[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Shinhwa's music style is a gift from Yoo Young Jin sonbaeSo I'm still very grateful to him.

That's to say that we developed the current Shinhwa style after the 6th jib,

We tried a lot of new things because sonbae couldn't possibly add to our style forever.

Of course there were many clashes of opinions between the members,

And also some difficulties that we faced because of personal activities.

^Yoo Young Jin is a genius :) Very admirable musician/producer. Though, IMO, they may not be as memorable as before, he's still churning out hit after hit.

I also want to personally thank him for composing T.O.P. and indirectly introducing me to Shinhwa. Also for, as Eric put it, giving this 'gift' to our boys.

I'm really glad Shinhwa was able to work with such an awesome sunbae.

I love the line where Eric writes that 'sunbae couldn't possibly add to our style forever'. It shows Shinhwa finally growing up and stepping out from under the nurturing wings.

And now, in the 9th album, a true Shinhwa creation has become the title track!

When we moved to the new company and were all feeling lost because we faced new problems,

We received the unforgettable Daesang from each and every fan...

At that time whatever problems we had with the company or the members all disappeared.

Honestly from the bottom of my heart,

The members, led by me and Minwoo, worked very hard together to put out Minwoo's song 'Oh.

Of course I still like 'Oh' very much now, and though I feel that it was a pity that we couldn't have had more follow-up activities for that,

I really thank Director Park Kwon Young and other GOOD colleagues who calmly explained and analysed the situation to each and every member.

----

I was very worried when there were delays because the members were not feeling well...

Although we always would still persevere until the end, but this time the members and the GOOD colleagues stuck it out because of the concert too, it's been tough on you all.

I especially want to thank Minwoo, Chang Un hyung, Bong Gu hyung who lasted until the day before the rehearsal without a change of clothes for 4 days in a row,

^ That last line would explain Minwoo's sudden continous appearance in a yellow jacket :sweatingbullets:

And of course, what fan can forget the wonders of 2004?

Faced with the move to Good and all the uncertainties, the Daesang was just the encouragement to set Shinhwa's back on it's feet. I can't help, but think, that it was one of the major reasons why there's a 10th anniversary now *despite Dongwan telling us it's probably the contract lolz* After all, no matter how strong a friendship, it can only take so much heartache.

I always feel a certain 'aura' (?) whenever I see Ricmin together. It's different from all the other couples...so hard to explain haha~ I think it's because, compared to the other members, their interests are the most similar. They're like each others' bestfriends :D Not best of friends, but 'bestfriends'. It seems like they did all sorts of things together they shouldn't have when they were younger lolz. Almost getting kicked out of Shinhwa...probably the first kiss in Shinhwa etc lolz There are some friends only for play and some for work, but it's both for Ricmin. I can see them working through the night together on music projects or just relaxing and getting a drink. The two of them have always given strong direction and influence on Shinhwa's music and stage.

The most awesome thing about Shinhwa is that they'll stick it out for each other...no matter what. There were probably conflicts, like Eric said, but in the end members weren't afraid to take on a little more than their share when other members are ill/busy. I also wish they were able to promote 'Oh' more. Their first performance of it on Inkigayo still remains as one of my favorite perfs. I really applaud these 6 guys when they moved companies. Maybe I'm a little immature and ignorant, but how many people in their mid-twenties really know heads from tails when it comes to contracts, lawyers, courts and other legalities? It looks like Eric has lots to worry about in the background. So you dongsengs, be good and healthy and not worry your hyung so much lolz Thank you GOOD for sticking by our boys and giving us such a wonderful year in 2004.

I was very moved during the 10th anniversary concert,

Now I'm holding the very meaningful 9th jib limited edition with the hologram serial number 1, but even though I'm very moved,

I'm still feeling some regrets...

"How nice it would be if we released our 10th album during our 10th anniversary?" I thought about that before.

But looking at it now...

That we seem to be making up for 1 in the future and leaving a void now.

Just like when everytime work arrived in the past...

It was really... I already hated big CDs to begin with...

^ Gah~ I love this man! He understands the pain of those of us that like to obsessively arrange our cds on our cd racks. *Thinks of Hyesung's 2nd jib* ah...well, it does fit with the shinhwa dvd & SE collections...even if it is a little tall. Shinhwa's recent winter story sticks out like a sore thumb too...and it only fits on the top rack...grrr...my alphabetical order :tears: I love it, but can't help but glare at it.

