[Upcoming Drama 2024] A Virtuous Business/Quiet Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Sun Young & Lee Se Hee- Premieres in second half of 2014

larus

News bites: July 25, 2024

by tccolb

502b5070-d281-4fc7-84cc-22b5c8225482.jpg

• JTBC confirmed casting for the period comedy Sales of Virtue, starring Kim So-yeon (Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938), Kim Sung-ryung (Kill Heel), Kim Sun-young (Queen of Divorce), and Lee Se-hee (Bad Prosecutor) as our sales ladies quartet, marketing racy products door-to-door. Adapted from the 2016 British series Brief Encounters, the Korean remake takes us to a small town in the early 1990s where secretive cop Yeon Woo-jin (Nothing Uncovered) gets embroiled in their cheeky sales shenanigans. [JTBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/07/news-bites-july-25-2024/

• Like 1

Child actor Choi Ja-woon is holding the first episode script .

904f17059a2861f92a0bdf3f03af7c56850723b5

His comment:

Script reading 📖

Jaun's new dialect challenge!

I'm lacking, but I'll try my best❣️

Fighting!!!👏

https://www.instagram.com/yuyeonjin27/p/C7OLlyLvfdE/

They are speaking in Geumje dialect . I hope it is not too hard and they use it satisfactory.

• Like 1

by lo_ve, July 29, 2024
2 2

Lee Se Hee is confirmed to join the new JTBC K-drama Quiet Sales.

On July 29, it was officially confirmed that actress Lee Se Hee will be part of the cast of the upcoming Korean version of the British drama Brief Encounters. The Korean version is titled Quiet Sales and it will premiere this year. 

This will be the first official K-drama project of Lee Se Hee for this year. She last starred in the 2022 K-drama Bad Prosecutor with EXO's Doh Kyung Soo, Ha Joon, Joo Bo Young, Lee Si Eon, and Kim Sang Ho.

For this year, she made a special cameo appearance in the 17th episode of the K-drama Beauty and Mr. Romantic.  Her episode was aired last May. 

Lee Se Hee started her acting career in 2017 through the film Midnight Runners. She is active in movies and K-dramas. She is best known for being part of the works Young Lady and Gentleman, Hospital Playlist Season 2, Live On, I Can Only See, FengShui, and more. 

jQgPDb_2f.jpg

Quiet Sales will be the next work of director Jo Woong (Love All Play and Justice) and writer Choi Bo Rim (My Roommate Is a Gumiho, What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, and Drinking Solo). 

The upcoming K-drama will showcase the story of four women called the Bangpan Sisters who are door-to-door salespeople in the 1990s. These women visit and sell adult products in a rural village. It will showcase the independence, growth, and friendship of these women who were ahead of their era. 

The K-drama will be led by Kim So Yeon, Kim Sun Young, Kim Sung Ryung, Yeon Woo Jin, Choi Ja Woon, and more. 

In the K-drama, Lee Se Hee will portray the role of Lee Ju Ri. She is a single mother who raises her son alone. She currently runs a beauty salon and she enjoys wearing unconventional costumes. She will enter the world of door-to-door sales because she thinks it will give color to her boring daily life. 

Quiet Sales will exclusively premiere on JTBC and will air in the second half of 2024. The K-drama will have a total of 12 episodes. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-se-hee-confirms-her-first-official-k-drama-for-2024

• Like 1

Pocheon-si Gwanin-myeon, transformed into a rural village drama set in 1992

3022168_233269_5235.jpg

3022168_233267_5234.jpg

3022168_233273_5238.jpg

Spoiler

3022168_233270_5236.jpg

3022168_233272_5237.jpg

3022168_233271_5237.jpg

3022168_233266_5234.jpg

3022168_233264_5232.jpg

3022168_233263_5232.jpg

3022168_233262_5231.jpg

3022168_233261_5231.jpg

3022168_233259_5230.jpg

3022168_233258_5229.jpg

| Naeway Economy TV = Reporter Yang Sang-hyeon | = In the second half of 2024, JTBC's new drama 'Quiet Sales' has begun filming on a drama set in Gwanin-myeon, Pocheon-si, Gyeonggi-do. 'Quiet Sales' is set in the fictional rural village 'Geumje-gun' in the 1992 drama, and centers around four women who jump into door-to-door sales of adult products.

