[Upcoming Drama 2024] A Virtuous Business/Quiet Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Sun Young & Lee Se Hee- Premieres in second half of 2014

larus

Kim So yeon left a message on her Fan cafe

"To those who have birthdays in June💕I sincerely congratulate you🌼🥰
Hope you have a happy day🌷🌷🌷🌸🤍
June chit-chat😉,,,Haha I bought a knit that I thought was pretty at a shopping mall not long ago~ But when I got home and looked at it again, it didn't match my usual dressing style 🙂 It's exactly style of Jung Sook ssi hahaha ! Hahahaha It made me laugh☺️☺️☺️
Let’s laugh a lot today too!😊💕
So yeon is still in her character, Jung Sook . 😃  The knitted sweater is Jung Sook`s signature clothe.😅

97ff0b82195580aa7011b4cbe31d90f501904ec0

• LOL 1

Expected lineup of JTBC dramas in the second half of 2024 (2024.06.29)

cbcf0ee24db68704543335eaa6e1c42c64e7940f

<Saturday Drama>

1. Familyx Melo (12 episodes): August 10, 2024

2. Quiet Sales (12 episodes): October 2024 ~

3. Good Boy (16 episodes): Second half of 2024 ~

<Wednesday Drama>

1. Prefab Family (16 episodes): August 7, 2024 ~

2. Cinderella at 2 AM (10 episodes): October 2024 ~ (simultaneous airing on Coupang Play)

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=drama_new3&no=15414622

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=drama_new3&no=15422437

JTBC officially announced the next drama in Sat&Sun slot after My Sweet Mobster and it is Ji Jin Hee`s new drama Romance in the House who will premiere on August 10. It has 12 episodes, so the next drama will start on September 21st.

I know that there are rumors that Quiet Sales will come next but it is not sure. It could be other drama.

I wish we`ll know. They announce so late the kdramas line up. 

• Like 1

New line up (not official) for JTBC drama. It looks like Quiet Sales will be broadcast in first half 2005 how it was previous presented.  Increased   from 12 episodes to 14 episodes.   Instead, JTBC will air after Ji Jin Hee`s drama The Story of Miss Ok. We`ll see.

JTBC Drama Lineup (2H24~1H25)

<Prefabricated Family> Wednesday, August 7

<Family × Melodrama> Saturday, Sunday, August 10

<Mrs. Ok’s Story> Second Half Saturdays and Sundays

<Good Boy> 2nd half Saturdays and Sundays (Diffl East)

<Quiet Sales> 2025

<The Art of Negotiation> 2025

787b278efcbf45d20d953118faffd591693a3742

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSSw7ySagAQRaND?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2025] Quiet Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Kim Sung Ryung & Lee Se Hee- Premieres in 2025

JTBC line up 2025 (not official)

The Art of Negotiation- Lee Je-hoon and Kim Dae-myeong

Quiet Sales- Kim So-yeon and Kim Seong-ryeong

Good Man -Lee Dong-wook Lee Sung-kyung

Park Seo-joon, Waiting for Gyeongdo

100 Memories- Kim Da-mi Kim Hye-ja,

more beautiful than heaven, Han Ji-min, Son Seok-gu

God's Bead- Ahn Bo-hyun Lee Seong-min Suhyeon Ha Yun-kyung

Another line up that mention the drama in 2025.

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=dramareview&no=133189

https://www.instagram.com/kimsoyeon.ssofanpage/p/C9cHMJOJ7wl/?hl=am-et&img_index=2

20 hours ago, larus said:

Jung Sook is a mother in Quiet Sales or she is taking care of a child? It looks like the same outfit as the first picture from the filming site that we got earlier.

I don`t like that it will premiere next year but I can wait. But I don`t like that I don`t know anything about So yeon`s role. It is the first time when she did not have an article confirming the role.  We know something about the others but nothing about Jung sook.

The latest behind the scene picture revelead something. Jung Sook is a mother, I believe. From the picture the baby has a few months. What is her story? Is she married? A single mother?

