[movie 2006] Heart Is.... / Hearty Paws / 마음이....

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest s k y .

This movie was so sad. I was literally crying throughout half the movie. I normal don't like dramas or movies that make me cry, but this really moved me. I'm going to punch that dog-abuser in the face.

• 1 year later...

037219m104.jpg

Oh my gosh! We had this movie on tv last night and I had never cried so hard watching the movie throughout, it is just soooooooooo sad and sooooooooo good! :tears: Had the movie downloaded long ago but thinking that it's a feel-good, cute movie.. I kept it aside.. just sitting in the folder. Then it's on tv last night, which I actually prefer watching it that way. Although it's weird why ntv7 (in Malaysia) would air the movie at 12am instead of an afternoon show for the whole family. Even if it's the school holidays and a weekend, it's just too late for kids to stay up and watch.. it ended about half-past 2am. But then.. the movie is too much a tearjerker.. hahaa.. I'm such a softie. :blush:

Caution: Be careful those who hasn't seen the movie.. there're some major spoilers posted at page 1.

Little boy brat from The Way Home is all grown up in this movie. With such a chubby cute little sister he had to take care of. The older actors were somewhat awkward in the scenes but the performance by the child actors and Dari as MAEUM is just excellent! The dog is just so good, it really acted so well. You'll be sobbing seeing what it had to go through. I was practically bawling with Chan-i at the ending when he hugged and hugged the lifeless Maeum.. the dog-actor is playing the role so well.

My.. my.. there should be a Best Dog-Actor award.. uhh.. Best Dog-Actress award or something.. :blush:

MAEUM, MAEUM.. my STAR! :wub:

LOL! Playing the male Maeum is actually a SHE. :lol: She's really good and so adorable in the movie. As Chan-i would tell Maeum.. he's also So-i's oppa. *bittersweet*

Definitely a TOP STAR! :wub:

OCTOBER 19, 2006 03:04

TOP DOG

News audio-clips: download1 download2

2006101999928.jpg

“Maumy,” set to open in theaters on October 26, is a movie about a deep friendship between a dog named Maumy and a brother (Yoo Seung-ho) and sister (Kim Hyang-ki). Not surprisingly, one of the main characters is a four-year-old female Labrador Retriever named “Dari,” the first “acting dog” in Chungmuro. Labrador Retrievers are known for gentle and faithful natures and used as guide dogs for the blind or as drug sniffing dogs.

In the movie, Dari shows a variety of face expressions and excellent acting. The movie studio was enthusiastic about making Dari a star in the news conference.

Dari won several dog training contests and Dari’s owner Kim Jong-gwon brought Dari to the audition when he happened to find the news about making a movie with a dog as a main character.

The secret to Dari’s acting is its voracity. In the scene Maumy runs after a train on which Chani (the brother character) is, Kim was on the train with a fried chicken leg. Other scenes were also shot with the help of sausages and squid ice cream.

In the scene Dari covers with newspaper Chani who is sleeping on the streets as a homeless, Kim had to divide the move and train Dari for each part: bringing newspaper, crouching, and lowering its head.

The care for Dari, a “lead actress,” was the top grade. On a break, Dari rested in a Starex van with a carpet and curtained windows. It cost 5 million won to remodel the van. After a day with lots of shootings, Dari was allowed to rest the next day. Dari’s son Jjangi played the part of Dari in the scene of fighting with a Shepherd. An imitation was used for the scene Dari is bitten by the Shepherd.

Dari is a fine dog worth 100 million won. Kim received 50 million won for Dari’s acting in the movie. It may seem too much. But a consideration was given to the fact that Kim had to give up on his job as a business manager and concentrate on the movie.

Source: The DongA-Ilbo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest V-ni@star

this movie is kind of sad..

he lost his parent, then his aunt left him.

after that his sister dead..

but it is worthy to watch.. cos u can learn from this movie

Archived