Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

11 Actors whose careers were defined by rom-coms

Romantic comedies add little fun--and fantasy--to life, bringing viewers nothing but pure joy. No matter what type of relationship you may be in, rom-coms have elements everyone would love to add to their romance. The careers of the actors on this list were literally defined by the genre. In fact, they fell harder for rom-coms than any of us because it shot them to superstardom!

Let's take a look at some of these guys now.

9. Jung Il Woo

The world took notice of the debonair 30 year-old actor in the 2006 comedic daily series Unstoppable High Kick. His popularity continued to soar after that year, and he starred in beloved Cinderella themed shows like Flower Boy Ramen Shop and Cinderella and Four Knights

cc8c2ec4-1653-44f5-8a2b-7ccb6d853917.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

• Like 2

On 9/25/2017 at 11:18 AM, hugo10 said:

Reveal hidden contents

21761906_1964689700409860_10046227858755

21761850_1964689673743196_76423714751211

21768417_1964689650409865_91007220530171

22007361_1964689623743201_84073958501165

21766609_1964689587076538_60629744400060

22007983_1964689537076543_33802594804607

22007423_1964689507076546_29491576693942

21687766_1964689487076548_87984740124589

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing the pictures.  Awww.......I noticed that JIW looked to have gained weight, huh?  I can no longer see his sharp jawline.  Regardless of his chubby cheeks I still find him looking good. I missed those smiles. So NICE to see that he looks happy & well. He's enjoying himself like every person should - away from the limelight in the meantime. :tongue:

• Like 1

Did Actor Jung Il Woo Get Surgery or Gained Weight? Netizens React To His New Look

actor-jpg.jpg?w=650

After spending some time away from the spotlight, actor Jung Il Woo was spotted at the '2017 Seoripul Festival' on September 24th and his appearance became a hot issue among fans mainly because of his change in looks.

actor2-jpg.jpg?w=650

Fans noticed something different about his face and particularly his jaw. No, it wasn't surgery, this idol naturally gained weight - enough of it that he lost his signature sharp jawline feature! The actor was remembered and recognized for having sharp, eye-catching features.

Although still handsome, he is lacking what made him so popular which left fans puzzled.

fat-jpg.jpg?w=650

Despite being surprised by his new appearance, fans commented on his face and smile saying he still looked handsome and good-looking. Some even adored his adorable new look and think he looks healthier with his more weight on him. How do you weigh in on Jung II Woo's new style?

fat2-jpg.jpg?w=650

source : © Copyright 2017 KpopStarz.com. All Rights Reserved.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jeannie Teo said:

He looks happy :) Tq for sharing the articles @ilwoo_aein , @willenette & @hugo10

Hi Jeanie Teo,  whatever some articles say about him, it’s fine as long as he's happy& healthy. It's most definitely his medication that caused his face swollen. That accident really leaves huge impact on both of them with Lee Min Ho. ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New stills from Chinese drama "Beautiful Woman" 《女人花似梦》

The producer [weibo 诗人潘婷] said "One year of filming plus two years of banning Hallyu, three years passed by quickly. Our team has suffered a lot. Finally, there are chances to release the drama. It has been re-edited, re-colored and re-produced on the background music & overall structure to maintain modern look. Please look forward to it".

DNdzGRTUEAASo40.jpg

DNdzGRbUQAAm7Zn.jpg

DNdy9nhVoAEyh3V.jpg

DNdzGIVV4AEj29r.jpg

DNdzGN7VAAE2608.jpg

DNdy9nDV4AA1bmb.jpg

DNdy9nCUIAAqvxk.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/20/2017 at 5:51 AM, willenette said:

Hi Jeanie Teo,  whatever some articles say about him, it’s fine as long as he's happy& healthy. It's most definitely his medication that caused his face swollen. That accident really leaves huge impact on both of them with Lee Min Ho. ^_^

