Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

What??? Imagine if all medical practitioners are like that....providing diagnosis based on one off joke and probably mistranlated transcription, all hospitals would be 95% pyschiatric ward.

Another thing, it was  a variety show. They probably edited in way that make it look controversial. 

Some people...I can just shake my head. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

What??? Imagine if all medical practitioners are like that....providing diagnosis based on one off joke and probably mistranlated transcription, all hospitals would be 95% pyschiatric ward.

Another thing, it was  a variety show. They probably edited in way that make it look controversial. 

Some people...I can just shake my head. 

I know labelling a mental disorder can sound serious but I don't think @tinniet is far from the truth. He said himself he went into dark places during that time and the things he talked about were not light and usual. He is too honest that he actually frightened me with this story. He had a problem and was suffering from it, not knowing how to get out of the situation. Stardom rose too quickly and too intensely for him, it was too much and he lost his way. Luckily that period was short - because he realized it quickly and thanks to his caring family. 

LJG strikes me as very sensitive and emotional (that acting has to come from somewhere, and I believe it comes from deep, deep inside him. and it's a good thing it allows him to lash out). So I can totally believe what he said about his "star sickness" and take his words for what they are. He even got a little depressed after wrapping up Two Weeks. But as he get older, he has more maturity and can deal with his emotions better, and also knows perfectly how to behave in the industry.

The issues with the reporters certainly resulted in a combination of too much straightforwardness, overwhelming schedules and too much stress. The thing with his friends is different and more telling. 

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

I know labelling a mental disorder can sound serious but I don't think @tinniet is far from the truth. He said himself he went into dark places during that time and the things he talked about were not light and usual. He is too honest that he actually frightened me with this story. He had a problem and was suffering from it, not knowing how to get out of the situation. Stardom rose too quickly and too intensely for him, it was too much and he lost his way. Luckily that period was short - because he realized it quickly and thanks to his caring family. 

LJG strikes me as very sensitive and emotional (that acting has to come from somewhere, and I believe it comes from deep, deep inside him. and it's a good thing it allows him to lash out). So I can totally believe what he said about his "star sickness" and take his words for what they are. He even got a little depressed after wrapping up Two Weeks. But as he get older, he has more maturity and can deal with his emotions better, and also knows perfectly how to behave in the industry.

The issues with the reporters certainly resulted in a combination of too much straightforwardness, overwhelming schedules and too much stress. The thing with his friends is different and more telling. 

For me whatever is said is out of context. As an artist, he may have shared something about himself but it does not give us full view of who he is and the actual situatuon he is in. 

Sometimes if we have opinions we just have to keep to ourselves esp if its baseless and distractive. 

Now, I am telling you off. Do I have mental issues? 

By the way, I have seen that variety show.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, tinniet said:

That's exactly what I was trying to say^^ and not just towards his friends actually, but towards all people including stranger like reporter. Look, I don't think LJG is someone who would let others trample over him however nice he is, we can see how strict he could be when he served in the military. He is someone who wouldn't hesitate to tell others directly when they do wrong. That means if that reporter was really unprepared and he asked him/her about that matter in good manner, I don't think he would feel that he was behaving OOC. If he recognized that his behavior was unusual, enough for him to declare himself as having "celebrity sickness", that means there was really something changing in his behavior due to his sudden stardom. We might never know how unprepared that reporter really was or how rude actually the way LJG asked that reporter, but judging from the people's reaction when he told that story (I've watched the clip too), those words weren't something nice to say. And what followed after wasn't merely behaving "a bit" out of character; crying every night followed by mutilating things in the house (also triggered by his friends' betrayal with the money) was more or less the symptoms of mental disorder, period. When you said that his "celebrity sickness" was merely a product of his own imagination, sorry to say, it was sugarcoating. That disorder was really there and he was suffering from it. There's nothing normal about having that kind of behavior, no matter what level of stardom he was in.

