[drama 2006] Alone In Love 연애시대

Guest yeohweping

Guest quexido

I remember going through that slump too. I just felt so devastated the series was finished...

same sentiments.. it's quite a strange feeling esp since it has a happy ending, which should give much satisfaction.. but in the case of this drama, I just wished that the story between Son Yeh Jin and Gam Woo Sung will continue on and on :mellow:

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ovette

im watching this drama now... i had the dvd for a long time already.. but i just thought of watching this a day ago...

i did regret watching this only now. im enjoying it although im just in ep6. the lines are witty and comical. even if the characters are a bit cold, not overly exaggerated like how cliche dramas would present it, they still let the audience laugh. i like how they use little background music, reminds me of the old korean movies/dramas where BGM are not really popular :)

im really looking forward to see how these 'in denial' couple finally gets back together!

• 3 weeks later...

hi ovette... glad to see u ard here... remember reading a lot of ur posts in dal ja's thread =)... aniwae u realli HAVE to finish this fantastic show... i hav endless of compliments for this show... its jus so real and feels like both of them r jus another of ur frenz and dat u r looking at their story in ur life... =)this is one of de only show which made me realli miss de characters a lot and i feel like i hav lost two gd frenz in life when de show end...

ohhh.... hw im missing them... still looking fr such a gd production this yr.. =)

Guest feelitup

Liked it. Both main characters aren't rich. No one dies from any diseases or crashes. Not your typical k-drama. Only wished it was shorter. Some draggy episodes.

im watching this drama now... i had the dvd for a long time already.. but i just thought of watching this a day ago...

i did regret watching this only now. im enjoying it although im just in ep6. the lines are witty and comical. even if the characters are a bit cold, not overly exaggerated like how cliche dramas would present it, they still let the audience laugh. i like how they use little background music, reminds me of the old korean movies/dramas where BGM are not really popular :)

im really looking forward to see how these 'in denial' couple finally gets back together!

I'm also watching this drama right now...I'm about to watch episode 9...I like the story's plot ans all the actors are good...Son Ye-jin did her job really well...and the story was really nice...two ex-husband and wife that are on the stage of confusion of whether to get back together again...I love it when Eun-ho's sis and the doctor friend does everything to get them back together...I know this drama was 100% shot before airing...I think it's a good thing to do since the story is consistent and the results are good, I hope other K-drama producers could follow that kind of format

• 1 month later...
Guest yyacobsg

Love this drama. I just finished watching it and I like the way this drama is directed with an artsy feel to it. The narrative is multi-perspective and the narration voiceovers really get the viewer into the two main characters' thoughts. The dialogue is witty but never overly corny and there is no irrititating sickness or death. This drama reaches me at a personal level partly because I am married and the memories of the times one spent with a spouse cannot be easily erased because they are integral to the relationship ie. the emotional and psychological investment and commitment. The idea of sticking together despite tough times I feel is a realistic interpretation of love which I believe in strongly, one theme which runs in the drama. The other is plutonic love, which can be seen between the two main leads and also between Ji Ho and Dr Gong. Altogether . this drama is a satisfying and mature look at relationships, how to pick up the pieces and move on, beyond divorce and death.Although i do wish the director had shown how Eun Ho and Dong Jin enacted their reunion and the responses from their close friends and family. The last few scenes just appear to be a mixed bag of past and future glimpses into their lives and other characters.

^I love the drama because of its mature take on relationships (despite never having been in one myself but I was getting sick of all that teenybopper business) too. The script never went into too much sentimentality but there was emotion there, possibly even stronger than most of the hackneyed cliches in most Kdramas.

I'm also watching this drama right now...I'm about to watch episode 9...I like the story's plot ans all the actors are good...Son Ye-jin did her job really well...and the story was really nice...two ex-husband and wife that are on the stage of confusion of whether to get back together again...I love it when Eun-ho's sis and the doctor friend does everything to get them back together...I know this drama was 100% shot before airing...I think it's a good thing to do since the story is consistent and the results are good, I hope other K-drama producers could follow that kind of format

Actually I remember reading on Twitch that about six or eight episodes were shot first and the rest was shot as it aired. I think it was a great thing that they did that. Every episode left a lasting impression and the series had the advantage of being consistent through out.

got to finish the drama last weekend...I must say that this drama is one of the beautiful love stories written or made for TV...the relationship between the main characters and the side characters were related in a way and the latter episodes were so touching...not too mushy but just taking it on reality that you can never stop loving a person that was once a part of your life....I definitely recommend this drama...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kimnext

I keep comparing all of the dramas I see with this one, and none has even held a candle to 연애시대. It's so rare to come across anything on film as beautifully crafted as this series..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rryyaann

after read this thread i want to watch it... also because i'm SYJ fan...

but i want to ask, where can i download this drama with eng sub..

thx if you guys want to answer it..

lol

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know in which picture format the episodes are presented in the following DVD set?

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...pid-1004567098/

Because some sites like Yesasia are saying the format is 1.33:1 Fullscreen, while other sites like DVDFromKorea say the format is 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen. Can anyone confirm the right picture format? Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know in which picture format the episodes are presented in the following DVD set?

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...pid-1004567098/

Because some sites like Yesasia are saying the format is 1.33:1 Fullscreen, while other sites like DVDFromKorea say the format is 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen. Can anyone confirm the right picture format? Thank you very much!

Only the US Version is Anamorphic Widescreen - distributed by YA Entertainment.

I'm currently watching this drama and I'm really enjoying it. It's so refreshing to watch a mature and sophisticated Korean drama where everyone isn't yelling or put in unbelievable situations.

