Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

I found this article

On 4/2/2019 at 6:31 PM, helloXD said:

i want to ask a question 

i heard that LJG fans are really nice to him ?? so what make his fans speciall ??

Thank you very much for asking that ! You made me curious . Thanks to you I found this....I didn't know what they did for promoting Lawless Lawyer :thumbsup::heart:

• Like 3

happyfanlgx

i know about  how LGJ become a star and how he treat his fans but i wanted to know what fans do to him :) 

finally LGJ is more picky about his projects !! i was discussing this with someone and he said that LGJ should be more picky like song joong ki or lee min ho and just act the drama that will be a hit that way he will have more success  so  i said i agree with u but  he loves acting so let him act wt he wants ,lol

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, helloXD said:

i know about  how LGJ become a star and how he treat his fans but i wanted to know what fans do to him  

Ha ha ha...I saw your account is a new one so I supposed you don't know him very well.:grin: My apologies ! :heart:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happyfanlgx said:

Ha ha ha...I saw your account is a new one so I supposed you don't know him very well.:grin: My apologies ! :heart:

you dont need to apologize ,i more of mild fan i like LJG because he is really good at acting ,the roles he plays always deep and he is professional actor with respectful attitude,  i have been  in the dramaland since 2013 , so i know LJG since then i remember searching for the best drama 2013 there was master sun and two weeks at the time ,i watched him at my girl before  and i disliked him but two weeks changed my mind (to be honest i think 2 weeks is underatted >>didnt success much in korea it was competing master sun !!but now it is at netflix so that is enough ) then watched his other drama and well u know the rest 

to be honest i was surprised that anybody intrested at kdramas didnt know him ,most people knew him from moon lovers so i was shocked !!there was iljimae   ,TBWAD ,ARANG  not just moon lovers 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, helloXD said:

you dont need to apologize ,i more of mild fan i like LJG because he is really good at acting ,the roles he plays always deep and he is professional actor with respectful attitude,  i have been  in the dramaland since 2013 , so i know LJG since then i remember searching for the best drama 2013 there was master sun and two weeks at the time ,i watched him at my girl before  and i disliked him but two weeks changed my mind (to be honest i think 2 weeks is underatted >>didnt success much in korea it was competing master sun !!but now it is at netflix so that is enough ) then watched his other drama and well u know the rest 

to be honest i was surprised that anybody intrested at kdramas didnt know him ,most people knew him from moon lovers so i was shocked !!there was iljimae   ,TBWAD ,ARANG  not just moon lovers 

Hi helloXD,  I couldn't agree with you more -  that the drama is somehow underrated.............. "Two Weeks" in my opinion got less love than it deserved when it aired. But, I couldn't say that it failed rating-wise since the drama's average ratings result was 11.0% - In Korea's drama charting this is still safe, though. While I can see the rom-com, chem-tastic draw of Master Sun.  "Two Weeks" is a really solid drama.  As always, Lee Joon Gi nailed his role as Tae San.  "Two Weeks" is a fun ride with a lot of action.  Romance is not the focus of the drama, but it is present.  The characters are believable. Every character’s presence in the story makes sense.  I think it is a must watch for anyone, especially if you are a fan of Lee Joon Gi. So, what’s not to love? Here, he's truly mesmerizing as the fugitive daddy on the run, who faced with a reason to live because of his little girl. He fights tooth and nail to stay alive, not for his own sake, but for his daughter. Another thing I totally love about this daddy-daughter duo is that she saves him as much as he saves her. She gives him motivation to live. She gives him a reason to clean up his life. She gives him an unconditional love and acceptance that he’s never before experienced. I do like how the show builds in Soo Jin as Tae San’s sub-conscience, such that Tae San sees Soo Jin even when he’s not with her. I like how this device helps to sustain the connection between father and daughter even though he’s not physically able to be with her. Of course, I loved the moments Tae San shared with real-life Soo Jin. I love the sneak visit Tae San makes to the hospital in episode 6, where he and Soo Jin share an unspoken moment together. Such a sweet moment, played out with such quiet sensitivity. I love too, how Soo Jin covers her mouth in an effort to contain her delight when Tae San calls out her name. Serious kudos to the writers for managing to pace everything so well. In some dramas, there’s this feeling that the writers are dragging the story to fill up screen time. Not so with "Two Weeks." The writers demonstrate that they aren’t afraid to let things happen. Just halfway through the show, Tae San is so beaten up and bleeding so much, having been shot, no less, that I couldn’t help wondering how much more the poor guy could possibly take. Flashbacks are heavily used here to add dimension and even as we go on the run with Tae San in “real time,” we get to learn about the back-story through flashbacks. It’s just that they started to feel rather overused, by the time we hit the second half of the drama. Lee Jun Ki makes it all so believable, vulnerable and extremely engaging. He's my favorite thing in this drama. Perhaps my favorite thing about Lee Jun Ki’s portrayal of Tae San, was the look in his eyes. Whatever Tae San was doing, Lee Jun Ki's gaze has so much expression. I'm satisfied with the ending. I love that Tae San’s name is fully cleared. It’s sad that Tae San plans to leave, but I understand why the writers did that. Everyone in our story needs time to heal, anyway. Lesson in the drama - Be grateful for the present. We see it in Tae San and his life & family. They each choose not to dwell in regrets, and instead be grateful for the present, and look with hope to the future. "Two Weeks" is really a good drama.  :P