The streets of Gwanin-myeon, stationery stores, bookstores, and snack bars recreate the atmosphere of 1992, making it feel like you’ve gone back in time. Except for the place name ‘Geumje-gun,’ it’s not much different now than it was then.

The drama is a remake of "Brief Encounters," which aired on ITV in the UK in 2016, and is notable for its unique take on the taboo subject of sexuality.

◇ The Independence and Growth of the Bangpan Sisters

'Silent Sales' tells the story of the independence, growth, and friendship of four women, known as the 'Bangpan Sisters', who go into the business of selling adult products door-to-door. The drama is set in the conservative and oppressive society of 1992, and is set to be a heartwarming film as the women find themselves, achieve financial independence, and strengthen their friendships.

◇ Character introduction and actors' transformation

In this drama, Lee Se-hee plays the role of Lee Joo-ri, a single mom and 'it girl' of Geumje. Lee Joo-ri, who runs a beauty salon and enjoys wearing unconventional clothes, is a strong-willed person who responds to men who give her sinister looks with a smile. She started out as a door-to-door salesperson for fun, but gradually discovered her abilities and grew into a confident youngest sister who supports her older sisters.

Kim So-yeon plays Han Han-sook, a housewife who, after marrying her first love and living a quiet life, discovers her hidden marketing talent when she starts selling adult products door-to-door amidst financial difficulties. This marks Kim So-yeon's return to JTBC dramas after a nine-year hiatus, and there are high hopes for her transformation.

Yeon Woo-jin plays Kim Do-hyun, a police officer who returns from the United States. Do-hyun, who grew up in a wealthy family and graduated from an Ivy League university, was quickly promoted from the Gangnam Police Station in Seoul, but for some reason, he was sent back to Geumje Police Station. His hidden secret adds to the drama's mystery.

Kim Sung-ryung plays Oh Geum-hee, an elegant woman, a cultured woman who graduated from Ewha University who is now spending her free days trying to find herself by selling adult products door-to-door to help Jung-sook. Kim Sun-young plays Seo Young-bok, a mother of multiples, who keeps her humour despite her poverty and is the liquorice that makes the Bangpan Sisters laugh.

◇ Production team's expectations and ambitions

The production team expressed their expectations for this drama, saying, "Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee will summon the 90s. They will breathe life into the differentiated material and dramatic story with their excellent acting." They also said, "Please pay a lot of attention to the Bangpan Sisters' growth story, where they build a strong friendship through the medium of 'adult product door-to-door sales' in a conservative rural town and move on to a better life."

JTBC's new drama 'Quiet Sales' is scheduled to air in the second half of 2024. Expectations are high for the kind of emotion and fun this drama, set in a rural village in 1992, will bring.

◇ Pocheon is gaining attention as a drama filming spot

Popular dramas in Pocheon, a screen made by nature

Meanwhile, Pocheon City is loved as a filming location for many TV dramas thanks to its beautiful natural scenery. Some of the most popular TV dramas include "Moon Lover - Bobo Kyungsim Ryeo", "Legend of the Blue Sea", "Hwayugi", "Romantic Doctor Kim Sabu", and "Love Crash Landing". All of these dramas are filmed at various spots in Pocheon and showcase the city's charm to viewers.

'Lovers of the Moon' is famous for its scenes filmed at Cheonju Lake in Pocheon Art Valley. The clear blue waters of Cheonju Lake and the majestic rock walls of the lake enhanced the fantasy atmosphere of the drama. Legend of the Blue Sea was also filmed in Pocheon Art Valley, and the exotic scenery added to the mystical atmosphere of the drama.

"Hwayugi" was filmed in the unique scenery of Pocheon Art Valley, which provided viewers with impressive scenes. The drama utilised various natural elements of the Pocheon Art Valley to create a unique mise-en-scene.

