Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

Actor Jung Il-woo postpones fan meet-and-greets in Japan

Actor Jung Il-woo at the Busan International Film Festival on Oct. 5 [YONHAP]

Actor Jung Il-woo at the Busan International Film Festival on Oct. 5 [YONHAP]

Actor Jung Il-woo said Monday he will postpone his fan meet-and-greets in Japan following the Itaewon crush tragedy, a day before the first event was to be held. 

"The fan meet-and-greets in Tokyo and Osaka will be delayed and I sincerely apologize to the fans," Jung wrote on his social media, promising to meet with his fans at a later date.

Jung's agency also released a notice both in Korean and Japanese sending its condolences regarding the recent tragedy.

"We made this difficult decision to send condolences during the national mourning period," the agency wrote. "We once again apologize for postponing the event to those who have been waiting for the fan meet-and-greets in Tokyo and Osaka."

Jung was scheduled to host fan meet-and-greet tours "2022 Jung Il Woo Japan Fan Meeting Tour~smilwoo Be Happy" on Nov. 1 in Osaka and Nov. 4 in Tokyo.  

Jung debuted in 2006 in MBC’s legendary sitcom “High Kick!” (2006-07). He has since appeared in television dramas including MBC’s “The Return of Iljimae” (2009), SBS’s “49 Days” (2011) and MBN’s “Bossam: Steal the Fate” (2021).

BY CHO JUNG-WOO [cho.jungwoo1@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/10/31/entertainment/television/korea-jung-ilwoo-itaewon-crush/20221031130404034.html

• Like 1

*** "The Highway Family" (2021) opens TODAY, November 2 in Korea.   :Megalol:

Directed by Lee Sang-moon

With Ra Mi-ran, Jung Il-woo, Kim Seul-gi, Bek Hyunjin, Seo Yi-soo, Park Da-on,...

Started filming: 2021/10/18
Synopsis
Ra Mi-ran will play a woman who runs an antique furniture store as she grieves the untimely death of her son. Bek Hyunjin will feature as her husband, who accepts her grief and supports her. Jung Il-woo is on board to play a father earning a living to support his wife and two children, while Kim Seul-gi is cast as his wife. The film will chronicle what happens to these families when they meet at a highway rest stop.

photo1578763.jpg

photo : Hancinema

*** JIW will bring out completely new face through the movie "The Highway Family"It depicts the sad lives of those who have no choice but to live wandering. He said - "I tried to understand the character who lives a begging life with his two beloved children. There are people who don't even have a chance to live a normal life".  He said before that he wanted to play an unusual character in his return film. He waited a long time for this movie because he was acting mainly in dramas for these past few years. He said - "I was worried because it was my first time playing the role. Before the shoot, I spent a hell of a time thinking, "Why did I say I would do it?" The director told me to act like Yoon-ho in "High Kick! ".  In order to properly express the homeless, I did not put on makeup or shave. I wore 'climbing shoes with tattered soles' throughout the shoot. In order to express a person suffering from mental illness, I met with a psychiatrist, talked, asked for understanding, and observed a patient counseling.  I didn't care about the exterior at all. The director told me that I could go to all the way to the end. In the movie, I applied mud on my face and drooled because of mental illness, but I didn't feel anything. I met a lot of people at the nursing hospital where I stood substitute duty for the military. Looking at them, I didn't think that behavior was strange".  He has always dreamed of a change in acting. I didn't know it was him in the movie.   :Ohboy3:

photo1579019.jpg

photo source : Hancinema

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2022.11.04 ~ 2022.11.06

source https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Confession - 2020" (자백) 2022/10/26 172 267 536 002
2 "Remember - 2020" (리멤버) 2022/10/26 69 473 366 874
3 "Black Adam"   64 314 755 363
4 "Crayon Shin-chan: School Mystery! The Splendid Tenkasu Academy" (映画クレヨンしんちゃん 謎メキ!花の天カス学園)   42 763 752 938
5 "Everything Everywhere All At Once"   40 567 241 471
6 "Life Is Beautiful - 2020" (인생은 아름다워) 2022/09/28 28 358 1 118 245
7 "Confidential Assignment 2: International" (공조2:인터내셔날) 2022/09/07 13 784 6 974 145
8 "The Highway Family" (고속도로 가족) 2022/11/02 9 181 17 114
9 "AINBO: Spirit of the Amazon" (Ainbo: El espíritu del Amazonas)   8 023 31 166
10 "Where the Crawdads Sing"   5 024 9 674

• 2 weeks later...

*** JIW has a COOL  reaction when finding out a scratch on his car. Yesterday, November 17th, he posted a photo on his Instagram account with a caption, “I wonder how a person who scratched someone else’s car then left feel. Found this while washing the car”The picture shows a long and clear scratch near the wheel of his Porsche car. His appearance taking a photo of the scratch was reflected on the car’s surface. He must have been upset by the scratch, but he didn’t blame the person who caused the scratch and left without apologizing. Rather, he reacted coolly, “I will have to paint it”. According to Article 156-10 of the Road Traffic Act, a person who did not provide personal information to the victim after damaging a parked or stopped car may be fined up to 200,000 won.   :heart2:

jung il woo porsche

• 2 weeks later...

Hyun Bin’s My Lovely Sam Soon, Ha Ji Won’s Chocolate and more: 5 food oriented K-Dramas to watch

K-Dramas have some amazing food scenes but there are some dramas that revolve around food so here is our curated list of those series!