• Like 3
  • Love 1

If we talk about the roles that the LJG chooses, I want to mention that since 2008 to 2017 he has been blacklisted. He was taken to the army from two projects in which he had already started acting - from series ""Faith" and movie "Grand Prix". Although usually in such cases, all the actors were given a reprieve. He was no longer invited to movies, to advertising.

He always said that he wanted to act in action movies and did not want in romcoms because he could not play romance. But now I am inclined to think that because of this blacklist he was simply not offered hit scenarios (as for Lee Min Ho or Son Joong Ki). But I am only glad about it. All LJG roles have depth, life-affirming (at least most of them). They are not short-living things.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, astrantia said:

If we talk about the roles that the LJG chooses, I want to mention that since 2008 to 2017 he has been blacklisted. He was taken to the army from two projects in which he had already started acting - from series ""Faith" and movie "Grand Prix". Although usually in such cases, all the actors were given a reprieve. He was no longer invited to movies, to advertising.

He always said that he wanted to act in action movies and did not want in romcoms because he could not play romance. But now I am inclined to think that because of this blacklist he was simply not offered hit scenarios (as for Lee Min Ho or Son Joong Ki). But I am only glad about it. All LJG roles have depth, life-affirming (at least most of them). They are not short-living things.

Yes...so many years blacklisted....:cry: While he and many others were banned from finding work or appearing in anything, the former administrations also had a 'White List'' of celebrities who supported the administration. 

I think it has been particularly frustrating. In 2006, he said in an interview that he wants to win an award at Cannes....but it seems he had no offer for a big movie. Same for the dramas (Moon Lovers was an exception and we probably have to be thankful to NBC Universal International Television for giving us The 4th Prince, Wang So)

Fortunately, the bad guys couldn't destroy his career. At that time, he had already become a celebrity unanimously recognized as a very good actor and thanks to the support of his huge and solid fan base. 

Born in 1982, Lee would normally have time to enlist until the end of 2010 but the administration declined his request for a postponement of enlistment in the Army ( very rarely, if not an unique case when it comes to a celebrity) probably in the hope that people will forget him, he was a very . Because of his outstanding performance during the training period, he won the first prize of the total training score and won the award of the Army Training Institute. JG was the best shooter : out of 20 targets, he shot 19, and showed that he was the king of shooting. Lee Joon Gi also won the Army General Staff Award for outstanding performance and received an extra week of vacation rewards(''The celebrity soldier that went out on vacation the most was Lee Min Ho. Out of the 665 days of service, he received 150 days of vacation. Kim Yoon Sung had 116 days, Choi Jae Ho had 108 days, Lee Sun Ho had 103 days of vacation.