I am almost finishing this drama. I didn't watch on when I first watch the first episode, but recently I catch this drama again. This time it's really good especially as the drama builds on, the atmosphere is getting so good, and there are so many parts when my heart was aching so much because of their deep love for each other, and yet they are "forced" to part with each other. I love all the recaps when they are thinking back, and the ost is great for the drama, I gonna watched the last couple of episode, maybe I gonna cry :tears:

I found the lyric for Alone in love theme song (should be the fourth track on the first ost)

I translated it from chinese to english, credit if you take it, and please do not take my translation out of soompi.

Really nice song, enjoy~

아무리 생각해도 난 너를 --by 스윗 소로우

(无论怎么想,我还是--Sweet sorrow)

아무리 생각해도 난 너를. 아무리 생각해도 난 너를

无论怎么想,我还是,无论怎么想,我还是

No matter how I think, I am still, No matter how I think, I am still

잊은 듯 눈감아도 난 너를. 아닌 듯 돌아서도 난 너를

像早已忘掉似的闭上眼睛,我还是,虽不确定的回头,我还是

Like forgotten I close my eyes, I am still, Looking back uncertain, I am still

조금만 솔직해도 나 너를. 그렇게 아파하도록 너를

如果再多坦白一点,我还是,这样的伤心,我还是

If I am more truthful, I am still, so sad, I am still

이렇게 바라보도록 쓸쓸한 눈으로 다만 웃고만 있었지

就这样在远处望着,看着你那冷静的眼神

Look in distant like this, look at your cold eyes

아무리 헤어져도 난 너를. 매일 또 이별해도 난 너를

无论是分别,我还是,就算每天都是离别,我还是

Whether it’s separation, I am still, even it’s separation everyday, I am still

이미 넌 꿈이래도 난 너를. 정말로 끝이래도 난 너를

就算你只是我的梦,我还是。就算这真的是尽头,我还是

Even if you are my dream, I am still. Even if it’s the end, I am still

한번만 용기내도 나 너를. 그렇게 아파하도록 너를

如果只要一次也可以鼓起勇气,我还是,这样的伤心,我还是

If only I can gather my courage for once, I am still, so hurt, I am still

이렇게 눈물짓도록 다시는 다가가 차마 안을수 없었지

这样流着眼泪,再也不能接近你,抱你

Falling tears, I can’t get near you, and hug you

나 이대로 더 있으면. 이대로 머무르면

如果就这样待着,继续这样待着

If I remain here, continue to stay here

너를 더 사랑할 것 같아

可能会更爱你

Maybe I will love you much more

나 이대로 더 있으면. 이대로 바라보면

如果就这样待着,继续这样望着

떠날 수 없을 것만 같아

可能再也离不开你了

Maybe I can’t leave you anymore

내작은 어깨 위로 나 너를. 언제나 힘이 되도록 너를

用我弱小的肩膀,让你更有信心

Using my small shoulder, I let you be more assured

따스한 햇살처럼 나 다시 또 다가가 감싸-

像温暖的阳光,我又再次靠近你 抱你

Like the warm sunlight, I get near you, and hug you

나 이대로 서성이면. 이대로 눈물지면

如果我就这样犹豫下去,就这样流着眼泪

If I continue to waver, and let the tears fall

너를 더 사랑할것같아

我可能会更爱你的

Maybe I will love you more

나 이대로 더 있으면. 이대로 바라보면

如果就这样待着,继续这样望着

너를 붙잡을 것만 같아

我可能不会放弃你的

Maybe I can’t let you go

아무리 생각해도 난 너를. 아무리 생각해도 난 너를

无论怎么想,我还是,无论怎么想,我还是

No matter how I think, I am still, No matter how I think, I am still

아무리 헤어져도 난 너를. 매일 또 이별해도 난 너를

无论是分别,我还是,就算每天都是离别,我还是

Whether it’s separation, I am still, even if it’s separation everyday, I am still

잊은 듯 눈감아도 난 너를. 아닌 듯 돌아서도 난 너를

像早已忘掉似的闭上眼睛,我还是,虽不确定的回头,我还是

Like forgotten I close my eyes, I am still, Looking back uncertain, I am still

이미 넌 꿈이래도 난 너를. 정말로 끝이래도 난 너를

就算你只是我的梦,我还是,就算这真的是尽头,我还是

Even if you are my dream, I am still, even if it’s the end, I am still

I translated it from chinese to english, credit if you take it, and please do not take my translation out of soompi.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ender's Girl

this is the most REAL k-drama i have ever seen. it didn't seem like escapist entertainment at all (let's face it, that's why we watch k-dramas in the first place, for the escapism), but it was so... real-life.

i loved the ending!!!

i was expecting a sad ending for dong-jin and eun-ho, but was beyond happy when they got back together.

:P

Guest yangpa

this is the most REAL k-drama i have ever seen. it didn't seem like escapist entertainment at all (let's face it, that's why we watch k-dramas in the first place, for the escapism), but it was so... real-life.

i loved the ending!!!

i was expecting a sad ending for dong-jin and eun-ho, but was beyond happy when they got back together.

:P

Totally agreed! Even though i watched this eons ago, i still have a clear picture of the storyline in my head, haha. Really wonderful, kudos to SYJ and GWS for their brilliant acting! It will be a waste not to catch this drama :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest heartred

I found the lyric for Alone in love theme song (should be the fourth track on the first ost)

Really nice song, enjoy~

YES this is a really nice song. Love it man! :)Wonder who is the singer? sounds really romantic... :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived