[Drama 2024] Dare to Love Me, 함부로 대해줘

larus

KBS2's Dare to Love Me scored 1% for episodes 9 and 10. The K-drama commenced with 2.3% and its ratings dropped with each subsequent episode. Dare to Love Me will air for three more weeks. 

WP7j8m_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Dare to Love Me?

Episode 11 of Dare to Love Me will air on June 17 (Monday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix and Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/crash-rises-to-new-high-the-player-2-drops-to-lowest-ratings

Dare to Love Me: Episodes 9-10

by starrygazer

The romance is picking up pace and I am totally here for it. There’s a pinch of our mystery plot thickening. A dash of our second couple clashing with a little jealousy mixed in. And a whole dollop of our leading couple mooning at each other. The over-the-top humor and swoony moments this week are enough to distract anyone from a hard day.

EPISODES 9-10

Last week, we left our leading couple in a back hug. And in the aftermath of this, Hong-do does not know what to do with herself. She decides to go and see how the funeral is going, worried about Yoon-bok. (Yoon-bok had gone back to his mum’s funeral to support his sister.) Bumping into him outside upon his return, Yoon-bok apologizes for not contacting Hong-do and making her worry. Of course our heroine tells him not to worry and asks if she can do anything. He asks her to stay by his side, pleasantly surprising Hong-do and she agrees to do so.

On our hero’s new journey to live freely, he goes over to Hong-do’s place to ask Hong-hak for a job as his apprentice drawing webtoons. Yoon-bok hilariously copies everything Hong-hak is doing, just trying to find where he fits in the world. Hong-do has noticed the way he has changed and is daring to think to herself that she may be the reason why. At one point, she berates Hong-hak for stifling Yoon-bok’s exceptional creativity, haha. This leads to Yoon-bok following her out to give her his scarf because it’s a cold day. And Hong-do is nearly beside herself!

At the office, Hong-do is busy freaking out — she’s squealing about what has just happened, nuzzling into Yoon-bok’s scarf, and debating if he actually likes her or is she looking too deeply into his actions. Then she’s caught by a mocking FRANKIE, Camille’s right-hand man (Lee Myung-ho).

As for Yoon-bok, he’s waiting for Hong-do at the bus stop after she finishes work and pretends he was sent by Hong-hak to draw something. They then head home together and eat with Hong-hak. In Yoon-bok’s typical thoughtful manner he sees her cutting up fruit and asks for a plate… only to have to reach over her to help get it. They’re both so flustered being so close to each other — it’s so cute.

Dare-to-Love-Me-0910-3.jpg

Hong-do passes by a cafe offering readings on her way home the next day and decides to go in. Why not? She sits down and is shocked to see Hyang-ki in front of her. Hyang-ki explains how she was blacklisted after what happened with Hong-do’s design and she decided to put her other great talent to use: listening to people. Haha. She tells Hong-do how she and Do-young broke up. He told her that she was fake and Hong-do was the real deal. Wow! They have a nice bonding moment over how he said the exact same thing to Hong-do. Snake.

Hyang-ki apologizes to Hong-do about everything that happened and asks what’s bothering her. Hong-do explains all the sweet things Yoon-bok has done for her and why she is confused. Hyang-ki is absolutely adamant he must like her. But, as Hong-do arrives home, she overhears Hong-hak asking Yoon-bok directly if he likes his sister. Hong-do hides to eavesdrop, and her bubble is well and truly burst when she hears him say that the way he treats her is all out of respect. Hong-do retreats to her cocoon in her room and does everything in her power to avoid Yoon-bok. The next morning she goes to work early, and runs away from Yoon-bok when they bump into each other, telling him she is too busy to talk over text.

Up until this point we are not sure how this is going to play out. Imagine my delight when Yoon-bok decides to go to see Hong-do at work, because she’s working late. She is asleep, so he quietly sits next to her and remembers all their moments of close proximity and I think the penny finally drops for him. Yoon-bok realizes he likes Hong-do. *Fist pump!* They mirror each other sleeping on the desk and when they wake Hong-do tries to escape. Yoon-bok gently grasps her hand and tells her not to go. He stands up and tells her he likes her and slowly kisses her. Swoon!

