❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

NileRose

Guest 13sunshine

EDIT: Oh Gods, Thanks for the translation of her manager cy. So SHE WAS REALLY SAD, and she did work so hard and she did so well, why? why ? why SBS?

I can't stand it. Why do they keep mistreat her? I am so mad!!!!

Can anyone see if the DC say anything about it as well as netizen reaction on it ( since YB is well-loved)

Is there other awards beside this drama award? I want her to receive a better one.

** going off crying **

The people over at the dc gall are pretty mad too, since last night!, they keep saying why New Star?

they got even sadder reading her manager's cy diary....so they're crying with her as well

you can see here : http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=anjel...page=2&bbs=

so fans are really supportive! which i'm glad and hope Shin Hye will be able to read, or know it!

Shin Hye fighting!!!!! and get well soon!

i will be back posting some capture of her while her speech

Awww! Her manager's message is so heartfelt and shows how much he cares. He knows better than anyone how hard our Shin Hye worked all these years.

I'm gonna take a step back and just breathe. All I can do is cheer PSH on and support her future endeavors. There's no doubt this girl is going places!

Everyone cheer up! 2010 is a new year with new beginnings.

Hi everyone!

I'm a long time fan of PSH, since STH. And i've been a silent yb fan.. HEHEHE ._.

As much as I think she got ripped off... Getting the newcomer award is not too bad... I mean I know she's not a newcomer, but if you think about it... Jang geun suk last year ALSO got a new actor award for beethoven virus.. and he was in the industry even longer than 6 years...

I don't understand korean so i have NO idea what she said during her speech. Maybe they should rename "new comer" to something else if they're not going to give it to COMPLETE newcomers... maybe something along the lines of "breakout performance/actor/actress"?

T_T our couple didn't win.... SERIOSUSLY... </3

and DAMN whats with jgs ignoring her?!?!

She's probably the only girl I will accept as jgs's girlfriend... ehhehehe.

-------edit

But I don't even know if I want them to date anymore... Because if they break up.. who knows how it's going to affect their relationship? I'd rather them stick together as friends than nothing at all... and besides.. nothing says friends can't flirt with each other... kekekeke

oh btw, JGS is close to a lot of SM-ers... ._.

why can't he be a loner, so then he'll always have a "legit" reason to bug our minamiee... "i'm bored play with mee~~"

Guest karrenstar

I really want to cry after reading her manager's CY

its so heartbreaking.

Now thinking back, I believe that Shin Hye was trying her very best to suppress her feelings on stage yesterday

She was blinking back tears really hard.

It's so unfair. She has worked so hard, so hard.

Just because she is young doesn't mean she is 'new' to the biz.

All these years starring in dramas taking up different roles,

everytime is a big challenge for her since every role differs so widely from another

Yet the ending..

I don't know if SBS is trying to keep its reputation by giving most of the awards to the older stars or what[as the hit drama <IRIS> didn't get much recognition yesterday either)

But it's certainly biased

They let Shin Hye be their MC for different shows[such as the music one and MELON]

Which means that Shin Hye's popularity is recognized by the public

But they, the company, fails to acknowledge that fact

Don't they feel ashamed

When A.N.JELL's fans cheered the loudest yesterday

Don't they feel ashamed?

And it is the worst awards show I've watched, because it does not only mark the end of 2009, it also marks the end of A.N.JELL.

Guest ruby_red19

Hi everyone!

I'm a long time fan of PSH, since STH. And i've been a silent yb fan.. HEHEHE ._.

As much as I think she got ripped off... Getting the newcomer award is not too bad... I mean I know she's not a newcomer, but if you think about it... Jang geun suk last year ALSO got a new actor award for beethoven virus.. and he was in the industry even longer than 6 years...

I don't understand korean so i have NO idea what she said during her speech. Maybe they should rename "new comer" to something else if they're not going to give it to COMPLETE newcomers... maybe something along the lines of "breakout performance/actor/actress"?

T_T our couple didn't win.... SERIOSUSLY... </3

and DAMN whats with jgs ignoring her?!?!

She's probably the only girl I will accept as jgs's girlfriend... ehhehehe.

