Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

I just read the translation of the specification of the screening event in JG Family facebook page, and I'm pleased to learn that it's free. That's very nice of them ~ Was it free already last year for SWWTN ?

And I came across (again) one of his fanmeeting post-Arang. A delight, even if I already saw it ^^ There is no subs, but it is really enjoyable even without them. *need to watch light things. the drama is stressful lately :P

Spoiler

• Like 11

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Episode 17

photo776685.jpg

It's the end for King Jeongjong, as the former Prince Yo melts down over...his mom I guess? I'm really not being sarcastic when I discuss how the elder brother has just straight up stolen his younger brother's character arc. It's kind of hard to feel sorry for King Jeongjong, though, when up until now he's just done explicitly evil stuff in pursuit of the throne and it's only now all of a sudden that the guy's starting to question why this was such a big priority.

I have a similar difficult time understanding Empress Yoon's character. Her hatred of Prince So at this point simply doesn't make any sense. Empress Yoon doesn't even make any kind of apparent effort to negotiate for actual political powers, the woman just decides that she hates her son and that's all the motivation she needs. How can we be so far along in this drama with so little idea of what the characters' actual goals are?

Even Soo falls in to this trap. Her relevance here has nothing to do with anything Soo has done up to this point, but rather simply her being well-positioned near King Jeongjong for the sake of listening to his crazy rants. Soo's scenes could be replaced by any random courtly lady and they would make about as much sense. Prince So's undying love to Soo comes off as inexplicable. The montages involving the newly crowned King Gwangjong are just plain silly.

Meanwhile, poor Prince Wook had his own special role in the royal intrigues and then the whole succession crisis happens without him. Faint praise though this may be, I suppose this succession crisis does make slightly more logical sense than the last one, since Prince So was at least in good standing with the previous King. Although I still can't make any sense of people showing up at the palace in full military dress and claiming there was a peaceful transition.

There are so many basic logical problems in "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo", though, that I could just go on and on about them indefinitely while always coming back to the same point. "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is not a good drama. It's weirdly rushed. Everything just happens too fast. And yet at the same time it feels like we're only just now getting to what seems like it should be the most important part- how Prince So will rule as King Gwangjong with Soo's influence.

Review by William Schwartz

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is directed by Kim Kyoo-tae, written by Jo Yoon-yeong and features Lee Joon-ki, IU, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Nam Joo-hyeok, Baekhyun and Ji Soo.

Episode 17

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, butterflysaga said:

O.M.G... What the.....

Is it even for real???? HAHAHAHAHA. He looks like Dancing with The Star contestant! With all those tacky dressed in neon color.. and the mustache!? Oh no, that pict. reminds me with India movie whenever the lovey dovey scene surfaced its a cue for dancing and singing all over again. LMAO

Oh my. It was for a scene on his drama, "Hero". He went there to investigate with the leading lady, it was a dance class or something like that. I don't know if the comical effect was wanted or if the staff really thought it was a cool outfit/mustache. Gosh xD 
Couldn't find the scene on youtube but here is the making ^_^ 

@zi4r, shared the new stills on the drama thread, but I just have to repost this one here. He is gorgeous, radiant, so princely/kingly :wub:
(Hae Soo as well, very pretty :)). My heart skipped a beat when I saw this pic. LOVE. 
This scene has to be my most anticipated one since I saw the OST cover of the mask thingy. 
(sorry a little off topic)

588576CvmbXNcUAAAMwct.jpg

• Like 20

11 hours ago, willenette said:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Episode 17

photo776685.jpg

It's the end for King Jeongjong, as the former Prince Yo melts down over...his mom I guess? I'm really not being sarcastic when I discuss how the elder brother has just straight up stolen his younger brother's character arc. It's kind of hard to feel sorry for King Jeongjong, though, when up until now he's just done explicitly evil stuff in pursuit of the throne and it's only now all of a sudden that the guy's starting to question why this was such a big priority.

I have a similar difficult time understanding Empress Yoon's character. Her hatred of Prince So at this point simply doesn't make any sense. Empress Yoon doesn't even make any kind of apparent effort to negotiate for actual political powers, the woman just decides that she hates her son and that's all the motivation she needs. How can we be so far along in this drama with so little idea of what the characters' actual goals are?

Even Soo falls in to this trap. Her relevance here has nothing to do with anything Soo has done up to this point, but rather simply her being well-positioned near King Jeongjong for the sake of listening to his crazy rants. Soo's scenes could be replaced by any random courtly lady and they would make about as much sense. Prince So's undying love to Soo comes off as inexplicable. The montages involving the newly crowned King Gwangjong are just plain silly.

Meanwhile, poor Prince Wook had his own special role in the royal intrigues and then the whole succession crisis happens without him. Faint praise though this may be, I suppose this succession crisis does make slightly more logical sense than the last one, since Prince So was at least in good standing with the previous King. Although I still can't make any sense of people showing up at the palace in full military dress and claiming there was a peaceful transition.

There are so many basic logical problems in "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo", though, that I could just go on and on about them indefinitely while always coming back to the same point. "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is not a good drama. It's weirdly rushed. Everything just happens too fast. And yet at the same time it feels like we're only just now getting to what seems like it should be the most important part- how Prince So will rule as King Gwangjong with Soo's influence.

