[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest prncssptri

hi people! i just noticed it's been such a long time since i post anything in this thread,

i miss the boys so much so i'll just post something today :P

Tiff, your profile pic is HOT!! wannie oppa is sooooo hot in that pic XDDD

and ahaha i can't believe Liveworks tweeted that! RicSyung shipper by heart? ROFL.

Hikkie, THANKS for adding those pics! i haven't seen those two of Jinnie's pics!

wishing for more eric and hyesung pics -_- hehehe

RkoCenaHolic23, hey! so far, the only member who have a comeback (music wise) plan

is hyesung. Eric will be discharged from the army in October while Dongwan will be released in December.

and for the other members (andy, minwoo, junjin), we'll have to wait a lil longer since they're still in the army :)

Hopefully, we'll hear about eric's future plans soon after his released and dongwan too early next year.

I, too, can't wait to see them back on stage as one! Hope these help :)

hey all, don't forget to keep watching Shinhwa's Brand New :D :D :D

and the epic Shinhwa love (one of the thousands reasons why we love them)

jinnie wants to kiss wannie and mommy bird is not happy with this! XDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxE4amwarY&feature=related

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 80slitenite

Putri!! hahaha that vid is perfect for OTP week in shinhwa tumblr!!

tsk tsk Hyesung. Baby bird loves all his brothers. XD

A;LDKFJAL;SKJFALSKJFAKJFLSAKJLS MORE CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RicMin World Cup fever!!!!

2dhrw2b.jpg

ogb2m9.jpg

o7kdhx.jpg

2n7obj9.jpg

2rfya0n.jpg

15h0cnd.jpg

Credits: Naver cafe + Six Senses + AbsolutShinhwa

awww. minwoo looks so adorable in those pictures, especially that last one... but help me out here anyone: if they are enlisted to serve there army duties, they are still able to meet up and hang out? or is it that they are stationed at the same base? i dunno whats going on but its great to see them together!

Guest rose_liana

Tiff unni watching Xman Germany instead of World Cup! that was a good choice! lol

SD#$%%CVF%#@!BGF#$%!!!!!!!! LOL OMG!!! RICMIN looks handsome and cute in all of the pictures!!! thanks for posting them here unni XD

me_n_minwoo_1my fav is the last one too~ Minu looks freaking CUTEE!!!!!!!!!!XDDDD he got "the smile that can brighten up the day" lol anyway, i think they still can hang out together because they're not on active duty just like Andy who live in the Army camp~

so happy to see these pictures!!! keep them coming!!! XDDD

HOHO.. finally there's ricmin!!yeah yeah~~~

how i wish dongwannie could join them! that would be perfect?

i wan a clearer version of ricsyung also hehehe.. i'm too greedy right!!:P

minwoo sure look so cute in the last pic(the dog is super duper huge)hahah..

Guest yumoon

woahhh~~ SOO HAPPY TO SEE pictures of SHINHWA surfacing again~

brb, i am going to cry for while~

HAHAH

AHH~ thw white dog is SOOOO CUTE~!1 hahahahha

I hope korea enters the semi finals~~

Then we can see more pics of shinhwa gathering together~

hahah

thanks for sharing~

Guest ixia320

Check out Nina's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ninaxman :)

goodness!!, they are so quick to suspend accounts! what's wrong with them? argh!

Guest ixia320

minwoo and eric are as handsome as ever, love the cute big dog (minwoo's?). whenever i miss them i just play their music in my room (right now playing vol.9 track 10). thank you for sharing the pictures. so happy to see them together.

Guest Luvelle.Ai

so I feel like I haven't been keeping up with shinhwa as much since most of the members are in the army now and I wanted to just reminisce so I was looking for loveletter season 1 episodes, but I'm unable to find any on youtube. if anyone can give me a link for subbed loveletter episodes, i would greatly appreciate it.

can't wait for their comeback and awww bong looks so cute holding the child.

i have Love Letter Season 1 Episode 2-7 (with all shinhwa in ^_^) while only have part of episode 1. Let me know how can i share it with u. ^^

Guest 80slitenite

[100618] Idol Singer Who Couldn't Become a Hit...

why he's happy

100617_17_1.jpg

Producer Park Sang Joon of former "Smax"... memories of being an idol

It was a dance team called Dicky-Ducky. One of the numerous teen dance teams that thrived after the debut of Seo Taiji and Boys. 16 year old Park Sangjoon was a "Seo Taiji kid" that formed Dicky-Ducky with high school friends in 1995.