Hello, I didn't realize the weight gain was a result of his medicine. I think he's still handsome 

@wannaonehighlight So sorry to read about your original account. I hope you can recover it soon:wub: my dear 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, evie7 said:

Hello, I didn't realize the weight gain was a result of his medicine. I think he's still handsome 

@wannaonehighlight So sorry to read about your original account. I hope you can recover it soon:wub: my dear 

Hi evie, that's what i presume, dear..... or might be he really gains weight.....:tongue:And right you are - JIW still looks fine despite that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 12:49 PM, wannaonehighlight said:

Hello! This is ilwoo_aein. Something happened with my old account and i can't use it, so i'm  using my new account for the time being. I will use my old account to post once everything's back to normal. :)

@ilwoo_aein  @wannaonehighlight Thank you for all the updates! Hope you can recover your old account soon.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 10:45 PM, didixiaoyu said:

MMA magazine ‘Ode to Youth’ 청춘예찬 Summer 2017 VOL. 90

mma.go.kr/download/ebook/2017 summer No90.pdf

a4f76a69gy1fl0510a1v4j20od0twwtc.jpg

a4f76a69gy1fl0516dacdj21cq0twx5f.jpg

a4f76a69gy1fl051af5nkj21cm0tw4qp.jpg

IN THE NAME OF YOUTH

Jung Il Woo, social worker

Jung Il Woo greets our team with smile like cool summer breeze.  He is currently fulfilling South Korea’s mandatory military service as a social worker.  Although he might seem little different working as a social worker from what we usually see him on screen, he was confident and passionate as always.

Q. What are your duties as social worker and what have you been up to?

A. When I first joined, I received training from the Human Resources Development of Korean Social and Health Services.  Currently, I am working at a senior care facility in Seo-Cho district, Seoul, which is run by Seoul Catholic Social Services.  I do a variety of work for seniors.  My duties include helping seniors with eating, taking a bath, rehabilitation exercise, etc.

I use public transportation to commute. I work in the senior facility in the day time and I attend an English learning class after work.  I try to keep myself busy and I do not feel disconnected with the society as other people serving the military services may feel.

I am no longer young (laugh), I have been working hard as an actor for about ten years and now I take this time serving the community as an opportunity to get more experience in life and get better at myself.  To that extent, the Seo-Cho senior center is a good, heart-warming place for me that it allows me to interact with seniors and make good memories.

We asked some tough questions and asked about difficult times to Il-Woo.  His smile is bright, we feel love from his warm words.

Q. We heard that you went through tough times until you got accepted to the mandatory social services.

A.  I was assessed that I am not capable of serving military due to a car accident that happened to me when I was 20 years old.  Therefore, serving the country as social worker was the second choice for me.  When I was 27, I was diagnosed with intracranial aneurysm (note: intracranial aneurysm, also known as brain aneurysm, is a cerebrovascular disorder in which weakness in the wall of a cerebral artery or vein causes a localized dilation or ballooning of the blood vessel).  For this reason, I could have possibly been exempt from military service.  However, I did not apply for a re-examination of physical assessment.  I wanted to contribute to the country and fulfill my duty.

Q. How are you coping with your illness, brain aneurysm? 

A.  At first, I was criticized by the public that I work as social worker, not in the military.  Once my diagnose became known, the criticism stopped and I received many warm words from fans.  I feel that it is a right thing to do to fulfill my military/social services, so I did not try to get away with military services.  It is tough and hard to serve for two years.  However, I wanted to be feel confident myself and I did not want to feel ashamed because of the exemption.  I seem completely healthy and normal, don’t I? (laugh)   

We know about brain aneurysm because actor Ahn Jae Wook had it. Il-Woo has headaches at times due to his illness, however he tries not to show and be resilient.