Kim Sung Ryung`s character used to be rich and now she has to earn some money working in the door to door sales business. What happened?

Lee Se hee`s character is a single mother too. She has a son. 

Kim Sun young is married and has children and has to make money for her family.

Another question for now. Why Kim Do Hyun (Yeon Woo Ji`s character) has moved in the province after having a succesful career in Seoul? Was he disciplinary transferred or it was his choice?

It is a comedy so....I think we`ll have odinary people interacting each other and working to make a living.

• Like 1

20240722030643_kim-so-yeon-yeon-woo-jin-Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, And More Confirmed To Star In Drama About '90s Taboos

Jul 22, 2024
by S Nam

Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, and more will be starring in a new drama together!

On July 22, JTBC’s upcoming drama “Virtuous Sales” (literal title) confirmed its casting of Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Shin Young, and Lee Se Hee.

A remake of the 2016 British television series “Brief Encounters,” “Virtuous Sales” is a drama about the independence, growth, and friendship of four “sisters” who delve into door-to-door sales of adult products at a rural village in 1992 when sex was still taboo. The story delves into how women find a way to flourish on their own while contributing healthy energy to the secret world of married couples in a time where it was taboo just to utter the word “sex.”

Kim So Yeon will star as the virtuous housewife Han Jung Sook, who won a local beauty pageant with her beautiful appearance. She married her first boyfriend and lives a modest and passive life. However, her inability to buy a new backpack for her son and constant worry about rent bring a great change in her. In order to make money on her own, she delves into selling adult products and discovers an unexpected calling as a saleswoman.

Yeon Woo Jin will play police officer Kim Do Hyun, who is from the United States. Having grown up in a wealthy family and graduated from an Ivy League college, Do Hyun is promoted at high speed at the Seoul Gangnam Police Station. However, for some unknown reason, he comes down to the rural Geumje Police Station, raising intrigue about his secret.

Kim Sung Ryung will transform into the elegant and intelligent Oh Geum Hee. Although she is educated as a woman who graduated from university, she is now spending boring afternoons killing time after marriage through a family arrangement and following her husband down to his hometown of Geumje. In order to help her housekeeper Jung Sook, Oh Geum Hee also jumps into the world of door-to-door sales of adult products, leading a life in her 50s that is even more dynamic than her 20s.

Kim Sun Young will take on the role of Seo Young Bok who has a great relationship with her husband and a fruitful family life. However, she struggles internally as her six-member family has to sleep together in a small room. With her goal of giving her children rooms of their own, Seo Young Bok partakes in selling adult products. Due to her experience of raising four children, Seo Young Bok is able to overcome any hardship with humor.

Last but not least, Lee Se Hee will take on the role of the town’s “it girl” and single mom Lee Joo Ri who is raising her son on her own while running a hair salon. Even when men send her leering gazes at her for wearing revealing outfits that she enjoys wearing, she remains unfazed with a smiling face and sweet manner of speech. Considering the sales of adult products to be a fun event in her boring everyday life, she eventually matures through the process.

kim-so-yeon-yeon-woo-jin.jpg

“Virtuous Sales” is slated to air in the second half of 2024.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1676011wpp/kim-so-yeon-yeon-woo-jin-and-more-confirmed-to-star-in-drama-about-90s-taboos

• Like 1

Finally, we have an official confirmation of the cast.

If they announce some news about the drama then, it is possible to be broadcast in 2004, perhaps in October. We`ll see. I will be happy to not wait until next year.

So Yeon`s character is a housekeeper and a married woman with a child. From the stills, I new she has a child but I was surprised about her job. It is the first time Kim So yeon plays a housekeeper. And her employer, Oh Geum Hee, will enter the word of door to door sales to help her. 

I wonder who will play Sung Jook`s husband. I have a feeling he will be missing from the series somehow.

Lee Joo Ri, Lee Se hee`s character, is a single mother as presented but I like her confidence.

Seo Young Bok (played by Kim Sun Young) will bring humor to the mix.

Now the lead male character Kim Do Hyun.... I think he came to town for an investigation.

