NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest mofo

is sheed gunna be a backup power forward to kg? or will he play the center...

i think boston is already good with the team they have..i hope sheed doesn't ruin the chemistry

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thatguy

is sheed gunna be a backup power forward to kg? or will he play the center...

i think boston is already good with the team they have..i hope sheed doesn't ruin the chemistry

im scared of all the tech fouls he likes to collect.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Sheed is gonna play both the PF and C off the bench.

Switch in for Perkins/KG.

This means either Powe or Glen Davis or both aren't going be re-signed though. I like it though. Sheed's perimeter shooting will stretch out the defense even further and give KG more opportunities to operate in the post. Perkins is a nice defensive presence, but close to useless on offense.

Guest thatguy

This means either Powe or Glen Davis or both aren't going be re-signed though. I like it though. Sheed's perimeter shooting will stretch out the defense even further and give KG more opportunities to operate in the post. Perkins is a nice defensive presence, but close to useless on offense.

yah i really don't think powe will be back. and it's so true about perkins! he needs to wipe that 24/7 angry face of his too.

Guest xsilentangel

I hope he improves this summer.. He was even worse the season the Celtics got the championship. He stopped winding up before releasing the ball. I hope the Celtics have gotten stronger with that long and grueling absence of KG. And like you said, Rasheed is much more effective on offense than Perkins so that's already a plus.

Guest knockblock

true im glad he isnt coming to portland but knowing kevin pritchard do you think he had other plans in the wait with hedo like maybe a sign and trade for a major upgrade at the PG which the blazers need or some other plan

I don't know what Pritchard was thinking in trying to get Turkgolu. He isn't worth the money that he was looking for. Hedo isn't gonna keep up the kind of season he had in 2008-2009 for the next 5-6 years.

The point guard position is what needs to be addressed the most. I'm wondering what moves Pricthard will make this offseason that will come through.

Guest GO!zilla

I hope the Celtics have gotten stronger with that long and grueling absence of KG. And like you said, Rasheed is much more effective on offense than Perkins so that's already a plus.

they did get older :lol:

wonder whats going to happen to starbury... is he still signed?

on other news, lakers resign shannon brown

ariza might be backing out of houston deal and going to cleveland instead.

i'm glad the lakers are pursuing shannon brown

something about hustle, creating plays, and defense makes me like a player

not like chucky atkins, smush parker, and listing and thinking about more will only make me angrier.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Marion might being going to Dallas in a sign-and-trade deal for... Stackhouse o.O

Stackhouse's contract is pretty valuable thought. $7 million for next season, but only $2 million is guaranteed which is attractive for a buyout.

Dampier

Dirk

Marion

Howard

Kidd

_____

Terry

Gortat

Barea

Much better than what I've seen in recent years from this team. Gortat might be able to knock Dampier as the starting C as well.

I'd count Brandon Bass, but they're not gonna re-sign hm at this rate.

Guest Viet_teKniks

^^^i hope the ship out dampier...only thing he was ever good out was maybe a tip out...and gortat immediatley brings an offense game...and then bring in marion...and we actually....actually have a pretty good team...please marion play like you once did in phoenix

^would marion be ideal for mavs type game? To my knowledge they are more of a halfcourt team rather than what marion is really use to, but no doubt marion is a good upgrade for the mavs in any form...

Guest thatguy

the likely of marbury coming back is low i think. he says he wants to be a starter.

Guest xsilentangel

He said he doesn't expect to be returning to Boston. Celts offered a one year contract using the veteran's minimum ($1.3 mil). Besides, three other teams are interested in him so he'll be of more use to them. Very, very slim chance he'll be back since he already said departing words to the fans and spoke of his experience from joining the team.

^ Haha maybe.... or maybe a complete failure, who knows.

Guest Viet_teKniks

^would marion be ideal for mavs type game? To my knowledge they are more of a halfcourt team rather than what marion is really use to, but no doubt marion is a good upgrade for the mavs in any form...

yeah we are a half court team...but we can definetly use his range from the three point line to his presence in the paint would be a plus...and i guess j-ho could play sg since antoine wright is just average...then the line up would be

C-Dampier(for now)

PF-Nowitzki

SF-Marion

SG-J Howard

PG- Kidd

BACKUP CREW

C-Gortat(for now)

PF-Brandon Bass(hopefully he stays)

SF-James Singleton

SG-Antoine Wright/ Jet Terry (6th man of the year)

PG-JJ Barea/ Beaubois

Guest DOVAHKIIN

yeah we are a half court team...but we can definetly use his range from the three point line to his presence in the paint would be a plus...and i guess j-ho could play sg since antoine wright is just average...then the line up would be

C-Dampier(for now)

PF-Nowitzki

SF-Marion

SG-J Howard

PG- Kidd

BACKUP CREW

C-Gortat(for now)

PF-Brandon Bass(hopefully he stays)

SF-James Singleton

SG-Antoine Wright/ Jet Terry (6th man of the year)

PG-JJ Barea/ Beaubois

Marion's three point range isn't that great... Bass isn't gonna be re-signed. His agent is looking for the MLE contract, but Bass isn't even a starter or anything close to the contributing sixth man Terry is. The best you can hope for Marion is to prevent rebounding relief for the soft Dirk and ancient Dampier.

The only thing slowing the Mavs down from playing fast-break is Dampier (that's a given), and Kidd's inability to shoot.

An ideal fast break line would be:

C- Dirk

PF - Marion

SF - Howard

SG - Terry

PG - Barea

But fast-break ball doesn't win you championships. It just inflates a lot of players' stats like Marion's. The Mavs are screwed like the Knicks for hitting the luxury tax, and I doubt Cuban's willing to pay up THAT much...

Guest polka_dotts

Trevor Ariza was on the radio and he said the Lakers never made him an offer. They told him they thought he would only be offered the MLE from any team. So then the next day when he thought they was all gonna discuss and take the MLE, he heard that the Lakers had already signed RonRon. Makes me kind of mad to hear that the Lakers treated him like that... seems like they never even wanted to resign him anyways cus they already knew they had RonRon on lock.

Yeah, David Lee isn't the best agent out here and whatnot, but combined w/ the history of the Lakers wanting RonRon and Trevor's description of hwo things went down, it just seems to me like he was Plan B. Doesn't seem like the Lakers even put forth a good effort to resign Trevor. Sad.

I'm gonna miss Trevor as a Laker, but I can't wait to see Shane Battier & Trevor together next year!

Archived