[drama 2003] Sang Doo, Let's Go To School! 상두야, 학교&#44032

melusine

Guest ladymac

Ok, I started watching this drama again, 'cause I stopped the 1st time since I didn't like it. I'm hoping my mind will be changed. :P So far IJUKSA is #1 to me! :)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MiHaeluvu

aw, thanks lavendersky

but I think something wrong. I can't play it. Or Is it me? I think I don't have the program or something?

Guest ladymac

Ok - I just want to make SURE I understand things right:

SD isn't Bori's biological father (which he finds out later) but the curly haired chic IS her biological mother? And if so, WHY wouldn't they tell Bori this?

AND the curly-haired chic (sorry forgot her name just now :P ) is actually SD's 1st love's SISTER right? (but they don't find out until later)

Do I have all this straight? :wacko: Thanks for answering anyone :)

Guest charissejeong

Ok - I just want to make SURE I understand things right:

SD isn't Bori's biological father (which he finds out later) but the curly haired chic IS her biological mother? And if so, WHY wouldn't they tell Bori this?

AND the curly-haired chic (sorry forgot her name just now :P ) is actually SD's 1st love's SISTER right? (but they don't find out until later)

Do I have all this straight? :wacko: Thanks for answering anyone :)

Yup, SD is not Bori's biological dad. SD believed so until that bone marrow matching procedure.

And Bori's mom is the half sister of Sangdoo's first love, Eu-hwan.

^Actually SeRa (BoRi's mom) is only EunHwan's step-sister.

EunHwan's mom dies --> Her dad marries SeRa's mom (who's already had SeRa by that time, out of wedlock, but abandons her) --> The parents conceive JiHwan --> Dad dies --> Mom raises EunHwan like her own daughter. So EunHwan is JiHwan's half-sister (same dad), and SeRa is also JiHwan's half-sister (same mom)... the 2 girls aren't related by blood really, but they're still considered "family" hence the conflict.

but the curly haired chic IS her biological mother? And if so, WHY wouldn't they tell Bori this?

Because SeRa originally abandoned her child. She only reappeared in their lives much later--and so SangDoo has been telling BoRi all this time that her mom's dead (with that pic of some HK actress :lol: ), and he doesn't want to confuse/upset her with the real explanation. Also, SangDoo believes that he and BoRi are doing all right on their own anyway, and that the kid doesn't need a flaky mother figure in her life; plus his acknowledging that SeRa is his kid's mother would just complicate things, esp since they both know she's in love with him.

Guest lavendersky

aw, thanks lavendersky

but I think something wrong. I can't play it. Or Is it me? I think I don't have the program or something?

have you unzipped the file?

if so, u'll see 16 subtitle files (in .srt format) in all.

then u can use BS Player to watch the video with subtitles. :)

Guest ladymac

^Actually SeRa (BoRi's mom) is only EunHwan's step-sister.

EunHwan's mom dies --> Her dad marries SeRa's mom (who's already had SeRa by that time, out of wedlock, but abandons her) --> The parents conceive JiHwan --> Dad dies --> Mom raises EunHwan like her own daughter. So EunHwan is JiHwan's half-sister (same dad), and SeRa is also JiHwan's half-sister (same mom)... the 2 girls aren't related by blood really, but they're still considered "family" hence the conflict.

Because SeRa originally abandoned her child. She only reappeared in their lives much later--and so SangDoo has been telling BoRi all this time that her mom's dead (with that pic of some HK actress :lol: ), and he doesn't want to confuse/upset her with the real explanation. Also, SangDoo believes that he and BoRi are doing all right on their own anyway, and that the kid doesn't need a flaky mother figure in her life; plus his acknowledging that SeRa is his kid's mother would just complicate things, esp since they both know she's in love with him.

Thanks for clearing up my questions everyone! I still think it's lame not to tell the kid about her own mother........but hey, that's why it's called a DRAMA right? lol!!

Guest chris47n

EW is not the blood related to Sera. The mom left Sera at her father's house to live with him (but he had moved and she didnt know) and was going to kill herself. The mom said as she was walking along the beach she saw EW alone with no parents and took her in as her own child.

Guest makemyday

EW is not the blood related to Sera. The mom left Sera at her father's house to live with him (but he had moved and she didnt know) and was going to kill herself. The mom said as she was walking along the beach she saw EW alone with no parents and took her in as her own child.

yeah thats how i remember it as well.

eunhwan has no blood relation to her mom, to sera or her brother jinhwan.

because her mom said the whole beach thing..

and also, someone said something along the lines of eunhwan being so good to her mom and treating her like she's really her mom even though she wasnt or something like that.