I was surprised that this drama was a remake after a British series. I never heard about it. Now I will search a little about it.

Ok. I read the synospsis of all 6 episodes pf the British series.

Spoiler

I think the Korean version will change some things but I don`t know how much. They will make a 6 episdoe drama into 12 or 14.

First.... Han Jung Sook is married and she will find out that her husband cheated. They are not separated and the husband tries to reconcile.  

Kim Do Hyun`s character in the British series is Johnny. He is a police officer who came to town with a secret. He is younger (I assume) than Steph (Han Jung sook`s corespondent) and it will be interested romantically in Steph. His secret... looking for his biological mom (I assume that was Pauline/ Oh Geum Hee). In the end of the show he want to leave town but Steph will look for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brief_Encounters_(TV_series)

Perhaps they will make the series more Korean style. I can`t see Kim Do Hyun beeing Oh Geum Hee`s son but it is possible. Yeon Woo Jin is in his 40s but he could play a 30 years old man and Oh Geom hee might be 50.

I watched episode 3 of the British series (that was the only one I found available). It gave me an impression of how it is the series.

I like the story of ordinary life of those women, their hardship, their friendship and how they will want to change their lives. It will be interesting to see the women relationship, how they will try to help the business. Perhaps we`ll have some laughs because of that.  I can`t wait to watch the Korean version. Fingers crossed for a good series.

• Like 1

July 22 2024

Main cast announced for JTBC drama “Virtuous Sales”

Virtuous_Sales-a00.jpeg

Kim So-Yeon, Yeon Woo-Jin, Kim Sung-Ryoung, Kim Sun-Young, and Lee Se-Hee are cast in JTBC drama series “Virtuous Sales” (literal title). The drama series is a remake of 2016 UK television series “Brief Encounters.” Story for “Virtuous Sales” will be set in the year 1992 in a rural South Korean town. Four women begin door to door sales of adults products for their own reasons.

“Virtuous Sales” will air sometime later this year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: In the rural village of Geumje in 1992, four women begin door-to-door sales of adult products. They have different reasons for getting involved in the business venture. They gain financial independence and develop friendships, through their work.

Han Jung-Sook (Kim So-Yeon) is a housewife. She was once the 1st runner-up in a local beauty contest and she married the man who was her first love. Her life is modest and ordinary, but she suffers from financial difficulties. She is unable to afford a new bag for her only son and she worries about making her monthly rent. This provides a wake up call for her. She soon jumps into door-to-door sales of imported adult products. She discovers that she has a talent for marketing and sales.

Oh Geum-Hee (Kim Sung-Ryoung) grew up in a wealthy family and graduated from a prestigious women’s university. She got married through an arranged marriage made by her family. She moved to Geumje, which is her husband’s hometown. Here, she lives a boring life. To help Han Jung-Sook, who once worked as her housekeeper, she begins to work door-to-door sales of imported adult products. This leads her to have an unexpected self-reflection.

Seo Young-Bok (Kim Sun-Young) is a mother of 4 children. Her relationship with her husband is great and they look like a happy family, but her family suffers from poverty. The six family members sleep together in a single room. In order to provide a separate room for her 4 children, Seo Young-Bok begins to work door-to-door sales of imported adult products.

Lee Joo-Ri (Lee Se-Hee) is a single mother, who raises her son alone. She also runs a beauty parlor. She begins to do door-to-door sales of imported adult products, believing it would be a fun thing to do in her boring life. She grows as a person through her work and lifts the spirits of the other 3 women when they encounter frustrating situations.

