season isn't out of the question in the East and out of the first round at least is good enough for me.

Only the Celtics, Magic, Cavs are guaranteed to run the top of the East. Depending on what the Bulls do to get Boozer, they may soon reach up there as well. Healthy Wizards squad is scary as well. Hawks and Heat will probably stay the same. But the Bucks, Nets, and Knicks are going nowhere with all the players they're losing and salary dumps. Philly is actually crappier with Brand healthy and Pistons aren't going far if they start Kwame Brown.

I heard bosh is trying to pack on 20 lbs of muscle in the offseason. Hes using the same trainer kobe used throughout this year to help him through a year of non stop basketball. Hopefully that means a little more solidity and tenacity on D.

Hmm ... The Blazers offered Millsap a 4 year deal. Utah has a chance to match since he's restricted.

I wonder what effect this will have on the Boozer-Hinrich-Thomas trade talks now, since Utah was only trying to get rid of Boozer to get under the lux-tax for Millsap. Hmmm ....

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Hmm ... The Blazers offered Millsap a 4 year deal. Utah has a chance to match since he's restricted.

I wonder what effect this will have on the Boozer-Hinrich-Thomas trade talks now, since Utah was only trying to get rid of Boozer to get under the lux-tax for Millsap. Hmmm ....

They got 7 days to match right? So 7 days for the trade to go through. Problem is, Blazers GM is against the trade rumors, and Bulls don't wanna lose Hinrich with the loss of Gordon at the 2. Dumb idiots.

If the rumors were still on, then I would think the offer sheet is just pressure for the Jazz to bite on the deal so the Blazers can get Hinrich.

Portland needs a playmaker, not a rebounder. They have enough of those.

Apparently, Chicago wants Bayless in the deal, which Portland is against ... And the deal, as you guys said, is dead according to Pritchard. I think it could still go through ... Utah just has to get Chicago to bite, cause I know they don't want that luxury tax. Haha

And I read a Yahoo column, saying that Pritchard was the loser of this free agency. Hedo's backing out, not getting that PG, not trying for Odom or Ariza or such, and now signing Millsap with Aldridge already starting were all factors. Hmmmm .... I still think he's a great GM. Matter of time before he makes a bigger splash ... LeBron? Jkjk lol

millsap is a good back up for aldridge..

and its good that anthony parker is out of toronto. he sux. his sister is better lol

Guest DOVAHKIIN

millsap is a good back up for aldridge..

and its good that anthony parker is out of toronto. he sux. his sister is better lol

Two-time Euroleague MVP is still something to boast about. If anything, he's underrated. Decent defender, a very good shooter from beyond the arc and can even play PG. Plus factor in the fact that he's already 34. I've watched him contain Durant in a game a few months back. I was also at that game where he contained LeBron for three quarters until Bosh's ex-girlfriend pissed Bron off.

And why the hell would Millsap want to back up Aldridge? He's a starter quality big man and a better rebounder than Aldridge. He's not happy backing up Boozer, why would he be happy backing up someone else? Why are they giving him a 4 year, 36 million dollars offer sheet to come off the bench?

The Blazers are already fine with Aldridge, Oden, Pryzbilla and Outlaw.

Pritchard needs to bite on the deal with Chicago and Utah, dump Boozer, and get Hinrich.

Guest aznkc

I actually like watching parker play. I always watch him practice before games for like 5 min. He's a good all around player and works hard. I am happy that he is with a better team now.

Archived