Q. We hear that you get lots of compliments and recognition at the Seo-Cho Senior’s facility.

A.  I am humbled.  I just do my job at my best ability.  Through this experience and training, I have learned the important roles of caregiver and social services.  It is important to approach people in needs with a big warm heart.  As part of training, I took seniors outside and they really enjoyed the time.  I think about my grant parents more often these days.  As the society is aging, I feel that we need better support system for seniors.  To that extent, we need more social workers and they play an important role.  Some may view working as social worker, as opposed to serving the military, negatively.  I wish this could change and more people could support social workers.

Il-Woo received a recognition award from the training center for making a promotion film with his teammates. He says that he is enjoying the life and see things differently.

Q. You have been also active in charitable giving and activities.

A.  I have been interested in charitable giving and activities for quite some time.  So I try to do volunteer activities and donate to charities whenever I can.  Before I joined the senior’s center, I participated in helping children in other poor countries.  It was great and heart warming that many of my fans also participated in the activities that I endeavoured.  As an actor and a public personality, I try to draw attention to where it needs.  I try to do my best in the current role that I was given as social worker in the hope that more people will pay attention to.

Il-Woo has been engaged in charitable giving and activities for quite some time.  He donated part of his assets to the Sewol ferry victims.  Recently, he donated to the senior centre that he currently works at.  We asked about his future aspirations.

Q. Tell us about your future plans and aspirations.

A.  I am studying English in the hope that I can reach out and communicate with fans in other countries.  I am working out as much as I can.  My dad said “spend the two years for yourself and invest the time to yourself”.  I would like to spend the rest of time in the senior centre in a meaningful way.  I would like to come out as a better actor who cooperates well with other staff, actors and actresses, rather than standing out myself.

Q.  What would you like to say to colleagues serving the military/social services and to your fans.

A.  I would like to give a cheerful message to everyone who is serving this country.  I, as a member of the society, am also working hard to serve the community.  Sometimes we hit obstacles and have setbacks, I would encourage everyone to embrace the challenges and think as growing opportunities.  To my fans, I really appreciate every one of you for your patience and love.  I will continue to do my best until I get back to the community and come back as an actor.  I love you all.  Please stay happy, fans.

We felt the love and youth from Il-Woo.  There still seems to be a stigma about social workers.  However, we need to pay more close and warm attention to those work in the social service area, helping out people in needs.

(translated by Chan)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 11:40 PM, didixiaoyu said:

IN THE NAME OF YOUTH

Jung Il Woo, social worker

Jung Il Woo greets our team with smile like cool summer breeze.  He is currently fulfilling South Korea’s mandatory military service as a social worker.  Although he might seem little different working as a social worker from what we usually see him on screen, he was confident and passionate as always.

Q. What are your duties as social worker and what have you been up to?

A. When I first joined, I received training from the Human Resources Development of Korean Social and Health Services.  Currently, I am working at a senior care facility in Seo-Cho district, Seoul, which is run by Seoul Catholic Social Services.  I do a variety of work for seniors.  My duties include helping seniors with eating, taking a bath, rehabilitation exercise, etc.

I use public transportation to commute. I work in the senior facility in the day time and I attend an English learning class after work.  I try to keep myself busy and I do not feel disconnected with the society as other people serving the military services may feel.

I am no longer young (laugh), I have been working hard as an actor for about ten years and now I take this time serving the community as an opportunity to get more experience in life and get better at myself.  To that extent, the Seo-Cho senior center is a good, heart-warming place for me that it allows me to interact with seniors and make good memories.

We asked some tough questions and asked about difficult times to Il-Woo.  His smile is bright, we feel love from his warm words.

Q. We heard that you went through tough times until you got accepted to the mandatory social services.

A.  I was assessed that I am not capable of serving military due to a car accident that happened to me when I was 20 years old.  Therefore, serving the country as social worker was the second choice for me.  When I was 27, I was diagnosed with intracranial aneurysm (note: intracranial aneurysm, also known as brain aneurysm, is a cerebrovascular disorder in which weakness in the wall of a cerebral artery or vein causes a localized dilation or ballooning of the blood vessel).  For this reason, I could have possibly been exempt from military service.  However, I did not apply for a re-examination of physical assessment.  I wanted to contribute to the country and fulfill my duty.