Ordinary army soldiers are given 32 days of vacation and have a maximum of 50 days of break.''-source   )

On November 1, 2011, JG was promoted to the first class and on December 1, 2011, he was promoted to the captain. He appeared in the musical "Voyage of Life" and in National Defense TV programs. He also was a DJ for National Defense FM

On February 16, 2012, he were discharged from the active duty. About 2,000 fans gathered at the Yongsan Defense Department, where the resignation ceremony was held. Officials of the Ministry of Defense could not hide their surprise, saying, "It is the first time that so many fans have gathered."  "I am full of gratitude to the fans who have been waiting for two years without forgetting me." 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, happyfanlgx said:

Yes...so many years blacklisted....:cry: While he and many others were banned from finding work or appearing in anything, the former administrations also had a 'White List'' of celebrities who supported the administration. 

I think it has been particularly frustrating. In 2006, he said in an interview that he wants to win an award at Cannes....but it seems he had no offer for a big movie. Same for the dramas (Moon Lovers was an exception and we probably have to be thankful to NBC Universal International Television for giving us The 4th Prince, Wang So)

Fortunately, the bad guys couldn't destroy his career. At that time, he had already become a celebrity unanimously recognized as a very good actor and thanks to the support of his huge and solid fan base. 

Born in 1982, Lee would normally have time to enlist until the end of 2010 but the administration declined his request for a postponement of enlistment in the Army ( very rarely, if not an unique case when it comes to a celebrity) probably in the hope that people will forget him, he was a very . Because of his outstanding performance during the training period, he won the first prize of the total training score and won the award of the Army Training Institute. JG was the best shooter : out of 20 targets, he shot 19, and showed that he was the king of shooting. Lee Joon Gi also won the Army General Staff Award for outstanding performance and received an extra week of vacation rewards(''The celebrity soldier that went out on vacation the most was Lee Min Ho. Out of the 665 days of service, he received 150 days of vacation. Kim Yoon Sung had 116 days, Choi Jae Ho had 108 days, Lee Sun Ho had 103 days of vacation.

Ordinary army soldiers are given 32 days of vacation and have a maximum of 50 days of break.''-source   )

On November 1, 2011, JG was promoted to the first class and on December 1, 2011, he was promoted to the captain. He appeared in the musical "Voyage of Life" and in National Defense TV programs. He also was a DJ for National Defense FM

On February 16, 2012, he were discharged from the active duty. About 2,000 fans gathered at the Yongsan Defense Department, where the resignation ceremony was held. Officials of the Ministry of Defense could not hide their surprise, saying, "It is the first time that so many fans have gathered."  "I am full of gratitude to the fans who have been waiting for two years without forgetting me." 

Hi happyfanlgx, you're right, dear -  However, the 30 celebrity soldiers that were discharged after year 2010 had an average vacation that was 76.4 days. However, now the special leave has been decreasing. Now the celebrity vacation leave is similar to ordinary soldiers. But special considerations are allowed for celebrity soldiers. The reason why celebrities receive more vacation days than ordinary soldiers is because they’re often required to participate in a wide variety of activities in promoting the Korean military overseas. Currently, well-known TV entertainers who are asked to participate in the military's public relations campaigns get more rewards. Under this system, the more events an enlisted man participates in, the more rewards he receives. This cause a problem to so many that’s why they’re considering ways now to make the system more fair. They always get time off on Holidays (like Chuseok) though. :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:20 AM, willenette said:

Hi helloXD,  I couldn't agree with you more -  that the drama is somehow underrated.............. "Two Weeks" in my opinion got less love than it deserved when it aired. But, I couldn't say that it failed rating-wise since the drama's average ratings result was 11.0% - In Korea's drama charting this is still safe, though. While I can see the rom-com, chem-tastic draw of Master Sun.  "Two Weeks" is a really solid drama.  As always, Lee Joon Gi nailed his role as Tae San.  "Two Weeks" is a fun ride with a lot of action.  Romance is not the focus of the drama, but it is present.  The characters are believable. Every character’s presence in the story makes sense.  I think it is a must watch for anyone, especially if you are a fan of Lee Joon Gi. So, what’s not to love? Here, he's truly mesmerizing as the fugitive daddy on the run, who faced with a reason to live because of his little girl. He fights tooth and nail to stay alive, not for his own sake, but for his daughter. Another thing I totally love about this daddy-daughter duo is that she saves him as much as he saves her. She gives him motivation to live. She gives him a reason to clean up his life. She gives him an unconditional love and acceptance that he’s never before experienced. I do like how the show builds in Soo Jin as Tae San’s sub-conscience, such that Tae San sees Soo Jin even when he’s not with her. I like how this device helps to sustain the connection between father and daughter even though he’s not physically able to be with her. Of course, I loved the moments Tae San shared with real-life Soo Jin. I love the sneak visit Tae San makes to the hospital in episode 6, where he and Soo Jin share an unspoken moment together. Such a sweet moment, played out with such quiet sensitivity. I love too, how Soo Jin covers her mouth in an effort to contain her delight when Tae San calls out her name. Serious kudos to the writers for managing to pace everything so well. In some dramas, there’s this feeling that the writers are dragging the story to fill up screen time. Not so with "Two Weeks." The writers demonstrate that they aren’t afraid to let things happen. Just halfway through the show, Tae San is so beaten up and bleeding so much, having been shot, no less, that I couldn’t help wondering how much more the poor guy could possibly take. Flashbacks are heavily used here to add dimension and even as we go on the run with Tae San in “real time,” we get to learn about the back-story through flashbacks. It’s just that they started to feel rather overused, by the time we hit the second half of the drama. Lee Jun Ki makes it all so believable, vulnerable and extremely engaging. He's my favorite thing in this drama. Perhaps my favorite thing about Lee Jun Ki’s portrayal of Tae San, was the look in his eyes. Whatever Tae San was doing, Lee Jun Ki's gaze has so much expression. I'm satisfied with the ending. I love that Tae San’s name is fully cleared. It’s sad that Tae San plans to leave, but I understand why the writers did that. Everyone in our story needs time to heal, anyway. Lesson in the drama - Be grateful for the present. We see it in Tae San and his life & family. They each choose not to dwell in regrets, and instead be grateful for the present, and look with hope to the future. "Two Weeks" is really a good drama.  :P

hi again how passionate!!!!! the drama get 9 % not 11% and master sun get 18% iirc , and if u ever watch defendent kdrama it had a similar story line to 2 weeks but it had a huge success ,anway i dont recommened this drama for less than 16 because it is  a  violent drama.

warning: spoiler 2 weeks (dont read under 16 )

Tae san is complicated character how has no self respect  because his father left him and his mother  suicide , he had misfournate life after being orphan he went in a lot of fights that made him spotted in the gangs life that from the beginning  he wasnt fit to be  one !!

after a while he met IN HYE ,who made him think he is precious person for the first time , so

he wanted to be a better person for her ,he wanted to be out from the gang life ,but life is not easy he gets involved with  Moon Il-Seok to go to prison for a crime he never did or else in hye will die !!! so Tae san MADE a huge mistake out of Despair he tells in hye the only person who  trully loved him to miscarriage !!so she wont suicide  like his mother !!then he goes to prision twice with hard chances to fix his life and no motivation to live .after IN HYE comes to his life again telling about his daughter, his daughter becomes his new light in life ,Tae  san who is already who wanted to have a daughter and WHO had big heart  TO BEGIN WITH , want to do one thing right to save his daughter who is dying ,who lived without  him for 8 years ,BUT he is involved with a murder case so he runs away , what I loved is how tae san change through this 2 weeks , how smart he was ,he was an  intelligent person , how nobody could catch him ,how his daughter gave him courage to survive , how kind he was to help people in need through his running though he had no time for them , i wished they increased the parts when he went from another person to another  meeting citizens 

,he is a character very human u can relate .

i liked  how they made a person who cant hurt people because of his trauma from the past , especially in his dirty environment he needed a strong reason not to harm people .

at ep 7 when he confronted Moon Il-Seok for the first time >>was the best ep , TAE san was so awesome at ep 16 when he told Moon Il-Seok that he had no right to mess with his life to begin with ,at ep 14 when he told him i wont kill u because i dont want my daughter to be the daughter of a murder . TAE SAN at first he just wanted to save his daughter but then he started wanting to live too , to be a good father .

daughter -father family >>>were  so meaningful like u said they saved each other .

the ending was reasonable he needed time to fix his life so iam satisfied .