I also feel Eric's regrets about a 10th album on the 10th anniversary. Then again, when they comeback, we can celebrate Shinhwa releasing their 10th album! lolz Another milestone in the book :D So really, it's a blessing in disguise. Shinhwa won't just be back from the army, they'll be back with their 10th album too! Now we'll get to celebrate TWICE :D

Guest babieangelz

Thank you! I was wondering what Eric wrote :D He's my favorite out of the guys & the translations just made my day :wub: Oh yeah I'm getting their DVD for my birthday ... yay! Can't wait! :w00t:

Sorry this sooo off topic! I had to share these with you guys. Thought they were too cute. They're computrized dancers, dancing to Shinhwa & M's songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epW_seVWfCs {Minwoo - Stomp}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobGHIEmlVg {Shinhwa - Hey Dude}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skIgxVl4E_w {Shinhwa - Crazy}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NksBJ6C0gA {Minwoo - M Style}

credit goes to skyoflovee for downloading these

Guest soratino

So really, it's a blessing in disguise. Shinhwa won't just be back from the army, they'll be back with their 10th album too! Now we'll get to celebrate TWICE

that's a really good point!!!!

haha, 10th year anniversary, and then 10th album anniversary. pretty awesome.

Guest infinityyy

i LOVE shinhwa's new album!

(i finally get to spazzz about it)

and i'm SO IN LOVE with "SO IN LOVE." :lol:

i love it :)

----

btw, a few questions:

when is Shinhwa's music video for their 9th album going to be released?

& is there any info out about Shinhwa's concert dvd being released any time soon?

^^

Guest square-boxes

i read @best shinhwa that run is out!!! but i cannot seem to find it :(((((

[04-08] [原创翻译]神话,墨西哥愤青新MV公开

组合神话九辑主打曲RUN的MV公开了。

it basically says that the MV is out!!

but i dun see it!!!

credits: best shinhwa

Guest angel2nyt

I was very moved during the 10th anniversary concert,

Now I'm holding the very meaningful 9th jib limited edition with the hologram serial number 1, but even though I'm very moved,

I'm still feeling some regrets...

"How nice it would be if we released our 10th album during our 10th anniversary?" I thought about that before.

But looking at it now...

That we seem to be making up for 1 in the future and leaving a void now.

Just like when everytime work arrived in the past...

It was really... I already hated big CDs to begin with...

When I got it I gasped! It's really big...

The paper quality is not of the standard of photobooks... but it contains the photobook for the CD? I do feel this way.

No matter what though I can't squeeze it into my CD rack,

But it's big enough for me to place it with the photobook on my bookshelf, that's not too bad ^^

PS. I thank all the fans who gave me the music production tools for my birthday this year.

Although I couldn't celebrate it with everyone as I had something on,

But I've already received the two presents the MV8800, MOTIF XS, and with them I wrote songs that I'm really satisfied with.

Thank you~

Yours truly, Mun Jung Hyuk

Source: www.shinhwa10th.com

Chi trans: 韩小国 @ BESTSHINHWA

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

thank you thank you thank you..for the translations

my love for eric has grown exponentially really this past few days

ricmin.. theyre the men in the group.. i dont know how to explain it, but everytime theyre together there's something

anyways ive googled what MV8800, MOTIF XS are, because i have heard of them, but i never really decided to look them up

the MV8800 - http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLMV8800

MOTIF XS - http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMMOTIFXS6

they cost quite a lot

he tried putting in in his CD rack, poor guy..

we have different tastes.. i love big cds

It's already been 10 years, and this time it feels rushed too.

although i felt the album was made in a rush too, but eric has always been such a perfectionist, its hard to make him feel satisfied especially in his works

That's to say that we developed the current Shinhwa style after the 6th jib,

We tried a lot of new things because sonbae couldn't possibly add to our style forever.

Of course there were many clashes of opinions between the members,

And also some difficulties that we faced because of personal activities.

the change in company really unraveled the things that was shinhwa

i think it was like growing up for them, they had the liberty to do any kind of song and sound they wanted to do then, but since everyone had an opinion, clashes among members were expected..

This time it's still not something I'm 100% satisfied with,

We all know there's nothing that can make the fans 100% satisfied.