'Romantic Doctor Kim Sabu' was filmed in Pocheon's Seongsan Lake Stone Wall Hospital. The tranquil scenery of Mount Sanjeong Lake combined with the emotional scenes of the drama captivated viewers' hearts.

'Love Crash Landing' was filmed in various locations, including the sky bridge in Pocheon, and the beautiful natural scenery of Pocheon often appeared as the backdrop of the drama. The drama has played a big role in publicising the charm of Pocheon.

An official from Pocheon City said, "The natural scenery of Pocheon has inspired the drama crew, and we will continue to spare no effort to help Pocheon City be chosen as a filming location for various works."

Pocheon is like a screen created by nature, and many drama fans experience the charm of Pocheon by visiting the scenes in the drama. It is hoped that Pocheon will continue to be loved as a backdrop for various dramas.

https://www.nbntv.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=3022168

• Like 1

I want to know who will play Han Jung sook`s husband in the Quiet Sales drama. He will be a suporting actor, with a similar age or younger. I am curios who they will cast. 

Spoiler

From what I saw in the original series (ep 3) and read about the plot, Jung Sook`s husband is definitely not an alpha male type. It is totally fine but he kind of became the pathetic loser type and that`s not good. 😆

He worked in a factory but he was laid off due to the economic difficulties of that period. When he heard about his wife`s plan to start a business in sales of adult products he categorically forbade her to be involved in that.

He cheated his wife with the wife or girlfriend of his best friend. That`s pretty bad. He did not love her and he said that he loves his wife but why he did this stupid thing? And that affair (one night stand or whatever) will have  consequences. The woman will get pregnant. We`ll see how it will be played out in the remake.

He wanted to fight for his marriage and make amends but the emotional conection between husband and wife was distroyed. Maybe their marriage did not work for a while but his cheating was the last straw, it destroyed her last trust in him. . 

He was an insecure man and always thought that he did not deserve his wife. I see an incompatibility of characters. Sung Sook will discover her new talent (that she is good at sales) and her husband is the insecure guy who are not comfortable with his wife` success.  I think Jung Sook`s husband won`t be a bad guy per se. Maybe he made a mistake once (when he cheated) but definetely, he is not a man of trust. I sense that he is not compatible with Jung Sook. Is he a type of person who clip someone`s wings? I want a man for Jung Sook who will be there for her, to encourage her  not to limit her full potential.

• Like 2

Oligio sent to So Yeon a coffee truck to the set of Quiet Sales.

She uploaded her Instagram with few pictures and commeted:

Oligio 💜 @oligio_official 👍 Thank you so much🙆‍♀️💕 #oligioisoligio

21cfc33e0ff33a4d6f0061ac74c7c58a93ef3a64

13baed210e9f50b31eb06f1afd16e75c12703fcc

1e0388310d2673d2eba6d556c332c99abb735aef

Spoiler

d23920ddb55bd4839011797bfa8c66f8977786fa

99106ff83d057687f2cd16db52a54bce7e9c02da

bdaed4b24f7298af5b48d2af3584e960b0dfd979

https://www.instagram.com/sysysy1102/p/C-NEOfgTFti/?img_index=6

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1046405460176664&set=pcb.1046405780176632

• Like 1

Lee Sehee with the child actor playing her son in Quiet sales.

I don`t know what is happening at JTBC. They don`t announce who is the next drama after Romance in the House.

They start to promote Good Boy, showing stills for the lead actors, and this drama is supposted to air after Quiet Sales, but they don`t say when, just that will be broadcast in the latter half of this year. If JTBC wants Good Boy after Romance in the House, just say so. 

[Source] [Coffee Truck Support Truck] 'Actress Kim So-yeon' JTBC Drama <Quiet Sales> Support Review

Written by Support Truck

Hello, this is Support Truck!

Today (August 3), we will share with you the support review of actress Kim So-yeon, who is starring in the upcoming JTBC drama <Quiet Sales>.

The drama <Quiet Sales> is about the independence, growth, and friendship of the 'Bangpan Sisters', a four-person group that jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, a time when 'sex' was taboo.

