Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

10 minutes ago, junejungki said:

Can someone enlighten me with the washing feet ritual?? I am not Christian so I dont understand. TQ. 

IMHO, CMIIW,the meaning of washing feet is humbly service to other whatever your status.in Bible, Jesus washed his disciple feet.If Jesus as Lord and teacher had done it for us, we too must follow his teaching, we ought to humbly service other.

• Like 15

39 minutes ago, phenyl said:

IMHO, CMIIW,the meaning of washing feet is humbly service to other whatever your status.in Bible, Jesus washed his disciple feet.If Jesus as Lord and teacher had done it for us, we too must follow his teaching, we ought to humbly service other.

TQ for the explanation. I love  LJG even more after reading your post. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

Can't imagine what the girl must be feeling LOL 

I'd die :flushed:

He really is special, can't imagine any other hallyu star would do something like that for a stranger.

I'm a Christian too and that is why I admire him for what he did even more, because there are so many fake people just babbling about their religious beliefs, being hateful and intolerant of others. Some of his fans may not even follow the same religion as him, that's why, what he did is that much more sweet and meaningful in my opinion.

• Like 18

On 06/12/2016 at 0:10 AM, Rose3 said:

LJG not nominated?? Ughh. 

Why is he in in the first place if they are going to remove him from the nomination? 

He should at least get nominated if they look at acting but I guess they don't. 

Drama awards has always been that way, about popularity. 

On 06/12/2016 at 2:21 AM, Uniform Victory said:

If it's based on popularity then, the more LJG should be included in the nomination.  CPI (Content Power Index) is a true indicator of popularity which it was consistently on rank 1 or 2. The drama won Korean Brand Award.

Well, I don't think that list was legit anyway. It absurd to have the list of nominees when there was no announcement from the Station.  We will await the official SBS announcement.

What I meant by popularity is more than average ratings (crosses 10% throughout the episodes airing) and the hype surrounding the drama. In other words, it spells commercial success. And we have to take into account, this is a local factor. It does not gauge international receptions towards the drama or the amount of export money receives from selling the broadcasting rights to various countries. Korean Brand Award looks at international export and reception. Domestic ratings are crucial to the team (production, casts, workers) and the broadcast stations because it spells money. Drama with below than 6% ratings will be cut short than what is intended like the drama, Beautiful Mind, which is cut from 16 episodes to 14 episodes. And I read news articles about the drama (Beautiful Mind) subsequently that the actors or workers in the drama received delayed payment. Further, the higher the budget is put into making the drama, the expectation that the drama will receive very high ratings is much more. So if the drama received (domestic) ratings that is non-proportional to the budget, it is considered a commercial failure or flopped. I hate this word though because it is misused and thrown around easily. 

They are still gauging the viewership by ratings and advertising companies use the ratings to see whether they can market their product etc. All these brings money. They are always still catering and looking to local market first before international market. 

Now, if you look at SBS's Daesang for the past years (I took only 2003 onwards because way I am not in the Kdrama scope before that), all of these actors or actresses who received Daesang comes from dramas that are commercially successful. They are mostly the biggest hit or among the top highest ratings for the broadcast station for the year and there is hype surrounding them. Out of these nominees from these highest ratings dramas, then they choose who they think has the best performance among them. So, it is never first about the acting. That is the reason why I said drama awards has always been about popularity. You can see @ruizaio's post in the MLSHR thread on the nominees. 

Of course, there are some dramas/films who happened to be not only be commercially successful yet critically acclaimed. I think the LJG's King and the Clown film and The Handmaiden are examples.

I am just explaining how things works, does not mean I fully support it. I recently finished watching Beautiful Mind and I still wonder how it received such low ratings. Besides Scarlet Heart Ryeo, it is the only other 2016 drama that are outstanding to me. My top two best 2016 dramas, yet they received so low ratings. You see, sometimes I see K-dramas are heavily backed by star power. You see dramas where both leads are household names in the acting industry will have more viewers tuned in. For example the Legend of the Blue Sea. Awards winners are always questionable. If you at the system and how things works just taking S.Korea entertainment industry by example, many things seems unfair.

Yet I think, when TV is increasingly becoming the new radio and online or mobile-paid viewership is increasingly becoming the new TV, it is when indicator like CPI will be used instead. It is just a matter of time. 

Yes, I will be waiting too for the official announcement and looking at other categories. I seriously hope MLSHR is nominated in some categories and received some awards. They so deserved it. 

From wiki (I hope this list is correct):  Grand Prize (Daesang) 

No. Year Winner Drama Ref.