But if there's a time when we can release an album that satisfies everyone 100%

That perhaps would be Shinhwa's last album.

exactly..

after satisfying everyone what would happen then?

it would so hard to make an album after that..

people would expect so much from you

reminds me of that japanese actor who became so burdened after he portrayed a character that everybody was so amazed with him, and he couldnt find another role that would top that one..

Guest 80slitenite

i read @best shinhwa that run is out!!! but i cannot seem to find it :(((((

[04-08] [原创翻译]神话,墨西哥愤青新MV公开

组合神话九辑主打曲RUN的MV公开了。

it basically says that the MV is out!!

but i dun see it!!!

credits: best shinhwa

Woah! What?! The MV is out?????????? Someone please confirm this!

Woah! What?! The MV is out?????????? Someone please confirm this!

aish tiff u scared me

i thought u said the mv is out!!!

ha ha ha

so is it today or tomorrow for the mv to be out?

aish

i want it now

:P

someone pls tell

is the mv really out already?

ha ha ha

Guest infinityyy

Just read in Ocean's Six that it's being released on the 8th. Is it 8th in Korea yet? I guess for those of us in US, we have to wait until morning.

yupp, it should already be the 8th in Korea already.

omgoodnesss, i'm DYING to see the music video T__T

GAHHH! i seriously can't wait! seeing all the shinhwa members together in a music video again~~

btw, when are they going to be promoting on stage (Mcountdown, Inkigayo..ect..)?

Guest jean_kkp

thanks so much for the translation of eric's really long production note. he's never been my favorite, coz i always found him weird and childish (see, hyesung and i are compatible coz we both get annoyed with eric's silliness :sweatingbullets: ). i guess weird is not the right word, i just think he lives in his own world and if i knew him personally i wouldn't get him at all. but reading stuff like that makes me see that he also has a serious side. it must've been hard for him to write that, seeing as he absolutely hates being serious and mushy, and maybe that's why he goes back to being silly near the end, coz he couldn't take his own mushiness anymore. so thanks for the translation, coz now i feel like i understand him more. :)

HAHA. i find your reply funny because i love ERIC precisely because he is weird like that, and he isnt afraid to show his ET side. i still remember dongwan saying from years ago that eric and junjin wake up every morning and fold their blankets in origami airplane shape. makes me wanna grab eric and hug him to death. haha.

also, LOL at the fact that eric probably ended alien-ly because he really cannot take his own mushiness. eric is just adorable like that, haha.

have i spazzed enough abt eric? haha...

well regarding the shinhwa style that eric mentioned, i gotta say i love shinhwa alot more after the 6th jib than the earlier albums where the raps were nowhereherenorthere. after 6th jib, i could feel that the ballads are stronger (gonna be alright, once in a lifetime...), the dance tracks are stronger, and RicMin's style get more and more distinct in the albums, mostly because they are more involved in the productions.

one thing i dont get is that... why does eric make it sound like he produced this album, and that the other members are "helping out" in some sense. dont the other members also contribute in the production? or is it a leader thing?

Guest 80slitenite

lol Nadi. I wish it was here already.

Ooo so we have to wait till tomorrow. Thanks mommie Alice for clearing that up.

Ok is this going to affect Shinhwa's performances because of this stupid battle between MBC and SBS?

Singers become victims of MBC-SBS entertainment battle

MBC and SBS sparked off a controversy when they recently announced that singers who appear on other stations' Sunday variety programs will not be allowed to appear on their station's music programs. The management of the singers have been notified of the new rule, which has been implemented with immediate effect, starting with the programs in early April.

Thus this means that singers who appear on MBC's Sunday Sunday Night and SBS' Good Sunday will not be able to appear on SBS' Inkigayo and MBC's Show! Music Core. With the new restriction, the real victims are not only the singers, but the audience as well.

A spokesperson from one management company said, "Although singers appear on variety shows in the hope of getting a spot on the music programs, even this will be difficult now. Singers, being at the losing end of the bargain, can't do much but do the bidding of the stations. The fans are likely to form organized protests against this, and singers themselves are also nervous about this situation."

Singers' appearances on music programs are often a result of their appearances on the stations' variety shows, and it has always been the norm. These appearances also give them a chance to air their MV clips after popular programs.

However, the two stations' move of banning singers comes across as somewhat impulsive and extreme. It's clear that the rivalry between both stations have reached a boiling point.