Guest aymei

I keep seeing people say that sang-doo and eun-hwan died at the end. But I thought they had a baby? Im confused now. O_O

Guest ijuksa_

yea..

my very 1st and all-time favourite kdrama ^^

fell in love with Bi when i first saw him here..

Sangdoo is one of his best performances aside from A Love To Kill :D

Guest makemyday

I keep seeing people say that sang-doo and eun-hwan died at the end. But I thought they had a baby? Im confused now. O_O

they died at the end..

the baby thing was a scenario from when they're in "heaven"

like.. something about perfect life..

you can tell because at the beginning of that vision, the quality of the visuals is really misty and ethereal like when people are having a dream you know?

and also at the end of the drama, that letter on the screen..

it talks about how they're in a place where there is no sadness and hurt..

which is obviously heaven.. ya know?

Guest ayalen

i missed the old thread abt sangdoo!!!! there was like 190 plus pages on it....and it has to be deleted......waaaaaahhhhhhh

this is like one of the best k-dramas i've ever watched and ever dubbed in the phils....hope i cud get a tagalog copy of it......(it was named ALL FOR LOVE in my country).......

waaaaaahhhh i misseddd sidney/sangdoo soooo much......

and where cud i get Mam Eula's other series....i really really like her......i feel so bi- she turns me on, lolzzz :w00t: looking at her...such a fine actress.....really great!!!

welcum ending mishaps and debates all over again...lolzzzz...ehehe...

Guest ayalen

yup, i heard it too....there was like a huge fan of the series which is a singaporean and she gives us details and stuffs about it..... kinda cheesy eh, just like what an all for love stand??? lolzzz......

Guest lKATl

I like this drama, haven't finish watching, plainning to download the whole esp later. Bi is super hot in this drama, also his acting are great. I love his charter in here.

Guest BeyoutifuLove x

in the beginning i had doubts if i wanted to continue watching this drama

because it wasn't as exciting as Full House which i fiished last week.

but toward the end it became SO good,

i cried so much lol.

but i dislike the ending.

i don't hate it, because somehow it works out for this drama

but why do they have to die..

it's what i don't understand.

why did they dieeeee :(:(

this drama is so great.

it teaches us a lot,

and i absolutely loved it :)

even if they did die in the end..

Guest hanamisg

Scriptwriter Lee Kyung Hee comments on Rain in Sangdoo

I’ve adopted a strict attitude toward Rain right from the start.

I told him "You're the male lead in this drama. If you do badly, everything you’ve done will go down the drain". So you must work hard, follow Hyojin closely and learn well.

Because of this, Rain was very nervous.

But he really did do well.

In the beginning, I was the one who gave him the role of Sangdoo. But over time, I began to feel that he was the one telling me what kind of a role Sangdoo really is.

Of course, Sangdoo is Rain, and Rain made Sangdoo come alive.

Now to think of it, without Rain's interpretation, the character Sangdoo would never have come alive.

So he really did do very well.

Rain really works very hard. I think it is hard on him physically, so much so he may be starting to lose

his hair. He is really going through a hard time.

In the drama, his role kept switching between the present and the past; now he's a gigolo; the next moment, he's back to becoming a student. Hence his hairstyle was always changing, sometimes up to 6 times a day. No wonder he's losing his hair.

Warning, Spoiler:

In the original script, only Sangdoo was supposed to die.

It was supposed to portray Sangdoo as putting in his all his effort, tried hard and struggled to live on,

but fate is cruel. Even a person who tried so hard to survive still died in the end.

So I had planned to let Sangdoo die peacefully.

When I was writing episode 15, I received Hyejin’s mail.

"Please don't kill Sangdoo. If you must kill him, please kill me too. Because if Sangdoo dies, I won't be

able to live on too."

At first I was bewildered by this whole thing, but she mailed me 6 times in total.

So I decided to call her, asking her what exactly did she think she was doing?

Told her it's Sangdoo dying, not Rain. But she said, "If Sangdoo dies, Eunhwan will not be able to live too. Please let Sangdoo live. Otherwise, just kill us both."

I have completed my script and I cannot change it, neither do I plan to change it. I told her the script may under-run, and she actually told me to re-write the script!

I was terribly angry, reprimanded, "How dare you ask me to rewrite the script, idiot?"

After hanging up, I was unable to ignore the issue, so I called Rain and asked for his opinion.

Rain told me, "I don't know, but if Sangdoo really dies alone, his life is really too sad. What sin did he commit so much so that he has to die alone?"

