Identity (ROUGH)

Guest DK.

this is the truth right here.. first of the new year
Wassup Soompi? This isn't the usual cup of tea.. these are thoughts influenced and motivated by a class i took in my first quarter of college.. this is real rough.. recorded all vocals in about 7 mins max.. had to bounce to the beach. anyways tell me what you think, more focused on the lyrics.. my flow was a bit off cuz it was one taked. i will re-record when i have the time. oh and be forewarded, i cuss at one point. LoFi HiFi Lyrics: Sometimes I sit and wonder what the meaning of life is, An empty game of chasing love like Richard Dreyfuss?, I’m righteous in the way I write this, As I’m here watching life fade away, like a mid life crisis, Until that fatal day, life is passing us by, I’m just looking for answers, like the passion of Christ, I’m not the passionate type, thus my humdrum existence, So now I’m reevaluating life from a distance, For instance, am I putting it to good use? Am I truly doing, what I should do? Am I living up life to my potential? That’s essential, it’s not all about credentials, Am I thinking by myself, or are there outside forces? Forcing me in directions, that are way off course, Is reality, really a reality? Or is it preconceptions, shaping our mentality? It’s fact, as I sit back, I’m realizing that we’re all monotone, All hollow drones [4x] Mere robots, who know not, what to do or think, Until its all written clearly in blue or black ink, We’re told what is beautiful, told what is right, Told what is dark, and told what is light, It’s almost like, we don’t have, brains of our own, Since the day that we’re born, we’re trained and were told, The truth as it’s known, in the present day and age, And until things change, we’re forever staying caged, Like the animals we are, puppets of society, Taking everything as fact, not thinking that they lie to me, Chorus Ask any decent person, what they’re doing in life, And they’ll answer right back, that they’re doing what’s right, Receiving an education, so they can make the green, While in the back of their minds, they think they can chase a dream, But we don’t have an option to, it’s near impossible, Cause everything in life, becomes a damn obstacle, With lies on top of lies, and all these webs of meaning, All that really means is that we’re dead with reasoning, Not thinking for our own, programmed by ‘norms’, ‘Standards’, ‘facts’, but we mustn’t conform, Don’t believe all the media, they feeding ya lies, They leading ya blind, so I’m pleading you try, To be different, a product, of your own mind, Don’t fall into the trap, which is known as the ‘bind,’ Now is the time, rise against the machine, Put an end to the regime, which is known as the government… Chorus Beat creds: Track Bangas C/c's appreciated. Have a happy new year.

Guest Tsterx3

O.O donkey u sound hot, and ur hot, what a hot combo.. RAWR.. hahah..

i like the lyrics, very meaningful, and damn, the freaken beat .. ;d shizzle...

~kristy

Guest fantasiimaker

I really like "It’s fact, as I sit back, I’m realizing that we’re all monotone,

All hollow drones [4x]" =)

You've really got a talent for putting thoughtful lyrics to the beat and making it all fit really well together.

It's admirable how well you can take situations from your life and illustrate it so vividly through these lyrics =] great job.

Guest Celestial Child

Oh my... I LOVE this! LOVE IT. Really reminds me of Immortal Technique. Which is a good cause they're probably the only rap I listen to. Anyway, excellent job. ^_^ Love the lyrics. A lot.

tttrracck bangaas!

haha wdup good job on the track and delivery

i luve these type of topics... kinda dark but ch yea!

ne wais my 2 cent is that u enunciate some words too much like, "existence" or was it that word.. i forgot ne wais haha other than that str8 track yo!

i really appreciate these comments and the support.. its what keeps me rhyming. i'm currently busy with college winter starting, but i'm really excited.. i'm gunna be at the college recording studio this sunday.. dropping something for the hip hop club mixtape, hopefully.. im really hoping it all works out and that i'm good enough to be on it. wooooo! *crosses fingers*

Archived