An industry insider said, "Both stations have been at odds since the end of last year, when MBC refused to allow singers from their artiste management company appear on Exploration of the Human Body on SBS' Good Sunday. The response to We're Married on MBC's Sunday Sunday Night has also been very good. Doesn't this move seem like a reactive measure then?"

Affected artistes

Jewelry, Clazziquai, Crown J, Typhoon, Andy - banned from SBS Inkigayo

Super Junior, Lee Hyori, Han Young - banned from MBC Show! Music Core

Lee Seung Gi - no comeback stages on both MBC and SBS

Source: Hankook Ilbo

Chi trans:韩小国 @ BESTSHINHWA

Guest miaka0210

Shinhwa - 080329 KBS Yunyega Interview [Eng sub]

It's done during the MV shooting if I'm not mistaken.

Recorded from KBS World last night.

thanks for letting us know. I just love what dongwan said in the end

"We know we're stronger together than we'd ever be apart".

I really hope they show the MV now!!!!! I'm really dying to see it!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I found a new video of shinhwa. I think this was a video before the concert.

i just love how everyone started to kickout hyesung from shinhwa. hehehe. you'll know what

I mean when you guys watch it. It's really cute and funny. :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JwLknoa_k6I

I hope you don't mind crystalis that I'm sharing the link here. Let me know if I can't, so I could edit this post.

you girls are getting me excited!! how am i going to sleep tonite with all this excitment? lol haha xD look what i found? haha WOOT!! go shinhwa changjo!! all those limited editions sold on. everyones going crazy :P

P.S.= thanks mommie for confirmination ^^ or else i wouldnt have checked shinhwabiz haha <333

[08.04.08][news] Shinhwa's latest Mexican-themed MV to be unveiled on Apr 8 20080408083813.034.0.jpg

The MV for Shinhwa's main track off their 9th album - RUN - will be unveiled on April 8.

Their management company GoodEMG said that the MV will be unveiled via the 10th anniversary website (www.shinhwa10th.com), and briefly described the storyline, "The Shinhwa members all transform into Mexican mobsters rescuing Eric who has been held hostage by a rival gang, and it's an MV that shows their friendship and loyalty to each other."

On the other hand, the Shinhwa 9th album Special Limited Edition has clinched top spot on the HOTTRAK presale chart and conslidated sales chart, and also on the weekly sales chart. The 50,000 copies have all been sold out.

The official Shinhwa 9th album will be released on April 10.

Source: OCEAN'S

Chi trans: 染@bestshinhwa

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz__________________

Just read in Ocean's Six that it's being released on the 8th. Is it 8th in Korea yet? I guess for those of us in US, we have to wait until morning.

well malaysia is only one hour late than korea

and it is now already noon on the 8th of april

so, maybe soon?

perhaps...

i think

:P

ha ha ha

i am looking forward for the mv

^_^

Guest pekkles

Hi everyone~ *lurker*

I just want to share the fact that yesasia's messing with my mind. This afternoon the status for my CD was "Processing" on the Order History overview and "Searching from suppliers" on the individual order page, and then a few hours ago it was "Processing" and "Ready to be shipped", now it's "Partially shipped" and "Processing"!!!

But I also want to thank everyone for the translations and the clips, I haven't really been devoting a lot of time to Shinhwa ever since "Brand New" (actually that's the one that made me a Shinhwa fan in the first place :)) but now, seeing all these new clips and reading about them really drives in the concept of Shinhwa being completely TIMELESS.

*back to crazy fangirl mode*

I want to see the MV too! ^__^ I just visited the 10th anniversary website- small but quite nice!

Singers become victims of MBC-SBS entertainment battle

Affected artistes

Jewelry, Clazziquai, Crown J, Typhoon, Andy - banned from SBS Inkigayo

Super Junior, Lee Hyori, Han Young - banned from MBC Show! Music Core

Lee Seung Gi - no comeback stages on both MBC and SBS

Source: Hankook Ilbo

Chi trans:韩小国 @ BESTSHINHWA

I am surprised this is happening, well i know mbc & sbs were never on good terms

but ANDY banned from SBS? wtheck? HE use to host on SBS inkigayo.

i think people are seriously going to protest. This is just crazy.

You know what if shinhwa makes a comeback on sbs? which means they cant right since andy is banned

man this is so lamee. okay anyways i can't wait for the mv <3

Archived