Meanwhile, Kim Do-Hyun (Yeon Woo-Jin) is a police officer, who grew up in a wealthy family in South Korea and gradated from an Ivy League school in the United States. After he returned to South Korea, he began to work as a police officer and was quickly promoted at the Gangnam Police Station in Seoul. He then moved to Geumje and began to work at the Geumje Police Station. He doesn’t seem to have a connection with the area, but he has a secret.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/main-cast-announced-for-jtbc-drama-virtuous-sales

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2025] Quiet Sales/Virtuous Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Kim Sung Ryung & Lee Se Hee- Premieres in 2025

Kim So Yeon and Yeon Woo Jin set to star in “Virtuous Sales” drama about ’90s taboos

ByLydia Koh

July 22, 2024

yeon-fotor-20240722123525.jpg

JTBC has cast Kim So Yeon and Yeon Woo Jin among others in their next drama, “Virtuous Sales.” The drama’s cast, confirmed on July 22, includes Lee Se Hee, Kim So Yeon, Kim Sung Ryung, Yeon Woo Jin, and Kim Shin Young.

“Virtuous Sales,” a remake of the 2016 British series “Brief Encounters,” explores the lives of four women who venture into selling adult products door-to-door in a rural village in 1992, a time when discussing physical intimacy was taboo.

The story highlights their journey toward independence, growth, and friendship as they navigate societal constraints.

Han Jung Sook, a devout housewife and former beauty queen, is portrayed by Kim So Yeon. Her struggles to provide for her family led her to sell adult products, revealing her unexpected talent as a saleswoman.

Yeon Woo Jin plays a police officer from the USA, Kim Do Hyun, who has a privileged background and an Ivy League education.

Despite his rapid promotion at Seoul’s Gangnam Police Station, he relocates to the rural Geumje Police Station under mysterious circumstances.

kim-fotor-20240722123259-e1721622803416.

Kim Sung Ryung transforms into Oh Geum Hee, an elegant and educated woman who, after a lackluster marriage, joins the world of door-to-door sales to support her housekeeper, Jung Sook.

Kim Sun Young plays Seo Young Bok, who struggles with cramped living conditions despite a happy family life.

Driven by the desire to give her children their own rooms, she becomes involved in selling adult products, using her humour to overcome challenges.

Lee Se Hee stars as Lee Joo Ri, a single mum and the town’s “it girl,” who runs a hair salon and remains undeterred by societal judgment. She considers selling adult products a fun escape, eventually growing through the experience.

Veteran actress

Kim So Yeon is a well-respected South Korean actress who has been active in the industry since 1994.

She is known for her roles in many popular television dramas, including All About Eve (2000), Iris (2009), Prosecutor Princess (2010), Happy Home (2016), and her most recent hit, The Penthouse: War in Life (2020-2021).

https://theindependent.sg/kim-so-yeon-and-yeon-woo-jin-set-to-star-in-virtuous-sales-drama-about-90s-taboos/

• Like 1

Lee Se-hee appears in ‘Quiet Sales’… Working with Kim So-yeon, Kim Seong-ryeong, and Kim Sun-young

high.jpg&w=750&q=75

Actress Lee Se-hee appears in 'Quiet Sales'. According to her agency J Wide Company on the 22nd, Lee Se-hee will appear in JTBC's new drama 'Quiet Sales' (written by Choi Bo-rim / directed by Cho Woong).

'Quiet Sales' is a drama about the independence, growth, and friendship of the four 'door-to-door sisters' who started selling adult products door-to-door in a rural village in 1992.

It is a remake of 'Brief Encounters', which aired on ITV in the UK in 2016, and tells the story of women who were ahead of the times when it was difficult to even talk about 'sex', but somehow managed to infuse healthy energy into the secret world of couples and thrive on their own.

In the play, Lee Se-hee plays the role of Lee Joo-ri, a forbidden 'it girl' and a single mother who raises her son alone. She runs her own hair salon and enjoys wearing unconventional outfits. She is a mentally triumphant protagonist who can hit even men who give her dark looks with a smiling face and charming tone of voice.

Lee Se-hee announced a new character transformation that is completely different from the roles she played in previous works, and expectations are high on what kind of chemistry she will show with the 'door-to-door sisters' Kim So-yeon (playing Han Jeong-sook), Kim Seong-ryeong (Oh Geum-hee), and Kim Sun-young (Seo Young-bok).

