NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loving_D
And whoever said Rondo should be ejected.. oh cmon it was like Miller's hook on Ray Allen that fouled him out in Game 5. Yeah it was stupid of Rondo but there's no need for an ejection.

I can't believe people think he's a dirty player.. What the hell? I wish he made a better play at the end when he got rejected by Rose... SO STUPID.. They should've given it to Ray Allen.

I miss KG and Leon Powe..

it's because of what he's done in the past two games. i didn't mind rondo until game 5+6. but props to him for 19 assists tonight. and yeah, i wonder why they didn't give it to ray ray at the end. he was on fire! :blink:

the celtics suffered a lot tonight, not only were kg + powe out as usual, 3 of their starters got fouled out. that's rough. 'specially for paul clutch pierce.

---

hopefully, ben gordon can have a better night on saturday. 4-14 shooting, fouled out, technical. :wacko: man, he had a terrible night.

can't believe philly lost at home (by 20+). magic without dwight howard + courtney lee from beginning to end and turkoglu getting ejected in the 4th. seriously?!

Guest xsilentangel
you expected them to win 2 games? i don't think too many saw that coming. just like last year's playoff,got a win or two then flame out in the first round. as for getting more fans..not sure about that, ever since AI left, fans are not into the sixers. nobody goes to games. they give away tickets and people still don't show up. it's like the dana baros and 'spoon days.

Yeah I expected that after the Celtics almost lost to them a couple of times.

Well Sixers should be happy about the departure of AI since he's like a curse to teams now. (coughDetroit)

You guys are damn lucky, if I want a Celtics I have to pay $200+ for some nice tickets. The other ones leave me behind some really tall guy that keeps standing up to yell and try to get on the Jumbotron.

Oh and to loving_D sorry I am flustered with that loss I think I will flame anyone near me (I feel bad for my friends). Yeah all the Bulls fans are giving him boos whenever he touches the ball (this reminds me of Marbury when he first joined the Celtics)

Guest derrek

Orlando is broken down with injuries (Hedo, Rashad), lost their point guard, I expected Philly to take em for a ride at least.

what's gonna happen to t-mac now that they got this far without him...anyways great win and tough match next round for the Rockets!

i see Portland making more noise next season and beyond. great depth throughout, they just needed more production aside from Roy and LA.

ah, and watching Heinrich chesting up to Rondo was fricken hilarious! stiff arms, chest out.

Guest 432521

I am on my Iphone right now on my way home from the Rockets game, the game was crazy. I don't know if any one saw but at the end of the game where Artest ran into the crowd getting the ball, Well I was sitting like 3 rows up from the whole mob that had him. I wanted to run down there but my dad didn't let me. Man so happy finally after 12 years finally out of the 1st round.

I wonder what will happen to T-mac after this year.

Guest CKcrossover
I wonder what will happen to T-mac after this year.

I don't think he's welcome in Houston anymore

Rockets fans will probably run him out of town

After watching Rockets getting eliminated in the past few years

so happy that they finally made it out of the first round

I don't think he's welcome in Houston anymore

Rockets fans will probably run him out of town

After watching Rockets getting eliminated in the past few years

so happy that they finally made it out of the first round

the fans can run him out if they want, but management will have to pay him $23Mil. next season, and i still think he can help the team when he's healthy, whenever that will be, but by 2010 he'll be out.

i know, i just answered my own question...

Guest melo.breeze

the bulls actually had me rooting for them during the game, usually i'd just sit by and watch the game without

rooting for anyone in particular, but today's match was incredible !

and in regards to rajon rondo, i won't say he's a dirty player, but i will say he's a feisty player in need of maturing.

he's pulled a move like this a couple times this season, one time on lakers christmas day with kobe,

but it wasn't as bad, but it still shows he needs his attitude to mature on games that involve stacks loads of pressure.

props to ray allen on the incredible shooting night as well.

Guest LolitaMan
Uhm, no. The Rockets finished higher, buddy.

Mavs are 6th seed, not 5th.

How you mistook the Mavs' 50-32 record as being higher than the Rockets' 53-29 is beyond me.

Since I confused you....I was asking how does the Lakers get to play the Rockets who had a better record than the Mavs??!! Pretty odd compared to the NFL and NHL.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Since I confused you....I was asking how does the Lakers get to play the Rockets who had a better record than the Mavs??!! Pretty odd compared to the NFL and NHL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Playoffs#History

Scroll down to the 2007 brackets.

It's a different system than other pro sports leagues.

Oh well a disappointment again.

