Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

"Two Weeks" Lee Joon-ki breaks into Jo Man-ki's house

photo347664.jpg

Lee Joon-ki broke into Jo Man-ki's house.

On the twelfth episode of the MBC drama "Two Weeks" on the 12th, Jang Tae-san (Lee Joon-ki) planned to steal the digital camera which could be evidence to his case.

There was no other way. Arresting Kim (Song Jae-rim) wasn't going to work and he needed something more than that. Jang Tae-san held hands with Park Jae-kyeong (Kim So-yeon) and planned to get the camera from Moon Il-seok's (Jo Min-ki) home. They were sure they were going to get it.

Jang Tae-san can Han Chi-gook (Cheon Ho-jin) to ask about the inside about the house as he was the initial owner of it.

Jang Tae-san got in touch with Han Chi-gook and begged him for help as he only needed to tell him about the structure of the house.

After some planning, Han Chi-gook transformed into an old man picking scrap from the streets. He pushed a cart full of paper and boxes and headed towards Moon Il-seok's house. The security caught the old man on camera but didn't think much of it. Han Chi-gook let go of the cart pretending to cough. Jang Tae-san used this timing to jump over the wall of the house.

Han Chi-gook blocked the camera while pretending to stretch his arms. Jang Tae-san managed to get into the house but ran into Moon Il-sook inside.

Source : reviewstar.hankooki.c... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

Hi! I've been on drama thread and didn't visit here for a while.

I'm curious about the number of rice, in the news there were on 780 kgs, but from what I knew from his fans, it should be nearly 7 tons (7000 kgs). Is there the original article in Korean?

'투윅스' 이준기, 선행천사 등극…팬 선물 기아 대책 기구에 전달

http://news.nate.com/view/20130912n08987

20130912020622_0.jpg

wrong translation---

이준기는 어려움을 겪고 있는 어린이들을 돕기 위해 쌀화환 6870kg, 계란 2000개, 기저귀 2128개, 연탄2100개, 분유 21개를 기아대책에 전부 기부하기로 했다.

It was 6870 kgs of rice.

class="blog_h2 entry-title"Two Weeks audience share keeps dropping despite complimentary reviews

20130904_1378275218_38806400_1.jpg

Episode after episode, the share of the TV viewing audience garnered by MBC’s drama series Two Weeks stays flat or goes down. According to a September 12 announcement by Nielsen Korea, which conducts surveys of TV programs to generate audience ratings, Two Weeks recorded 9.5 percent of viewers for the episode aired on September 11. This was 0.4 percent lower than the percentage for the previous episode.

Even though the drama series has been receiving favorable comments for its fast pace and well-written script, the audience share doesn’t reflect the critical acclaim. In the latest episode, Jang Tae Ha, played by Lee Joon Gi, and the prosecutor Park Jae Gyung, played by Kim So Hyun, team up to arrest the killer Kim, played by Song Jae Rim.

Among programs in the same time slot, KBS 2TV’s Anticipating A Date showed a 3.0-percent audience share, and SBS’s Master’s Sun got 18.3 percent.

‘Two Weeks’ Lee Joon-Gi, what’s secret to his high class acting?

7150_1.jpg

Actor Lee Joon-Gi is absorbed into his script.
In MBC Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Two Weeks’, Lee Joon-Gi took a role of Jang Tae-San, who is running away to save his daughter after being falsely accused of murder.
While Lee Joon-Gi is getting massive praises with his high class acting, Lee Joon-Gi’s photo of being absorbed into his script was revealed. In the photo, Lee Joon-Gi is concentrating on his script, holding it tightly.
A person from ‘Two Weeks’ said, “Lee Joon-Gi is known as to be hard working person, and he is also doing his best in the studio even though he is in the middle of busy schedule. He is concentrating on the script to express Jang Tae-San’s character well.”

source : Innolife.co.kr

[HanCinema's Hall of Fame] "The King and the Clown"

photo348193.jpg

In the Spotlight this Week: "The King and the Clown" (2005) by Lee Joon-ik

Before Bong Joon-ho's "The Host" in 2006, "The King and the Clown" was Korea's highest grossing film and was the country's official submission for the 2006 Academy Awards. Lee's feature was showered with the support of 12.3 million local viewers back in 2005, and remains Lee Joon-ik's most successful film to date. Set during South Korea's rich and fascinating Joseon dynasty, "The King and the Clown" is a classic period yarn that challenges contemporary issues such as homosexuality, personal freedom, and one's socio-economic status; themes that can be tracked in subsequent historical features such as Yoo Ha's controversial "A Frozen Flower" (2008) and Choo Chang-min's blockbuster "Masquerade" (2012). Gorgeously presented and swimming in symbols and performance motifs, Lee Joon-ik "The King and the Clown" is nostalgic spectacle the successfully bridges the divide between the constrictions of days past and a romantic hope for those still to come.