Sweet Munchies 

Park Jin Sung (Jung Il Woo), a chef who works at a late-night snack restaurant, is struggling to find money to pay for his father's medical bills. When Kim Ah Jin (Kang Ji Young), a television assistant director who is one of his regular clients, asks him if he knows a gay chef who could star in her cooking program, he decides to lie about his sexual orientation and gets the part. Both become involved with fashion designer Kang Tae Wan (Lee Hak Joo) who seems to hide a secret of his own. Park Jin Sung runs an odd little late-night restaurant where customers only choose which drinks they want and their appetizers are chosen by him, who customizes the dishes to match their drinks. His goal is to provide diners with warmth and comfort through delicious food and excellent customer service. Seeing customers enjoy their food also gives him a great measure of happiness. At the urging of one of his regular customers, him becomes the host of a new variety show called Midnight Snack Couple, which shoots him to popularity and fame. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/hyun-bins-my-lovely-sam-soon-ha-ji-wons-chocolate-and-more-5-food-oriented-k-dramas-to-watch-1200712

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On December 6, 2022 Data)

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On December 6, 2022 Data)

1. "Reborn Rich"

2. "Under the Queen's Umbrella"

3. "Wednesday"

4. "Good Job"

5. "Tale of the Nine-Tailed"

6. "Korea No. 1"

7. "Love is for Suckers"

8. "Somebody"

9. "Hospital Playlist"

10. "I'm Solo"

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-popular-netflix-programs-currently-in-korea-based-on-december-6-2022-data/

7 Celebrities Who Continue To Suffer From The Effects Of Serious Permanent Injuries

Some of these idols are lucky to be alive.

4. Jung Il Woo

While Lee Min Ho’s injuries were severe, Jung Il Woo’s injuries were considered much worse. He suffered a concussion, brain hemorrhage, and suffered partial amnesia.

4fky7Wx2nzU2sWMZoufS_jaRyu4_SgFLB-Y5eEYy0D1IQlozy2bCQFU8Tk1WOPOevd3UIlX8384ExRZ8WGvT5c5LtQ5mbnv_9Q=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Not only that but he had a broken wrist and pelvic bone. Like Lee Min Ho, he had to spend months in the hospital but still didn’t receive enough rehab.

4GVUPD11xyIn3yi2Cf02f-KhAD9n_TGvzAQOG5sGioJMUam_I-in4Ahx6rIlWstQJ5hfpr_K6utfMxA7JalIKqkZzaZcUApcqOg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Both Jung Il Woo and Lee Min Ho were exempted from active military duty are serving in public service instead.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/7-celebrities-continue-suffer-effects-serious-permanent-injuries/

17 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

15. "Bossam: Steal the Fate"

17 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

MBN

When: 2021

Cast: Jung IlWoo, Girls' Generation's (Kwon) YuRi, Shin HyunSoo

Summary: The man who lives by kidnapping widows for remarriage life is turned upside down when he kidnapped a princess by mistake.

For: Viewers looking for an emotional romance touching on the women's condition in Joseon with politics.

Why watch?: The background of this drama about widow and women in Joseon make it memorable. The overall atmosphere is quite serious and emotional as the lead characters' situations are far from being happy once. Complex love relationships, dangerous situations, and politics are keywords.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-romance-historical-kdramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

• Like 1

From “Reborn Rich” to “Why Her”… Top 10 K-dramas that were most loved abroad in 2022

What are the K-dramas that were loved abroad in 2022?

On Dec 19th, global OTT Rakuten Viki released the 10 titles that were most loved among Korean dramas that were serviced throughout the world, including North America, Europe and Oceania, in 2022.

The 10 K-dramas listed on this day included various themes and genres, including “Reborn Rich” (No.1), “Love in Contract”, “Sh**ting Stars”, “Why Her”, “Yumi’s Cells Season 2”, “If You Wish Upon Me”, “Woori the Virgin”, “Love Is for Suckers”, “The Law Cafe” and “Good Job”.

source : https://kbizoom.com/from-reborn-rich-to-why-her-top-10-k-dramas-that-were-most-loved-abroad-in-2022/

• 2 weeks later...

Are You Being Served? 7 K-Drama Master Chefs Who Own The Kitchen

There is something irresistible when a handsome chef rolls up his sleeves, wields the kitchen knife with clever precision, dices vegetables, blends the ingredients, and grills the meat, going through the complex motions of cooking with the skillful ease of a maestro. If you are wondering where can you find this embodiment of perfection, who even plates the food with flair, well you don’t need to look too far. K-dramas have given us the prototype of the complete man, who has defied the stereotypical image of the hero in pop culture narratives. The kitchen has been owned by the men in these dramas who have proven their expertise as cooks over and above their many skills, masterfully ladling out scrumptious fare.

Without further ado, here are seven talented K-drama chefs who had viewers tempted and craving their hearts out.

Sweet Munchies

IMG_5408.jpg

Here we find a bistro to heal the brokenhearted, calm the stressed, and nourish the fatigued. Chef Park Jin Sung’s (Jung Il Woo) hands work magic as he serves a scrumptious spread to his guests. Bogged down by debt, he decides to participate in a cooking show. But here comes the twist: he lies about his sexual orientation since Kim Ah Jin (Kang Ji Young) is looking for a gay chef. What ensues is a comedy of errors, especially when fashion designer Kang Tae Wan (Lee Hak Joo) arrives on the scene.

“Sweet Munchies” will tantalize you with some delicious fare such as mouthwatering tofu stew and fried chicken. But the drama also sensitively delves into socio cultural issues, be it battling sexism in the workplace or the discrimination faced by the LGBTQ community. And a special shoutout to Jung Il Woo, who channeled his inner chef by doing all the cooking by himself!

Start watching “Sweet Munchies”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...