I noticed thing in LJG he cries all out , he doesnt make it look beautiful or cool like other actors!!he just cry in relatable way i really liked this 

AND LJG acted  a father- son in iljimae  it was a really cool and beautiful bond  i loved it .

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 9:45 PM, astrantia said:

when i think about a drama he shouldnt have picked i think it is CM iifc he took it because some fans didnt want him in historical drama 

so he already has a narrow chances because of being blacklisted so after acting in historical dramas for 3 years he will have more narrow chances in modren dramas , i know he wanted to satisfy the fans but at the same time if he felt the drama isnot good enough then he doesnt have to act it , he seemed to hesitate alot before confirming acting in it , he seemed to wait a better project, so what i want him to know is no matter what kind of drama u act if it is a good one fans will be satisfied but in another hand if he didnt act in CM  maybe LL wouldnt have been offered to him??anyway i for my self didnt like LL but it was a success for LJG  in korea so that must made him happy :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, helloXD said:

when i think about a drama he shouldnt have picked i think it is CM iifc he took it because some fans didnt want him in historical drama 

so he already has a narrow chances because of being blacklisted so after acting in historical dramas for 3 years he will have more narrow chances in modren dramas , i know he wanted to satisfy the fans but at the same time if he felt the drama isnot good enough then he doesnt have to act it , he seemed to hesitate alot before confirming acting in it , he seemed to wait a better project, so what i want him to know is no matter what kind of drama u act if it is a good one fans will be satisfied but in another hand if he didnt act in CM  maybe LL wouldnt have been offered to him??anyway i for my self didnt like LL but it was a success for LJG  in korea so that must made him happy :)

I didn't watch Criminal Minds yet... but that's not because of it's rating in Korea ( for me, this is no longer a criterion when it comes to choose a Kdrama to watch :mrgreen: Same the K Awards , since I found out about the political interference in K Film Industry and also in the K Film Festivals during the 2 former K administrations ) 

As I saw JG was praised for his acting performance in CM, not only by critics but also by viewers. Anyway, it's a matter of taste...

For example, Lawless Lawyer is one of my favorite dramas :grin: I spent a day and a night to watch all episodes and I didn't regret:heart: Not only JG but all the actors were very good in LL. Of course, no drama is perfect but as long as an actor is so good that he makes me cross the border and the monitor disappears between us, means that drama is good enough for me and the actor's acting skills are perfect to make me believe...

I don't know if CM is the reason LL has been offered to him but I strongly believe LL has a very personal meaning for him and that there is a connection to the blacklisted period and the blacklisting scandal in K Film Industry

• Like 1

happyfanlgx 

i have my standards like you  when it comes to drama , if l i dont like it no actor can save it for me,especially if i like the actor i wont watch for him a drama i didnt like because my likness for him will decrease in my case so i tend to avoid that  i dropped LL ,though the actors were amazing . i remember i liked kim soo hyun but when i saw his role at producer i dropped it at ep 3 even the drama was good but didnt like his role . 

iam always happy to see fans like u who looks at the acting  , i was worried that LL  didnt success internationally ,did it??like u said it is a matter of taste , i mean i could always wait for a project i like from LJG but i want him to success especially knowing how hardworking he is . 

just found this at scarlet heart fourm ,after seeing this i kinda changed my mind ,maybe it was a good move to act in modren even if it was narrrow chances 

there patience seem to be  runing out( knetz) no wonder he took a contemporary drama 

i hope they are glad now lol they wanted him in contemporary drama and he gave them LL 

i was happy to see them trust him in sageuk 

Lee Jun Ki cast as lead in Bu Bu Jing Xin's Korean remake

d98f.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Naver: Lee Jun Ki to lead Bu Bu Jing Xin's remake 'Moon Lovers'

1. [+1,009, -39] You can trust Lee Jun Ki!! I love him in sageuks but please do a contemporary drama too ㅠㅠ You have no idea how good you look in a suit ㅠㅜ

2. [+850, -39] Heol another sageuk? I like sageuks but it's time for him to move to a contemporary setting

3. [+732, -28] I wish they don't remake this, to be honest. Lee Jun Ki for sure is a good actor but finding a skilled writer is the key to its success

4. [+135, -6] I hope they don't pair him with an incompetent female lead this time..

