NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest SurpriseSex

No. It was because Ariza's agent David Lee was being a drama queen, going on and saying stuff like "it isn't about the money", knowing full well the Lakers were offering the MLE to his client. If it wasn't about the money, then he would have taken the MLE with the Lakers, instead, he went and got a more lucrative deal with a Rockets team that is going nowhere, perhaps even lottery-bound. Ariza is the true victim here, though, getting screwed over by his agent. In Houston, he will never enjoy the success he had with the Lakers. As good as he is, he's no number 1, 2, or 3 option. In Houston, he'll be forced into the number 1 option with Yao and McGrady out, and his skillset is just not refined enough to take on that load.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest polka_dotts

So perhaps, you think Lee lied to Ariza about what happened? That is the only explanation I can come up with for him to go on air and say what he did wholeheartedly cus he sure did sound positive about the Lakers not making an effort.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Dice to Spurs. Still an old squad, but stacked.

Marion to Mavs is official. Iverson might go to Memphis, wtf?

Lol at the confiscation of the tapes.

I wish I could see the recording of a 15 year old Glen Davis lifting up Shaq and bodyslamming him.

Guest aznkc

All these trades and signings are going to make next year's NBA more interesting. If shaq can get a championship with James then he WILL be better than Kobe and can officially retire.

Guest melo.breeze

^^^

on paper shaq is better than kobe.

his achievements outshines kobes' by far.

so you have no reason to worry about who's better.

on another note ... how long is it going to take the lakers

to resign odom !! i mean it's a no brainer that they'll

be needing him next year, so what's with that wait ?!

Guest epark1281

that's seriously some funny junk~

So what if James got dunked on?

It's not like he's known for his 1 on 1 D anyway.

Everything about the Spurs moves this year tells me that RC Beuford is just trying to squeeze out a 'ship or two in the 2-3 more years Duncan remains a top flight player. I don't see McDyess playing for more than 2-3 years as well.

-on a side note, i think that McDyess, Grant Hill, and Penny are tragic figures. They were supposed to be top 50 nba players of all time, but the injury bug bit them a bit too hard too many times.-

But for at least the short term, they've got some pretty good inside presence with Duncan-McDyess-Blair.

Guest Viet_teKniks

wow spurs have really beefed up this offseason...with dejuan blair, r. jefferson, and now dice...pretty sweet...and im happy to see that matrix is pretty much a mav now... there is rumor that the mavs will ship out dampiers contract to perhaps milwaukee for maybe michael redd...i mean he was close to being a mav in 02...so hey...why not try again...

GO MAVS

EDIT: official mavs get marion...heres all the scoop...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314637

we are getting greg buckner, shipping antoine wright and devean george to toronto, and some other details

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Dallas trades

Cash considerations (to Orlando)

G Antoine Wright (to Toronto)

F Devean George (to Toronto)

G Jerry Stackhouse (to Memphis)

Dallas receives

F Shawn Marion (via sign-and-trade with Toronto)

F Kris Humphries (from Toronto)

C Nathan Jawai (from Toronto)

G Greg Buckner (from Memphis)

Orlando trades

F Hedo Turkoglu (sign-and-trade to Toronto)

Orlando receives

Cash considerations (from Dallas)

Cash considerations (from Toronto)

Toronto trades

F Shawn Marion (sign-and-trade to Dallas)

F Kris Humprhies (to Dallas)

C Nathan Jawai (to Dallas)

2016 second-round pick (to Memphis)

Cash considerations (to Orlando)

Toronto recieves

F Hedo Turkoglu (via sign-and-trade with Magic)

G Antoine Wright (from Dallas)

F Devean George (from Dallas)

Memphis trades

G Greg Buckner (to Dallas)

Memphis receives

2016 second-round pick (from Toronto)

G Jerry Stackhouse (from Dallas)

Geez.

^^^ I think I read that somewhere that they do.

Anyways, another multi-team trade talk is in the way ...

This time with Portland, Utah, and Chicago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

From the talks, Boozer would be heading to Chicago, Hinrich to Portland, and Thomas to Utah. I wonder if it'll go through. Portland needs that PG and Utah wants to keep Millsap.

Guest LolitaMan

lol @queen james ...getting dunked on by a college player and having nike take away the tapes lol. Then nike gave some lameazz excuses for taking away the tapes. punkazz pinkberry

Archived