Lee Se-hee debuted in singer Na Yoon-kwon's music video '364 Days of Dreams' in 2015. She also played the role of Park Dan-dan in the KBS 2TV Saturday-Sunday drama 'A Gentleman and a Lady', which made her popular. Meanwhile, ‘Quiet Sales’ will be broadcast in the second half of this year.

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] Quiet Sales/Virtuous Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Kim Sung Ryung & Lee Se Hee- Premieres in second half of 2014

Kim So-yeon appears on JTBC’s ‘Quiet Sales’ and becomes a door-to-door salesperson for ‘adult products’

news-p.v1.20240722.01caf232d8c24caab9430

Actress Kim So-yeon has confirmed her appearance in ‘Quiet Sales’. JTBC's new drama 'Quiet Sales' (directed by Jo Woong, written by Choi Bo-rim, provided by SLL, produced by Hijium Studio, 221b) is a remake of 'Brief Encounters', which aired on ITV in the UK in 2016, and has a 'last name'. This is a work that tells the story of independence, growth, and friendship of the four 'door-to-door Sisters' who started selling adult products door-to-door in a rural village in 1992, at a time when this was considered a taboo.

In the play, Kim So-yeon plays the role of Han Jeong-suk. In the play, Han Jeong-suk is a discreet and sexually passive character, like most Korean women in the 90s. However, Han Jeong-suk, who started selling adult products door-to-door out of desperation to support her family and feed her children, is achieving unrivaled results with her natural marketer talent and accumulated know-how.

Kim So-yeon, who shows off her outstanding acting skills and various charms in each of her works, is raising expectations to see how she will capture the hearts of viewers with her performance in this work. Meanwhile, JTBC's new drama 'Quiet Sales' is scheduled to air in the second half of 2024.

https://www.ekn.kr/web/view.php?key=20240722029520659

I love Jung sook already. And the other characters.  I can`t wait to see the women friendship and the transformation of Jung Sook.

• Like 1

Reporter Oh Myeong-eon = Actors Kim So-yeon, Kim Seong-ryeong, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee come together as four housewives who were ahead of their time in JTBC's new drama.

AKR20240722049900005_01_i_P4.jpg

JTBC announced the casting lineup for the drama 'Quiet Sales' on the July22nd.

'Quiet Sales' is a drama that tells the story of four housewives who started selling adult products door-to-door in a rural village in 1992, when sex was a taboo. It is a remake of the drama 'Brief Encounters', which aired on ITV in the UK in 2016.

Kim So-yeon plays Han Jeong-suk, a housewife who, like her name suggests, has lived a chaste life. She married her husband, her first romantic partner, and lived a quiet and passive life, but worrying about her monthly rent awakens her.

Kim Seong-ryeong plays the role of Oh Geum-hee, who graduated from a prestigious women's university but spends her free days in Geumje, her husband's hometown, after marrying her family's wishes, and Kim Sun-young plays the role of Seo Yeong-bok, the mother of three who lives in her single room. I take charge. Lee Se-hee plays Lee Joo-ri, who raises her son alone.

Yeon Woo-jin plays the role of Kim Do-hyeon, a police officer who lived in the United States. He grew up in a wealthy family and graduated from a prestigious Ivy League school, but due to an unknown story, he ends up at the Geumje police station.

The production team said, “Please look forward to the growth story of ‘Door-to-Door Sisters,’ who build strong friendships and move forward to a better life by ‘door-to-door selling adult products’ in a conservative rural village that was no different from the Joseon Dynasty compared to now.”

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20240722049900005

[News Reporter Lee Min-ji] Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, Kim Seong-ryeong, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee meet.

202407220900002410_1_20240722090419367.j

JTBC's new drama 'Quiet Sales' (written by Choi Bo-rim/directed by Jo Woong) is about a group of four 'door-to-door Sisters' who entered the door-to-door sales of adult products in a rural village in 1992, at a time when 'last names' were taboo. It is a drama about independence, growth, and friendship. It depicts the story of women who were ahead of the times when it was difficult to even say ‘sex’ out loud, but somehow managed to infuse healthy energy into the secret world of couples and thrive on their own.