5. [+128, -9] The casting of the female lead is more important than the male lead. I hope they find a good one. I'm not in favor of remakes but Lee Jun Ki's sageuks never disappoint

6. [+113, -7] What a relief that Kim Gyu Tae PD is helming this. Make sure the drama doesn't collapse midway only for poor Lee Jun Ki to hard carry it

7. [+95, -8] You can trust Lee Jun Ki!! I hope you get to work with a good writer and leading lady this time ~~

8. [+94, -9] Don't cast either Jin Se Yeon or Lee Yoo Bi ㅜ Park Min Young would be great ^^

9. [+89, -4] Please do a good job with the remake and pick a talented female lead! No idols ㅋㅋ

10. [+79, -24] Pick Park Shin Hye for the female lead ㅠㅠ And no idols please

11. [+60, -3] Bu Bu Jing Xin is epic. The female lead's casting is important

11 hours ago, helloXD said:

i have my standards like you  when it comes to drama , if l i dont like it no actor can save it for me,especially if i like the actor i wont watch for him a drama i didnt like because my likness for him will decrease in my case so i tend to avoid that  i dropped LL ,though the actors were amazing . i remember i liked kim soo hyun but when i saw his role at producer i dropped it at ep 3 even the drama was good but didnt like his role . 

iam always happy to see fans like u who looks at the acting  , i was worried that LL  didnt success internationally ,did it??like u said it is a matter of taste , i mean i could always wait for a project i like from LJG but i want him to success especially knowing how hardworking he is . 

just found this at scarlet heart fourm ,after seeing this i kinda changed my mind ,maybe it was a good move to act in modren even if it was narrrow chances 

there patience seem to be  runing out( knetz) no wonder he took a contemporary drama 

i hope they are glad now lol they wanted him in contemporary drama and he gave them LL 

i was happy to see them trust him in sageuk 

I'm sure you had your standards :grin: For me a TV Series/Movie is like music...I need to be in a proper mood. Sometimes I fully enjoy a comedy , other time a romance or an action movie….There're movies/dramas or scenes  I liked very much but I felt so much pain watching them that almost left me exhausted ...so I hardly could re-watch them if I’m not in the same mood as the first time  and I’m not prepared to endure so much pain.

Other dramas/movies or part of them, are like medicine for me and watching them it relaxes me...clears my mind...it makes me feel good and yes...like music, it makes me feel confident and strong, ready for a new beginning or to keep fighting for something. But no director or script could do it if there isn't at least a good actor. Of course, a good actor doesn't mean the whole drama is good but I'll keep watching it for the actor. I'll never throw a book just because I don't like one or few chapters . So it depends on what we're expecting from a drama and actors and what they can give us. 

As I said before, LL is one of my favorite dramas but it is that kind of drama hard to re-watch because it hurts me...it's about something that often happens in real life...Injustice, politicians and corruption influences our daily lives.  LL isn't a simple story about good guys and bad guys. Ha ha ha... when I started to watch it I said : Oh...it seems to be a funny action TV Series, so take some popcorn and relax !:D  How wrong I was...it was funny but not really ...:mrgreen:

I don't know if LL has an international success but my friends liked it. Well...to be honest, they like Moon Lovers more than they like LL :joy:

I think his fans trust him whatever he chooses :tounge_wink: Of course, their opinions are important for him but the most important for him is if he'll be able to completely immerse himself in the character ...OK my angels, be as you want but I'm the one who decides... :mrgreen: :joy:

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 11:02 PM, helloXD said:

anyone can remember LJG  hair style before MS , i heard it was popular hair style in variety shows, was it because of him  or it was already popular hair style and he did it for himself ??

For example, 2014 Press Conference in China

or 2013-2014 for DVD Two Weeks

Spoiler

Spoiler

2013 Apan Star Awards

Spoiler

2015.04 Birthday Party

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 11:02 PM, helloXD said:

anyone can remember LJG  hair style before MS , i heard it was popular hair style in variety shows, was it because of him  or it was already popular hair style and he did it for himself ??

What MS means ?

• Like 1