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/dare-to-love-me-episodes-9-10/

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (June 15, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Dare to Love Me: Fish kiss and face squeeze were a bit much this week — even for me! — but I’ll take it in exchange for L’s dimpley smile. My favorite thing about this show is our hero’s criticisms of people’s manners. This was really prevalent the first few weeks but has slipped a bit. I wish they leaned into it more, because having L school people on rudeness is great fun. That said, there was a great scene of that this week, where he told a bad dude he had a rude mouth LOL.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-june-15-2024/

Here is the ratings for Episode 12! :).

20240619015316_crash-finale.jpeg?s=900x6

"Crash" Becomes 2nd Highest-Rated Drama in ENA History

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.4 percent, also enjoying a 0.4 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 1.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1668914wpp/crash-becomes-2nd-highest-rated-drama-in-ena-history

KBS2's Dare to Love Me achieved 1.4% for episode 12, slightly improving from 1% (episodes 9-11). Dare to Love Me will now enter its penultimate week of airing. 

1wlE0z_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Dare to Love Me?

Episode 13 of Dare to Love Me will air on June 24 (Monday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix and Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/ena-s-crime-thriller-crash-concludes-with-personal-record

Dare to Love Me: Episodes 11-12

by starrygazer

Dare-to-Love-Me-1112-1.jpg

Finally, things are starting to move along! Our leading couple are there for each other this week, taking steps in the right direction, while our older gen ex-lovers are getting over their hurt feelings and resentment towards each other. And our mystery subplot is starting to pick up pace – hooray.

EPISODES 11-12

Even with her head injury, our heroine has decided to go straight back to work. But overhearing Camille and Frankie talk about her and insist that she go home has left Hong-do feeling dejected. On her way home she runs into Yoon-bok and they head up to her apartment. Hong-do then overhears Yoon-bok telling Hong-hak he has to quit. He has something important he needs to focus on. This makes her feel ten times worse. Little does she know he wants to catch Gamjjok to protect her.

Deciding to head out, Hong-do finds herself at Hyang-ki’s coffee shop. Hyang-ki is throwing out a very sorry-looking plant that isn’t worth saving, which strikes a cord with Hong-do. She starts yelling about how the plant shouldn’t be abandoned. She scoops it up, vowing she will revive it, obviously seeing this plant as a metaphor for herself.

Hong-do has turned absolutely feral at this point. She has been spending her time watching videos on how to save the plant, and scaring Hong-hak with her appearance and lack of hygiene. To Hong-do’s horror, Yoon-bok stops by and witnesses her drinking two cans of beer through a straw in a comatose state on her bed next to this dying plant.

Yoon-bok takes her for a meal to cheer her up, saying protein will help her heal. (He’s as thoughtful as ever.) Hong-do starts crying, saying she couldn’t save the plant or the pop-up event, that she ruined Camille’s image, and she couldn’t even protect Yoon-bok’s dream. She’s even killing the mood now. Bless her. Yoon-bok, as always, knows exactly what to say. He tells Hong-do she saved him, and let him come out into the world and live when he had been discouraged for a long time. She is very capable of saving everything. Awww.

Things start to look up for Hong-do when Camille shows up at her door with champagne, celebrating getting the yes votes from the village. They can have their fashion show! Hong-do tells Camille she isn’t sure she can work on the fashion show since she destroyed Camille’s image and ruined everything. Camille takes the picture of herself off Hong-do’s inspiration board and tells her life is full of endless setbacks. It’s up to you if you stay down or get up fighting. She has until the day after tomorrow to get this picture back — or decide if she will stay defeated.

Our hero swoops in to support Hong-do, as she has decided to go back to work. He gives her a lift and the way he drives with her in the car is reminiscent of an overprotective parent, which I found comical. At work Camille loves Hong-do’s designs (after many failed attempts) and tells her to start making samples, hiring two assistants to help her. When Hong-do gets home she is thrilled because the plant is flourishing (which is made all the sweeter when you see Yoon-bok had swapped the plant out to make her feel better).