It's such a fresh subject matter, I think many people are looking forward to it!!

220f5a99625c9a7f2c015bd4373f8d5fd3fbd88c

This time, the place that requested support is~~~!!! It's 'Oligio' where actress Kim So-yeon is working as an advertising model!!

'Oligio' is a medical device that everyone who goes to a dermatologist would know, and Oligio requested support to cheer on actress Kim So-yeon's new work ><

The weather was very hot and the filming location was in a remote place, so Oligio knew this and requested a very generous amount of drinks .

We loaded up on supplies and headed to the filming location!! When we arrived, it was a place full of the savory scent of the countryside that I remember from when I was young.

d242a07d271ef6365a2fe37239c0fa1e27277100

It was a day with bright sunshine, low humidity, and a midsummer vibe, so the staff greeted us warmly as soon as we arrived, saying, "We're here!!!"

Since there were no cafes around, the staff said they had been waiting for a long time, and we started preparing amidst the warm welcome .

We opened a truck decorated with actress Kim So-yeon's gorgeous advertisement photos, and the staff kept waiting in front of it while waiting for the support to start. ㅎㅎ Our hands started to get busy so that we could prepare cool drinks as quickly as possible.

The staff was waiting at the entrance of the building while taking pictures, and when we finally told them that we were ready to serve drinks and take orders, they came rushing in like an open run .

eee84064ff61d1865a1228af805227743daa2413

About 10 minutes after handing out the drinks, a car stopped right next to the truck and actress Kim So-yeon, who plays the lead role of Cheon Seo-jin in the unforgettable drama 'Penthouse', got out!!

Honestly, since the image of the villain she showed in 'Penthouse' was so strong, I thought that her image would be incredibly strong in real life?? But what is this!! Actress Kim So-yeon was so friendly and beautiful.

She shyly greeted us with a "hello~~" and bent over backwards to tell us how much he appreciated us (such an honour!).

And they took a lot of photos in front of the truck haha!!!(they even posted it on Instagram!!) And not only that, the staff asked me if I wanted to take a photo with them, and they took every single one of them...(honestly, I wanted to ask them to take a photo with me too...)

Spoiler

3ce16394a652a30e2ba758e1db5bbb533475ce0a

I found this out when I was chatting to a staff member during a break from serving drinks, and she told me that at first she thought he was cold because of the drama, but she was one of the nicest actors in the world. She was always happy to sign autographs and take pictures.

Actress Kim So-yeon ordered an iced latte and came out again in the middle to take a photo with us 🙂 The way we saw her in the drama was because she was so good at acting 🙂 .

On this day, the staff from Oligio, the advertiser, also came!!! The staff also talked to actress Kim So-yeon and took drinks with her, so they said they drank well ><

We gave the actors and staff plenty of drinks so that they didn't run out, and we finished our support without any problems. (*´꒳`*)

We would like to thank the staff and actors who helped us to proceed smoothly on site and welcomed us. We hope for the safe filming and box office success of the drama <Quiet Sales> and we will come back with another support review.

https://www.instagram.com/supportruck/reel/C-aFC0Ypu5y/

https://blog.naver.com/supportruck/223542296687

• Like 1

There is JTBC line up for 2024 and it looks like Quiet Sales will be broadcast on Netflix also. Also it will air after Good Boy. It makes sense after seeing four articles/ stills from the drama. Now let see the official confirmation. 

fa8b71982041dcdff113783ccb1698605a6fafb0

• Like 2

‘Quiet Sales’ JTBC K-Drama Expected to Release on Netflix in 2024

JTBC K-drama 'Quiet Sales' could be coming to Netflix later this year.

Jacob Robinson ·  @JRobinsonWoN
August 8th, 2024 - 7:32 am ET

quiet-sales-netflix-k-drama-preview-jpg.

The upcoming K-drama series, Quiet Sales, could be coming to Netflix later this year. Here is everything we know about the k-drama.

Quiet Sales is an upcoming South Korean comedy series written by Choi Bo Rim, and a remake of the British drama Brief Encounters. Jo Woong (Love All Play) is the director. The series will be broadcast on the South Korean cable network JTBC.