I've been trying to justify it this way to make myself feel better. The award was technically called "New Star" and not "New Comer" A new comer is when you've just come into the industry like just debuted, but a new star is you're the face to look out for in the coming years. Like how Hollywood have the "It girls/stars" every year or so, where they've been around acting, but it's due to a recent break out role that shoots them up to even more recognition and popularity. It's a step up from being a new comer. With the exception of Jung Yong Hwa, I think the rest of the winners of that award have been around doing acting before no?

Oh and you guys are right about the weirdness with JGS, it was like he was purposely avoiding her. Other than the parts where he had to "do his job" and interviewed and put on a show during the performance, he didn't even make a little eye contact in congratulations or anything to SH, especially after being so happy with HK and YW. It was really strange.

Guest 13sunshine

I hope Mama Jang saw everything and will give him a lesson back home for mistreat her precious daughter-in-laws like that! : P

some captures

HK's speech

2ur2hcw.jpg

YH's speech

fd4z8k.jpg

the lady after her's

wgrrtc.jpg

the last lady *SH can barely hold on! since that lady was crying too*

2zsvew7.jpg

Shin Hye's speech...

105bf9g.jpg

^ does anyone notice, right before she said thanks to A.N.JELL, she looked over at the MCs' side...

What can we say. This is a network TV award... acting is not the only thing in their mind when they picked the winner. Ratings always played a big part. It's really too bad YB was aired at the unfortunate time, when the target audience was having their exams and the competitor is the big-budget Iris. As it is, I believe YB cast still got their awards because SBS somehow was surprised they can hold their ratings steady when faced with Iris and decided to "award" them for it.

Just like javabeans said in her blog: "All of these awards ceremonies are essentially year-end parties where the broadcasters pat their big successes on the back." <_<

I don't like speculation... :P we don't know what actually happened with them, or if anything even happened at all. Maybe he was being a professional host, and treated PSH just like he treated the other female winners. Maybe it would be awkward to congratulate her when he knew she deserved something more than new star award. But whatever it is, speculation sometimes leads to the wrong conclusion. I would rather leave it to them to work it out themselves, whatever it is.

I'm so glad they worked together and gave us A.N.Jell and YB... and I'm so looking forward to their next projects; together or otherwise...

happy new year, everyone... :D

Guest 13sunshine

Guys!!!!!! Shin Hye is online right now!!! xDDDDD *spazzzzz*

she's updating her cyworld!!! I'm so glad she is back!!

here are pictures...

Melon

vrf2pf.jpg

Gayo Daejun

nd5udj.jpg

2z5ls7q.jpg

just now she added a new folder...and as expected...Hongki's picture :lol:

i think the folder is named "Boy/Girl exploring life" hahahah

rh4eqd.jpg

Guest xpressgirl

i think everyones reading too much into it (i hope...). i mean JKS didnt hand her the new star award cuz him and the other MC were switching off giving the awards...and so when it was PSH turn, it was supposed to be the other MC. also PSH must have been really tired, having to work three days in a row, and didnt she say in her CYworld diary that she was dehyrdrated and needed 1000ml of water or sumthin like that. i mean she LOOKED tired.....poor her. i hope she feels better and get some amazing roles in future dramas/movies with some OTHER hott really good actors! she needs a role where she isnt overshadowed by the actor and i hope thats what she gets!!!! love her always! btw she looked gorgeous all three days!! :)

Gosh, 13sunshine, thank you SO much for posting the pics!!! For the sake of our sanity, please keep updating, hon B) Shin Hye looks really hot with extension. The second row pic from Gayo Daejun, was that a..star on her mouth :lol::lol:

Guest xpressgirl

one more thing:

In no chronological order:

1. Suddenly singing 'Will you marry me'? ... why? (imagine manager Ma's tone when he found out about TK-MN relationship and almost fell off the stairs).. do you feel something is missing when you saw that girl wearing a beautiful wedding dress getting proposed by the ballad prince?

(It's just for the show, honey.. don't take it seriously.. aiii cinca!)

when did this happen?? could you point it out in the video if you dont mind?

thanks in advance!