Jang-seung (Kam Woo-seong) and Gong-gil (Lee Joon-ki) are a duo of performing fools forced to head to the country's capital to avoid persecution. Talented and inseparable, the pair takes no time at all in attracting hungry crowds with their acrobatic talents and daredevil comedy. Jang-seung and Gong-gil's performances are romantic and sexual in nature, questionable content that ultimately caused them to flee from their small town in the first place. After hearing rumours about the tyrannical king's (Jeong Jin-yeong) bedroom escapades and fancies, the pair team up with three other local performers to entertain the peasants with their comic interpretation of him and his wanting consort. Their shows are an instant hit, but their light-hearted antics soon catch the unwanted attention of the city's officials who are less assumed by their disrespectful take on the king's love life. The group manages to convince officials that the king would actually appreciate their efforts and, after successfully amusing his highness, they all get invited to stay at the palace as his official entertainment. With their bellies full and coffers comforted, these fools seem to have made it for themselves, however the neurotic and cruel king's behaviour becomes a cause for concern, and things soon get too much for Jang-seung as his love for Gong-gil is royally threatened.

The film contains some gorgeous costumes and a number of stunning set pieces as Lee paints a captivating spectacle that is both rich and vibrant. From the shabby peasants in the city's hub to king's own glorious dragon-themed attire, the film beautifully captures the texture and fashion of the time with a crisp contemporary veneer that modern audiences can appreciate and admire. Social ascension and homosexuality are the predominant themes found within the film, underscoring the narrative's progression as these poor fools and the disturbed king collide. The issue of homosexuality in Korean cultural is a particularly contested area, and its inclusion here is somewhat muted but by no means subtle. Jang-seung and the extremely effeminate Gong-gil never engage each other directly, but their close relationship and mutual love for one another is undeniable. The neurotic king's increasing fancy for Gong-gil is handled in much the same manner. As the impulsive king continues to seek Gong-gil's company, Jang-seung's finds himself unable to subdue his own feelings and love for him – an inconsolable jealousy that bubbles to a defying boil as the film's climax draws nearer.

The film is bookmarked with the fools' staple act of lovers flirting on and around a tightrope. It is a compelling and telling metaphor that is carried throughout the film as the pair continuously find themselves in precariously situations with the lusting king. Here Lee subtly represents their relationship as a consequential balancing act, one that has the potential to claim both of them at any moment. As Jang-seung and Gong-gil rise above their previously disadvantaged circumstances, their ability to keep from falling becomes threatened. In the film's final moments the mad king's wild pursuit of pleasure eventually has them performing their staple act once again. However this time what is at stake are not laughs, food to fill their stomachs, or even their own livelihood, but something much greater and worth defying whatever power his highness assumes to hold over the lovers' heads.

photo348192.jpg

- C.J. Wheeler (chriscjw@gmail.com; @KoreaOnTheCouch)

class="articletitle"Hottest Military Uniformed K-Pop Celebrity

Every Korean born male, unless a health issue is involved, has to adhere to the laws of serving a mandatory military service. Half of K-pop is made up of Korean born males which means they all get shipped off to service in the military even if they are at the peak of their careers. A member of EXO could be just finishing up a performance of "Wolf" when the letter for him to serve his country gets sent his way-no matter who you are you must obey the law and if the military calls, you go. Though there's nothing good that comes out of seeing our favorite K-pop stars leave for 2 years, there is one perk-military uniforms. Women love them in uniform right? So let's take a look at some of the best!

(skipped unrelated.....)

Lee Jun Ki may be androgynous, but smack on a military uniform on him and boy looks like a man, no question!

103541.jpg

source : kpopstarz

@theone4me, @lotus

These are what you think about 2W? But it's ok, we've just different opinions. For me, JG made a very right decision this time for his fans and his career cos he gets most of his fans with his acting talents, fast-paced and exciting male-centered plots more than his looks. Love the way his projects doing great without the help of romance or actresses. I think he also prefers to choose such plots that he can show his excellent acting skills distinctively.

In korea, most public tv viewers are middle-age ladies so they want to watch a breezy romantic story compared to a dark thrilling one for the same time slot. That's why the ratings are lesser.

Also, I'm tired with rom-com KDs, don't like their executions of the new ones, in MS too, can't get the fun feeling when watching it.

Watching 2W is not frustrating either, we know JTS will survive till the D-Day but it's not predictable how all good and bad guys will be wrapped up for the ending. We are watching this drama for how TS struggles in 2W, not for if he survives or not within 2 wks. As the drama progresses more and more, it's much satisfied seeing all characters are developing well, esp. JTS, now becoming an intelligent planner. No one is overacting, actresses also fit well with their characters, not boring. Love IH and soojin's characters too, both are bright and smart girls.