Quiet Sales will be released sometime in Q4 of 2024 (October-December).

There’s no official confirmation from Netflix that Quiet Sales is coming to Netflix. However, the X account @ggonigone, who posts hourly updates on all things K-dramas has been extremely consistent in revealing which licensed K-dramas are heading to Netflix.

In the tweet below, when the picture is translated into English, it states that Quiet Sales will be released on Netflix sometime in Q4.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/tweet-1821452219398676722-20240808-090819-via-10015-io.png

What isn’t clear is what regions will receive Quiet Sales. While we do expect the K-drama to be released globally, there is still a chance that it could be exclusive to countries around Asia.For now we’re awaiting official confirmation from Netflix that Quiet Sales is coming to the streaming service.

It has been confirmed that the series will have a total of twelve episodes.

New episodes of Quiet Sales will be released every Saturday and Sunday. 

Runtimes have yet to be confirmed. 

'Quiet Sales' JTBC K-Drama Expected to Release on Netflix in 2024 - What's on Netflix (whats-on-netflix.com)

• Like 1

First pictures with some of our lead actors. Yeon Woo Jin, Kim So Yeon and Lee Se Hee went to see a musical. I don`t recognizer the man in the middle and the man with the blue shirt . Maybe they went there to support a cast member of Quiet Sales.

5c2151e3cf1bd087164bb3c091c0eba651c299dc

쏘인스타스토리(ㅌㅂㅇㅈㅇ) - 김소연 갤러리 (dcinside.com)

[잡담] 정숙한세일즈 김소연,연우진 인스스 - 인스티즈(instiz) 드영배 카테고리

From the tags, it looks like the man in the blue shirt is the actor Kim Jeong Jin. I think he is cast in Quiet Sales as well. 

The name of the musical is Hadestown

The man in ther middle could be Choi Jae Rim. (according to the tag). He is a musical actor so perhaps he is cast in the musical. His last drama was Lies Hidden in My Garden and I am curious if he appears in Quiet Sales as well. We`ll see. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20240904065200_kim-so-yeon-1-1-1.jpeg?s=Kim So Yeon Transforms Into A Saleswoman Selling Adult Toys In The '90s In Poster For New Drama "A Virtuous Business"

Sep 04, 2024

Upcoming drama “A Virtuous Business”  has unveiled a striking poster featuring Kim So Yeon!

A remake of the 2016 British television series “Brief Encounters,” “A Virtuous Business” is a drama about the independence, growth, and friendship of four “sisters” who delve into door-to-door sales of adult products at a rural village in 1992 when sex was still taboo. The story delves into how women find a way to flourish on their own while contributing healthy energy to the secret world of married couples in a time where it was taboo just to utter the word “sex.”

The newly released poster shows Jung Sook (Kim So Yeon) with a sly and daring sales pick. Dressed in vintage fashion, she radiates an elegant 1990s vibe. Her attention is quickly captured by something on an open silver tray. While partially blurred out, the “19” symbol hints at an R-rated object, and Jung Sook’s playful question, “How about this vibe?” adds to the intrigue. The poster is rich with metaphors that invite different interpretations.

Jung Sook’s background offers clues about the poster’s meaning. Once known for her beauty and selected as Geumje’s Red Pepper Girl, Jung Sook led a quiet life after marrying her first love. But financial struggles, including being unable to buy a new bag for her only son, prompted her to reassess her life. Determined to earn her own money, she entered the adult toy sales business and discovered a surprising talent for marketing. The teaser poster highlights why people are eager to trust and purchase the products she promotes.

kim-so-yeon-1-.jpeg

Along with Kim So Yeon, who takes center stage as Jung Sook, Kim Sung Ryung plays the elegant and intelligent Oh Geum Hee, Kim Sun Young plays Seo Young Bok, a happy wife and mother of multiple children, and Lee Se Hee portrays Lee Joo Ri, a single mother and the show’s “it girl.” Yeon Woo Jin adds a mysterious touch as Detective Kim Do Hyun, who, with his more liberal approach, contrasts with the local police force, adding intrigue to this unique sales drama.