Guest almontel

13sunshine, thanks for the recent pics of PSH...did she by chance write anything that tells us her actual mood about the awards night that just ended?

i'm sure her manager wrote what was in her heart and the pics above don't lie...she was about ready to break down...and with that blog from her manager being disappointed, what else could it have been besides utter bitter disappointment???

ok, given, that JGS got the same New star award last year??? even though he's been on the business for 10 years? so new star means something else then?

i so look forward to what's next for PSH...i really hope she'd make it this year and we'd all be cheering for her the same time again for 2010....

someone mentioned about her mother in law spazzing out JGS for being mean to our PSH...i hope so too!!!

hongki looks so cute as usual...who's the cute girl next to him i wonder? any relation to SH?

Guest springblossoms

wow .... interesting deductions from everyone on their interaction or lack of.

they were in the country's most grand event watched 'live' on national television by all; local and worldwide fans, ex colleagues, peers and seniors in the same industry. formal behaviours were the norm. yes, they had to be on their best guard and going by how the atmosphere was, psh needed consolation. she looked for 'the one' but was 'brushed aside'/ignored. hhmmm....correct me if i am wrong. he was controlling himself, very hard, hence the uneasy awkward movements, from going to her or else .... we would have instant heartbreaking news! besides he would know of her disappointment considering how close they are and a 'congratulations' would certainly seem out of place. she just needed a hug, his hug !! :P:)

jgs' brief singing of 'will you marry me' after his disappointment at not being selected with psh for the best couple award and lost to lsg & hhj. do i see a jealous tk *coughjgscough* then? there was a split second view of lsg smiling & applauding him for doing that. B)

i have noticed in psh's 'thank you' speech, she mentioned 'anjell' right after looking at the mcs (jgs?) direction (at 2.45). she still acknowledged his support/guidance. :rolleyes::P

after interviewing lsg & hhj, he seemed to hurriedly skip and cross over (many) tables just to interview the YB cast. he might sense the time and wanted to be with them for the countdown? no? i do not know what were his questions but did he spend a little too much time with them then that the other 2 mcs had to interrupt him to go on stage to do the countdown with them?

i have also noticed that he scurriedly walked off the stage as soon as his mc part had ended. so he went to join his yb cast at their table. sharing someone's thoughts, they could have some off-camera interractions thenafter. they were seated infront of the stage and thereby were seen by a full audience right behind them. it was a split second shot of psh looking away and was only normal under such circumstances. just like some of their melon music award shots by fan that mistakenly showed them ignoring each other. :o

like most of us here, I wish & hope they keep their beautiful friendship, not necessarilly to end up a couple if they are not meant to be, but if they are .... **squeeeal** ! :wub::wub:

psh, you go, girl! we have faith in you. keep up your good work and continue to spoil us with your future projects. We are looking out for you! :D:wub:

hongki looks so cute as usual...who's the cute girl next to him i wonder? any relation to SH?

I think she might be in You're Beautiful...one of the orphanage students that showed JGS the star photos that PSH took.

13Sunshine: thanks for uploading these pictures! She's so cute!! Maybe she's feeling better now?

Guest yddelight

What can we say. This is a network TV award... acting is not the only thing in their mind when they picked the winner. Ratings always played a big part. It's really too bad YB was aired at the unfortunate time, when the target audience was having their exams and the competitor is the big-budget Iris. As it is, I believe YB cast still got their awards because SBS somehow was surprised they can hold their ratings steady when faced with Iris and decided to "award" them for it.

Just like javabeans said in her blog: "All of these awards ceremonies are essentially year-end parties where the broadcasters pat their big successes on the back." <_<

I don't like speculation... :P we don't know what actually happened with them, or if anything even happened at all. Maybe he was being a professional host, and treated PSH just like he treated the other female winners. Maybe it would be awkward to congratulate her when he knew she deserved something more than new star award. But whatever it is, speculation sometimes leads to the wrong conclusion. I would rather leave it to them to work it out themselves, whatever it is.