It is a remake of ‘Brief Encounters’, which aired on ITV in the UK in 2016. Kim So-yeon, Kim Seong-ryeong, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee are the four members of the ‘Bangban Sisters’, and Yeon Woo-jin is the ‘American Style’ police officer of the forbidden era. They plan to write an unabashedly honest and exciting story of self-reliance growth by recalling topics that were taboo in the 90s.

Kim So-yeon plays ‘Han Jeong-sook,’ a housewife who lives a chaste life as her name suggests. Jeong-suk, who was once elected as the golden pepper lady ‘Jin’ due to her shining beauty, married her husband, her first romantic partner, and she lived a discreet and passive life. However, not being able to buy a new bag for her only son, and worrying about rent every month, makes her wake up. In order to make money on her own, she goes into door-to-door sales of foreign adult products, and discovers her natural marketer's talent that she didn't even know she had.

‘Kim Do-hyun’, played by Yeon Woo-jin, who has been loved for his acting skills that combine softness and charisma, is an ‘American style’ police officer who lived in the United States. Do-hyeon, who grew up in a wealthy family and graduated from a prestigious Ivy League school, returns to Korea and is quickly promoted through special promotion at the Gangnam Police Station in Seoul. However, for some reason, he comes down to Geumje police station, where he has no connection, and the secret he hides is expected to stimulate endless curiosity as an unexpected mystery in ‘Quiet Sales’.

Kim Seong-ryeong, who does not settle for her familiar role and carves out her presence with her ever-changing acting skills, plays ‘Oh Geum-hee’, the elegant brain of ‘The Door-to-Door Sisters’. At that time, Geumhee was a ‘woman from Ewha Womans University’ who was called ‘Mrs.’ and grew up cultured. However, she is currently spending her free days in Geumje, the hometown of her husband, whom she married through the arrangements of her family. Then, in order to help Jeong-sook, who worked as a housekeeper, she goes into door-to-door sales of adult products, leading to unexpected self-reflection on her part. Accordingly, Geumhee will spend her 50s being more dynamic than her 20s.

Kim Sun-young, who has proven her true worth by dominating the play with her outstanding acting skills regardless of genre, played the role of Seo Young-bok, the mother of her multiple children. Her relationship with her husband is amazing, and the inner life of Yeongbok, who has created a happy family, is a little different from what she appears on the outside. It is because of poverty that her family of six has to sleep crammed into a single room. Youngbok, who believes that “if you give birth under cover, you will end up like a beggar,” jumps into door-to-door sales to somehow provide a separate room for the children. Perhaps due to the hardships she experienced while raising four children, she sublimates her extreme situation into humor and plays the role of a licorice that makes the Bangpan Sisters laugh.

Lee Se-hee, who has been shining with her fresh and vibrant visuals and acting skills, is the golden ‘it girl’. She played the role of Lee Ju-ri, a single mother who raised her son alone. Joo-ri, who runs a hair salon, enjoys unconventional outfits and is a mentally triumphant character who hits the bones with her smiling face and charming tone of voice even to men who give her dark looks. At first, she jumps into door-to-door sales thinking it would be a fun event in her boring daily life, but she grows up to be a lively ‘fact bomber’ who never gets frustrated in any situation and is a confident youngest member who lifts up her older sisters.

The production team said, “Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, Kim Seong-ryeong, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee, perfect ‘trustworthy’ actors who must be seen without asking, summon the 90s. I am confident that they will breathe life into the differentiated subject matter and dramatic story with their excellent acting. “Compared to now, we ask for your anticipation and interest in the growth story of ‘Door-to-Door Sisters,’ who built strong friendships through the medium of ‘door-to-door sales of adult products’ in a conservative rural village during a time that was no different from the Joseon Dynasty and moved forward to a better life.”

https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/609/0000877838

• Like 1

I can see some differences from the original series but the essense is the same. 

f91daea9d3e6210f3e1a66400352e005bca4c459

Stephanie "Steph" /Han Jung Sook (Kim So Yeon), Nita/Seo Young-bok (Kim Sun-young), Dawn/Lee Joo-ri (Lee Se Hee) and Pauline/Oh Geum-hee (Kim Sung-ryeong)

Yeon Woo Jin, Kim So Yeon and more confirmed to lead British series Brief Encounter's remake Virtuous Sales

Yeon Woo Jin, Kim So Yeon and more talented actors have been confirmed to lead the much-awaited business comedy series Virtuous Sales. Here are the details.