The production team said, “Set in a time as conservative as the Joseon Dynasty, especially in a rural village, Jung Sook will sell adult products she believes in, with Kim So Yeon showcase her acting talent in an engaging sales show. We hope viewers will remember the striking teaser poster. Kim So Yeon is making a comeback to bring many exciting stories to the small screen.”

“A Virtuous Business” is set to premiere in October.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686077wpp/kim-so-yeon-transforms-into-a-saleswoman-selling-adult-toys-in-the-90s-in-poster-for-new-drama-a-virtuous-business

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] A Virtuous Business/Quiet Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Sun Young & Lee Se Hee- Premieres in second half of 2014
September 4 2024

Teaser poster & air date for JTBC drama “A Virtuous Business”

Virtuous_Sales-p.jpg

First teaser poster for JTBC drama series “A Virtuous Business” starring Kim So-Yeon, Yeon Woo-Jin, Kim Sung-Ryoung, Kim Sun-Young, & Lee Se-Hee. “A Virtuous Business” is set in a rural town in 1992, when four women begin selling adult toy products door-to-door. Caption on the poster states “How about this vibe?”

“A Virtuous Business” is now scheduled to first air this October in South Korea (takes over JTBC’s Saturday and Sunday 10:30 PM time slot after “Romance in the House“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: In the rural village of Geumje in 1992, four women begin door-to-door sales of adult products. They have different reasons for getting involved in the business venture. They gain financial independence and develop friendships, through their work.

Han Jung-Sook (Kim So-Yeon) is a housewife. She was once the 1st runner-up in a local beauty contest and she married the man who was her first love. Her life is modest and ordinary, but she suffers from financial difficulties. She is unable to afford a new bag for her only son and she worries about making her monthly rent. This provides a wake up call for her. She soon jumps into door-to-door sales of imported adult products. She discovers that she has a talent for marketing and sales.

Oh Geum-Hee (Kim Sung-Ryoung) grew up in a wealthy family and graduated from a prestigious women’s university. She got married through an arranged marriage made by her family. She moved to Geumje, which is her husband’s hometown. Here, she lives a boring life. To help Han Jung-Sook, who once worked as her housekeeper, she begins to work door-to-door sales of imported adult products. This leads her to have an unexpected self-reflection.

Seo Young-Bok (Kim Sun-Young) is a mother of 4 children. Her relationship with her husband is great and they look like a happy family, but her family suffers from poverty. The six family members sleep together in a single room. In order to provide a separate room for her 4 children, Seo Young-Bok begins to work door-to-door sales of imported adult products.

Lee Joo-Ri (Lee Se-Hee) is a single mother, who raises her son alone. She also runs a beauty parlor. She begins to do door-to-door sales of imported adult products, believing it would be a fun thing to do in her boring life. She grows as a person through her work and lifts the spirits of the other 3 women when they encounter frustrating situations.

Meanwhile, Kim Do-Hyun (Yeon Woo-Jin) is a police officer, who grew up in a wealthy family in South Korea and gradated from an Ivy League school in the United States. After he returned to South Korea, he began to work as a police officer and was quickly promoted at the Gangnam Police Station in Seoul. He then moved to Geumje and began to work at the Geumje Police Station. He doesn’t seem to have a connection with the area, but he has a secret.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-poster-air-date-for-jtbc-drama-a-virtuous-business

• Like 1

[1st Teaser] 1992, Their Bold Sales 💋 | 〈Quiet Sales〉 First broadcast in October!

It looks like it will be fun. I love the women camaderie already. Kim Won Hae is playing Kim Sung Ryoung`s husband in the drama ? Cool.

Kim So-yeon → Kim Sung-ryung, I thought she was modest, but she's selling adult products (Modest Sales)

AA1q1bRO.img?w=650&h=1395&m=6&x=61&y=116

The first teaser video for ‘Quiet Sales’ has been released.