I'm so glad they worked together and gave us A.N.Jell and YB... and I'm so looking forward to their next projects; together

or otherwise...

happy new year, everyone... :D

Well said Shiro. PSH is still young and still has a long way to go. With the right projects with a much more A-list cast (probably a different set of leading men) that would test her mettle as an actress, who knows, she may get a Deasang before she turns 22. YAB definitely opened doors for her and people are noticing her gaining some popularity, which is a good thing since networks can now see her as somebody who can bring something worthwhile in a drama. Yet still, I want to see her well-rested and hopefully she can continue to do some charity work (she really impressed me with the Nepal project).

As with JGS, who knows what is actually going on. Let them resolve it themselves and give them space. If there is definitely smoke, then we can see fire and eventually, if they are meant to be MORE than friends, we will all know that eventually. Right?

I had teary eyes while reading some of our fangirling comments..

If I have to choose a word to describe my feeling towards yesterday (the most anticipated award show that I've been looking foward in 2009) it will be DEVASTATED!

I was flattered during the first 30minutes, specially when JKS announced the nominees for the best couple of YAB as 'dwaeji-tokki couple'. It was so cute and so sweet of him! Then, when I came back and continue with the remaining show.. I found out that they lost the best couple award, and I missed the live performance by ANJell (I love SH during the performance, particularly when she winked!)

TaeMi moment count:

Count #1: New comer award

- No hug to lovely SH? Wae?! Wae!!! Geunsuk-ah, a glance is not enough! Pls listen to your noonas and omma! Be a good boy in 2010 and pls treat SH more nicely in future (in other word, pls be more gentlemen towards her)

- It's sad to see her to be in line with the very new comer and the count of recipient is 10?! SBS seems want to give away the awards to all actors/actresses? Ok she's been in the industry for 6years and she's just 20.. but 10 recipient? How they classify or rate the new comers performance? Don't they have the average and great ranking? And shouldn't the award goes to those with GREAT ranking?!

SH, we know you deserve more than that. Please continue to work hard in future. Leave the past behind and look foward for the future projects!

Count #2: ANJell live performance

- The performance was less than 3 minutes?! With YAB phenomenon, why allocate 3 minutes performance for them?! I was dreaming they would do some madley from the OST.

- The saranghae part was 'empty' for me. I wish they're more passionate during that part. To put myself at ease, I had to convince myself.. probably, they're also worn out and frustrated (attending, MC-ing number of awards and not winning the Best couple awards)

Count #3: ANJell interview

- It was too short moment of Taemi. SH is a bit distant.. and they got cut for the interview for the 2010 countdown. At that particular instant I dont care about 2010.. I want more TaeMi moment!!!

If I count correctly, there were only 3 counts of Taemi?! And all the counts were disappointing. Thanks for the manager's update on the event. I really hope that SH will cheer up. Take 2010 as a challange!

Overall, I think I've becoming more bias towards SH rather than GS. I hope mama Jang would give a good lecture to GS. Lalalalalalala ^_^

Note: I need more HQ of SH. Pls keep on spazzing photos of her. TQ

Guest 13sunshine

13sunshine, thanks for the recent pics of PSH...did she by chance write anything that tells us her actual mood about the awards night that just ended?

I think she is feeling better now : )

and the little girl is Soojeong, she was 1 of the kid that got an award last night : ) *she's sooooo cute!!*

I think she appear on Starking before.

and this BEST COUPLE award will always belong to Taemi in our hearts : )

28sxcgm.jpg

^ i love that this pic was made by GS's fan xD

and their matching outfits <3

I've been trying to justify it this way to make myself feel better. The award was technically called "New Star" and not "New Comer" A new comer is when you've just come into the industry like just debuted, but a new star is you're the face to look out for in the coming years. Like how Hollywood have the "It girls/stars" every year or so, where they've been around acting, but it's due to a recent break out role that shoots them up to even more recognition and popularity. It's a step up from being a new comer. With the exception of Jung Yong Hwa, I think the rest of the winners of that award have been around doing acting before no?

i would define 'New Star' as someone leading a drama/playing a major role for the first time, including ppl who have been around for a few years (Lee Min Jung <Smile, You>, Kim Bum <Dream> etc.) or people who have no experience at all ((Lee Yong Woo <Style>, Son Dam Bi <Dream> etc.).