Hold onto your hats, folks! Things are going to start taking a bit of a dark turn from here. Hong-do is tasked with finding a caterer for the fashion show and she thinks Seongsan Hall would be a good fit. Hong-do goes over to Joon-oh’s house to ask if they will do it. While she is there he leaves her alone to take a call and Hong-do notices all of these designer clothes hanging up. This leads to her accidentally finding a secret door at the back of the closet which leads to Joon-ho’s lair, where he forges the artifacts. Luckily, our heroine escapes the room before she is discovered. But Joon-ho notices the secret door is ajar…

Following Hong-do out, he insists on driving her home. As he is trying to find out what Hong-do saw, she gets a call from Yoon-bok, who happened to pass their car and knows who she is with. This gives Hong-do the opportunity to get out with Joon-oh promising to see her very soon. (I think my skin is crawling.)

Yoon-bok is unwilling to leave Hong-do alone as Hong-hak isn’t home and Joon-ho could be a threat. So he asks if he can stay the night. Needless to say, Hong-do has no problem with this at all haha. But our leading couple is having trouble sleeping that night, and eventually end up falling asleep together on the sofa. The following morning when he returns, Hong-hak literally passes out when he sees them hahaha.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/dare-to-love-me-episodes-11-12/

Here is the ratings for Episode 13! :).

20240625015754_the-player-2-dare-to-love

"The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" Kicks Off 2nd Half On Ratings Boost + "Dare To Love Me" Remains Steady

The Monday-Tuesday dramas are maintaining stable ratings!

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.3 percent, maintaining a similar score from its previous episode’s rating of 1.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1670169wpp/the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-kicks-off-2nd-half-on-ratings-boost-dare-to-love-me-remains-steady

Here is the ratings for Episode 14! :).

20240626020816_the-player-2-dare-to-love

"The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" Remains On Top + "Dare To Love Me" Heads Into Final Week On Steady Ratings

The battle for Monday-Tuesday ratings continues!

With just two episodes remaining until its finale, KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.3 percent, also seeing the same score as its previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1670555wpp/the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-remains-on-top-dare-to-love-me-heads-into-final-week-on-steady-ratings

Dare to Love Me: Episodes 13-14

by starrygazer

There is less romance this week and more personal growth for our hero and heroine — which for me is a shame — but their goofy yet heartfelt connection is what keeps me interested. Overall, the dynamics are changing in a lot of relationships which leaves me wondering how things will end next week.

EPISODES 13-14

Hong-do and Yoon-bok are tasked by Camille with finding somewhere for the main stage for the fashion show. They go for a walk around, and as Hong-do’s assistants are being less than helpful, Yoon-bok decides to take the reins. Yoon-bok takes Hong-do to see some beautiful scenery that he has always wanted to share with her. Sweet. He reminisces about seeing these places with his late father and Hong-do seems touched that he is sharing this with her.

Yoon-bok takes Hong-do and her assistants for a meal after their day walking around the village. And the two assistants are very curious about (read: crushing on) Yoon-bok, bombarding him with questions — “Do you have a girlfriend?” being the most pointed one. He declares Hong-do his girlfriend and the assistants seem a tad shocked haha.

The comic relief this week comes in the form of Yoon-bok being the face of the fashion show. Camille is nudging Hong-do and Yoon-bok to spend time together because they so obviously like each other. She asks Hong-do to train Yoon-bok every day until the show on how to walk down the catwalk. Watching him walking all disjointed and striking poses was so against his character it was almost droll.

Dare-to-Love-Me-1314-3.jpg

Hong-do has a little slip trying to show Yoon-bok how to pose and twists her ankle. Yoon-bok, being the gentleman he is, insists on giving her a piggyback ride and tending to her before they continue. A group of women from the village decide to help, but instead bombard the pair with questions about marriage and having offspring. The word offspring has our couple looking horrified haha.

Hong-do is clearly troubled by the encounter and decides to talk to Yoon-bok about what will happen to their relationship in the future (i.e., if she goes to Paris and he inherits Seongsan Village), asking him his plans for the next year or two. Yoon-bok, always steadfast in his convictions, assures her he will be by her side even if they are on the other side of the world. “The moment I gave you my heart I gave you my time too.” This gave me all the feels, but Yoon-bok is so rigid to his beliefs it leaves us the audience and Hong-do wondering if he will blindly follow them at the expense of his own happiness?