Since JTS is the main hero for this drama, he (an ordinary citizen) must have to be better than the prosecutors and cops. If not, viewers won't love him and will only consider him as an idiot running fugitive, right? ;)

In the case of security, maybe you missed the fact that JTS is known to be dead by the public and the government. So he doesn't need to afraid the security of the hospital, he only needs to take care of the bad guys. That's why he went back to IH for SJ's hair clip. The writer has penned well her layers of writing till ep.14 so we should wait patiently how TS would do the surgery.

Actually, 2W is a perfect k-drama of all time in terms of acting, writing and filming. Love it more than A&M which had a slower pacing I felt in late eps. If I've to judge the positions for LJG's dramas, I'll give first places to TBDW, Iljimae and of course, 2 Weeks :)>- For second places, A&M, Hero and my girl. :) Because I'm so in love with the JG's characters & the very fast pacing yet meaningful, interesting and exciting plots of TBDW, Iljimae and 2W while I didn't feel such excitement when watching A&M, Hero and my girl, though I like them as good dramas.

As we all are JG fans, I want to encourage you. This year, I think we still have chances to hope our JG winning Best Actor Awards bcos MBC doesn't have many dramas with high ratings this year yet to share their awards. Wish 2 Weeks "the happy ending & good luck for getting many awards", JG deserves so much :-bd

buttt... the androgynous beauty is not bad..... because he looks so cute..  and he looks like a man... the androgynous beauty doesn´t mean that the person looks a woman........ only a delcate features no more......... he has a good look... no more.. but he is a cute man I want  one like him!!!!! oppa you are the best!!!! ufff..

I love two weeks... so unfair all situations!... please I beg the end going to fair pleaseeeeeeeeeeee I wait for that... because after all this fights he deserves a happy life and lives in peace... i´m waiting that the end not happend the same thing like in  (iris, shark or the devil) all resolve finally  and from nothing shot him and killing him..... noo nooo I´ll kill the series when this gonna happen!!!!!
:-w >:P

@theone4me, @lotus

In korea, most public tv viewers are middle-age ladies so they want to watch a breezy romantic story compared to a dark thrilling one for the same time slot. That's why the ratings are lesser.

As we all are JG fans, I want to encourage you. This year, I think we still have chances to hope our JG winning Best Actor Awards bcos MBC doesn't have many dramas with high ratings this year yet to share their awards. Wish 2 Weeks "the happy ending & good luck for getting many awards", JG deserves so much :-bd

Just wanted to mean the general tv viewers in Korea more used to watch rom-coms or melos compared to action/thrillers, the likes don't depend on age of course.

I know that JG also has fans of amazing different age-spans, from about 10s to 70s I guess, it's incredible =D>

Since it's true most of KD fans want to watch KDs including many romantic scenes of the OTP, I've no offence with the different genres we like more.

Now I'm in my college days and more likely to watch hollywood cartoons & movies than romantic KDs, that maybe the reason I became a loyal JG fan and love him choosing the exciting male-centered plots that are focused on versatile acting skills, action scenes and not much on romantic scenes... but they contain enough of them for us to ship the otp really :x

Also it seems many JG fans have the same favorite taste in the genres that JG himself prefers to choose. In 2 Weeks, I'm not only shipping the OTP but also the Happy Family, kkk <:-P

I'm so glad uri JG choose 2 weeks, love it so much!! Unlike some thought, this drama is neither similar to MoH nor the cat-mouse chasing and running, I'm happy about that. It feels just like riding a roller coaster, I've been waiting for a quite long time to watch such a very interesting fast-pace drama of JG since Iljimae! 2W is really fast moving yet having so touching moments. :x

Like @Merry said, I also feel the same. My JG fan friends from twitter & fb including me satisfies 2W more than last year's AATM. I'm upset with the ratings but it seems tv viewers in korea sometimes don't know how to appreciate great quality projects filled with the tight script, breathtaking directing and the more hard working attitudes than lovey-dovey plots.

Like the tight writing of 2W too, there's no scene to bore or feel like wasting the time. The same goes for chitchat scenes; if TS is not talking anything to IH, IH won't understand him and will continue to hate him for what he did 8 yrs ago. So TS won't get that much help from such a bright girl. All main characters are rivaling with their own good steps, and of course, JTS should be the smartest among the good guys cos this is his story. Uri JG wants to be that kind of characters of him for his projects too :D

I'm still busy studying for exsms so can't join on 2W soompi thread, feel sorry for that. [-( So just sharing my opinion here.....

Wishing the best for 2W the happy ending, and JG winning many awards with 2W on MBC year-end award ceremony and also other award ceremonies like Baeksang, SIDA, etc. :)>-

Merry

wrote:

»

@theone4me

@lotus

These are what you think about 2W? But it's ok, we've just different opinions. For me, JG made a very right decision this time for his fans and his career cos he gets most of his fans with his acting talents, fast-paced and exciting male-centered plots more than his looks. Love the way his projects doing great without the help of romance or actresses. I think he also prefers to choose such plots that he can show his excellent acting skills distinctively.