After that issue, I saw the two at the filming site. Suddenly it occurred to me that killing Sangdoo alone is indeed very cruel.

Ah~ These two are indeed inseparable. Let them stay together then, whether live or dead, I thought.

I had set the tone for the scene in the jail.

Sangdoo was supposed to express that he is not tired, and doesn't feel that his life is sad despite being in jail.

This is because in his heart, Eunhwan is always by his side, hence his life is not too tragic.

But during the filming, Rain kept crying.

I didn't indicate in the script for him to cry, but he was totally into the role, so he couldn't help but sob. He was crying so sadly he could speak properly and had to stop filming for a while.

Thinking back, Rain is right, Because he has completely became Sangdoo.

There was a scene when Sangdoo wanted his uncle to teach him how to play cards. His uncle was surprised because Sangdoo had said he'll never touch that stuff. In actual fact, the part that was being cut away explained how he sworn off gambling because that was how Sangdoo's real father gambled his life away. But because Eunhwan's mother liked people who play cards, she he wanted to pick it up too.

Credit: rainloverforever.blogspot.com/ Rainhk.com// jinlees@ soompi//

Guest BeyoutifuLove x

Scriptwriter Lee Kyung Hee comments on Rain in Sangdoo

I’ve adopted a strict attitude toward Rain right from the start.

I told him "You're the male lead in this drama. If you do badly, everything you’ve done will go down the drain". So you must work hard, follow Hyojin closely and learn well.

Because of this, Rain was very nervous.

But he really did do well.

In the beginning, I was the one who gave him the role of Sangdoo. But over time, I began to feel that he was the one telling me what kind of a role Sangdoo really is.

Of course, Sangdoo is Rain, and Rain made Sangdoo come alive.

Now to think of it, without Rain's interpretation, the character Sangdoo would never have come alive.

So he really did do very well.

Rain really works very hard. I think it is hard on him physically, so much so he may be starting to lose

his hair. He is really going through a hard time.

In the drama, his role kept switching between the present and the past; now he's a gigolo; the next moment, he's back to becoming a student. Hence his hairstyle was always changing, sometimes up to 6 times a day. No wonder he's losing his hair.

Warning, Spoiler:

In the original script, only Sangdoo was supposed to die.

It was supposed to portray Sangdoo as putting in his all his effort, tried hard and struggled to live on,

but fate is cruel. Even a person who tried so hard to survive still died in the end.

So I had planned to let Sangdoo die peacefully.

When I was writing episode 15, I received Hyejin’s mail.

"Please don't kill Sangdoo. If you must kill him, please kill me too. Because if Sangdoo dies, I won't be

able to live on too."

At first I was bewildered by this whole thing, but she mailed me 6 times in total.

So I decided to call her, asking her what exactly did she think she was doing?

Told her it's Sangdoo dying, not Rain. But she said, "If Sangdoo dies, Eunhwan will not be able to live too. Please let Sangdoo live. Otherwise, just kill us both."

I have completed my script and I cannot change it, neither do I plan to change it. I told her the script may under-run, and she actually told me to re-write the script!

I was terribly angry, reprimanded, "How dare you ask me to rewrite the script, idiot?"

After hanging up, I was unable to ignore the issue, so I called Rain and asked for his opinion.

Rain told me, "I don't know, but if Sangdoo really dies alone, his life is really too sad. What sin did he commit so much so that he has to die alone?"

After that issue, I saw the two at the filming site. Suddenly it occurred to me that killing Sangdoo alone is indeed very cruel.

Ah~ These two are indeed inseparable. Let them stay together then, whether live or dead, I thought.

I had set the tone for the scene in the jail.

Sangdoo was supposed to express that he is not tired, and doesn't feel that his life is sad despite being in jail.

This is because in his heart, Eunhwan is always by his side, hence his life is not too tragic.

But during the filming, Rain kept crying.

I didn't indicate in the script for him to cry, but he was totally into the role, so he couldn't help but sob. He was crying so sadly he could speak properly and had to stop filming for a while.

Thinking back, Rain is right, Because he has completely became Sangdoo.

There was a scene when Sangdoo wanted his uncle to teach him how to play cards. His uncle was surprised because Sangdoo had said he'll never touch that stuff. In actual fact, the part that was being cut away explained how he sworn off gambling because that was how Sangdoo's real father gambled his life away. But because Eunhwan's mother liked people who play cards, she he wanted to pick it up too.

Credit: rainloverforever.blogspot.com/ Rainhk.com// jinlees@ soompi//

wow..

no wonder his acting was so spetacular in this drama.

he really liked it.

sangdoo really was tragic.

Archived