Updated on Jul 22, 2024

580270463_yeon-woo-jin-kin-soyeon.jpg

Yeon Woo Jin, Kim So Yeon, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Shin Young, and Lee Se Hee have been confirmed as the cast of Virtuous Sales. The drama is a remake of the 2016 British series Brief Encounter. It is expected to premiere in the second half of 2024. Anticipation runs high as the talented actors come together for an interesting plot set in the 1990s. 

Yeon Woo Jin to play police officer and Kim So Yeon to play homemaker in Virtuous Sales 

On July 22, JTBC confirmed that Yeon Woo Jin, Kim So Yeon, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Shin Young, and Lee Se Hee will be leading the upcoming drama Virtuous Sales. Yeon Woo Jin will be playing Kim Do Hyun, a police officer from the United States of America. He belongs to a wealthy family and is also smart and hence is quickly promoted. But strangely he comes to work in a rural village.

Kim So Yeon takes on the role of Han Jung Sook who is a homemaker and was a beauty pageant winner in the past. She lives a peaceful life with her husband but due to financial struggles, she starts selling adult products and finds her calling as a saleswoman.

Virtuous Sales is scheduled to premiere in the latter half of 2024. 

The story is set in a rural village in the 1990s when the topic of sex was taboo. Virtuous Sales will focus on the lives of women who sell adult products door to door at a time when women were expected to retire early and take care of their families. 

The project is being directed by Jo Woong who is also known for Love All Play and Justice. Choi Bo Rim has worked on the screenplay. She has also written for hits like My Roommate is a Gumiho and Touch Your Heart. 

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/yeon-woo-jin-kim-so-yeon-and-more-confirmed-to-lead-british-series-brief-encounters-remake-virtuous-sales-1330710

• Like 1

Virtuous Sales Kdrama: Kim So-yeon and Yeon Woo-jin Set to Tackle Societal Norms in Upcoming Comedy Series, Cast Revealed

Virtuous-Sales-Kdrama-Still--696x392.jpg

July 22, 2024

JTBC has officially announced the cast for its upcoming comedy-series, Virtuous Sales kdrama (working title), set to grace screens in the latter half of 2024. This highly anticipated series features an impressive ensemble, including Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Shin-young, and Lee Se-hee.

A fresh take on the 2016 British television series Brief Encounters, Virtuous Sales (정숙한 세일즈) transports viewers to a 1992 rural village in South Korea. Set against a backdrop where discussions of sex remain largely taboo, the drama explores the journeys of four women who venture into door-to-door sales of adult products. The series focuses on their personal growth, independence, and the formation of deep bonds as they navigate societal constraints and find their own paths to empowerment.

Kim So-yeon stars as Han Jung-sook, a once-vivacious beauty queen now leading a modest, subdued life as a housewife. Her world shifts dramatically when financial pressures, such as the inability to afford a new backpack for her son and mounting rent concerns, push her into the uncharted territory of selling adult products. This new venture not only helps her provide for her family but also uncovers a surprising new passion.

Yeon Woo-jin joins the cast as Kim Do-hyun, a police officer with a mysterious past. Originally from the United States, Kim Do-hyun’s rapid rise through the ranks at Seoul’s Gangnam Police Station takes an unexpected turn when he is reassigned to the quieter Geumje Police Station. His background and the reasons behind this move add layers of intrigue to his character.

Kim Sung-ryung plays Oh Geum-hee, a sophisticated woman who, despite her education and previous social standing, finds herself leading a monotonous life following her husband to Geumje. To assist her friend Han Jung-sook, she dives into the world of adult product sales, embracing a more adventurous lifestyle in her 50s than she did in her youth.

