❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

NileRose

Guest karrenstar

to gems, myarakech, michibangs and everyone above: you're welcome!

and oh, can anyone explain to me what's 'Avant Hye'?

thanks so much for replying.. :D :D :D

heyhey, the links are dead..I mean..check it out...

I think because they are incomplete lniks

try going to the original threads where you quoted from and click open the links again and copy the link directly from the browser's bar :)

I think Avant Hye is a nickname that the other A.N.Jell members gave her. Here's the article that explains this:

Nicknames Renai-Jang, Avant-Hye, Hong-Star, Bolmae-Jung

Shin-hye: “There are nicknames we have for each other on set. Renai-Jang, Bolmae-Jung, Hong-Star, Avant-Hye…”

Geun-seok: “Shin-hye came up with Renai-jang, and I came up with Avant-Hye. Renai-jang comes from Renaissance Jang, because my ideal woman is a Renaissance type woman.”

HIGH CUT:: “Renaissance style? @.@”

Shin-hye: “Really feminine, very wifely and motherly. It’s like the style of women in the paintings drawn from the Renaissance to Rococo eras, when they wore dresses with small waists and large hips, and carried parasols.”

Hong-ki: “A woman in body and spirit, whose every feature is womanly.”

Geun-seok: “Shin-hye looks very boyish in the drama but in real life, she’s extremely feminine. At Chuseok time, the Mother Superior brought steamed chestnuts. Everyone was eating them by just biting into them, but Shin-hye had found a knife somewhere and was peeling them for us. It was such a feminine thing. Saying ‘You’re so Renaissance-like’ might make her feel nervous, so I called her ‘Avant-Garde Shin-hye’ instead, which is one step away from that, or ‘Avant-Hye.’”

Shin-hye: “‘Bolmae-Jung’ means ‘Yong-hwa Who Is Attractive Just As He Is’ [그대로 볼수록 매력적인 용화]. He is incredibly talented in songwriting and music, and he wrote the rap on the OST song ‘Promise’ himself. ‘Hong-Star’ is because he shines on his own. When I asked, ‘Hong-ki, what should we call you?’ he said, ‘Hong-Star!’”

Hong-ki: “I’ve been Hong-Star star since I was younger. It means I’d become a star, keke. That’s why Geun-seok hyung likes me a lot. Keke.”

source: High Cut magazine

credit for translation: Dramabeans

Guest didienazrin

to gems, myarakech, michibangs and everyone above: you're welcome!

heyhey, the links are dead..I mean..check it out...

I think because they are incomplete lniks

try going to the original threads where you quoted from and click open the links again and copy the link directly from the browser's bar :)

i tried going there too.. it seems the uploader has already deleted.. too bad..

anyway, JGS give her the nickname Avantgarde SHin Hye.. or Avant Hye.. because even though she plays girl-turn-boy character, she is very feminine outside the character..

even though avant garde in english term usually refers to innovative or post boundaries character, Avant Hye that he defines her here refers to the women post Renaissance era who were very feminine and motherly. I quote directly from dramabeans here:

Geun-seok: “Shin-hye looks very boyish in the drama but in real life, she’s extremely feminine. At Chuseok time, the Mother Superior brought steamed chestnuts. Everyone was eating them by just biting into them, but Shin-hye had found a knife somewhere and was peeling them for us. It was such a feminine thing. Saying ‘You’re so Renaissance-like’ might make her feel nervous, so I called her ‘Avant-Garde Shin-hye’ instead, which is one step away from that, or ‘Avant-Hye.’”

Dramabeans : Interview with sleep-deprived but happy YAB casts

i always wonder why he said that ' Saying ‘You’re so Renaissance-like’ might make her feel nervous'..