I'm not trying to forcefully emphasize LJG as having mental disorder (while "celebrity sickness" itself hasn't been classified in psychiatry yet, I'd say it's very much  like narcissistic personality disorder, with depression as the most frequent comorbidity). Working in medical field, I'd say that like it or not, all of us will have some kinds of mental issue at some points in our life and there's nothing shameful about that. Destruction comes not from the mental disorder itself, but when one fails to recognize and seek for help i.e. poor insight. Public's stigma leads to people's denial about their mental issue. This, together with public's opinion that tolerates their disturbed behavior would contribute to their poor insight. Let's say, if LJG felt that it was normal for him to behave that way because he was a rising star, what would have become of him? It's a relief that eventhough that disorder was severe enough to affect his personal relationship and he was even suffering from the comorbidity i.e.. depression, he had a very good insight thanks to his family's unwavering support. He recognized something was wrong and he made an attempt to correct it. He bounced back with even stronger and more mature defense mechanism which may be the reason why he can survive in the harsh environment of Korean entertainment  till nowadays.

Concealing does more harm than good, while speaking out, though challenging, helps shutting down the stigma. I'm glad that LJG admitted about his "celebrity sickness" and shared the way he coped with it. It might serve as a green light for people who suffered from mental disorders to come out and seek for help.

Thanks for sharing your view. Most importantly, we know and hope he is in good place now. Cheers :)

• Like 9

wang so a.k.a lee jun ki

wstt

Wang So is my favourite drama hero for 2016 and probably high on my all-time list of most-loved male leads. The abandoned prince was so wild and beautiful, intriguing and charismatic. Unforgettable. I loved how he walked the fine balance between good and evil, and of course there’s Lee Jun Ki who made the character so alive and irresistible. I plan to re-watch Scarlet Heart: Ryeo once I have some time on my hands to revel in Lee Jun Ki’s masterclass of sageuk acting. Watching these clips paying tribute to Lee Jun Ki makes me miss the actor and character even more. The drama was a hot mess but Lee Jun Ki was hot and flawless. The raw intensity and blistering passion are what I’m missing in the currently showing dramas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhCgdSDBLew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AFn16YNYHs

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/11/27/wang-so-a-k-a-lee-jun-ki/

• Like 15

Watch: “7 First Kisses” Teaser Promises The Ultimate K-Drama Fantasy With Star-Studded Cast

7-First-Kisses.png

With a star-studded cast and heart fluttering scenes, “Seven First Kisses” has built up the hype by releasing a teaser video!

After previously holding a press conference, the drama finally released a teaser video on November 28. The released video reveals the ultimate K-drama fantasy, as it showcases an overwhelming cast including Park Hae Jin, Lee Min Ho, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Joon Gi, EXO’s Kai, 2Pm’s Taecyeon, and Choi Ji Woo.

read more here:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/28/watch-7-first-kisses-teaser-video-ultimate-k-drama-lovers-fantasy/

• Like 9

Hi Everyone!

I agree, looking at those photos everyone can tell that he looked sad and lost in thought, but I have to admit that I like these kind of photos of him. He looks more real and I wouldn't want him to fake a smile if he doesn't feel like it's needed. 

We of course, have no idea what was he truly thinking about, but let's hope that he is okay and someone cherish him in his life.

I know him for a long time now, but I don't think that I'll ever know him for real. I can see him through his roles but it's different. He has to act no matter how he feels or what he has to deal with wherever he goes. He has a beautiful personality but who knows how he feels about being himself after a while.

I also would like him to take a rest, but working is also a method to get away with sg you don't want to face yet. I believe that he is using his roles to deal better with the real world and the real LJK sometimes. Aren't we all watching dramas to feel better?

Anyway, let's see how this web drama goes, unfortunately I couldn't get myself to finish Moon Lovers, I've lost it around ep 12 I think. It was still very memorable to watch it, but very painful to finish it sooner.