Q. How are you coping with your illness, brain aneurysm? 

A.  At first, I was criticized by the public that I work as social worker, not in the military.  Once my diagnose became known, the criticism stopped and I received many warm words from fans.  I feel that it is a right thing to do to fulfill my military/social services, so I did not try to get away with military services.  It is tough and hard to serve for two years.  However, I wanted to be feel confident myself and I did not want to feel ashamed because of the exemption.  I seem completely healthy and normal, don’t I? (laugh)   

We know about brain aneurysm because actor Ahn Jae Wook had it. Il-Woo has headaches at times due to his illness, however he tries not to show and be resilient.

Q. We hear that you get lots of compliments and recognition at the Seo-Cho Senior’s facility.

A.  I am humbled.  I just do my job at my best ability.  Through this experience and training, I have learned the important roles of caregiver and social services.  It is important to approach people in needs with a big warm heart.  As part of training, I took seniors outside and they really enjoyed the time.  I think about my grant parents more often these days.  As the society is aging, I feel that we need better support system for seniors.  To that extent, we need more social workers and they play an important role.  Some may view working as social worker, as opposed to serving the military, negatively.  I wish this could change and more people could support social workers.

Il-Woo received a recognition award from the training center for making a promotion film with his teammates. He says that he is enjoying the life and see things differently.

Q. You have been also active in charitable giving and activities.

A.  I have been interested in charitable giving and activities for quite some time.  So I try to do volunteer activities and donate to charities whenever I can.  Before I joined the senior’s center, I participated in helping children in other poor countries.  It was great and heart warming that many of my fans also participated in the activities that I endeavoured.  As an actor and a public personality, I try to draw attention to where it needs.  I try to do my best in the current role that I was given as social worker in the hope that more people will pay attention to.

Il-Woo has been engaged in charitable giving and activities for quite some time.  He donated part of his assets to the Sewol ferry victims.  Recently, he donated to the senior centre that he currently works at.  We asked about his future aspirations.

Q. Tell us about your future plans and aspirations.

A.  I am studying English in the hope that I can reach out and communicate with fans in other countries.  I am working out as much as I can.  My dad said “spend the two years for yourself and invest the time to yourself”.  I would like to spend the rest of time in the senior centre in a meaningful way.  I would like to come out as a better actor who cooperates well with other staff, actors and actresses, rather than standing out myself.

Q.  What would you like to say to colleagues serving the military/social services and to your fans.

A.  I would like to give a cheerful message to everyone who is serving this country.  I, as a member of the society, am also working hard to serve the community.  Sometimes we hit obstacles and have setbacks, I would encourage everyone to embrace the challenges and think as growing opportunities.  To my fans, I really appreciate every one of you for your patience and love.  I will continue to do my best until I get back to the community and come back as an actor.  I love you all.  Please stay happy, fans.

We felt the love and youth from Il-Woo.  There still seems to be a stigma about social workers.  However, we need to pay more close and warm attention to those work in the social service area, helping out people in needs.

(translated by Chan)

Hi didixiaoyu, thanks for sharing this interview. I wonder why he uses public transportation when he can use his own car. And I'm proud of him for developing something more for himself by currently learning English while he's not busy in the meantime under the limelight. I couldn't agree with him more - because when you know how to speak this language & fluent on it you could easily reach-out to your global fans.....NICE! I miss JIW! Despite that he gains a little weight, he still looks COOL for me! :tongue:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jung Il Woo 20171202 IG update

24294183_512858009069833_150046739899742

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24232403_512858002403167_330338142684725

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24312412_512858005736500_275265975444608

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20171203 IG

24174484_512858655736435_162215292758820

• Like 1