Guest ngan65ng

it's a fancam video of A.N.Jell rehearsing for SBS Drama Awards

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=anjel...;page=1&bbs

if you can't watch it, go to this link:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQyOTQzMTQ0.html

I found out that it's when they were practicing,right??Cause the feather scarf JGS wore was on his right shoulder(while watching on TV you'll see it was on left shoulder),and both JYH and LHK were in black,hadnt changed their clothes at all.And finally,many pins on JGS'hair!! :))

Guest yozoranomukou

omg karrenstar i luv you!!!!!! thank you, thank you sooooo much for da translations!!!!! <333 :)

i luv her message to her manager, it just makes me want to cry TT.TT. she's such a sweet girl and she's always so caring about everyone. and she's always so grateful to everyone around her. she never fails to touch my heart with her heartfelt messages.

oh, i've noticed it before but she writes really well. I mean when you read the translations you can feel her true feelings. and I luv it whenever she uses metaphors and figurative languages in her cy messages. how perfect can she be??? I mean she's wonderful at everything! :) she really is a great role model for everyone. i'll continue to support you til da end shin-hye unni!!!!! hwaiting!!!! <3333

Guest gonnabeme

I found out that it's when they were practicing,right??Cause the feather scarf JGS wore was on his right shoulder(while watching on TV you'll see it was on left shoulder),and both JYH and LHK were in black,hadnt changed their clothes at all.And finally,many pins on JGS'hair!! :))

few captures from d vid:

yabsbsperfPicture%203.jpg

yabsbsperfPicture%204.jpg

yabsbsperfPicture%2012.jpg

yabsbsperfPicture%2013.jpg

yabsbsperfPicture%2014.jpg

yabsbsperfPicture%2016.jpg

some pic r blur.. but we still can see jgs figure... there. those who can't view d vid... jgs + psh actly sang d saranghae part by looking at each other during d rehearsal. :)

kay gd nite.. :D

all that i can say that i first watched yab because of psh as i have watch her previous dramas tree of heaven and loved her from there and i think she is a talented actress and not fake that is why i love her. actually she is one of the few actresses that i like other than ksa n yeh n ella. as they all can act very well and impressed me greatly, so i have no doubt that she can be recognized by all in near future. i am very sad that she is not getting what she deserved like jgs who got popularity and recognity. i dont understand why she is not getting recognity as she did an excellent job in yab which i think is as good as jgs but why ppl only see jgs did a great job? even i myself also forget about her after yab i was too impressed by jgs that i only focus on him n his relationship with her and not really into her. only now realized that maybe ppl are too focus on jgs n forget about her. she also did very great but why many ppl neglect her?????

to me the 1st reason that i watch yab is psh but the reason why i get addicted is jgs. maybe gominam character is very sinple nd heart warming but not significant enough to outstand htk.

as in every drama there is surely a central character for all the other characters to go along. Actually in yab it should be go mi nam who is the central character but i dont know why htk has overtaken the central character to me la. as in coffee prince yeh is the central character so the story goes along with her so i dont know why it seem like jgs overtaken the central attraction.

but i believe that she will be the central attraction in her future projects.. and i think she already is to many ppl's eyes a very talented actress. cant wait to see her next projects i somehw wish to see her to have a much significant role like kim sam soon a very strong character

Guest mndymah

Thank you karenstar so much for the super long translation of Shin Hye's blog! I really had a good time reading it.

I don't what to say about Shin Hye's blog entry...you guys have basically said it all. I felt teary-eyed when she talked about her parents, but for the most part, I felt very optimistic for her future.

As for her saying that she is not recognized and she hopes to be accepted by more people, I do think she is referrring to her undeserving award at SBS but she is mature enough to get over it and even console her manager. Also, I think no one artist will be accepted by everyone, even the greatest ones. She shouldn't have to expect to please everyone!

I love the part most whre she said this is the start of her recognition by people who know her, who have seen her, and who have yet to know her. It saddens me that it took 6 years for her to reach this stage while it takes others just a few years, but to me, if she hadn't done what she had done for the last 6 years, she wouldn't be the current Shin Hye. I think also that the biggest factor for her not being accepted is her age. It seems that everytime Shin Hye is in a drama, age is such a big deal. Is she old enough for this role? Is she mature enough for this role? Blah blah. Even for YAB, people still questioned as to whether she could portray Go Min Nam with her age, and of course she showed them! She pulled it off so well that everyone just loved her!

I am glad that everyone around her supports her and works just as hard as she does. Shin Hye is just the greatest!