Fast forward 15 years. H.O.T. and Sechs Kies came and went; age of god, Shinhwa, Finkl and S.E.S. is also over. In between, Park's life was full of ups and downs. From a member of an amateur dance team to a trainee, rapper, vocal, freelance music producer, and to a vocal teacher. One thing that haven't changed is that he was still in the music industry.

There is only one reality and one story to this. It concerns the experiences of being in an idol group and out of an idol group. An ex-idol Park Sang Joon (31) who was a trainee for 7 years and a singer for 2 years. We heard his story.

I am a trainee

Amateur dance team Dicky-Ducky, consisting of 4 students from Junju Arts High School, first won at the '96 National Dance Competition. Park signed a contract with a now-defunct agency. From a dancer to an idol-trainee, that was a huge leap in the hierarchy.

The practice room was a basement storage room in Seoul. One girl, and three boys had to take care of sleeping and eating with three beds. There wasn't a bathroom so they had to go to a neighboring public bath. Even if they had to go to the washroom at night, they had to wait until the public bath opened at 4:30 in the morning.

Soon, they caught the eye of someone from the SM Entertainment agency. Park and Lee Minwoo, who later debuted in Shinhwa, moved to SM soon after. Lee Minwoo was also a Dicky-Ducky member. They were both still trainees but just being under SM was a huge victory. 3 teenage girls who practiced with them soon debuted. They were Bada, Yugene, Shu of S.E.S. Park and Lee Minwoo were told to participate as backup dancers. Park, who was preparing for the Shinhwa debut, wasn't into the idea. Then, he was told to rap for the title song of S.E.S. Again, he refused. The initial trainees who were supposed to form Shinhwa all protested. But there was no way that trainees could win over the agency. In the end, Park left SM. It was 1998.

Seo Taiji and Boys, who debuted in 1992, changed the music industry, and also Park's life. When Seo Taiji retired in 1996, with H.O.T ('96) at the head, Sechs Kies - NRG - SES - Baby Vox ('97), Shinhwa - Finkl - Onetime ('98) debuted one after another. They rewrote the pop culture history, turning the music industry into an idol culture. Many, influenced by Seo Taiji, sang defiant songs. In that time, when numerous stars rose and fell, Park remained a trainee.

Grabbing the Last Opportunity

He moved agencies to World Music. His situation became more difficult. There were already numerous other trainees who could dance well. The second generation of idols was growing. Park had to stay strong. 9 in the morning, when his peers went to school, he went to practice. There wasn't an order in the training. There wasn't a program or an instructor. The star-wannabes just had to put on music, and sing and dance to it. They would dance for an hour and practice singing for 30 minutes. 10 cycles of dancing and singing. When the night fell, they were always dead tired.

In late 1999 he debuted as a rapper in group Valentine but it wasn't easy to escape being a trainee. The rock-ballad dance song that was out of fad was soon forgotten. In no time, he was back to being a trainee. Then a chance came from an unexpected place. It was after he sang Solid's "Grabbing the end of this night" at a company get-together.

A bit later, a former company employee came to him. "You sing well. Work with me." With his help Park moved to Season Entertainment. In 2003, the first album of Smax, an idol group with Park as the lead vocal, came out. Lee Minwoo who has already became a huge star made an appearance in the music video and SMAX went on major music shows. A fanclub was formed and they appeared in variety shows. Monthly income of 5,000,000 won. Their name was getting known. But it didn't take long for them to realize that they had started too late.

god, who had debuted in 1999, changed the flow of idol singers. Replacing the defiant, revolting "warrior" idols were the sympathetic, soft idols. In 2000, with MBC TV's "god's Baby Diary", they created the new generation of familiar idols who were loved by all generations. The 1997 financial crisis also had a huge impact. Including Finkl, Koyote - Sharp ('98), Fly to the Sky - As One - Cleo ('99), RyanghyunRyangha-Shakra-Papaya ('00) and others who made soft, smooth music dominated the market. Shinhwa popularized the "body jjang" idols. It was the beginning of "beast idols" that would eventually result in Bi and 2PM. A family system of agencies also emerged. Japanese-style SM Entertainment, American style JYP, and hip-hop oriented YG Entertainment were clearly different from each other.