Our mystery subplot is starting to take an unexpected turn this week, and we see a very different side of Joon-oh after he is arrested in the storeroom (after Yoon-bok had corned him in there at the end of the last episode). First, a flashback shows us how Yoon-bok came to know Joon-oh would be there. Yoon-bok happened to see Nobleman Lee accepting a bag of cash from Joon-oh, and after seeing this Yoon-bok had met with Grandad Shin, Camille, and Hong-do to discuss a way forward.

Yoon-bok’s plan was to have Camille seemingly turn her back on Grandad Shin and cozy up to Nobleman Lee, giving him money so she can still hold the fashion show in the village. Yoon-bok also advised Grandad Shin to step down in order for Nobleman Lee to have a false sense of security, thinking he had won. After putting a few puzzle pieces together, Yoon-bok realized that Joon-oh would be back and this is how he comes to confront him in the storage room.

The witness that Yoon-bok hid in Seongsan Village some time ago is outed as Hong-do’s absentee father, KIM CHIL-BOK (Kim Byung-choon.) After finally running into him at the village after a few near misses, Hong-do has a very cold exchange with him. This surprises Yoon-bok, who has never seen her act like this before. Yoon-bok follows him out and Dad explains that Hong-do had every reason to act that way. Dad briefly explains how he fell apart after their mum died, and after a series of bad judgement calls and mistakes he couldn’t face his children. He pleads with Yoon-bok to go in and comfort Hong-do.

Hong-do puts on a brave face for Yoon-bok as he asks earnestly if she is okay. Hong-do tries to get him to leave saying she’s fine, but he just sits and waits for her. Opening up, Hong-do goes into a little detail about her dad’s suicide attempt (which she witnessed after their mum passed), and how he lost their home and then disappeared, leaving her and Hong-hak to fend for themselves. Taking her hand, Yoon-bok comforts her as she breaks down. It’s a lovely moment between the two, albeit heart-wrenching for Hong-do, and it allows for a little more depth and understanding in their relationship.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/dare-to-love-me-episodes-13-14/

20240701093924_dare-to-love-me-01.jpg?s=Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Face Crisis Before Major Fashion Show In "Dare To Love Me"

Jul 01, 2024
by M Lim

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” has previewed Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young’s upcoming crisis!

Based on the hit webtoon, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Spoilers

Previously, Camille (Bae Jong Ok) insisted on hosting the fashion show in Seongsan Village to celebrate the return of stolen cultural heritage. She met the strict requirement set by Shin Soo Geun (Sunwoo Jae Duk, which required the approval of the majority of the villagers. With their consent, preparations for the show swiftly advanced. Additionally, Camille chose Shin Yoon Bok, the face of the village, to model in the fashion show.

As the fashion show becomes a highly anticipated event among the Seongsan villagers, excitement fills the air. However, for Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do, anxiety and tension dominate. In the newly released stills, the two are seen engrossed in the final preparations. Despite their significant roles—Yoon Bok’s first runway appearance and Hong Do’s debut as a designer—their faces remain tense, each overly conscious of the other.

dare-to-love-me-2.jpeg

dare-to-love-me-1.jpeg

Moreover, Shin Yoon Bok’s expression of shock and confusion while listening to the gatekeeper heightens viewers’ curiosity about the upcoming events in Seongsan Village. Notably, this episode also promises a shocking twist involving Gamjogi, the mastermind behind the cultural relic thefts. What crisis will Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do confront, and can Camille’s fashion show proceed smoothly?Moreover, Shin Yoon Bok’s expression of shock and confusion while listening to the gatekeeper heightens viewers’ curiosity about the upcoming events in Seongsan Village. Notably, this episode also promises a shocking twist involving Gamjogi, the mastermind behind the cultural relic thefts. What crisis will Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do confront, and can Camille’s fashion show proceed smoothly?