WHAT THE HELL? Ray Allen was BEHIND the line with that third that caused the second overtime (I don't recall anymore too many buzzer beaters.) .. But Rondo got away with a goaltending on Hinrich's basket. He definitely touched the ball after it hit the glass.. oh well I wanted to end it so Celtics have time to rest for Monday but I guess they have to win it at home sweet home :)..

Yeah, I always knew Ray Allen was amazing.

And whoever said Rondo should be ejected.. oh cmon it was like Miller's hook on Ray Allen that fouled him out in Game 5. Yeah it was stupid of Rondo but there's no need for an ejection.

I can't believe people think he's a dirty player.. What the hell? I wish he made a better play at the end when he got rejected by Rose... SO STUPID.. They should've given it to Ray Allen.

To all those who think Pierce should get an Oscar in last season's playoffs.. maybe Miller should get it this year. Ridiculous flops and facial expressions after he gets fouled or something. Pierce got stitches for a cut inside his nose and there were no free throws either so I guess all is even?

I miss KG and Leon Powe..

No... his foot touched the line. They even instant replayed it from different angles. The difference on Pierce was, he got chipped going for the rebound. If it was called a foul, it would've only been a loose ball foul... which I thought should've been called. I don't even know why the refs let the play continue after Pierce staggered and went to the bench.

I grinned seeing Scalabrine with a headband on.

T-Mac won't get run out... yet. And who's to say Artest will re-sign with the Rockets this summer yet?

Guest pacifical

bulls vs celtics.. 4/6 games went overtime, and game 6 went to TRIPLE OT.. can you say DRAMA?!?!?

today's game lasted FOUR HOURS.. four tiring, long, nerve wrecking, devastating, but in the end ECSTATIC hours :)

(go bulls)

Guest Jinkst

Yeah, the playoffs are great this year..

GG with Philly they played well but they seemed to play frustrated that game. I hope Elton Brand gets healthy again to make a run next year..

Guest SurpriseSex

The series between the Bulls and Celtics certainly has its share of drama, but I think that it's very lacking in good basketball. It's competitive. Very competitive. Perhaps too competitive, more competitive than it should be: both teams are playing some pretty horrible basketball and making horrible decisions. The Bulls in particular have horrendous shot selection and turn the ball over way too often. And the Celtics, for all their experience, still make boneheaded mistakes down the stretch. For all the remarkable plays to force overtime and double overtime and triple overtime, there are just as many, if not more, instances of poor execution and WAY TOO MANY JUMPSHOTS. Especially by the Bulls. You cannot live by the jumpshot, because you will DIE by the jumpshot. Derrick Rose made some very bad decisions in the last two games; for all his brilliance, he still needs to smarten up.

That said, game seven should be one for the ages.

Guest derrek
today's game lasted FOUR HOURS.. four tiring, long, nerve wrecking, devastating, but in the end ECSTATIC hours :)

(go bulls)

This is the first time I've seen them cut to the 2nd game of a double header and have it 7 mins left in the 3rd period! haha

Guest epark1281

Rondo SHOULD BE SUSPENDED FOR GAME 7.

Game 5, he commited a TEXTBOOK flagrant foul. Don't give me that, "it's the fourth quarter" crap. If it's a flagrant in the 1st, it's a flagrant in the 4th.

Section IV--Flagrant Foul

a. If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary, a flagrant foul--penalty (1) will be assessed. A personal foul is charged to the offender and a team foul is charged to the team.

Rondo didn't make a play on the ball and threw Miller a punch in the face. That's excessive and unnecessary.

And i'm sorry, if you THROW A PLAYER INTO THE SCORER'S TABLE, that's grounds to be THROWN OUT OF THE GAME.

b. If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpret-ed to be unnecessary and excessive, a flagrant foul--penalty (2) will be assessed. A personal foul is charged to the offender and a team foul is charged to the team.

And that's just if it's NOT seen as an act of "fighting". If it is the latter, that calls of an IMMEDIATE EJECTION.

2 Flagrants in 2 games is GOOD GROUNDS for a suspension.

I can't believe people think he's a dirty player..

DON'T BE A FRAUD!

Don't start with me you celts fans. IF IT WAS ROSE OR GORDON THAT DID THE SAME THING, YOU'D WANT HIS HEAD ON A PLATTER, so don't be phony and justify it to me. You'd all be calling them dirty if they said the same thing and YOU ALL KNOW IT.

218kuf.gif

LOOK AT THIS. LOOK AT IT!

If this was Hinrich pulling RONDO, Celtics fans wouldn't want a suspension?

and try and call this anything but a flagrant 1:

nba_a_miller_576.jpg

the definition of excessive contact.

If i'm Del Negro, i'm pushing HARD for a suspension.

READ THE RULES, KNOW THE GAME.

edit*

If you defend Rondo, that just means you DON'T know the RULES.

Archived