On a side note, I hope that Shin Hye appears on Champagne. :)

Thanks again to everyone for the postings. I am waiting for this thread to jump to 200! :)

Guest 13sunshine

the part when she talked about her family is so touching. Those words are so warm you can feel the love of her family for her.

and why does i giggle everytime the Renai Jang and Avant Hye topic brought up? those 2 nicknames are so connected to each other lol <3

here are pictures at the A.N.JELL table...

Shin Hye was talking with the kid : D

i can't post pictures here since it said "cannot redistribute" on the pics

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=anjel...page=4&bbs=

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=anjel...page=4&bbs=

Guest jessiep

I have to say that PSH's blog touched my heart (her writing is really great). This girl is optimistic, matured, and fully filled with family's and friends' love.

I was disappointed that she wasn't in the top 10 star award because she completely deserved it. She has mentioned in the past that she didn't realize being in entertainment industry is a lot more complicating (politically) than just having a passion/love for acting.

I hope that 2010 will a greater year for our lovely PSH.

Guest gonnabeme

13sunshine... so cute seeing SH with d lil boy... i'm kinda so eager to wait for more fancam collection of d nite.. esp d offscreen congratulatory moment between SH & GS.. i'm kinda sure flower n other fans does hv it as well?

n i hv no doubt dat i'm so eager too when i saw/read/heard Avant Hye & Renai Jang name interconnected to each other *sigh*

Guest yozoranomukou

can someone tell me how old park shin hye is in western age? bcos i just learned about da whole korean age thing and i don't really get it.

Guest candyapple1111

isn't she 19 or 20. What does her age have to do with her character Go mi nam. She looks and acts more like a 16yrold. Their should not be a problem with her playing that character.

I think she'll have more opportunities in the future.

^

^ She's 19, turning 20 on Feb 18, 2010.

I find it interesting that she's 19 right now but since New Year has passed, she's considered 21 in Korea.

What are the age customs in Korea? Age required to drive, drink alcohol, vote, considered a legal adult? And do they go by western age for these requirements or Korean age?

Guest yozoranomukou

^

^ She's 19, turning 20 on Feb 18, 2010.

I find it interesting that she's 19 right now but since New Year has passed, she's considered 21 in Korea.

What are the age customs in Korea? Age required to drive, drink alcohol, vote, considered a legal adult? And do they go by western age for these requirements or Korean age?

so she's considered 20 right now in korea?

Guest mndymah

I think the Korean age traditions is like the Chinese age traditions which means you are 1 year older than the Western calendar. I remember in the Samsung Yepp event in September 2009 that Jang Geun Seuk said he was 23 but with the Western calendar, he should be 22. Same thing for Hong Ki. He went on Champagne in August 2009 as a guest and they asked him how old he was and he said he was 20 when according to the Western calenday he is only 19. Therefore, Shin Hye is 19 according to Western calendar and 20 according to Korean calendar in 2009.

Guest ore0_gal

I'm pretty in korea, when your born - you are classified as 1 years old.

so korean age is always 1 year older than the western age.

I think PSH is considered 21 in Korea because New Years has passed. So even though it hasn't been her birthday yet, she is considered 21.

Here's the wikipedia entry that describes the Korean age reckoning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_age_reckoning#Korean

The example they gave: Because the first year comes at birth and the second on New Year's Day, a child born, for example, on December 29 will reach two years of age on January 1, when they are only three days old in western reckoning.

Guest 13sunshine

can someone tell me how old park shin hye is in western age? bcos i just learned about da whole korean age thing and i don't really get it.

Shin Hye western age should be 19 (but she will be 20 soon)

and in Korean age, she should be 21

i heard some ppl are two years older than their real age. how come it's like dat?

because that person must be born before Lunar New Year.....

Let's take my mom for ex *sorry i don't have a better ex lol*

She was born in Jan 16 1969, and for her birth year, that day was before Lunar New Year occur

So she is considered as a 1968er not 1969er because she was born before Lunar New Year

Her western age should be 41 this year, but other age should be 43

even though Shin Hye was born in Feb, but because Lunar New Year date for 1990 is Jan 26, so she still consider a 1990er because she was born after Lunar New Year......okay i hope it make sense ^^

Whenever the lunar new year is passed, you will consider 1 year older.