Utada Hikaru

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yongwonhi

^ yeah, anyone know what's going on? i love her comeback single and i think it could really make it big in the states...

i just bought her album on itunes. supporting hikki yeahh <3

Guest lilyphilia.

i think utada looks a bit like ueno juri from nodame cantabile & swing girls...maybe because of her current hairstyle.. XD

and i heard from my sister that her lastest album si better than her first u.s. album.. :D

Guest fantasian

^ yep they do look similar, and their personalities are abit similar too - the whole cute factor.

they're actually fans of each other.

Guest fantasian

I found something interesting and I thought I'd share to this thread.

Sakura Drops cover from the duo unit called Dew

http://www.imeem.com/groups/6dxvLy5s/music...Azd/dew-sakura/

I thought that was beautifully done. Of course Hikki's original is the best, but this cover is also pretty. Less mysterious sounding but the melancholy effect is still there :)

that was a really good cover, they actually made it their own, and it has a different feel to Utada's version.

Guest raito7

Amazon.com: Bonus Tracks on “This Is The One” US Ver.

Amazon.com has updated their listing for the US version of Utada’s “This Is The One” with 3 bonus tracks: “Simple And Clean,” “Sanctuary (Opening),” and “Sanctuary (Closing).” Additionally, the main tracklist appears to have switched back to the original order of the Japanese release.

Source: U.Blog

Guest NO NAME?

Utada Karaoke Contest @ MySpace Japan

MySpace Japan has launched an Utada Karaoke Contest today, with winners being flown to Tokyo for an exclusive karaoke party with Utada. Entries are for “Come Back To Me,” with submissions being accepted between the 27th of April and May 10th. The listing mentions that a US version of the contest will also take place, with the international winner also gaining attendance to the party. More details to come. Thanks to Nakatani-san.

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

kind of mad cuz today i went to the cd store in the mall and i saw that they had a poster of utada. it was in the trance section. my boyfriend and i checked the pop section and the trance section. we even asked the sales guy and he had no clue, and said he would check the computer. 10 minutes goes by and he never comes back. ugh i got impatient and we just left the store. i really would have liked to buy the cd, instead of just having the itunes copy.

the page says that , Myspace japan karaoke is only available within japan. T___T ...meaning that apparently no one outside japan can enter the contest ...for now anyway. hope they dont back out on the US version of this.

man , how cool to sing with Utada , she's really a talent.

Guest *hachiko*

kind of mad cuz today i went to the cd store in the mall and i saw that they had a poster of utada. it was in the trance section. my boyfriend and i checked the pop section and the trance section. we even asked the sales guy and he had no clue, and said he would check the computer. 10 minutes goes by and he never comes back. ugh i got impatient and we just left the store. i really would have liked to buy the cd, instead of just having the itunes copy.

as far as I know its not released until may 12th right??

so maybe if you go back then they might have it??

Guest NO NAME?

^ Yup. The physical release of the CD isn't out until the 12th.

Meet Utada @ FYE Seattle and Honolulu

Music store FYE will be holding special events with Utada in May to celebrate the release of her album “This Is The One.” According to their official MySpace page, Utada will be appearing at a Seattle area store on May 15th, and a Honolulu location on the 16th. No word on if other stores will be added.

Guest NO NAME?

April 30, 2009 @ 4:48 pm

14947me.jpg

REAL TALK THURSDAYS: Utada’s Popping

Celia L. Smith

Japanese Pop singer Utada

Don't let the demure appearance fool you, with songs like “Dirty Desires” and “Poppin” (as in bottles), Japanese singer Hikaru Utada, 26, isn’t afraid to speak her mind. This petite pop star has Japan loving her, and now she’s buzzing in America too. Utada has already released two English albums in the States, and her third album drops May 12. Produced by Stargate and Tricky Stewart, This is The One (Island Records) may in fact be "the one" that finally breaks her through to the U.S. market.

After catching a glimpse of screaming fans flocking to her in-store appearance at the beauty mega-store Sephora, I had to find out what all the excitement was about. Here she gives us more insight into her music, her style, and why she loves LL (as in, lip gloss and Lanvin).

How would you describe your sound?

Melodic. Honest. I really don't care much for genre classification; my music seems to be a little bit of everything, from R&B to alt-rock to hip hop to classical music. I write and produce/co-produce all my songs. Depending on my mood I go through phases where I'm experimental, and then times when I feel like making something that's simple and catchy.

My new album "This Is The One" has a bit of an R&B/urban feel. I worked with producers, Stargate and Tricky Stewart, who do a lot of the mainstream stuff in the charts right now.

How would you describe your fashion and beauty style, and how it relates back to your music?

I'd say "true." I wear what I feel comfortable in. I don't like clothes that look like they'll be outdated in two months, I see beauty in timelessness. The same goes for my music. I wish to make music that lasts.

What designers have you been wearing recently?

Ksubi, Lanvin...I don't really know what brands I wear, I buy most of my clothes in little stores in Tokyo.

Beauty products you cannot live without?

Fresh Sugar Lip Gloss in Sugar Desire. I usually don't wear much make up. I keep this red lip gloss in my pocket and put a little on when I'm outside, because it makes me look healthy! LOL.

Give us your best fashion or beauty tip.

Know yourself.

utada.com

34ozdbc.jpg

Source: VIBE.com

Guest Xiahxingxing

I'm so happy!

It seems like her song is really gaining some public interest!

I was on my myspace and I noticed from the updates that some of my acquaintances added her song, and they really had no idea who she was.

I don't watch a lot of television nor do I listen to the radio, but I heard that some have her her song playing on the radio.

Archived