Pushed over by the girls

SMAX was considered 'relatively' long-run as it lasted 2 years until 2004. But that was the last. Park was already 25. There was no longer offers of recording. In 2006 he went to serve his military service, and after he came out he tried to find a recording deal but it wasn't easy. The world was already in the hands of the girl groups.

"The most wanted entertainers for events were definitely the girl groups. And then it's not the male idols but musicians who could 'party well' like Psy. If you invited SNSD, depending on whether all the members were present or only a few, the price differed by 10 million wons," Park explained the girl group craze.

There was no way that someone in late 20's who'd already gone to military could become an idol again. The chances of doing a solo singer activities were also slim. You couldn't 'hit it big' if you didn't go on variety shows, and to singers who didn't 'hit it big', there wasn't even a chance at singing one song anywhere.

The girl group craze started with Wonder Girls in 2007 and exploded with SNSD. Just in the last one year, 7 girl groups, including After School, f(x), 2NE1, 4Minute, T-ara debuted at once. The universal code was "sexy". With it, the 30-40 male fanbase emerged. These 'uncle fans' who were savvy with internet and had money to invest were considered part of an emergence of a new fandom culture. Research Kim Sung Yoon at the Culture Social Researching Center said that "the girl groups, who were like nieces but sexy at the same time, were reawakening the past experiences of the 30-40 male fanbase who were once the 1st generation fans of Seo Taiji era".

The Last of Idol

"Very good. We'll do a doubling on the chorus, so go one more time."

26th of last month. One recording studio in Seoul. Park was doing the finishing touches on the final recordings of idol group D-NA's latest project. As Park shouts into the microphone, 20-year old trainee Mika says "was it ok?" and smiles.

After his military service, Park released few singles at an independent label and ended his singing career. He learned songwriting and recording and became a freelance producer. D-NA's first official album is his first work as a producer. At the request of the agency, he is also giving vocal lessons to the trainees.

"I was often acknowledged for my singing abilities when I was a trainee."

Among the Dicky-Ducky members, Park is the only one who is still doing music. Lee Minwoo is not doing any activities currently since he started serving his military service early this year. Another member is running an Internet Cafe in Junju, and the other is working at an insurance company in Gwangju.

"Idol groups receive a lot of training. They learn everything from manners to talents. They are often instructed by their company to do imitate famous people or do comical dances, and their performances are reviewed by their companies after airing. That's only the preparation for variety programs, and the preparation for singing and dance is unbelievable. Most of them are very talented but... they don't last long. They don't know how world turns. They weren't trained to 'survive'."

Park told us that his uncle recently talked of his past experiences. He said, "your mother cried so much when you left SM". If Park had remained in SM, he could have been a super star by now. We asked him if he had any regrets.

"Celebrities are products. I think that at the time, I wasn't a very good product. If I didn't leave Shinhwa, I could've been at the top at one point. And then I would have been forgotten. I'm not sure if I could stand that. I've seen so many fall rock bottom from the very top."

Ironically, the things that keep Park going now are the things that stressed him out as a trainee. Passion and stubbornness about singing. That is everything that Park Sang Joon the producer/vocal trainer has.

"All my friends have left the music industry but I'm still writing and singing songs. In one way, I guess I'm happier than them."

The way down is harder than the way up. Disbanding of idol groups is always followed by scandals. One person involved with a big entertainment company told us a story about an idol group that happened a year ago.

One popular member of a male idol group sent a text to his group members. "Today's my birthday and I happened to film a CF. Let's eat dinner. First ones to arrive gets 10,000,000 won!" That day, the members actually received a 10,000,000 won check each. It was just because the popular member felt sorry for his group mates who had a lower income than him.

"The gap between the popularity and income among members increase, and then an internal problem begins because of financial issues, then personal issues become known... 90% of idol groups end like this."

Chances of surviving after disbanding is extremely low. Excluding the ones who turn to producing or representing agencies, most disappear soundlessly. Because of this, these days, idols who are beautiful and humorous are the ones who do the best. There are even cases where trainees debut as singers with acting in mind. SM Academy, created by SM Entertainment, teaches music and acting together. 