JTBC’s new Saturday-Sunday drama ‘Quiet Sales’ (directed by Jo Woong, written by Choi Bo-rim, provided by SLL, produced by Hi-Zium Studio, 221b) is a full-fledged sex scandal drama that depicts the story of independence, growth, and friendship of the ‘Sisters of the Room’ who jump into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, a time when ‘sex’ was taboo.

The video released on September 5 contains the beginning of “Quiet Sales of the Sisters.” As the name suggests, cautious housewife ‘Han Jeong-suk’ (Kim So-yeon), elegant brain ‘Oh Geum-hee’ (Kim Sung-ryung), mother of many children ‘Seo Young-bok’ (Kim Sun-young), and hot single mom ‘Lee Joo-ri’ (Lee Se-hee) turn the taboo of the rural village upside down by selling items from their homes. Jeong-suk announces the ‘Bangpan Showtime’ with a shy request, “Please enjoy it comfortably without the burden of purchasing.” She opens the sales bag, and the items inside appear one after another. However, the reactions of the housewives who gathered at Geum-hee’s house because she was selling good items are unusual. Their pupils shake as if an earthquake were going to occur, and their mouths are wide open and cannot be closed.

They can’t even guess what the items are for. They thought they were necklaces with pretty beads woven together, but Jeong-suk points out that they are “panties.” The customers’ surprised faces clearly show their true feelings, wondering, “How can those bold things function as underwear, and how are you supposed to wear them?”

The bold items that the four ‘Bangpan Sisters’ take out are adult products from ‘Fantasy Lingerie,’ which advocates the motto, “Our women are also interested in passionate sex lives and have the right to enjoy them.” In a time when even the mere mention of the word ‘sex’ would startle people as if they had heard a harsh word, it would send conservative rural villagers into a state of shock.

However, the four ‘Sisters’ of Bangpan wear strange adult products themselves and even demonstrate them. Even while receiving harsh stares asking, “Why are you doing that?”, they never lose their smiles and actively engage in sales, even taking gifts. Each of them has their own reasons for making Bangpan a success, even if they are criticized for being immoral. That’s why Jeongsuk goes up to the spring today and shouts, “Let’s go!” loudly, and even shouts to strengthen her resolve.

The ‘Sisters’ of the four ahead of their time, emphasizing women’s healthy desires and rights, will present a Bangpan show with acting skills that you can’t help but believe in, presented by Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee. Even just from the short teaser video, the passionate acting and the perfect woman’s chemistry make it impossible to take your eyes off of them for a second. The production team said, “Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee’s chemistry is beyond compare. The friendship and growth of the four Bangpan sisters who lived in the 1990s is the best selling point that viewers in 2024 can enjoy with interest. We hope you set the showtime notification for their scandalous Bangpan drama that will begin in October. It will be a choice you won’t regret.” First broadcast in October

https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/tv/김소연-김성령-정숙한-줄-알았는데-성인용품-판매라니-정숙한-세일즈/ar-AA1q1bS6

News bites: September 4, 2024

by tccolb

21285feb-5031-46ef-bf25-f7a541a3fa5a.jpg

In stark contrast, Kim So-yeon (Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938) has arrived with some cheeky goods in tow, presenting the first poster for JTBC’s A Virtuous Business (previously Sales of Virtue). Starting their door-to-door calls this October, the 1990s period comedy also stars a cop Yeon Woo-jin (Nothing Uncovered) as well as fellow sales ladies, Kim Sung-ryung (The Frog), Kim Sun-young (Queen of Divorce), and Lee Se-hee (Bad Prosecutor). [JTBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/news-bites-september-4-2024/

‘Boyhood’ Kim Jung-jin, rush of next works… Confirmed to appear in ‘Quiet Sales’ ‘anticipation’

news-p.v1.20240906.9001ce250f7f4e06805b2

Actor Kim Jung-jin announced on the 6th that he will be foreshadowing a new acting transformation in ‘Quiet Sales’.

JTBC’s new Saturday-Sunday drama ‘Quiet Sales’ (directed by Jo Woong, written by Choi Bo-rim, provided by SLL, produced by Hi-Zium Studio, 221b) is a full-fledged sex scandal drama that depicts the story of independence, growth, and friendship of the ‘Bangpan Sisters’, a four-member group that jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, when ‘sex’ was taboo.