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1671768wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-yoo-young-face-crisis-before-major-fashion-show-in-dare-to-love-me

20240701040225_dare-to-love-me-.jpg?s=90Lee Yoo Young Tears Up As She Gazes At Kim Myung Soo In "Dare To Love Me"

Jul 01, 2024
by S Nam

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” has unveiled new stills ahead of its final two episodes!

Based on the hit webtoon, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Spoilers

In the upcoming episode, Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do’s promise to be together will become uncertain despite Shin Yoon Bok expressing strong desire to follow Kim Hong Do to Paris as she pursues her dreams. The two face the difficulties of reality that cannot be overcome with love alone.

The newly released photos convey the complicated feelings between Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do. Kim Hong Do is teary eyed as she gazes at Shin Yoon Bok, creating a heavy atmosphere.

kim-myung-soo-1-.jpg

lee-yoo-young-1-.jpg

While preparing for the fashion show at Seongsan Village, Kim Hong Do realized that Shin Yoon Bok is an essential figure to the village. Although Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do love each other, they cannot just easily leave the village behind. Because of their love, they also cannot help but be more cautious of the future they dream of together, raising questions about how their romance will develop.

The next episode of “Dare to Love Me” will air on July 1 at 10:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1671632wpp/lee-yoo-young-tears-up-as-she-gazes-at-kim-myung-soo-in-dare-to-love-me

20240701061019_dare-to-love-me-2.png?s=9Reasons To Tune In To The Final 2 Episodes Of "Dare To Love Me"

Jul 01, 2024

Dare to Love Me” has almost reached its finale!

As anticipation rises to see how the drama will end, here are two reasons why you won’t want to miss the final two episodes!

Spoilers

Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do’s journey of love and dreams

There is increasing curiosity about whether Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do will shape their future together. Kim Hong Do, in pursuit of his long-standing dream, must depart for Paris, while Shin Yoon Bok’s path ahead remains uncertain. Despite the distance, Shin Yoon Bok has pledged to follow Kim Hong Do anywhere in the world. Yet, following the trial run of the Seongsan Cultural Class, Kim Hong Do has come to see Shin Yoon Bok as pivotal in connecting Seongsan Village with the wider world. In this intricate situation, where love alone may not suffice, all eyes are on whether these two lovers can maintain their grip on each other’s hands.

dare-to-love-me-1-1.jpg

dare-to-love-me-4-1.jpg

Unraveling Gamjogi’s identity: The cultural relics theft mystery

The story centers on an unsolved mystery involving Gamjogi, the mastermind behind the theft of cultural relics. Gamjogi’s true identity remains a mystery, adding intrigue to the case. Initially, Shin Yoon Bok suspected Lee Jun Ho (Park Eun Suk) to be Gamjogi. However, Lee Jun Ho is unaware of the connection between Shin Yoon Bok’s father Shin Sa Do (Im Ho) and the deadly fire in Seongsan Village, which hints at a long-standing conflict involving Gamjogi. Complicating matters, Lee Jun Ho, the sole person aware of Gamjogi’s true identity, faces threats to his life, intensifying the situation for Shin Yoon Bok. As the mystery unfolds, Shin Yoon Bok focuses on whether he can bring an end to the prolonged battle with Gamjogi.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1671728wpp/reasons-to-tune-in-to-the-final-2-episodes-of-dare-to-love-me

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 15! :).

20240702012951_player-2-dare-to-love-me.

"The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" Ratings Remain Steady + “Dare To Love Me” Heads Into Finale With Small Dip

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” is gearing up for its finale!

According to Nielsen Korea, the second to last broadcast of KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.0 percent, seeing a slight dip from the previous episode’s score of 1.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1671918wpp/the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-ratings-remain-steady-dare-to-love-me-heads-into-finale-with-small-dip

Here is the ratings for Episode 16! *Last episode* :).

20240703013735_dare-to-love-me-player-2.

"Dare To Love Me" Ends On Ratings Rise + "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" Also Enjoys Boost

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” has come to a steady close!

According to Nielsen Korea, the July 2 finale of “Dare to Love Me” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.4 percent, enjoying a boost of 0.4 percent for its finale.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1672241wpp/dare-to-love-me-ends-on-ratings-rise-the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-also-enjoys-boost

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2024] Dare to Love Me, 함부로 대해줘