[Upcoming drama 2025] Pigpen, 돼지우리 -Jang Ki Yong, Cha Seung Won- Premieres in 2025

larus

Drama: Pigpen

Hangul:돼지우리

Genre:

Network:

Episodes:

Director: Kim Sang Man

Writer: Kim Kan-Bi (webcomic), Cheon Beom-Sik (webcomic),Kim Sang Man

Release Date:2025

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Pigpen will revolve around a man who has lost his memory and drifted to a deserted island. He then found himself together with a mysterious family that runs a pension on the island. After observing the mysterious family, he will try to escape from them before they kill him.

Notes

The drama based its story on the webtoon of the same name by Kim Carnby.

Cast

Jang Ki Yong as Jin-Woo

Cha Seung Won as pension owner

Park Hee Soon as Bae Jung-Ho

Roh Jeong Eui as Ro-Mi

Kim Dae Myung as Jin Tae-Hee

Character descriptions

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

by lo_ve, May 24, 2024
13 3

Cha Seung Won, Jang Ki Yong, Roh Jeong Eui, and Kim Dae Myung are in discussion to lead the upcoming webtoon-based K-drama titled Pigpen.

On May 24, media outlets reported that Cha Seung Won, Jang Ki Yong, Roh Jeong Eui, and Kim Dae Myung had been picked to lead the upcoming K-drama. 

The agencies of the actors responded to the casting reports. Cha Seung Won, Jang Ki Yong, Roh Jeong Eui, and Kim Dae Myung's representatives stated that they did receive the casting offer and currently reviewing the proposal. 

Pigpen will revolve around a man who has lost his memory and drifted to a deserted island. He then found himself together with a mysterious family that runs a pension on the island. After observing the mysterious family, he will try to escape from them before they kill him. The upcoming K-drama will base its story on the webtoon of the same name by Kim Carnby, the same author of the Sweet Home series. 

The upcoming K-drama will be the next work of director Kim Sang Man who also directed the upcoming movie Uprising

There is no confirmation yet on the filming and premiere date of the upcoming K-drama Pigpen. 

2wzzwd_2f.png

If Cha Seung Won decides to join the series, this will be his fourth upcoming K-drama. The actor was last seen in the 2022 hit K-drama Our Blues

Jang Ki Yong is currently starring in the K-drama The Atypical Family with Chun Woo Hee, Go Doo Shim, Kim Su Hyun, Park So Yi, and Oh Man Seok. Pigpen will possibly be his follow-up K-drama project. 

Before Roh Jeong Eui stars in Pigpen, the actress will first lead the soon-to-premiere Netflix youth mystery K-drama Hierarchy. She will also join the cast of the upcoming series Bunny and Her Boys and The Witch

Meanwhile, this will be the second K-drama offered to Kim Dae Myung just this month. He will also reportedly join the upcoming series The Art of Negotiation with Lee Je Hoon.

https://mydramalist.com/article/cha-seung-won-jang-ki-yong-and-more-will-reportedly-work-together-in-a-new-k-drama

20240524041856_pigpen-01.jpg?s=900x600&e

Cha Seung Won And Jang Ki Yong In Talks + Roh Jeong Eui And Kim Dae Myung Reportedly Starring In New Drama

May 24, 2024
by S Kim

Cha Seung Won, Jang Ki Yong, Roh Jeong Eui, and Kim Dae Myung may star in a new drama together!

On May 24, media outlets reported that Cha Seung Won and Jang Ki Yong will be starring in the new drama “Pigpen” (working title).

In response to the reports, Cha Seung Won and Jang Ki Yong’s agency YG Entertainment confirmed that both actors received offers to star in the drama “Pigpen” and are reviewing their offers.

Based on a webtoon by Kim Carnby, “Pigpen” is a thriller drama that unfolds as a man is shipwrecked on a deserted island and a mysterious family living in an unlikely old-fashioned mansion appears in front of him.

Roh Jeong Eui and Kim Dae Myung are also reportedly starring in the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1663758wpp/cha-seung-won-and-jang-ki-yong-in-talks-roh-jeong-eui-and-kim-dae-myung-reportedly-starring-in-new-drama

20240819030456_pigpen-1.jpg?s=900x600&e=Jang Ki Yong, Cha Seung Won, Park Hee Soon, Roh Jeong Eui, And Kim Dae Myung Confirmed For New Mystery Thriller "Pigpen"

Aug 19, 2024
by S Nam

Jang Ki Yong, Cha Seung Won, Park Hee Soon, Roh Jeong Eui, and Kim Dae Myung will be starring in a new drama together!

Based on a webtoon by “Sweet Home” writer Kim Carnby, “Pigpen” (working title) is a mystery thriller drama that unfolds as Jin Woo (Jang Ki Yong), who is shipwrecked on a deserted island, tries to recall his memories in order to survive from a mysterious family.

Jang Ki Yong will make a drastic transformation into Jin Woo, who loses his memories and steps foot on a strange island. In order to escape from the peculiar family, he reawakens his forgotten memories and faces a great secret. Jang Ki Yong remarked, “I enjoyed the project ‘Pigpen,’ and my character is so interesting. I started with heart-fluttering excitement and the belief that I will be able to make a great project with great senior actors and production team. I will do my best to complete a cool project.”

Cha Seung Won will play the role of the pension’s owner who follows the voice of God. As the owner of the only pension on a remote island, he will close in on Jin Woo with his extraordinary aura, raising questions about what secret he is hiding. Cha Seung Won remarked, “‘Pigpen’ is of a unique genre that I had yet to see before, so I was strongly drawn to that aspect. Since it’s a genre that I’ve always wanted to do at least once, I’m looking forward to what project will result.”

Park Hee Soon will take on the role of Bae Jung Ho, who tenaciously and desperately searches for traces of his missing son. The actor shared, “I’m very grateful to be able to participate in a series based on a popular webtoon. I will work hard to deliver new narratives and emotions, adding to the thrill and mystery the original project has. Please look forward to it.”

Roh Jeong Eui will transform into the pension’s mysterious eldest daughter Romi. She stays by Jin Woo’s side and tries to lure him into leaving the island. Previewing a powerful acting transformation, Roh Jeong Eui shared, “I’m happy and nervous to be able to make a good project with actors whom I like so much. I’ll work hard to prepare.”

Kim Dae Myung will play the pension’s suspicious employee Jin Tae Hee. Although he appears to be silently doing everything the owner tells him to, he endlessly drops hints on escape to Jin Woo. Kim Dae Myung shared, “I want to properly convey the new intense emotions I felt while preparing for the project after receiving the script. I will greet viewers with a very interesting project after preparing well with the director and actors, whom I respect, until the filming ends.”

“Pigpen” is gearing up to premiere in 2025. Stay tuned for updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682462wpp/jang-ki-yong-cha-seung-won-park-hee-soon-roh-jeong-eui-and-kim-dae-myung-confirmed-for-new-mystery-thriller-pigpen