Kim Jung-jin plays the role of Chairman Eom’s son, Eom Dae-geun. Eom Dae-geun is the son of a wealthy fortune teller who the townspeople can’t stand, but he is a reckless man who works part-time at the town pharmacy. Expectations are high for Kim Jung-jin, who will complete the appearance of a neighborhood gangster with his unique realistic and detailed acting.

Kim Jung-jin, who made his screen debut in the 2022 film 'Christmas Carol', appeared in the drama 'Bait', 'Model Taxi 2', and 'Evil Spirit', and showed his outstanding presence on the small screen. After that, he transformed his image as Yang Cheol-hong, the leader of the Buyeo Agricultural High School gang, in 'Boyhood', and received love from viewers for his irreplaceable acting.

Kim Jung-jin is continuing his smooth acting career by solidifying his presence in each work he appears in. Not only that, he is also showing rapid growth by making sure to make his presence felt in the home theaters in the second half of the year with the new MBC dramas “This Intimate Traitor” and “Quiet Sales,” which will be aired for the first time in October. As he is expected to continue his outstanding performance as an actor, attention is focused on Kim Jung-jin’s future.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/article/202409062208003

Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, and Kim Sung-ryung, 'Quiet Sales' Jumping into Adult Products Sales

high.jpg&w=1920&q=75

optimize

'Quiet Sales' Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, and Kim Sung-ryung will have a sales battle. JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Quiet Sales' (written by Choi Bo-rim/directed by Jo Woong) released photos from the script reading site on the 6th.

'Quiet Sales' is a full-fledged sex tapestry drama depicting the independence, growth, and friendship of the 'Bangpan Sisters', four women who jumped into door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, a time when 'sex' was taboo. The script rehearsal held in Sangam, Seoul in May brought together director Jo Woong and writer Choi Bo-rim, as well as the cast including Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, Lee Se-hee, Kim Won-hae, Choi Jae-rim,, Kang Ae-sim, Seo Hyun-chul, Jeong Soon-won, Kim Jeong-jin, Park Ok-chul, Park Ji-ah, Kim Sun-mi, Joo In-young, Hong Ji-hee, Shim Wan-joon, and Jeon Soo-ji.

Kim So-yeon, as her name suggests, plays the role of a quiet housewife, Han Jeong-sook, and opens the play with a quiet performance that puts aside her usual 'strong character'. However, as he realizes that he has to earn his son's tuition and rent on his own and begins selling adult products door-to-door, his emotions and growth story gradually change, and this is beautifully portrayed with amazing control of intensity.

Yeon Woo-jin, who plays the role of Kim Do-hyun, an American-style detective in the 90s, fully displays the actor's signature soft charisma. The secret story of how he, a police academy graduate who was quickly promoted at Gangnam Police Station in Seoul, ended up at Geumje Police Station, where he had no connections, raises curiosity by sprinkling mystery here and there. JTBC Quiet Sales

optimize

Kim Sung-ryung, who plays the eldest sister and elegant brain Oh Geum-hee, and Kim Sun-young, who plays Seo Young-bok, who is so in love with her husband and Geum-seul that she became a mother of many, dominated the set with acting that never disappoints expectations. Above all, Geum-hee, who has entered the door-to-door sales business and has been spending dynamic 50s with her husband, and Young-bok, who can humorously sublimate even the extreme situation of the whole family living in a single room, unexpectedly took on the most laughter and livened up the set. And Lee Se-hee, who played the role of the hot single mom Lee Joo-ri, did a great job of playing the youngest, properly emitting lively energy even amidst the aura of acting masters.

The production team said, "'Quiet Sales' is filled with actors who are really good at acting. The acting skills that allow them to confidently sell are combined, so the set was heated up to the point that it felt like full-scale filming. All the actors, including Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee, did their roles so well that it was amazing. We will capture this hot acting battle in video and deliver it to the living room theater." First broadcast in October as a follow-up to 'Family X Melo'