11 2003 Lee Byung-hun All In  
12 2004 Park Shin-yang, Kim Jung-eun Lovers in Paris  
13 2005 Jeon Do-yeon Lovers in Prague  
14 2006 Han Hye-sook Dear Heaven [1]
15 2007 Park Shin-yang War of Money [2]
Kim Hee-ae My Husband's Woman
16 2008 Moon Geun-young Painter of the Wind [3]
17 2009 Jang Seo-hee Temptation of a Wife [4]
18 2010 Go Hyun-jung Daemul [5]
19 2011 Han Suk-kyu Deep Rooted Tree [6]
20 2012 Son Hyun-joo The Chaser [7]
21 2013 Lee Bo-young I Can Hear Your Voice [8]
22 2014 Jun Ji-hyun My Love from the Star [9]
23 2015 Joo Won Yong-pal [10]

I will be focusing more heavily in real life and will be spending so much less time here. So I will not be present here all the time. Hence, my replies/posts/liking posts will be very slow and sparse. Sorry about that. 

Edited by Rose3
  • Like 12

@Rose3 Well this drama as whole is probably one the most commercially successful drama productions. This drama was the most expensive drama export of South Korea. It generated $400,000 per episode surpassing DOTS which was sold for $250,000. That's for one streaming company only. This was also simulcast on ONE TV which garnered at least 70% of viewership and I hope the high rating translated to good revenue from its Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia market. That's just to name a few.

How about SBS revenue? They don't earn revenue on just TV. I have watched their live streaming, advertisements are run just like on TV. So, how could the CPI be ignored? CPI should be a better indicator of commercial viability and popularity as it uses wide range of data unlike the traditional TV rating measurement which uses only 2000 metered households as samples or representatives. This days, I don't think advertisers will rely solely on TV rating.  There are dramas which rated high but wasn't a commercial success. It's a know fact that traditional TV viewership is now being surpassed with online streaming esp. with the introduction of smart TV's. Yes I agree with you, it's just a matter of time but it's something they can't ignore at the present.

The comparison for Beautiful Mind rating was ridiculous.  I was so sad for that drama though. That didn't even hit 5% in the TV rating and 10th place or lower on CPI.

Unlike Moon Lovers, TV rating for this drama was decent on episodes 1-3, 9-15, then rank 1st on its time slot for the last 4 episodes.  On CPI, it was rating consistently well on rank 1st or 2nd esp from episode 15 which was  rank 1st even 2 weeks after the last episode.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 10

I can't get Lee Joon Gi's act of foot washing out of my mind - it is so symbolic.  I'm probably over thinking it all but I wonder what he said by way of explanation before he did it?  Has anyone heard?  I am a Christian although not Roman Catholic ... this is so meaningful in lots of ways and for me I see it as also serving each other through kindness, encouragement and understanding, etc.  I feel for myself that he 'washes my feet everyday' from the dirt and hurts of daily life as I read his Instagram postings, watch his dramas, listen to his music...his very existence in my life brings me happiness. ;) You probably feel this way too (or maybe I'm a little too...um...involved :huh:)   I believe he is truly and sincerely thankful for all the love and support he gets from his fans and right now maybe a little overwhelmed ???  

• Like 17

LJG is attending the sneak premiere of Resident Evil The Final Chapter in Japan on 13th dec

Bazaar interview

161205 Bazaar Show Full

from Seihon Cho - 조세현

♡생명의 소중함을 아는 당신을 초대합니다.♡ 
☆Letter from Angels - 조세현
☆2016,12,21~12,26☆가나인사아트갤러리☆
☆이벤트 참여> https://goo.gl/dwOqaZ

15380843_1284437444912712_7908196118988581780_n.jpg?oh=fd7d35351f04eb2745f7676fbf481f1f&oe=58BA7E47

• Like 15

Lee Jun Ki shares about his father and fans in 'KWAVE M'

lee-jun-ki_1481069157_af_org.jpg

Lee Jun Ki dominated the streets of Japan in style for 'KWAVE M'.

In the interview following the photo shoot, the actor opened up about his family, fans, career, and more. 

Lee Jun Ki first talked about his father, and said, "During a short time of struggle in my teenage years, I attended a martial arts stadium with my father for about a year. I'm thankful that he was by my side to help me get myself together." He added, "He still is the person who is the most accepting and allows me to open up my mind."

read more here:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/lee-jun-ki-shares-about-his-father-and-fans-in-kwave-m

• Like 14