Lee Soo Hyuk 이수혁 [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Queen Woo"] [Upcoming Drama 2024 "S Line"]

partyon

snklgs said: Ok, so LSH posted a pic of what appears to be his Vampire character...so I guess he confirmed that he is going to appear on The Scholar Who Walks in the Night?
Plus points:1. It is on a major network.2. He gets to work with Lee Junki....OMG the hotness of that visual combination:) As Hoobae though, I think he will be ecstatic working with LJK:)3.  He can do his ultimate vampire role and prove that his acting has gotten better since Vampire Idol.4. Can't be denied, but LSH is vampiric:) Like, suck me now...pleazzeee.  OK, he has graduated from hammer oppa^^5.  He can potentially seduce more fans by being his ethereal smexy self
Minus points1. He said himself he wanted to be viewed as "human". But his last SBS interview sort of hinted that he is ok --coz he needs exposure.2. The gains of play "human" Kim Joon might be washed away and he is stuck again with stereotypical non-human roles:(3. Changmin4. He doesn't appear to be even second lead here:(5. The drama might bomb big time 

Anyway, I am LSH-deprived and NEED to see him soon:)

==============

Hi @snklgs, hello All,

heard that he's considering the drama (or is it confirm already?)
understand that there are too many vampire dramas. it's like doctor dramas.
but i dont know. does the story line interesting? i hope it's.

aside from that, Soo Hyuk really has a vampire charm imo. hehehe... i mean.... yap, sexy cool mysterious aura. he'll be one of the most handsome vampire!  ;;) plus with his current acting skill, women vieweres will be like.. "bite me..., bite me! turn me into vampire so i can be with you forever!"
lol

Guest ascsp

In my opinion LSH can be awesome in a lot of roles, he can portrait a vampire for sure, but... a vampire? A cold gorgeous statue? A cold character? An evil one maybe? C'mon! He can do something more than show fangs, sucks necks, change eyes color and growl being handsome. He is handsome, ok, we know it. And? Can he act? Can he express something more than gorgeousness? YES, HE CAN SO GIVE HIM A REAL ROLE!
But in dramas and movies often all is about external first impression. He appears as cold and handsome, so he will play a cold handsom and obviously bland vampire. The end.
I'm really disappointed. 

Guest snklgs

Ok, so it's official...he's the bad vamp. Uhhhhh... I wonder why.coz it took him so long to get a human role as Kim joon. Nevertheless, I hope he ' s gonna own his role and seduce tons.of.fans ..I have faith in

LS H , for sure he will have more screen presence than Changmin;)

Guest ascsp

UGH.
LSH... why why why? I want to see you again in a drama, it's true, but... I need a carpenter. Now.
I can't help it, I feel that this role for him will be a huge mistake. The label "bad, cold, heartless" will be written all over his face for years..

Guest piruka4

ascsp said: UGH.
LSH... why why why? I want to see you again in a drama, it's true, but... I need a carpenter. Now.
I can't help it, I feel that this role for him will be a huge mistake. The label "bad, cold, heartless" will be written all over his face for years..

Guest ascsp

Of course better the drama better the achievement for actresses's and actors's careers. But I had notice that in kdramas roles tend to repeat itself show after show. It's like after first succeful roles labels being attached over actors and actresses. She is "the cute", he is "the cold", she is "the femme fatale"... some of most famous and versatile actors can escape boredom of re-play the same role show after show, but some are sorted and trapped into stereotype. So they can't grow as actors. LSH has a huge potential, and he showed it very well with the carpenter role. In my opinion a vampire role now is a back footstep into the box labeled as "cold, evil, not human, strange, but pleasurable to view". I hope that someone in dramaland can overcome that label and offer him a better chance very soon.

Guest piruka4

To be honest I have only watch Lee Soo Hyuk in High School King so I don't know about his potential but I agree if he wants to grow as an actor he should try different roles. I guess he took up the role of a vampire because it was the best out of his other options...so lets see.Who knows? Maybe the drama is a hit and some director put his/her eyes on him and give him the opportunity to shine in a different role., 
It must be difficult to have that kind of face, so beautifully unique that they dont consider him as a human...hehh

Guest ascsp

The very strange fact is that after Valid Love the best role he could find is an evil vampire! Valid love was like a ride on the pain-go-round for many reasons, but in that drama LSH had a deep and all shaded role, his gorgeousness was aknowledged but not so basic or prominent, so in it his unique appearance wasn't a problem at all. Now it's an obstacle again? He had show very well that he can act independently his outward appearance, it's sad that casting directors can't aknowledge the fact.

I am not sure whether he has signed the dotted line yet. In the Korean portal sites, like Naver and Daum, on the drama page as well his page, his name has not yet been included under the drama. As of now only LJK, Lee Yu Bi, KSE and Changmin's names are only reflecting. Even Asianwiki and Hancinema have not included his name under the drama.
Maybe he posted the pic to get a general reaction on what his fans think about him playing a vampire again. You know like test the waters and see how deep it is.

Guest ascsp

If he will sign the contract it would be a shame, but maybe (maybe) things will get better in the future anyway. I mean, this role isn't the end of the world. Or at least, I hope so.

Wake up dramaland's casting directors!

For me, I hope he won't take the vampire role even though I miss seeing him on screen. These casting directors need to give him good roles cos he has shown SO much improvement in VL. My heart still hurts for Kim Joon. I don't want netizens to label him with one dimensional character. Although he can be non-human in bed...  :\"> =)) Aigoo, my brain can't think nobly with this man...kikiki 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest snklgs

Soompi is back:) Lots of good things happening to SooHyuk these days. Successful Shanghai fan meeting, etc. Updating on instagram is just :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm new here :)

But this thread seems to be quiet for quite some time :huh:

Hope you don't mind if I drop by from time to time and post about Lee Soo Hyuk?

I'm sharing a series of his IG post regarding his current drama Scholar Who Walks the Night :P

• Like 2