❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

NileRose

KCON Panel Talks About Women In Dramas
BY Julie Jones | Aug 10, 2014

K-drama's women characters range from crazy mother-in-laws to conniving second leads to hardworking heroines, At KCON, a group of women who write about k-dramas discussed the roles of women in dramas. They discussed why women identify with female characters in dramas and what they would like to see change in women's roles to reflect changing realities.

Panel moderators included Tanya Rodriguez of Hallyu U Know, Chunkeemonkeeato, Koala, Stephanie Kurze of Crazy for Kdrama, Coco and Viki of Kdrama Fighting. The panelists agreed that the reasons we like k-drama heroines is because they are so easy to relate to, that k-drama writers give their characters so many relatable qualities. And as most female k-drama characters start out with some kind of disadvantage, everyone can relate to the story of an underdog who triumps over adversity.

While not all k-drama women characters are perfect, there certainly are a lot of them.
"One thing k-dramas do well is that they have a lot of stories that are centered on women and even the stories that are not have a lot of fmelae characters," said Viki of kdramafighting.
But the panel agreed that they don't care for all of the k-drama female stereotypes. They don't like the fact that the second female lead is often so competitive and nasty. Or that the woman in k-dramas rarely have strong female friendships

This might change, they said, as k-drama plots do reflect trends.
"In 2012 many dramas were about time travel," said Koala. "In 2013 many of them were about divorce."

And lately there definitely seem to be more independent female characters."
The panel wanted to see more strong women characters in k-dramas. They wanted to see more complicated characters. For example, Jun Ji Hyun in "You Who Came From the Stars" was a quirky interesting character. They also wanted to see more women characters with friends and more women with real jobs.They pointed out that the "I Need Romance" series was good at both portraying women with jobs and female friendships.

"And female characters with just one job," said Chunkeemonkeeato, talking about the hardworking Candy girl character with a multitude of par time work. "Not five jobs."
Even more female villains would be appreciated. Not just female characters that are antagonistic but really evil ones like the politician in "Two Weeks."

And they would like to see their favorite actresses take more risks with their roles. For example, the panelists thought Gong Hyo Jin might want to take on a stronger more competent character.
"I'd really like to see Park Shin Hye in an action drama," said Stephanie Kurze. "She would be good in a role like that."
credit: park-shin-hye.com
"I'd really like to see Park Shin Hye in an action drama"... i am too.))) :xIt is best not in Korea... in another country (America, France ...) ;)

Guest eppas05

Thank you all my chingus here for all the LOVE and SUPPORT to uri ShinHye. I love all the pictures --ShinHye you are so so so beautiful, elegant, charming, gorgeous.... I can't imagine if I am there in her Fan Meetings. You are all awesome for contributing pictures and videos. Love you.... God bless;)

Guest rackyvirgo

Love all the outfits of uri Shinhye in all her FM's. She's very beautiful, sexy, smart & classy in those different outfits...pretty lady!

@Cawa Rain  why you said Page 939 is special?? :D:P coz we cannot post photos?? hahahah
Hello everyone thanks for the updates and photos #Ssinzters!!!Love them all as i love our Princess ♥ ♥ Hart Hart ♥ ♥ Everyone :D 
I love this Photo she is so cute
10541058_494806723997426_296508108095764