PSH is not a newcomer, and this is also not the first time she leads a drama (tree of heaven is also a SBS production in 2006, Kimcheed Radish Cubes(MBC) in 2007).

it is more appropriate to give her the more prestigious TOP 10 STARS AWARD which is won by 10 actors/actresses who are more highly recognized by SBS including JGS, Han Hyo Joo and Lee Seung Gi.

Hi everyone!

like i said just now, newcomer award is awarded to actors who are given a major role for the first time. so previous acting experiences as child actor don't count.JGS's role in BV (MBC Drama) is as important as Kim Myung Min's. the relationship between the 2 male leads is the focus of the entire drama. PSH was also nominated for a newcomer award in 2007 for the MBC acting awards but lost to Lee Ji Ah and Lee Ha Na.

source: http://hellohallyu.blogspot.com/2007/12/mbc-awards-2007.html

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183011

Newcomer

Actress

Go Eun Mi (Even So Love)

Park Shin Hye (Kimcheed Radish Cubes)

Lee Ji Ah (Legend)

Lee Ha Na (Me Ri, Dae Gu's Attack And Defense Battle)

I don't know if SBS is trying to keep its reputation by giving most of the awards to the older stars or what[as the hit drama <IRIS> didn't get much recognition yesterday either)

But it's certainly biased

Sorry to cut your post. IRIS is a KBS production and the main cast all won an important award last night at the KBS acting awards.

Guest mndymah

Hi guys

I'm back again. Finally, it is New Year's now for me and I spent it watching hte SBS Drama Awards Show.

Before reading this forum, I thought maybe Shin Hye was holding back tears of joy but after reading what her manager wrote, I can understand that they were tears of pain. I justify it this way. Be it new star or newcomer, technically this is the first award she received from SBS as an adult actress. Prior, she got an award for being a child actress. I can understand that it is insulting to her and her manager that she ONLY got this award with all the hard work and effort she puts in. However, I have a strong belief that her diligence will pay off in the near future. Life is never fair, and definitely, Shin Hye has been wronged in this case. For me, as long as she continues to persevere, she will reach her goal that she has set herself. We as fans can only support her and cheer for her diligence. Sometimes I wish I can just send her a message directly and tell her that she has done a wonderful job and that even though I am 6 years her senior, I love her to bits as an actress. I agree that SBS is biased towards older actresses. Fine. Fair enough. I am also glad that IRIS was not recognized as much either even though it was a high budget production. The only thing that has peeved me off is that they lost the best couple award.

As for the lack of interaction with JGS, well, like someone mentioned, I don't want to speculate and I think we are reading into it way too much. There seems to be a tendency for loved on-screen couples to act like that at awards ceremony. Take for example. If you guys remember Jae Hee and Han Chae Young from Delightful Girl Chun Hyang (another one of the Hong sisters' production), after the show finished airing, EVERYONE including me wanted them to be a real couple just like everyone does with GS and SH. At the awards, even though they were sitting at the same table, they had minimal interaction and now Han Chae Young is even married.

However, did you guys notice how comforting Yong Hwa was? He hi-fived Shin Hye on several occasions and patted her on the back after the speech. I think he knew she was disappointed. And I don't know if you guys noticed, but when they were announcing the nominees for best actress, I saw Yong Hwa cheering for Shin Hye. It was a very brief shot but I swear I saw it. So even if GS was not there to support her, he was and who knows, maybe he hugged her off-screen after the show. He did rush off stage!

Anyways, I think I've written an essay when combined with all my other posts. But cheers to PSH! Please don't give up sweetie!

Guest stoolker

park shin hye looks so beautiful at the awards! the red dress suited her so well along w/her hair and shoes looks young and pretty and classy. too bad for the outcome of the awards tho..and im sure jgs was just trying to avoid rumors, psh is scared to get antifans...anyone would be...they're so scary!.....showbiz is just too rough...i feel so sorry for her, but hope we can support her and that she does not lose faith and perseverance, so that we can see her awesome acting in future dramas and movies!!!