Translations: gogoparty@omona_prection

Source: Kuki news

Guest opal925

i been searching thru this forum and cannot find their 10th Anniversary full concert & All About Shinhwa online english subbed. Do i miss out while searching for it? can anyone please let me know where i can watch them online? appreciate it. just cannot get enough of them.

Guest Canopus.aMaLia

shinhwa youngwonhi shinhwa changjoo~

my biass is Park Chong Jaae..

xD I'll be wait for their comeback

Guest ixia320

80slitenite,

thank you for your post, i truly enjoyed reading it. all i could think of while reading was that "ah, shinhwa must have gone through the same path, challenges, difficulties." and i thought of eric standing and taking responsibility at the crucial moment of shinhwa's survival. it's true, talent alone is not enough to survive the idol world. my admiration of eric as an exemplary leader has further increased. and minwoo too has taken leads in the groups concept and performance, i love this guy. shinhwa is realy a legend in the truest sense of the word in the idol world today and tomorrow. their "closeness" encompasses all evils that usually haunt idol groups (jealousies, pride of who's better, discontentment, grudges, scandals, etc...), thanks to all the 6 shinhwa members who placed each other more important than self. I am also proud of shinhwa fans, the shinhwa changjos all over the world, for they never forsook shinhwa but rather continued to show love and support, most especially after shinhwa left sm ent. It is because of earlier forever loyal shinhwa changjos that newbies like me can still experience the excellence, beauty, and uniqueness of shinhwa.

to all the wonderful people in this thread, the shinhwa changjos, thank you and have a very blessed day!

Guest ixia320

i been searching thru this forum and cannot find their 10th Anniversary full concert & All About Shinhwa online english subbed. Do i miss out while searching for it? can anyone please let me know where i can watch them online? appreciate it. just cannot get enough of them.

there are videos but not english subbed, try here:

http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_shinhwa%2010th%20anniversary%20concert

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODA0MDUxMTY=.html

it has 4 parts.

if you have "ORBIT DOWNLOADER", you can use the "GRAB++" function under the "tools menu" to manage the downloading process. a one (1) hour video can have like 10 mini-parts to download, so patience. hope this helps. enjoy!

Guest opal925

there are videos but not english subbed, try here:

http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_shinhwa%2010th%20anniversary%20concert

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODA0MDUxMTY=.html

it has 4 parts.

if you have "ORBIT DOWNLOADER", you can use the "GRAB++" function under the "tools menu" to manage the downloading process. a one (1) hour video can have like 10 mini-parts to download, so patience. hope this helps. enjoy!

ixia320

thanks. i have watch them earlier w/o subbed. not understand what they are talking about. now i'm looking for english subbed one. anyway thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grumpynomore

VIDEO OF THE DAY...

Never seen this before. ROTFL. Our boys!

Andy crossing his legs bwahahhahaha...

Guest grumpynomore

[10.07.08] Kangta: I’m most envious of the fighting Shinhwa

On the 7th July episode of MBC variety show “Golden Fishery – Mureuppak Dosa”, Kangta expressed his envy for the Shinhwa members who always fight among themselves.

Kangta shared details of how H.O.T split up, and expressed his regret about the minor misunderstandings in the past that can no longer be reversed. “One year after we split, all the misunderstandings between the members were resolved after just two sentences. That’s why I’m most envious of the Shinhwa that always fight.”

Kangta said the Shinhwa members “quarrel whenever they get together, but it’s because of these frequent arguments that problems can resolved very quickly, and that’s why they’re still together as a group after 10 years.”

He added, “If the H.O.T members could have resolved problems at any moment without ‘excessive worries’, we could have still be together as a group until now.”

When Kang Ho Dong asked him, “Which Shinhwa members argue the most?” Kangta replied, much to the laughter of those present at the studio, “Junjin and Eric]”.

Credits: SSTV Freechal + Absolut Shinhwa

Guest rose_liana

the fight between members make them closer, instead of disbanding over some small problem...

RicJin~ the fighters :P

mwahahaha..Wandy~ naughty Dongwan!! and Andy make it looks like real..lolol

thanks for the article and vid grumpynomore

Archived