Sorry for re-entering this forum time to time and sharing my thoughts, but no matter what, after a while I always look for him and sort of worrying about him. I so wanna hear him getting married and have kids, win the Daesang.. etc. I so want him to get what he deserves for a long time now.   

7-24-00606_tif.jpg

7-24-00623_tif.jpg

• Like 20

Finally I'm able to log in.

I become a fan of LJG thru Moon Lovers. His performance as Wang So was just amazing. Truly my favourite kdrama and Wang So has become my favourite character.

There is one thing I'm curious of. How tall exactly is Lee Joon Gi? He is listed as 178 cm tall but looks like he stands about the same as those who are 180-182 cm? I just watched this show 'Encounter with Mr Right' hosted my Oh Sang Jin. His profile states his 182cm but looks like he is  just as tall as LJG.

• Like 17

Woah, this discussion did not go in the direction I expected it to go. :sweatingbullets:

16 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Thank you, you explained exactly what I had in mind when I wrote about him having a "star sickness" and all. English is not my first language so sometimes I struggle to express myself as efficiently as I would like. I did not write this to bash him or judge him, I was more concerned about the aftermath of this situation and how it affected him back then. This is the paradox of LJG, on the one hand he's a very strong and determined person, on the other hand, as you have pointed out he seems to be very sensitive and emotional. 
My main concern was whether he may be feeling unwell or lonely, since a lot of people pointed out that he looked sad and tired lately. He usually hides this things well, trying to look cheerful for his fans so we can't really tell if there is something going on in his life. He's been really busy and probably couldn't spend much time with his family and friends this year, so I was worried that he might feel a little bit depressed.
I just think that many of his fans would like to see him having someone special beside him who would be a source of support and take care of him in the times like these.:blush:

• Like 15

6 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Mr Perfect admire2 onion head

lw4pdD.gif

His smile is a gift from heavens:heart:

Episodes would be short since it's a web drama but I'm pretty sure I will end up watching each of them for at least 3h because I will have to pause every 2 minutes in order to not die from heart palpitations or sth. 

• Like 17

On 27.11.2016 at 6:55 AM, Uniform Victory said:

I am currently watching Gunman in Joseon and looove it. It has the Iljimae feel in it when to comes to action choreography, but more mature and better. I really love Iljimae. Thought LJG was great in it but I think his performance in Gunman in Joseon is better. 

The thrill of this drama is killing me.

Ahhh this is great drama. I know what you mean. And yes - I too think that Joon Gi's performance in JG is better.

Do you watch the drama for the first time?

On 27.11.2016 at 8:34 AM, LyraYoo said:

*Theme: Joon Gi's Smiles* 

*melts* 

On 27.11.2016 at 4:46 PM, sosooyah19 said:

or maybe he didn't get enough sleep that's why he's kinda like that...

He mentioned some time ago that he suffers insomnia. Like he sleeps 3-4 hours per day. Poor man...

8 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Mr Perfect admire2 onion head

If he's perfect... why bother with 6 other guys? 

Ahh, can't wait to see the drama. Or to be more precise - the episode with our man. :wub:

When I grow up I want to take leading part in LDF mini-drama with 7 hot guys. Lee Joon Gi must be one of them!

4 hours ago, missmaudy said:

There is one thing I'm curious of. How tall exactly is Lee Joon Gi? He is listed as 178 cm tall but looks like he stands about the same as those who are 180-182 cm? I just watched this show 'Encounter with Mr Right' hosted my Oh Sang Jin. His profile states his 182cm but looks like he is  just as tall as LJG.

It is said he's 178 cm tall. 180-182 cm? That's only 2 cm of difference, almost nothing. :)

2 hours ago, gallevi said:

His smile is a gift from heavens:heart:

I just LLLLOVE how he smiled in this moment. Smile and a little laugh at the same time. :heart:

• Like 12