Also, I'm tired with rom-com KDs, don't like their executions of the new ones, in MS too, can't get the fun feeling when watching it.

Watching 2W is not frustrating either, we know JTS will survive till the D-Day but it's not predictable how all good and bad guys will be wrapped up for the ending. We are watching this drama for how TS struggles in 2W, not for if he survives or not within 2 wks. As the drama progresses more and more, it's much satisfied seeing all characters are developing well, esp. JTS, now becoming an intelligent planner. No one is overacting, actresses also fit well with their characters, not boring. Love IH and soojin's characters too, both are bright and smart girls.

Since JTS is the main hero for this drama, he (an ordinary citizen) must have to be better than the prosecutors and cops. If not, viewers won't love him and will only consider him as an idiot running fugitive, right?

;)

In the case of security, maybe you missed the fact that JTS is known to be dead by the public and the government. So he doesn't need to afraid the security of the hospital, he only needs to take care of the bad guys. That's why he went back to IH for SJ's hair clip. The writer has penned well her layers of writing till ep.14 so we should wait patiently how TS would do the surgery.

Actually, 2W is a perfect k-drama of all time in terms of acting, writing and filming. Love it more than A

:)>-

For second places, A

:)

Because I'm so in love with the JG's characters

As we all are JG fans, I want to encourage you. This year, I think we still have chances to hope our JG winning Best Actor Awards bcos MBC doesn't have many dramas with high ratings this year yet to share their awards. Wish 2 Weeks "the happy ending

:-bd

Thank you for your post. This is what i think and you said it very well. Let's see what's going on in last 2 episode.

Don't know what's the rating of other MBC dramas, but i am sure Joon Gi will get awards. let's say it again aawardS this year :)>-Because Jang Tae San is great character played by very talented actor. In addition, other cast is also very great. In beginning i really didn't like So In Hye but later i see her with other eyes. She is good actress and love her even more for the way he help to Tae San. I can understand why he fall in love with her. She is strong woman. Not just crying weak woman who wait for her oppa to save her. i know most of the ppl say she overacting, but i really don't think so. I love Jang Tae San and Parkgom as a team. It's pleasure to watch them together - two actors with great acting skills.I'll not tell how cute is Soo Jin...

Tae San has big development from first ep until now... Love this drama!

Maybe really JG fans are not into rom-com dramas. You know. Fans are like the star. We found in his dramas what we are searching for.

Once again Lee Joon Gi show us what he can do on screen. Can't be more happy he choose this drama.

Brw, How can he is SOOOO handsome in this drama? Sometimes really can't concentrate on the plot because i am watching him. So manly and handsome.

I haven't watch other mbc dramas this yr, just searched the ratings of them for our beloved actor cos we all know k-drama awards are sometimes not fair, judge them mostly upon ratings. But this time I'm quite sure like you that our JG would definitely win them :)

With genre JG chooses, I understand some new fans (not all) that become his through A&M may want to watch him in new ones with great chemistry, etc. For most fans, we can exactly get his more amazing talents from these fast-paced male-centered plots he too likes :x

Hmm, JG's handsomeness?? Me too! Can't get enough!! Kkkk. I'm so happy he impresses me over the top with 2W again. Can't wait the finale! Miss him already to see him in a new project :P

Our actor finished Two weeks smoothly^^ Congrats to him :)
Still not see the end, but i am sure i'll not going to be disappointed. Definitely, i'll miss his emotion on the screen, but will wait for the next one great drama.
He may be is a greed actor, but we are more greedy fans who eagerly wait for each his project.
I love his fast-paced male-centered dramas, who cares there is no too much romance? Here, in TW, father-daughter relationship was more, more, more than any romance couple. Just... i wanted Tae San and In Hye hug each other in ep 15, but anyway.
o0640048012696555960.jpg
9afc0843jw1e8zt1dw82tj20e60j03zu.jpgbveb8mfcaaa2tcj.jpg

Sooooo what's his next project? HAHAHAHAHA joke!!!! He needs to rest - but please don't take too long to decide on your next project.  I haven't watched the last episode fully yet but I already miss his acting.   Such interesting characters he love portraying.  I'm looking forward to the next one.  FIGHTING LJK!!!!!!! Thank you for your hard work.  

[Ratings: Thurs, 09.26.13]

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dramas

1. SBS Master’s Sun 18.4 →19.1

2. MBC Two Weeks 9.4 →11.0

3. KBS Secret 5.3 →5.7

Variety

1. KBS Happy Together 7.8

2. MBC Cultwo Veranda Show 5.0

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research

Photo Credit: SBS / enewsworld