Kim Sun-young takes on the role of Seo Young-bok, a mother of four struggling with cramped living conditions. Determined to provide her children with their own rooms, Seo Young-bok turns to adult product sales as a means to an end. Her resilience and humour, honed through years of parenting, become her greatest assets.

Lastly, Lee Se-hee will portray Lee Joo-ri, the local “it girl” and single mother managing a hair salon. Despite dealing with unwelcome attention and judgments due to her revealing attire, Lee Joo-ri remains undeterred. Her foray into adult product sales offers her a chance to add excitement to her routine, leading to personal growth and a deeper sense of maturity.

Virtuous Sales promises to blend humour with heartfelt storytelling, offering a unique perspective on societal norms and personal liberation. Keep an eye out for more updates as the premiere approaches!

https://www.leisurebyte.com/virtuous-sales-kdrama-kim-so-yeon-yeon-woo-jin/

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] Quiet Sales/Virtuous Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Sun Young & Lee Se Hee- Premieres in second half of 2014

The child actor`s name is Choi Ja-woon and he is playing Han Jung Sook`s son in Virtuous Sales.

His mother uploaded (on Istagram) two pictures of her son with Kim so Yeon and commented:

Ja Woon likes a lot these days.

Actress Kim So-yeon❤️

@sysysy1102

She said JaWoon is so cute and she likes him so much...❣️❣️She also said she thought of Jaun after returning home...

JaWoon also talks about Jeongsuk’s mom often🤗 You're pretty and you act really well. Please take a lot of pictures with Jaun. . . I am happy throughout the filming.

46b1519cf5c11b023a496c3118a82b47142a2b0e

https://www.instagram.com/yuyeonjin27/p/C9v1XhlzSR0/?img_index=1

Adult products… Actress Kim So-yeon reveals the real shocker: 'Fans are in for a surprise'

73741ee6-d953-403b-96ac-2f3921fc3c47.jpg

Actresses Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee will be selling adult products in their new drama.

According to JTBC's 'Quiet Sales' on the 25th, Kim So-yeon, Yeon Woo-jin, Kim Seong-ryeong, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee will appear in this work.

JTBC's new drama 'Quiet Sales' is a drama about the independence, growth, and friendship of the four 'door-to-door sisters' who started selling adult products door-to-door in a rural village in 1992, at a time when 'sex' was a taboo. Kim So-yeon, Kim Seong-ryeong, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee play an active role as the ‘door-to-door sisters.’

Kim So-yeon plays Han Jung-sook, a woman who has lived a quiet life and starts selling foreign adult products door-to-door to earn money for herself, but discovers her talent for marketing. Kim So-yeon, who has a wide range of acting skills, including dramas such as "Tale of Nine Tailed 1938," "Penthouse," and "Happy Home," is expected to showcase her character as a door-to-door salesperson for adult products.

Kim Seong-ryeong plays the role of Oh Geum-hee, a brain who, as a ‘woman from Ewha Womans University’, lives a free life with her husband, whom she married through her family’s arrangement, and then enters the door-to-door sales of adult products with Jeong-suk, who worked as her housekeeper.

Seo Young Bok, a multipotent mother who has a good relationship with her husband, is played by Kim Sun Young, who played Jin Jin-Sun Woo's mother in "Answer Me 1988" and is the liquorice of the Bangpan Sizzlers.

Lee Se-hee, who made her face known to viewers in the drama 'A Gentleman and a Lady', plays the role of Lee Joo-ri, a single mother who raises her son on her own, and shows the process of her growing up as the confident youngest woman of the group.

"The must-see actors Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Sun-young, and Lee Se-hee will bring back the 90s," said the producers, "and we are confident that they will bring the differentiated material and dramatic story to life with their excellent performances.

"We look forward to following the story of the 'Bangpan Sisters' as they forge strong friendships and move forward to a better life through the medium of 'door-to-door sales of adult products' in a conservative rural village in a time that was like the Joseon Dynasty compared to today."

https://tvreport.co.kr/breaking/article/826472/

• Like 1