Review by William Schwartz

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is directed by Kim Kyoo-tae, written by Jo Yoon-yeong and features Lee Joon-ki, IU, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Nam Joo-hyeok, Baekhyun and Ji Soo.

Episode 17

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

No Substance! Did he watch the drama? 

• Like 13

9 hours ago, butterflysaga said:

O.M.G... What the.....

Is it even for real???? HAHAHAHAHA. He looks like Dancing with The Star contestant! With all those tacky dressed in neon color.. and the mustache!? Oh no, that pict. reminds me with India movie whenever the lovey dovey scene surfaced its a cue for dancing and singing all over again. LMAO

This was a scene from Hero where he was supposed to look ridiculous. I thought it was a very fun, campy scene.

• Like 11

Hello everyone!!!!!

It's been a while since my last log in in this forum and i thought i miss a lot of interesting post about Lee Joon Gi. I was too busy with my sister's wedding and now finally i have my "me time". hehehehe

Soooo....many interesting post and i think it will took some time for me to read all of those post. However, could you please inform me what is the latest news about our super idol?

It was nice to see all of you again :)

• Like 8

17 hours ago, zi4r said:

Salivating on the hotness of Gwangjong right now...

GHU8B4j.gif

Sure, I'm gonna miss Wang So's gorgeousness in a ponytail, but hey! I can get behind this form of hotness too.

Oh GOD!! He is really look like a KING. I mean, yes he act as King Gwangjong, but his charisma really make him look like a real KING!

• Like 13

16 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Oh my. It was for a scene on his drama, "Hero". He went there to investigate with the leading lady, it was a dance class or something like that. I don't know if the comical effect was wanted or if the staff really thought it was a cool outfit/mustache. Gosh xD 
Couldn't find the scene on youtube but here is the making ^_^ 

@zi4r, shared the new stills on the drama thread, but I just have to repost this one here. He is gorgeous, radiant, so princely/kingly :wub:
(Hae Soo as well, very pretty :)). My heart skipped a beat when I saw this pic. LOVE. 
This scene has to be my most anticipated one since I saw the OST cover of the mask thingy. 
(sorry a little off topic)

588576CvmbXNcUAAAMwct.jpg

This scene is one of my favorite scene during the drama. They look perfect together from their head to their toe and also the set during this scene is so lovely. It is completely a perfect package! :)

• Like 10

@leesopark16 That photo of Wang So and Haesoo sneaking out of the palace was filmed somewhere in early May (based on IU's IG) whereas when Wang So becomes Gwangjong, I knew the filming took place somewhere in June. I don't know if it's just me but you could see that his cheeks were fuller and he looked bulkier compare to when he becomes Gwangjong, where he is so (sorry I'm saying this again) painfully skinny and paper flat. Gosh, I miss those cheeks and at least, his build was perfect, :heart: not too small against IU. As Gwangjong, he is really so elfin, even when IU is petite, Joon Gi himself looks small too. 

• Like 11

On 10/23/2016 at 9:49 PM, Ainee Etp said:

Watching SWWTN just to get by another 23 hours before Moon Lovers.

Now I can see why they cast him in SWWTN, he looks totally like the character in Manhwa. No other actors has eyes as sharp as him. He has a very anime look.

unuds.jpg

He indeed looks like the character in the Manhwa. His face, expression, eyes. I am totally agree with you that he has an anime look especially now after he had diet for his role as Wang So.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, willenette said:

*** The drama was only in the lead for a day & according to Nielsen Korea, it rated 10.1% last night, October 25th. This is a record breaker as it increased by 0.3% from the previous day, but it wasn't enough to beat the other drama, "The Man in My House". :)

I am happy for Lee Joon Gi and all of the cast and production staff for the increasing of the ratings. Although it is only 2 episodes remaining but i hope the ratings will be increase and i also hope the viewers satisfy with the ending (or maybe regret for not watch this drama from the very beginning. kekekeke)

• Like 13

He is hot ....

Lee Joon-gi to watch ‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ finale with fans

Updated : October 25 2016
A-
A+

(Namoo Actors)

Actor Lee Joon-gi’s agency Namoo Actors announced on its official homepage Monday that it will be hosting a fan-meeting event for the SBS drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.” 

The event, titled “My Love Lee Joon-gi,” will be a free and fans will be able to watch the final episode of “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” with Lee. 

A source at Namoo Actors said, “We hope it will be a meaningful and enjoyable experience for fans of ‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ and Lee Joon-gi. We also encourage fans to take lots of photos and videos. There will be little events and segments prepared by Lee Joon-gi so we urge fans to take an interest.” 

The event will take place on Nov. 1 at Lotte World Tour Super Plex G. 

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201610251757147456756_2

• Like 11

3 hours ago, cesar33 said:

I am happy for Lee Joon Gi and all of the cast and production staff for the increasing of the ratings. Although it is only 2 episodes remaining but i hope the ratings will be increase and i also hope the viewers satisfy with the ending (or maybe regret for not watch this drama from the very beginning. kekekeke)

Hi cesar, like you, I wish the ratings will increase as the finale' EP is nearing...................Right now, the rating percentage result is "safe" but I want it to be "strong' - Since there are only (2) EPs left, I guess it's impossible to reach the range of 15%-20% ratings, for this to consider as the "strong drama" - :P

• Like 6